1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome back to QQ. The search function will be unavailable for some hours until the index has been rebuilt.
    Dismiss Notice

The King has Left the Building (Yu-gi-oh! GX SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by PrinceJonathan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Blackgutter

Blackgutter I trust you know where the happy button is?

I hope you go into ritual monsters, those get little love and tend to have an advantage damage and effect wise over fusions this early in yugioh last I checked.

If you want special monster out of your ass ritual can be a good excuse. I use ritual of the monarch of now and forever to tribute the lightning monarch to ritual summon. Come out ATEM, the monarch of now and forever.
    PrinceJonathan

Noobnoob and KenNM like this.
  2. 13ry4n

13ry4n For Sanguinius and the Emperor!

"Hey Alexis, a weird thing happened that I might need your help with."
    Don't talk about Chumley like that!

ThatGuyMike, KenNM and AssiriosDM like this.
  3. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ritual of the Monarch? I'm not pulling fake cards out of my ass.

If I was going to play Ritual in the GX era, it'd be Demise OTK. Fucking hell! Demise would be even more busted because I'd only need to inflict 4000 damage instead of 8000. Demise and Doom Dozer is enough to to that! I could ditch the Megamorph Equip Spells to focus more on increasing the deck's consistency.

Stanley_Jeb, ThatGuyMike and KenNM like this.
  4. Blackgutter

Oh sorry, I didn’t know if you were going to make your cards or not. I just think ritual decks don’t get a lot of love and it was the only card type that didn’t have an anime with it as its gimmick.

That and they are cool:cool:

KenNM likes this.
  5. PrinceJonathan

I might get some future cards made early by letting things slip to Chumley since he gets a job as a card designer for Industrial Illusions, but none of the cards will be fake. I might tweak the effects a little to make them more playable though.

KenNM likes this.
  6. Project Eden

Project Eden Enthusiastic Seeker of Culture

Find Alexis ASAP and let her know she has an impersonator. Enlist her help along with security guard and make her catch Crowler red handed since she has personal stake on it. Jayden only needs to point her the direction and sit back to watch the fireworks.

Lightxdarkwing likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

And i was about to ask if you will use shadow magic that is the way to immortality and power maybe when everyone get tossed into monster dimensions you can look for spellcasters or gravekeepers or if you somehow summoned your ka getting a dark item from the shadow riders would help abidos also have a diadhank so he must know about shadow magic and how to get a ka.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  8. KenNM

KenNM Actually 19

Well at least Bastion called him out on that. Still, I'm looking forward to see where thos goes. Both the duel and the "love letter" debacle.

Anon-Echo98 likes this.
  9. ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike That One Guy

Ah, a man after my own heart. Demise decks are the most fun, if not the most consistent of things... Well, I suppose with Impcantrix they're better... Though with everything immune to card destruction its such a pain. Was really fun to side one during Kozmo format to blow up Dark Destroyer. Ahh, sweet times.

10. KenNM

KenNM Actually 19

Yeah. The Demise and Ruin series are some of my favorite ritual monsters. Used them often in Tag Force.

11. Blackgutter

I just found out that fusion of all three cards of sacred beasts have 0 attack and defense until damage step. Which means the doom donut flip effect will destroy it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Drakonpie250 likes this.
  12. PrinceJonathan

Thankfully the SI doesn't have to worry about Armityle the Chaos Phantasm. For one, I don't think Kagemaru is even aware the Sacred Beasts can perform Contact Fusion. Second, the SI is under the misconception he's dealing with the OCG/TCG Sacred Beasts, and Chaos Phantasm Armityle needs a specific Fusion card which Kagemaru doesn't run.

13. Stanley_Jeb

Stanley_Jeb Making the rounds.

Are you going to pull other cards out of there? Such as the Squires and other Monarch support?
    Or is that note going to be your priority since you can run Metamorphosis and all those Extra Deck blocking effects would go against that?
    Plus, are you going to pull out other cards? Since this is the anime, Neptune should be available (as Cook is not a thing there), so if you pull Nightingale you could do the Instant Fusion -> Nightingale -> Nep combo, which is something that seems like it'd be worth it to me, at least on the side, especially since you can search Nep with Sangan or Witch Of The Black Forest and the low initial LP would allow you to potentially even OTK with it. Plus, it's a nice beatstick that's... Well, not impossible to get off the field by a long shot, but hard, so long as everyone else is limited to purely GX cards anyway (so no Kaijus or something).

EDIT: Though I am indeed aware that Neptune is a dead draw in a good few scenarios. Still, you could even summon it with one Tribute and go into Goyo Emperor to get more Tribute fodder for your Monarchs via Metamorphosis. Or Naturia Exterio for those negates. Or Oneiros, to destroy a monster your opponent controls once per turn when you tribute for a monarch. Destiny Hero - Dominance could work too, though Phoenix probably has that one and you need to actually destroy a monster with it for that +1. Destiny End Dragon can also destroy a monster once per turn, which could be used to your advantage, but again, that's probably Aster's card. In a pinch, you could also go with that Dragonmaid card, since that's a once per turn negate, but you'd have to play two of those so they can summon each other from the Extra Deck.

EDIT 2: Additionally, if you chose to Side Deck Neptune and Instant Fusion, how about a Yata-Garasu as well? Since this place doesn't have a ban list, the Yata-Lock should still be alive and well, so you might be able to use it. Similarly, Last Turn + Jowgen (or Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo) could be an option you could tap into if you're up against a tricky opponent. This post is probably more Side Deck talk than anything, but I feel like it could be worth considering.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  14. Anon-Echo98

Anon-Echo98 Purveyor of tales and lewds

Problem with this plan: Both Exterio and Goyo Emperor require Synchro Monsters as their Fusion materials, ergo... they couldn't exist in GX, save for possibly Seasons 3-4, considering Tag Force 3 had Synchro Monsters.

15. Stanley_Jeb

Ah, that is true. I was focusing on the fact that you wouldn't need Synchros to summon them since you cheat them out with Metamorphosis, but even if that makes them technically playable that still doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't really make sense as cards. OP said he might tweak things like this:
    Though yeah, you got a good point, I shouldn't assume that.

EDIT: Also, I realized that I read Dragonmaid Sheou wrong, so you'd only get one negate and then a level 9 monster. Which I guess you could Metamorph again, but that'd be way too circumstancial.

16. Anon-Echo98

I mean, that'd require tweaking the summoning requirements... though that said, I would love if through some butterfly effects, synchros and the like would start popping up earlier.

I'mma stop now though, don't want to even accidentally veer this thread off-topic.

Liquid Night likes this.
  17. PrinceJonathan

If you want that, go read State of the Meta by Yung Warrior which is way better than my pathetic piece of shit.

18. Stanley_Jeb

Re-reading this, does that mean that you'll only get new cards when the Genex Tournament starts? And that you have to convince Chumley with a pitch for them?

19. Anon-Echo98

Eugh, that story.... yeah, no offense to it or people who like it, but... I kinda got creeped out by the MC there...

Actually... this reminds me of a thing that I had been thinking about a while back. Chumley used Ayers Rock Sunrise in his duel against Crowler... but Ayers rock Sunrise is a card that he made, so clearly, DA has the facilities to make Cards, at least one or two per student, and most likely, they have to be reviewed by a staff member before they get to printing, not to mention the process of coding the card and the associated animations.

Stanley_Jeb likes this.
  20. PrinceJonathan

What's so creepy about him?

I thought Chumley submitted his artwork for Ayers Rock Sunrise to an Industrial Illusion's Create-a-Card contest? I don't think it was made using Duel Academy facilities.

ThatGuyMike likes this.
  21. Liquid Night

Liquid Night Making the rounds.

Nice chapter man, much appreciated.
    It got me to download GX, something I never finished as a kid.
    Just finished this episode in the anime.

Keep up the good work and I like where you're going even if I don't know the cards well enough to always follow along without looking them up.

22. Blackgutter

Your fic is not that bad, sheer dueling knowledge does not a good yugioh fic make.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh likes this.
  23. Anon-Echo98

Admittedly been a while since I dropped the fic, but... something about his attitude rubbed the wrong way, especially after the character the MC tried to woo... well, reciprocated, made things feel way too... well, wish-wanky.

I admit, been a while since I watched the episode, but I do remember that they did have a class about making a card... and that Jaden has very, very poor drawing skills.

....Sub, or dub? Because there is a vast difference between the Jadens... I can also rec a site to watch both on.

24. Brenden1k

Brenden1k Getting out there.

I wonder if between s.I tutoring red and king of yellow possibly deciding to teach yellow as some sort of rivalry with S.I, we might get a duel monsters arms race that turns the blue obelisk into utter jokes and leaves the teachers baffled.at wait why does everyone have max possible jars of greed in their deck.

Their deck comes out intresting with text to speech.

25. Liquid Night

Liquid Night Making the rounds.

Ah, going with dub. Back in the day I watched pretty much exclusively subs but the ability to put it up on another monitor while I work is too useful. Especially since I don't it as gripping as I used to.

I'd appreciate the a site reccomend, apparently KissAnime went down and the copiers I've found so far either didn't have GX or were riddled with ridiculous amounts of ads.

EDIT: Also, what are the differences between them, if you don't mind elaborating?

26. Anon-Echo98

Fair. Personally have huge Nostalgia for the dub, but been meaning to watch the Subs -I'll DM ya the link-

Well, at least from what I've heard from other people, Jaden is... well, he's not as Surfer-bro-esque, and ah... well, Jesse is less of a Yaoi bait and... well, ok, it's still Yaoi-ish as all heck, but way more bromance. Basically.. Jesse sees Jaden as who he is, and doesn't make his problems Jaden's problems, essentially.

27. Threadmarks: chapter 10
    PrinceJonathan

Next chapter's going to be delayed because of the holidays. I have no days off this week except for Thanksgiving itself which I'm probably going to end up sleeping through because it's nothing but 8 hour shift after 8 hour shift back to back all week. I hate the holidays.

Also I finally got an avatar. Not too happy with it, but it's better than nothing and it does give you an idea what the SI will look like once he gets a haircut and an official Duel Academy hat from the shop when it opens up. Yeah I'm taking the Tag Force protag look and running with it.

The King has Left the Building
    Ch10
    -

"I just don't get what you see in that guy, Alexis." Jasmine says while slipping her Obelisk Blue skirt up her creamy thighs. "He's kind of cute, but that attitude of his..."

Her friend Mindy struggles with a hairbrush to bring her ponytail back into its trademark angel-wing shape. "Jaden's a creep. Did you see the way he was staring at Miss Fontaine?"

"Girls, every boy in class was eyeballing our teacher! It was almost like she was encouraging them." Alexis replies as she hooks her bra back into place. "Jaden lost interest after the first ten seconds."

"Are you sure you're not just blindly in love with him?" Mindy raises an eyebrow and smirks sarcastically.

Alexis just rolls her eyes. "Please, I just met him. He can be nice and polite once you give him a chance." She looks up dreamily into the distance. "I really want to duel him some time. I wonder if he can really pull off a Monarch deck?"

"Monarchs?" Jasmine wrinkles her nose in disgust. "Figures a guy like him would play those one pump chumps."

"Just drop it, both of you!" Alexis puts her foot down. "Jaden might come off as a bit rude, but so far I've only seen him be rude to those who are rude to him first. I don't see Jaden Yuki going around slamming other students into walls!"

Jasmine and Mindy's faces turn red as they're thoroughly chastised and they hang their heads in shame. "We said we were sorry."

"You two don't sound very sorry." Alexis scoffs and finishes getting dressed.

As soon as her two friends get their uniforms back on and their hair straightened out, the three girls leave the dressing room only to find the object of their discussion leisurely propped up against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

"Alexis, I need to ask you a question." Jaden Yuki looks up at them with a serious expression on his face.

Alexis turns to her two friends. "You two go on ahead." She says in a hushed tone.

"No way!" Jasmine cups a hand over her mouth. "We're not leaving you alone with that creep." Mindy silently nods along in agreement.

"Fine!" Alexis sighs and rubs her brow in frustration. "But keep it civil, and let me do the talking. Ok?" She asks and her two friends nod again.

Alexis then calmly walks up to Jaden who has a piece of paper in his hand. "Someone planted this in my locker." He explains and holds out what appears to be a love letter judging by the ugly neon pink kiss mark on the envelope. "Did you write this?"

She frowns and accepts the letter. "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that shade of lipstick." He laughs at her remark while she takes the letter out and unfolds it.

Her expression flickers between confusion, amusement, and irritation as she gives it a quick read. "It's like it was written by some kind of love-sick ten year old? Look, they even dotted the I's with little hearts. Who would write something so corny like this, and to frame me for it? It doesn't even sound like me!"

"I'm sure you can probably guess." Jaden smirks and smoothly folds his arms. "Maybe it's nothing more than a harmless prank, but if it is what I think it is then whoever wrote it will probably be out there tonight expecting me to walk into their trap."

'Could he mean Chazz? No, Chazz isn't clever enough to plan something like that.' She ponders over the letter, and then her eyes widen in realization. "You think Crowler wrote this?"

Jasmine and Mindy gasp at the accusation the Headmaster of Obelisk Blue would do something like that, and the two of them are about to verbally berate the Slifer Red only to be immediately shushed by Alexis's hand. Her gaze though doesn't leave Jaden Yuki's face.

"I'm saying nothing." He holds up his hands in defense. "But if you see anything suspicious.." He trails off.

"Call security." Alexis smirks and finishes his sentence. "Thank you, I will." She nods.

"Well.." Jaden steps forward and looks like he's trying to think of what to say before giving up and instead he starts to leave. "It was nice talking to you, Alexis."

"You too, Jaden." She replies only to blink as she catches what appears to be a brief flash of pain in his eyes before it is quickly replaced with his casual smile. Then he turns and walks away. 'What was with that look just now?'

"Hey, wait!" Alexis calls back. Jaden stops and turns around while raising a questioning eyebrow. "We should have a duel sometime." She waves back.

He chuckles softly. "Then get in line. I'm already scheduled to get my butt kicked by Bastion over in Ra Yellow." Jaden gives a final wave goodbye.

Alexis drops her hand and frowns as she watches him leave. 'He looks happy, but why does he sound so melancholy?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bastion Misawa sits in his dorm room after class lounging in his chair. The Industrial Illusions card database website is displayed on his computer in front of him. Several piles of cards litter the surface of his bed and his deck box lays open on the desk next to him.

He stares at the image of Gravekeeper's Spy on the monitor. A notebook lays beside him with the names of the cards Jaden Yuki asked him about earlier that day. All of them are marked with a question mark.

'Why would Jaden Yuki be interested in Gravekeeper's if he's playing Monarchs? They're not even the same archetype.' He taps a pen on the desk as he thinks. Leaning forward he reads the effect of Spy. 'Special Summons another Gravekeeper from the deck?'

He runs the calculations in his head and imagines how a turn would play out if he attacked into Jaden Yuki's face-down monster and it turned out to be Gravekeeper's Spy.

'Assuming I am able to get over the impressive 2,000 defense points, he would still be able to Special Summon a monster from the Deck. Meaning he would have something to sacrifice to Tribute Summon a Monarch on his next turn.' He writes his conclusion down in his notes.

'And then there is Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive.' He brings the card up on the screen. 'If I attack into it, he'll draw 1 card. If I don't, he'll Flip Summon it, draw 1 card, and sacrifice it for a Monarch. Either outcome would have Jaden come out ahead.'

"But Spy and Dekoichi are both vulnerable to being destroyed by cards like Shield Crush and Nobleman of Crossout." He mutters to himself.

"Wait?!" He looks down the list next to him. "Sand Moth?"

Quickly typing the name into the database he waits a moment for the card's information to appear.

"If I attempt to destroy his face-down monster with a card effect and hit this instead, he'll have a monster with 2,000 attack points!" His eyes widen, but then he blinks. "No..Crossout would still remove it from play, but it's a clever move if he's expecting the opponent to use Shield Crush instead."

'Then there's Asura Priest.' He picks up his own copy of the card and looks it over. 'The one Super Rare card Jaden actually asked about. How does this fit into Monarch's strategy? It cannot be Special Summoned and returns to the hand during the player's End Phase, so it would make a poor sacrifice.'

Tapping his pen again he runs more calculations through his head. "Can attack all monsters the opponent controls once each?"

{They're a respectable 1600 beater that generates field presence whenever they kill something.}

"My Hydrogeddons, of course!" He sits up straight in shock. "They only have 1,600 attack points while Priest has 1,700. One Priest would wipe out all three of my monsters!"

He slumps back into his seat. "And he wants to run Hydrogeddons too." He rubs his chin as he runs more calculations in his head. "Yes, I can see it. Instead of playing Water Dragon, he'll use one Hydrogeddon to Special Summon the other two in his deck, and then he'll have more than enough monsters to sacrifice for a Monarch. Maybe even two or three Monarchs if he played Ultimate Offering!"

"And yesterday he asked about Cyber Dragon." Bastion stares into space. "A Level 5 monster with 2100 attack points that doesn't require a Normal Summon. He could sacrifice it for a Monarch easily. And then there's what he said during Professor Banner's class this morning..."

{With it I can turn Zaborg into Dark Balter the Terrible if I need to negate Normal Spell Cards, or Reaper on the Nightmare if I need a wall.}

"Metamorphosis can turn Cyber Dragon into those cards as well." He notes and then reaches over to pick up the list to look it over one more time. "Each card in his deck seemingly has no relation to each other, yet they all come together to make a cohesive whole. His thought processes are almost like the King of Games himself!"

"Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit?" He tosses the list back onto his desk. 'So many different cards with no unifying theme. It would be impossible to counter them all, but Monarchs have one fatal weakness.'

He picks a card off his desk. A sinister looking tribal mask with the words Sacrifice Sealing written on the forehead in kanji gazes back at him.

"I look forward to our duel, Jaden Yuki."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Achoo!" I quickly cover my nose with my sleeve and sneeze.

"Wow! That was a loud one, Jay." Syrus says from the other side of the table we've pulled away from the wall so we can have a practice duel quietly in our dorm room. "I bet a pretty girl must be talking about you."

"Bah!" I scoff. If a woman is thinking about me, it's probably because she's having a nightmare. "I attack your Patroid with Masked Dragon."

Syrus sends the little police car to the graveyard and subtracts 200 Life Points from the total recorded on the notepad next to us. "Why do you have us doing this on paper instead of using our Duel Disks again?"

"Because doing the math in your head keeps your mind sharp." I reply and set a card face-down in my backrow. "It's fine using the Duel Disk for public duels, but relying on the computer's built-in calculator will make you lazy. Oh, and I set one card face-down. Your turn."

Syrus awkwardly draws one card. It looks like he's not used to caveman dueling on a tabletop. I take a bite out of one of the grilled cheese sandwiches Chumley made for us all while Syrus ponders over his next move.

"Damn, Chumley. You make a mean sandwich." I compliment our rotund roommate who's sitting next to us eating his own sandwich as he watches the game. "You put meat into this?" I ask looking at the toasted pink chunks mixed in with the cheese.

"Uh huh." Chumley nods. "I fried some leftover bologna that was about to spoil. I thought it would give it some extra flavor." He takes a bite of his sandwich.

I smile and wash it down with some tea. "It's delicious!"

"I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your face-down!" Syrus excitedly declares with a fist raised in triumph. And boom goes my Sakuretsu Armor.

"Next I summon Jetroid in Defense Mode and..end my..turn." Syrus excited expression falls and he lowers his hand. "There's nothing else I can do."

"Hey, perk up buddy." I look over the table and smile. "You're doing fine."

"No he isn't." Chumley states bluntly. "He should have saved that Mystical Space Typhoon for when he was ready to attack."

I turn to the overstuffed koala and growl. "I'm trying to cheer the little guy up, you insensitive jerk!"

"He doesn't need cheering up." Chumley bites back. "He needs to get a better deck."

Syrus whimpers and shrinks in his seat. "Don't listen to him, Syrus." I try to reassure him but he just shakes his head.

"No he's right, my deck isn't good enough. I should just quit the Academy and go home." He sniffs as his eyes start to water.

Yeah, his deck is terrible. But I don't want to just say it straight to the little guy's face and make him feel even worse about himself. "Why do you play Roids, Syrus?"

"Huh? I just.." He looks up and dries his eyes on his sleeve. "I thought they looked cute."

I blink at such a simple explanation and smile softly. "That's a fine reason, Sy, and you shouldn't feel bad about it. If you trust your cards, they will trust you back."

Syrus seems to perk up a little as I start to give him what sounds like the typical Heart of the Cards speech.

"But trust in your cards alone can't win a duel. You need to know how to use them effectively." And now he's sad again. Damn it. I'm sorry little buddy but this is for your own good. "Roids have some nice monsters. Steamroid is a powerful attacker, but it's weak on the defense. Drillroid can smash through any wall. Gyroid can block in a pinch."

I reach over and tap Syrus's face-up monster. "And Jetroid here can let you use Trap Cards from your hand where they're safe from cards that wipe the backrow like Heavy Storm, but I'd have to attack it first in order for it to do that. And knowing that doing so means any card in your hand becomes a potential Trap, am I going to attack it?"

"N..no." Syrus frowns and looks down.

"No, I'm not. I'm sorry, Syrus." I move my monster to the graveyard. "I sacrifice Masked Dragon to Tribute Summon Zaborg the Thunder Monarch. His effect destroys Jetroid."

Syrus looks heartbroken as he moves Jetroid to the graveyard.

"And I attack you directly for 2400 damage." I sigh as Syrus writes the total down. "You're still in the game, buddy!" I smile and give him a thumbs up.

"Barely." Syrus whimpers as he looks at his remaining 100 Life Points to my 1900. He draws his next card and for a moment his face lights up, but then his bottom lip trembles as he looks over his hand. "I summon Gyroid in Defense Mode and end my turn."

"Word of advice, Sy." I draw. "I know they let you Normal Summon in face-up Defense Mode because it makes for a more exciting game when spectators can see your monsters, but Setting your monsters face-down lets you use their effects like Trap Cards even if they're not Flip Effect monsters."

"What do you mean?" He looks up.

"Well if you had Set Gyroid, I wouldn't be able to do this." I say and drop Fissure onto the field.

Syrus looks at the card and nods sadly knowing what it means. He lays his hand on the table and folds.

"If Gyroid was face-down, I'd have been unable to use Fissure and would have to attack into it instead, and Gyroid wouldn't be destroyed in battle due to its effect." I explain. Then my eyes glance down to see the remaining cards Syrus had in his hand, and I have to hold myself back from putting my fist through a wall.

Damn you, Zane Truesdale!

Syrus wordlessly scoots his seat back and starts to clean up the table.

"Sy" I stop him and look him dead in the eye. "You would have won had you played that Power Bond."

"I know." Syrus gives a hollow reply and turns away.

In Syrus's hand he had drawn Gyroid, Steamroid, and his Big Brother's famous Fusion card that doubles the monster's Attack Points. He could have hit my Zaborg with a whopping 4400 attack power Steam Gyroid. But because Zane is an asshole, his little brother was too traumatized to play it!

Shit. How the fuck am I going to fix this? I'm not qualified to be a therapist!

"Hey Alexis." Jasmine knocks on her friends bedroom door. "Want to chill out in the Obelisk wading pool?" She pauses as she sees Alexis grabbing a pair of binoculars, a flashlight, and her Duel Academy PDA off of her desk. "Where are you going?"

"Wha-" Alexis looks up like a deer caught in headlights. "Oh, hey Jasmine. I'm going to catch the guy who wrote that letter, obviously." She says as she straps the binoculars around her neck.

Jasmine steps into the room. "You're still going on about that? It's clearly a fake. Jaden probably wrote it himself just to get close to you."

"Yes, I can see it's clearly fake." Alexis shakes her head. "But Jaden doesn't need something like that just to have an excuse to talk to me. He's not that kind of a guy."

"How do you know?" Her friend folds her arms. "Like you said you just met him."

"I just do." Alexis states flatly.

"Whatever." Jasmine shrugs and then grabs onto Alexis' arm and gives it a gentle tug. "Come on, you're getting too stressed out over this. Let's go hit the pool!"

"Isn't it a little late for that?" Alexis glances at the clock and sees it's past 11 o'clock. "The water's probably going to be cold."

"Uh, hello!" Jasmine replies and softly bops her friend on the head. "Earth to Alexis. We're in Obelisk Blue, the most luxurious boarding school dorm on the planet! The wading pool is connected to a hot spring!"

Alexis gives it some thought but then shakes her head again. "I can't just let this go Jasmine. We should at least check the grounds."

"Ugh." She groans and throws her hands up in defeat. "Fine, but you're not doing this alone. Let's go grab Mindy."

Alexis smiles and gives her friend a hug. "Thanks, Jasmine."

"I can't believe you two got me to agree to this." Mindy whines as the girls sneak out the side door. Alexis takes point as Jasmine softly closes the door behind them while trying hard not to make any noise.

"Will you be quiet!" Alexis whispers over he shoulder. "You'll wake Miss Fontaine and I already got in trouble for being caught out of bed once this week!"

"Oh I'm already awake, girls."

"AAAAHHHH!" All three girls shriek as their Dorm's headmistress appears standing right behind them and looking very cross. "Now what are the three of you doing out of bed?" Fonda Fontaine folds her arms and taps her foot while she waits for their excuse.

"M-m-iss Fontaine! We were just. Uum-" Jasmine and Mindy stumble over each other.

"We thought we heard someone out here." Alexis composes herself and states calmly.

Miss Fontaine raises a curious eyebrow and looks at her student. "Well you should have come to me first then. I'm the one responsible for your safety." She says and makes a give-it-here gesture with her hand.

"Thank you, Miss Fontaine." Alexis sighs in relief and hands over her flashlight.

Their teacher smiles as she flicks the light on. "I told you to call me Fonda, dear. Now we'll take a quick look around, and then I want all of you to return to bed." She then takes the lead and starts down the porch steps.

"Yes, Miss Fonda." All three girls reply in unison as they fall in step behind their teacher.

Fonda Fontaine continues her smile while her eyebrow twitches in annoyance. 'Calling me Miss all the time makes it sound like I'm an old spinster. Just because I'm unmarried in my 30s doesn't mean I can't find a man.'

She pauses in her lamenting over her marital status, or rather the lack of one, as something out of place immediately catches her eye. "What's this boat doing here?" She points the flashlight to reveal a small boat docked a few feet away from them.

"You mean there really is someone out here?!" Mindy cries panic and huddles closer to Jasmine who holds on to her terrified friend.

"Stay close to me, girls!" Fonda orders and sweeps the surrounding area with the flashlight. 'Nothing in the bushes. Nothing in the shadows. Could the boat belong to one of my students?'

"Miss Fonda, the gate to the pool is open!" Alexis points out and her teacher brings the light around and sees the iron gate to the wading pool is ajar.

Fonda Fontaine moves to investigate and the flashlight reflects off of a piece of metal on the ground. She leans down for a closer look and finds the gate's padlock and chain laying broken. 'This wasn't opened with a key, the chain was cut with a pair of bolt-cutters!'

"Girls, call security!" She quickly stands up and starts backing away while keeping a careful eye on the shadows for any sign of movement. Alexis wordlessly grabs her PDA and quickly starts dialing while she and her two friends follow their teacher back inside.

28. PaperRagMan

PaperRagMan Getting some practice in, huh?

Security is the MVP in this story. The True OP protags. If there's something strange, in the neighbourhood. Who do you call? SECURITY!

icreddragon, St3f, Phorbeus and 10 others like this.
  29. nasuren

nasuren Stopping to smell the coffee

I suspect that if Crowler gets caught? It's not security that needs to be called.

Rather.... POLICE!
    I'm just going to leave this out here....

St3f, Phorbeus, ThatGuyMike and 2 others like this.
  30. Jack Bros

Jack Bros Getting sticky.

if or more likely when he duels zane I hope he wins since zane is shown to be some kind of unstoppable god at dueling compared to everyone else but his style is really basic most of time just going for an otk with cyber end dragon.

St3f likes this.