1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome back to QQ. The search function will be unavailable for some hours until the index has been rebuilt.
    Dismiss Notice

The King has Left the Building (Yu-gi-oh! GX SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by PrinceJonathan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Anon-Echo98

Anon-Echo98 Purveyor of tales and lewds

Mmm, and won't it be oh-so sweet when that Power Bonded Cyber End Dragon runs into a neat lil' tiddy called Magic Cylinder?

But oooooh, m'boy Bastion startin' to piece things together~.... too bad he didn't account for backrow removal.

Also, whooo boy, Mr. Crowler's gonna have some explaining to do....

2. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Zane isn't dumb enough to risk going into a Power Bonded Cyber End Dragon if the opponent has a face-down. That's the same mistake he chewed his little brother out for years ago back in grade school.

I also read that as "neat lil' tiddy Magic" and laughed my ass off.

Sneak Peek:
    "You think I don't know my own deck's weaknesses?! I activate my face-down, Dust Tornado!"

That's going to be a pain-in-the-ass and a half to write, but I hope I can do him justice and not stray too much farther into character bashing territory than I already have.

Then again can you really call it character bashing when in episode 5 Crowler is shown loitering outside Jaden's bedroom window in the middle of the night for no reason other than to spy on Jaden? Seriously, what the fuck?!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    St3f, ShizaRiku, Phorbeus and 5 others like this.
  3. Anon-Echo98

Anon-Echo98 Purveyor of tales and lewds

Mmm, true, but then again, literally anything that stops battle damage would F up power bond. Like... even the OG Kuriboh would do it.

I mean... this setting does have blood magic -see: Millennium items, Earthbound immortals, etc, etc- so..... y'know, it's on the table.

Hah, classy.

Oh yeah, no, that's some difficult stuff, especially since we do know that Crowler can be an actually good teacher when he actually tries to.

Phorbeus likes this.
  4. Project Eden

Project Eden Enthusiastic Seeker of Culture

Yes, the power of Fourth Wall combined with little logic and common sense truly is a superpower on its own.
    As for the deck archetypes, who cares about it? All it needs is CHEESE CARDS! Let your enemies' SALT flow! Bask in the glory of your cheese cards and hear the lamentation of your foes as they get REKT. Reducing Children's Card Games into mere numbers and statics might be a heartless thing to do but it works! Just stuff your deck with cards that gives the most values and you'll be ahead of 90% of competition.

Jaden needs to spam his deck with Magic Cylinder. It's just pretty much point and shoot.

5. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am the Fork of my Fondue
    Curds is my body and Whey is my blood.
    I have trolled over 9000 Duelists,
    Unaware of Rhyme,
    Nor aware of Reason.
    Withstood the Light to create Darkness, Waiting for one's Arrival
    I have no Regrets. This is the only Path--
    UNLIMITED CHEESE WORKS!

St3f, Phorbeus, ThatGuyMike and 2 others like this.
  6. ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike That One Guy

Bastion once again showing his stuff, was a good read overall. Though It feels like Alexis is focusing this a bit much, whether because its the whole being in Jaden's body thing or because she genuinely sees something in the MC will be interesting to find out.

Phorbeus likes this.
  7. St3f

St3f Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Wonderfull fic, cant wait for update :)

Vequest likes this.