1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Girl of the Sea - One Shot [Jumpchain]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by RichardWhereat, Jan 24, 2020.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Profess- No. Jules.

Jules was right.

He knew in that moment that Jules was right. He had known before that Jules was right. He could die any number of ways, at any moment, never seeing his death until the last moment. Never understanding the full impact of his death.

His death might not have had an impact in any other way. He might die of an aneurysm over a coffee on his break, break his neck falling from a height, or even be shot in a gang fight. His death could have been meaningless.

His death might not have been meaningless. He could die at the age of 78 on the operating table under a new surgeon and help them come to terms with loss. But whatever death he eventually might have had. It was not this death.

Calmly, he stood and waited. He no longer hoped to live. He had seen how he would die, and knew that even if he had not seen what he would do that would lead to his death, he would have stepped forward and done it anyway. That's the type of man he wanted to be.

But knowing you were going to die, being happy, and at peace with how you were going to die were two things. Knowing exactly when you were going to die, actually being in the moment, this was different.

He was not prepared for when the bike ran off the sidewalk, and in front of the bus.

In shock he moved, grabbing the young boy and pushing him out of the way.

He hadn't even thought about it in the moment.

He died.

He died as the man he always hoped he could one day be.
    The little girl of the sea.

"Hello Harold."

"Ms. Eiffel!"

"I'm so sorry, I wanted to keep you alive. You're exactly the type of man I wanted to keep alive. But then, I thought, 'He deserves more'. Instead, I'm going to send you on to what's called a Jumpchain."

Harold Crick was confused.

"I'm confused, what's a Jumpchain?"

Karen Eiffel smiled "Sit down, let me explain a few things to you.."

---
    Yeah, boring and small. But I just watched Stranger than Fiction and wanted to write this.​