1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Epsilon, May 14, 2016.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: 1. The Catnapper
    Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    《~》

    It is hot.

    The air is heavy with the cloying sweetness of magnolia, and the incessant cacophony of a thousand cicadas resound in your ears.

    You lounge lazily beneath the shade of a massive banyan tree- one so large that it almost blots out the sky above. A scant few rays of sunlight breaks through the canopy, letting you see the uncountable, thread-like roots hanging down from thick branches.

    A black and white tabby cat mewls from one such branch, looking at you with a hint of pleading in its gaze. It's stuck atop the gnarled old tree, not knowing how to come back down.

    However, you ignore the kitty and think on a more interesting conundrum. Aren't roots supposed to grow beneath the ground? That was not the case with this absurdly large tree, which had roots hanging from its stem. You suppose that's just another question you'll have to ask your-

    [ ] Father

    [ ] Mother


    [ ] Big Sister

    [ ] Big Brother

    Yeah. They'll know the answer, won't they?

    You stop trying to count the thin roots swaying in the wind and close your eyes. The weather is hot, but pleasant nonetheless- enough to lull you into that hazy state between wakefulness and sleep. The heat is something familiar; something you've always known.

    Something in your blood.

    You are an Uchiha, a scion of one of the oldest ninja clans to ever roam the lands great and small. Your ancestors stole fire from the gods and learned to breathe it from their lungs, burning all those who stood in their way to achieve victory. Every Uchiha has fire running in their veins- and so do you.

    You're not a glorious warlord like the Uchiha of the old though. Not even a ninja.

    Not yet.

    You're just a sleepy four year old boy, who spends his days sleeping and playing. You dream of glory and power, but you've never even thrown a punch in your admittedly short life. You dream of exploring the world beyond the walls, of rescuing pretty princesses from the clutches of evil Iwa-nin; but you won't even bother trying to rescue a cat from a tree in reality.

    The cat mewls yet gain. It is a pitiful sound, one designed to tug at the heartstrings of all those who hear it.

    Your eyes snap open.

    Will you take that step today? Will you begin your journey on the path to eternal glory?

    Will you rescue the cat?

    [ ] Yes
    -[ ] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    -[ ] Find an adult, who can save the cat with ease.

    [ ] No
    -[ ] You really don't wanna get up from napping right now.
    -[ ] Eh, the cat can just jump down on its own when it mans up. Right?






    You're a four year old boy, born into the Uchiha clan of Konoha.

    What's your name?

    [ ] Shin


    [ ] Kyouya

    [ ] Hibiki


    [ ] Write in. Try to keep it japanese and male. Write in is also subject to veto.

    Welcome, young Uchiha. Try not to die too quickly~
     
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. Threadmarks: Character Information
    Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781


    The Little Uchiha


    [​IMG]


    《Character Information》​

    Uchiha Hibiki
    Catnapper, Uchiha Prodigy
    Male, 4 years old

    • A four year old boy from the Uchiha clan of Konoha. Hibiki dreams of being a great ninja, to forever immortalise the Uchiha name in the pages of history.

      《The Catnapper》
      Uchiha Hibiki
      [​IMG]
    • 《Generic Skills》

      ●Tree Climbing - You can scramble up trees great and small.

      Persuasion [Unlocked!] - Worthless (4/50)
      You're a cute kid. You can sometimes convince adults to do your bidding with but a glance of your wide, glittering eyes. [At current rank, +5 to Persuation rolls]

    • 《Weaponry Skills》

      ●Kunai Throwing - Worthless (36/50).

      You can throw the metal daggers better than a runt like you should be able to.

    • 《Body Skills》

      ● Running - Worthless (36/50). You can now run half a mile without collapsing like a total incompetent. Good for you!

      ● Taijutsu - Novice (35/100). Watching a pint sized kid like you putting a slight dent on the bark of a tree is fairly unsettling. For some bizzare reason, this makes your clan head all the more prouder.

      ~ Sekkendou - Way of the Intercepting Fist.
      The collective name given to the Uchiha's varied array of...misappropriated fighting styles. The Intercepting Fist allows you to counter a specific taijutsu style once you learn it.
      Standard Leaf Style
    • 《Chakra Skills》

      ●Chakra Reserves - Small (Growing). You are a child, and your chakra reserves reflect that. Still, it will only grow with time and effort; neither of which you particularly lack.
      Miniscule
      Small
      Noticeable
      Medium
      Noteworthy
      Large
      Exceptional
      Massive
      Monstrous
      Tailless Tailed Beast

      ● Chakra Control - Trainee (31/250). Your talent in control is nothing short of incredible. You have an innate understanding of chakra; you understand how it is to be manipulated, shaped and mastered. Most ninja acquire this capability at over twice your age, but then, you've always been an exception to the norm.

      ● Ninjutsu - Worthless (28/50). A broad term that covers many branches of the ninja arts. You think you're capable of learning the most basic of jutsus by now. Got a while yet till you start breathing fire though.
      ◆ Campfire Technique [D] - A basic jutsu most Konoha ninja eventually learn. The Campfire Technique allows you to generate a momentary spark of flame, that'd allow you to get a campfire going. The Uchiha clan use this as a way of easing their children into learning Katon ninjutsu.

      ● Genjutsu - Worthless (1/50). The illusory arts. Your knowledge of genjutsu is bare-bones at this point; you haven't put in any actual effort to learn it.
      ◆ Prey Observation Jutsu - [Incomplete]

    • 《Kekkei Genkai》

      Sharingan - The fabled bloodline of the Uchiha clan. At present stage, it allows a more acute vision and chakra perception. You can remember whatever you see with your sharingan; it is a powerful learning tool as well. [Bonus exp]

      ◆Current level: Immature (Single Tomoe)


      [​IMG]

    • 《Traits》

      Into the fray - If there's something to be done, you'll do it yourself instead of waiting around for others. Affects your choices.

      Adorable Child - You are a cute little kid. Better milk that while it lasts! +10 to situations where you persuade someone.

      Uchiha Prodigy - Your growth as a ninja is terrifying. As a talented child of a clan of powerful ninja, you are expected to do great things. People, both good and bad, have their eye on you. +15 to any skill check; increased infamy, negative bonus to making friends your age.

      Guiding the River - You possess an innate talent at controlling your chakra. Some aspects of the ninja arts come easier to you now.

      ◆Capable of studying Medical Ninjutsu.
      ◆ +10 to any control check.
      ◆ For every five exp spent in Genjutsu or Medical Ninjutsu, you gain one extra exp in that area.

      ??? (1/2) - In progress
     
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    Combat System:

    Combat will be done by d100s. Skills have tiers, like:
    • Dreadful - The level of a civillian.
    • Worthless - A beginning academy student
    • Novice - Older student
    • Trainee - Newbie genin
    • Average - Genin; newbie chunin
    • Above Average - Chunin
    • Competent - Experienced chunin; newly promoted tokubetsu jounin
    • Skilled - Tokubetsu jounin; newly promoted jounin
    • Expert - The average, experienced jounin
    • Veteran - Jounin elite; kage
    • Master - Kage
    • Grandmaster - ?
    • Mythical - ???
    The number of dice will depend on tier. There will be automatic failure in combat if someone is four tiers above you. Traits are earned over time and will offer bonuses.
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. Pipeman

    Pipeman Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    5,879
    Likes Received:
    6,174
    [X] Big Sister
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    [X] Shin

    And if we hurt ourselves, we can have big sister patch us up.
    Clearly this plan is foolproof.
     
  5. Xicree

    Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2013
    Messages:
    20,178
    Likes Received:
    30,936
    [X] Big Brother
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    [X] Hibiki
     
  6. Lon

    Lon Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2014
    Messages:
    4,964
    Likes Received:
    8,551
    [X] Big Sister
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    [X] Soujiro
     
  7. Derek58

    Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    12,374
    Likes Received:
    34,348
    [X] Big Brother
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    [X] Hibiki
     
  8. Leekz01

    Leekz01 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2016
    Messages:
    3,054
    Likes Received:
    4,374
    [X] Big Sister
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own
    [X] Shin
    [​IMG]
     
    Epsilon likes this.
  9. Nix's Warden

    Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2015
    Messages:
    4,745
    Likes Received:
    11,902
    [X] Big Brother
    [X] Yes
    -[X] Climb the tree yourself. You really want to do this on your own.
    [X] Hibiki
     
  10. Threadmarks: 2. Climbing Trees
    Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    You observe the bark of the great tree.

    It is rough and gnarled, enough to hold your feet in place. The tree is quite high, however.

    The cat takes that moment to mewl yet again, and your mind is set. You are Uchiha Hibiki, and you will not back down from this perilous task.

    Slipping off your sandals, you put your hands on the rough bark- trying to get a feel for its resistance. Your legs slip around the trunk as much as they can, and you begin to climb.

    Every child of Konoha knows how to climb trees, how to move through the brush and thick forestry. There are giant trees everywhere, reaching out to the skies- the living proof that the Shodaime once walked these very lands.

    Your fingers almost feel numb by the time you make it to the top.

    The cat cocks its head and looks at you. Up closer, it looks even smaller and younger, easily able to fit in the crook of your elbow.

    "Hey there princess. I'm here to save you," you declare dramatically.

    The cat jumps on to your face. You sputter and shift it to a more comfortable position on your neck, and then begin the long journey down.

    Your knees scrape against the bark and your palms ache. You would've complained, but ninja often get hurt while completing their missions. You'll take the pain like a man.

    The last few feet give you no trouble, as you jump down.

    "Mission accomplished," you say while striking a cool pose. The cat nuzzles your cheek.

    You would've gone back to cat-napping beneath the tree once more, but you hear someone roar out your name.

    "Hibiki! You brat!"

    [​IMG]

    Something drops down from the sky, landing wirh a heavy thump in front of you. The cat hisses and buries its claws into the back of your shirt.

    Your assailant grabs you by the neck and furiously rubs her knuckles onto your scalp.

    "Ow! Nee-chan, stop it!"

    Your big sister, for that's who your assailant is, sighs and lets you go. She kneels down, and then pokes around your knee.

    "Ow!" you yelp again.

    The pale skin around your knees is scrubbed raw from rubbing against the rough bark of the tree.

    "Your legs are so red that I could see them from that rooftop," your sister says while pointing to a building far to the south. Nee-chan's eyes must be very good to see you from that far. Your big sister is awesome and the best at everything, of course.

    "Shut up, Hibiki," she says, cheeks slightly red. The heat must be getting to her.

    Your nee-chan brings out a roll of gauze and a small bottle of disinfectant from the pouch on her hip, and starts picking out stray splinters from your skin. It stings when she rubs in the liquid, but you take the pain like a man.

    ...okay, maybe one or two whimpers came out.

    "There, all better," your sister says after wrapping your leg in gauze. "Now tell me, why were you climbing a tree?"

    You blink for a moment and then reach behind to pry the black and white tabby-cat from your back. It nuzzles your hand, and tries to bury itself back into your shirt.

    "I was saving this cat from the tree!" you declare proudly, chest puffed up in pride. The cat mewls in agreement, probably saying how brave and dashing you were.

    Your sister has a strange look on her face as she watches you and the little cat in your arms. She reaches out with her hand..

    And then squeezes your cheek while giggling madly. Nee-chan is usually gruff and tuff, but often she starts squealing and giggling for no reason at all! If anyone else had pinched your cheeks and pulled on them you'd have tried to claw their eyes out; but since it's your nee-chan, you don't mind.

    It's almost time for lunch, which was why your sister had come to fetch you. Your house is not too far away from here, but you still don't feel like walking.

    "Nee-chan, will you give me a piggyback? Pwease?"





    "You're lucky you're so cute," your sister grumbles while you ride on her back.


    Your parents aren't at home, both being out on border patrol. Your sister whips you up riceballs and fish in a few minutes, and then the two of you eat.

    After lunch, your sister asks you what you want to do.


    [ ]Let's go out and get some dango for dessert!

    [ ] I wanna watch you train, nee-chan!

    [ ] Let's go to the park.





    Your big sister is a student at the Ninja Academy. What's her name?

    [ ]Mio

    [ ] Hikari

    [ ] Write in
     
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  11. Derek58

    Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2015
    Messages:
    12,374
    Likes Received:
    34,348
    [X] I wanna watch you train, nee-chan!
    [X] Hikari
     
  12. Leekz01

    Leekz01 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2016
    Messages:
    3,054
    Likes Received:
    4,374
    [X] I wanna watch you train, nee-chan!
    [X] Hikari
     
  13. Lon

    Lon Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2014
    Messages:
    4,964
    Likes Received:
    8,551
    [X] Let's go out and get some dango for dessert!
    [X] Ayano

    Suzuka
    Misaki
    Kaguya
     
  14. Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    Guess I'll close it.
    [ ] I wanna watch you train, nee-chan!
    [ ] Hikari
    Epsilon rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 80
    For: Throwing
    Rolled on: May-15-2016, 01:37pm
    80
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  15. Threadmarks: 3. Beginner's Luck?
    Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    "I wanna watch you train, nee-chan!"

    Your sister hmms and hums, as if slowly considering the decision. One look at your bright eyes however, and she caves in.

    "Fine. You'll stay at the corners though, so that you don't get hit by a stray kunai, okay?"

    "Okay! Hikari nee-chan's the best!" you happily say while hugging her waist. She grumbles, but you don't miss the small smile on her face. Her cheeks are slightly red again though; nee-chan really can't handle the heat it seems.

    The Uchiha are one of the four noble clans of Konoha, and as such, have access to numerous facilities. There are three private training grounds owned by the clan, and are accessible at all hours for any Uchiha who wishes to train.

    It's a short walk from your house, just beyond the Military Police Headquarters. The grounds are fenced off by barbed wire, and always have a guard at the entrance.

    The guard today is a lazy looking chunin from the military police, a distant cousin who seems vaguely familiar. Perhaps you've met before, or it's just that he has the looks of a generic Uchiha teen. He sees your sister, and writes something down on a clipboard.

    "Hey there Hikari. The ground's completely free today. Have fun!"

    "Thanks Kou," your sister replies with a grin.

    The guard, Kou turns and squints at you. "Who's the runt?"

    Hikari laughs and ruffles your hair, while you glare at Kou. You do not deign him with a response, however. You're not a runt, and you know it.

    "He's my cute little brother," Hikari says after a moment. "Wanted to watch me train, so here we are."

    "Alright, be careful."

    Kou waves the two of you inside, and then returns to his guarding post.

    Your sister begins by doing a series of stretches and generic warm up exercises.

    Then she starts punching the wind.

    "Nee-chan, who're you fighting with?" you ask curiously.

    Your sister stumbles midway through a flying kick, and lands awkwardly. She looks at you with a strange glint in her eye.

    "I'm fighting with my...invisible friend."

    "Oh. Okay."

    You sit cross-legged on the ground and watch your sister train. She punches and kicks her invisible opponent with brutal ferocity. Hikari was beating the snot outta them, you think.

    Maybe that's why her friend remained invisible. Otherwise they'd look like one big bruise!

    Nodding to yourself sagely, you continue to watch. The fight ends sometime later, and Hikari tells you that her invisible friend went home. Okay, cool.





    After that, your sister brings out the bulk of the contents of her weapon-pouch, which turns out to be about a dozen kunai.

    There are target boards strung up in numerous trees nearby, one just behind you. Quickly, you scoot away to a safer place to watch.

    Taking a deep breath, Hikari starts throwing. She throws her kunai one after another with both arms, taking no breaks in between. Within seconds, twelve boards had a kunai stuck in them.

    You clap.

    "That was awesome, Nee-chan!"

    Hikari looks happy at the praise, but still seems unsatisfied. "Not all of them are bulls-eyes, Hibiki."

    You take a closer look at the targets. Seven of the twelve boards had kunai stuck at the very centre, while the others had varying degrees of accuracy. Still, it was an impressive feat to be able to hit the targets at all- you doubt you could hit a single one.

    Maybe you should try your hand at throwing and see how good you are?

    "Hikari-nee?" you ask while your sister collects her thrown projectiles.

    "Hm? What is it, Hibiki?"

    "...can I throw some kunai too?"

    She turns to look at you with a raised eyebrow, and then gives you a shrug.

    "Well, since you'd be learning this soon anyway, guess it can't hurt."

    Hikari shows you the proper wrist movements for throwing kunai and you watch intently, burning the knowledge in your mind.

    You grip the handle of the weapons firmly and slip into a haze of concentration.

    And then...

    You throw.

    Roll: 80


    You throw them one after another like your sister did, never pausing in between each flick of your wrists. Thud after thud resounds through the training ground, till your hands are empty of kunai.

    Only then, do you stop and breathe. Your shoulders burn due to the sudden strain you put them through, but the pain does not matter; the results do. Your sister whistles, clearly impressed.

    You had thrown at ten targets.

    Eight of them have kunai embedded within, while the other two are stuck in barks of the trees used to hang up the targets.

    "Eight out of ten," your sister says in disbelief. "That's pretty damn cool- is that a bulls eye!?"

    Yeah. When you'll grow up, you'll be a heroic ninja who rescues princesses after all.

    And heroes are always pretty damn cool.

    Hn.






    You make your way out of the training ground.

    Your sister had shooed you out while she continued her training, giving you free leave to do whatever. Perhaps you could go play in the park or maybe pig out on some well deserved dango?

    You squint at the sky. From the waning yellow light of the afternoon, you guess there's about an hour or two till it starts to get dark.

    What do you do?

    [ ] Go play in the park!

    [ ] Get yourself some well deserved dango!

    [ ] Explore Konoha! Hopefully you won't get lost...

    [ ] Go back home; you're feeling a bit tired.





    You've learnt the skill Kunai Throwing.

    《Kunai Throwing - Worthless (0/50)》

    Trait Progressing - Prodigy 1/3
     
  16. OverReactionGuy

    OverReactionGuy Verified Sanity

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2014
    Messages:
    16,287
    Likes Received:
    64,783
    [X] Get yourself some well deserved dango!
     
  17. Leekz01

    Leekz01 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2016
    Messages:
    3,054
    Likes Received:
    4,374
    [X] Explore Konoha! Hopefully you won't get lost...
     
  18. Pipeman

    Pipeman Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    5,879
    Likes Received:
    6,174
    [X] Explore Konoha! Hopefully you won't get lost...
     
  19. Smyter

    Smyter Versed in the lewd.

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,079
    Likes Received:
    367
    [X] Get yourself some well deserved dango!
     
  20. Lon

    Lon Experienced.

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2014
    Messages:
    4,964
    Likes Received:
    8,551
    [X] Get yourself some well deserved dango!
     
  21. Nix's Warden

    Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2015
    Messages:
    4,745
    Likes Received:
    11,902
    [X] Get yourself some well deserved dango!
     
  22. DOOMPOTATO

    DOOMPOTATO Not too sore, are you?

    Joined:
    May 7, 2014
    Messages:
    374
    Likes Received:
    245
    [X] Explore Konoha! Hopefully you won't get lost...
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  23. OverReactionGuy

    OverReactionGuy Verified Sanity

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2014
    Messages:
    16,287
    Likes Received:
    64,783
    You forgot to add the X to the inside of the bracket.
     
  24. Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    Voting closed.

    [X] Get yourself some well deserved dango!

    Can someone roll me a 1d100?
     
  25. Leekz01

    Leekz01 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2016
    Messages:
    3,054
    Likes Received:
    4,374
    Rolling...
    Leekz01 rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 4
    Rolled on: May-16-2016, 04:57am
    4
     
    Epsilon likes this.
  26. Threadmarks: 4. Promises
    Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    ...You decide to get yourself some dango.

    There's a dango shop not too far away from the training grounds. Putting your hands in your pockets, you stroll towards your destination. You would've whistled a jaunty tune, but you don't think the streets have the right mood for it.

    Everywhere you look, you can find people depressed or melancholic.

    The Third Ninja War is going on, after all.

    Konoha is a beautiful place, but for as long as you can remember, it has always been a never-ending funeral. You've lost aunts, uncles and cousins to the war, more than the number of fingers and toes you have. Your parents are out there fighting for the village, but you can't help but worry that they won't come back.

    Those who die in the war are heroes, right?

    But you don't really want anyone to become a hero that way. You want your parents to come home safely; they're already great heroes in your eyes.

    Shaking the depressing thoughts from your head, you continue on your way. You gaze at the pale yellow sky, watching it slowly darken with clouds. Will it rain?

    Something else catches your attention as you look up. Far in the north a massive monument reaches up towards the sky and marks the horizon; carved out from a natural rock formation with intricate precision. It is something every child of Konoha gaze at with awe at least once in their lives.

    The Hokage Mountain.

    The faces of the greatest sons of the Land of Fire stare down at you with judging eyes.

    What will you do, Uchiha Hibiki? When the time comes, what will you choose?

    Will you willingly die for the village, sacrificing yourself for the happiness of others? Will you die for your loved ones, your family? Or will you survive, living to fight another day?

    Choose wisely. This will affect your choices leading up to the Uchiha rebellion.
    [ ] Konoha. If it's truly needed, I'll die for the village. I was born a son of Konoha, and I will bravely die for it when the time comes.

    [ ] Family. I will never hesitate to sacrifice myself for the happiness of my family. My family is the most important thing to me, you see.

    [ ] I don't wanna die. I'll find another way to save the day.

    [ ] Write in?

    The dango shop comes into view and you snap out of your reverie. You've been having strange thoughts all day...




    Roll: 4

    You see someone familiar in the dango shop.

    "Hey! Obito nii-san!"

    [​IMG]

    Obito was furiously munching away at some dango, when you sidled up to the seat beside him. He really looked kinda constipated today, you thought.

    "HUH! What did you say, you little brat?" Obito roared.

    Oh. You must've said that out loud...

    Obito's arm snapped out like a whip and grabbed your cheeks- and then he started pulling.

    "Aaow! I'm sauwwy!"

    Dammit. Why do they always go for the cheek?

    Obito let you go and gave you a grin. "So how've you been, Hibiki?"

    "Pretty good..."

    He orders another plate of dango for you. Obito is your favourite cousin, the sort that's like a cool big brother figure. He's the type to sneak behind your parents and slip you a cone of ice cream- that type of cool.

    "My day hasn't gone too well though," Obito moaned. "That fu- er, jerk Kakashi made it to jounin and rubbed it in my face!"

    You nod sagely, and munch on your dango. Most of the Uchiha children know of That Jerk Kakashi, Obito nii-san's arch nemesis and teammate.

    "And Rin-chan is now even more enamored with him! So unfair..."

    You know Rin too! She's the girl hypnotised by That Jerk Kakashi. Obito wants to rescue her someday.

    "And that jerk also wants me to bring him a gift! Pfft, as if making jounin is anything special," Obito grumbles.

    "Hn. You shouldn't take a gift for your arch-nemesis, Nii-san. And I'm sure you'll rescue Rin from That Jerk Kakashi's evil plans someday.'

    Obito looks
    at you for a moment and then laughs.
    "Sure. You're a smart little kid aren't you, Hibiki?"

    Of course. No doubt about it.





    Obito insists on walking you home since it's getting dark.

    "I met Lady Mikoto and little Itachi at the dango shop today before you arrived," Obito says while the two of you move through the slowly emptying streets.

    Uchiha Mikoto is the clan head's wife, and a really pretty and nice lady. Her son, Itachi is the heir to the clan, the next head of the Uchiha. A quiet boy, but unfailingly polite and kind all the times you've met him.

    "Mikoto-sama's really getting large! The baby must be coming sometime soon."

    Oh yeah, she's having a baby, right?

    "Obito nii-san, how are babies made? Where do they come from?"

    Your cousin stops in his tracks.

    "Err..." Obito looks nervous. "I think..."

    He is saved from answering as a guy in a military police uniform stops the two of you.

    Uncle Yashiro.

    "Heard you got an important mission tomorrow, Obito?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

    "Yeah," Obito replies uneasily. You really don't like how uncle Yashiro is looking down at your favourite cousin.

    "Perks of being the Yellow Flash's student, hm? Don't fuck it up, kid."

    Obito's knuckles whiten as he clenches his fist.

    "I won't."

    The two of you continue on your way, but Yashiro calls back.

    "Hey Obito, how are your eyes?"

    "They're fine. The goggles you gave me really help in keeping the dust out, thanks!"

    "That's not what I meant!"

    Obito pretends not to hear.




    "Nii-san?" you ask quietly.

    "Hm? What is it?" Obito replies, his tone much more solemn than usual. His eyes are slightly red and puffy.

    His dust allergy must be acting up again.

    Obito nii-san is too awesome to cry after all.

    "Why is the sharingan so important to our clan?" you finally ask.

    "The sharingan, huh..."

    Because that's the reason they look down on Obito, isn't it? Obito nii-san is a great person and an awesome ninja, who's always trying his very best. Every morning and every night on his off days, Obito trains in the training grounds, working hard to become a better ninja. He's a chunin. But it's not enough, as he does not have the eyes of the Uchiha.

    Not even a single tomoe.

    "The sharingan...makes us better ninja, I think?" he finally says. "It can copy any jutsu it sees. It can see through genjutsu. It can see chakra, and things moving fast in slow motion..."

    He turns to you with a sad smile. "The sharingan is the mark of a true Uchiha. It's what makes us great."

    "I see."

    Obito continues however, pouring his thoughts into words.

    "But...how many Uchiha have you seen who are truly great?" he asks you.

    "Huh?"

    "We're all good ninja, but nothing great. Since the time of Madara, how many Uchiha have you heard of who are truly exceptional? Great ninjas, whose names are found on every page of a history book, whose faces are carved on a mountain?"

    You stay silent, but you already know the answer.

    "None," Obito softly says. "None at all."

    He looks at the grand structure in the distance; at the heads of the three Hokage.

    "That's my dream, Hibiki. I want to become the Hokage; something which will make people remember the Uchiha name forever- sharingan or not."

    "I think you can do it, nii-san," you say with a smile. "You're the best ninja I know."

    Obito grins, his mood much better. You're in front of the gates of your house now.

    Your cousin kneels down. "Then let's make a promise, Hibiki," he says with a brilliant smile on his face. "We'll make the Uchiha great, or die trying, okay?"

    He holds out his pinky, and you seal the deal by meeting his finger with your own.





    You gain 2 EXP to spend for the next week. Choose any two (or you can pick one option twice if you want.)
    ~I'll also count this part by Plan, not individually.

    [ ] Kunai Throwing - Worthless (0/50)

    [ ] Taijutsu - Dreadful (0/10)

    [ ] Running - Dreadful (0/10)

    [ ] Chakra Control - Dreadful (0/10)





    *For each EXP, there will be a 1d10 roll, and the result will be added to your skill.

    *Dreadful (0/10) basically means you don't know this skill : P

    There was an alternate encounter planned for this chapter. Had the roll been a success, you'd have met Mikoto and Itachi. The former would have conversationally asked name suggestions for her yet to come baby. I would then prompt another roll, whose success would cause Mikoto to take your name into consideration.

    Basically, you might have changed Uchiha Sasuke's name...lol
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  27. Leekz01

    Leekz01 Experienced.

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2016
    Messages:
    3,054
    Likes Received:
    4,374
    [X] Konoha. If it's truly needed, I'll die for the village. I was born a son of Konoha, and I will bravely die for it when the time comes.

    [X][X] Chakra Control - Dreadful (0/10)
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  28. Pipeman

    Pipeman Well worn.

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    5,879
    Likes Received:
    6,174
    [X] Family. I will never hesitate to sacrifice myself for the happiness of my family. My family is the most important thing to me, you see.

    Though, to be honest, I could be happy with any of these as long as we avoid crappy, indecisive write-ins.

    [X] Taijutsu - Dreadful (0/10)
    [X] Taijutsu - Dreadful (0/10) x2
     
    Epsilon likes this.
  29. dasstan

    dasstan . . .

    Joined:
    May 23, 2014
    Messages:
    4,058
    Likes Received:
    16,824
    [X] I don't wanna die. I'll find another way to save the day.

    [X][X] Chakra Control - Dreadful (0/10)
     
  30. Epsilon

    Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

    Joined:
    May 14, 2016
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    781
    Voting is still open, but might as well get these done with.

    I need three rolls; 2 d10s and a 1d100.
     
    dasstan likes this.
Loading...