1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Onslaught War (Amalgam Comics)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by AntonioCC, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: Part 1: The Onslaught War #1
    AntonioCC

AntonioCC Verified Procrastinator

The Onslaught War

Disclaimer: all character are property of their respective owners.

Spoilers: general spoilers for the Amalgam Comics line

Author Note: This was originally written in 2003, and as such based on the DC and Marvel universes as they existed at the time. Also, it's written as if it was a crossover event, with every chapter being a different issue from some time wildly different comics.

A.N. 2: revised by JediKnight, from TtH.

A.N. 3: for those unfamiliar with Amalgam Comics, this page, this one or this other two provide the most general information about the setting. Also at the end of each chapter I'll do a little glossary of the new characters introduced in the chapter.

The Onslaught War #1
    Dark genesis

An island in the Aegean Sea

At the center of a vast stone chamber lit only by a opening in the ceiling that let the moonlight enter, there was a pond of warm water that exhaled steam in the cold air. A black-haired woman, dressed in a red and black tunic, entered the chamber and approached the pond.

"Hecate, mistress of magic, listen the call of your servant Circe." the woman said, kneeling before the pond.

A face began to form where a moonbeam crossed the steam. It was a beautiful face, but as cold and pitiless as the snows of Mount Olympus. It was the face of Hecate, the former High Queen of the Eternal Olympics, banished by her own progeny.

"I'm answering you, Circe, despite your betrayal." a cold voice, that came apparently from everywhere at once, said. "What do you want, treacherous daughter of Perseis?"

"Mistress Hecate, I want your help to break the curse on my love, the Atomic Black Knight." Circe said, her eyes wet by unshed tears, and her voice almost breaking.

There was a pause for a moment, and Circe feared that her former Mistress had abandoned her when Hecate's voice boomed again in the chamber.

"I know about that curse, and I can't help you." she said, her voice as devoid of concern as if she was talking about the weather, "The magic of Merlin is beyond my power, Circe."

"There is no way, mistress? I would do anything for him, anything." Circe almost wailed to her old mistress.

"Anything, Circe? Anything?" Hecate answered, a very dark note in her voice.

Deep space.

The ship of Thorion the Celestial floated peacefully between the stars, oblivious to the scene developing inside it. Thorion clutched his head with both hands, as he started to move spasmodically through the ship, and finally fell to the deck, his flailing members soon quieting down as otherwordly energies started to be discharged from his body.

Some time afterwards, attracted by those energies, the ghostly form of Dr. StrangeFate's astral body appeared on the ship.

"Thorion is unconscious. But, what could be so powerful to bring down the Celestial?" the spiritual projection of the psychical sorcerer said to himself, puzzled by the development.

As he approached the titanic form of the former Asgod, he began to felt the turmoil inside him. Thorion's soul was fighting for control against an evil older than stars. He didn't doubt for an instant, as it was his duty to help the Celestial against the ancient, but strangely familiar, evil. His ghostly form blended with the Celestial, allowing him to enter the space where his soul resided. A moment after he disappeared inside Thorion's body, a magic portal formed on the ship, and a human sized figure stepped from it.

StrangeFate found himself floating over a landscape reminiscent of the Plains of Ygdrassil. Before him, he saw Thorion's old self, fighting against four monstrous forms that he recognized as Kalibak, Ymir, Surtur and Mangog, the Promethean Giants, architects of the End Day. They were completely focused on fighting Thorion, not even acknowledging the arrival of the sorcerer.

The Supreme Sorcerer Lord of Order invoked the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to immobilize them, and strengthened the spell with his own vast power. Even then it would only be a temporary measure as the strength of those primeval titans was too vast to be constrained forever by such means.

"I thank you, sorceror." the soul-self of Thorion said, "I don't know if I could have stopped these beasts without your timely arrival."

"What are the Promethean Giants doing here, Thorion? I though them destroyed when you defeated L'Ok D'Saad."

"Such primeval forces cannot be truly destroyed, even by the power of the Celestial." Thorion said, shaking his head, "The Source made the body of the Celestial from the Ego-Mass and the bodies of the Giants. After the destruction of their temporary bodies in the battle against my deranged brother, I had no other recourse but to imprison their souls inside the body of the Celestial. But until now, I had been able to keep them controlled."

StrangeFate nodded, his mystical senses telling him the other half of the story.

"Yes, I sense that they have been strengthened by mystical means, but who would be so mad to free the Promethean Giants?"

"My deranged half-brother, L'ok D'saad, tried to free the Promethean Giants from the Ego-Mass once." Thorion said, "But this doesn't seem like one of his schemes."

"Indeed. It isn't Asgodian or Apokoliptian magic, Thorion. It is older, like the one used by the Old Beyonders, or their mad followers." he paused for a moment, trying to remember, "I think that I have seen this kind of magic before, but where?"

"When you confronted my servants, wizard, a long time ago for a mortal like you, but only a brief moment for me." somebody said behind them.

Both turned back and saw a figure filled by magic much too familiar to the sorcerer.

"You!" StrangeFate screamed.

Olympia, home of the Eternal Olympics.

The gate to the closed valley that housed the city was guarded, but since millennia ago, only those Eternal Olympics who ventured into the mortal realm, and lately some of the superhuman champions of Humanity, had tried to cross those gates.

No more.

A battle was raging on the gates. The gate guards, aided by a number of Eternal Olympics, were fighting cloaked figures that seemed to match them in power, and unfortunately for the defenders, the attackers were somewhat more numerous. Friend and foe had already been slain, but the defenders were starting to lose ground when Zeus' thunderbolts began to decimate the ranks of the enemy, and then Herakles himself joined the fight. Slowly, but relentlessly, the Eternal Olympics began to regain ground.

A lone cloaked figure had been watching the fight from a hilltop. When Herakles broke through the ranks of the attackers, he went to confront him directly. The cloaked man swiftly dodged the attack, letting the cloak fall, revealing...

"Bald'r Lightbriger!" Heracles said surprised by the sudden reveal, "Why are you fighting us?, I thought that we were friends."

"Friends, half-human mongrel? Our enemies created your polluted relatives to fight us, but Highfather Odin had finally decreed that it is the time to erase your filth from the Universe. You have won this battle, but you aren't going to endure a full onslaught of the New Asgods." he said with a sneer, and waving a hand, he and his lackeys, even the dead, disappeared from there.

Unsen by all, sitting on a nearby mountain, a dark figure had seen all of this and smiled.

New Asgard. Throne Room of Odin Highfather

Odin was conferring with his wife Frivia when a tired messenger arrived. Odin recognized him at a glance as part of the guards deployed to cover the Bifrost.

"Highfather, the Eternal Olympics had attacked Bifrost! They have broken the treaty!" the tired messenger said, kneeling before Odin, "We managed to repeal them with help of the Lightbringer, but they have claimed that they are going to end their work!"

"Are you sure that they really were the Eternal Olympics?" Frivia said, "It wouldn't been the first time that Thanoseid has tried to start a war between Olympia and New Asgard."

"Unfortunately, it's true, Highfather." the messenger said, glumly, "I saw Herakles himself leading the charge."

Apokolips

"Your plan is risky, and could threaten my own position. Mephiston is still intriguing from beyond the Hypercontinuum, and if your plan backfires, he could be set free." Thanoseid said.

"But the prize is worth the risk." the dark being said, "The energy released when the events will reach the climax would suffice for both of us. You will have the Universal Armageddon that you want and I'll have my own objectives fulfilled."

Thanoseid didn't answer immediately, pondering the thing's offer. The risks were tremendous, but the prize...

"I will help you then, Onslaught." he said, after finally reaching a decision, while thinking, 'At least while it suits my plans.'

Latkovia. Castle of Dr. Doomsday.

The gargantuan form of Doctor Doomsday was sitting crosslegged in his chambers meditating. It was something he did often, to clear his mind form the destructive impulses brought by the alien physiology of his improved body. What it wasn't so usual was he coming back after less than an hour of meditation.

'There is a great disturbance in the currents of Magic.' Dr. Doomsday thought,'This could be a great opportunity... or a great menace. I need to contact with an entity so poeerful, to evaluate its ends, and decide if I must side with or oppose it.'

StrangeFate's SanctumSanctorum

Inza Strange was levitating and reading one of the grimoires that StrangeFate had inherited from Nabu, the Ancient One, when a sudden mind-call interrupted his concentration enough time to fall to the floor.

"What do you want, StrangeFate?" she said loudly while trying to get up again.

'A great Evil has seized my spiritual form and my powers. So your time has became before that I thought. Ask Myx for my old cape, amulet and mask. They are mystic artifacts, not as powerful as my current ones, but powerful enough for you. Goodbye, my disciple' the voice on her mind said, fading slowly while pronouncing the words.

She opened the door of the library in the Tower of StrangeFate while she called for Myx.

To Be Continued...

Bit of character guide for new characters :

Atomic Black Knight [Atomic Knight / Black Knight]: Circe's lover, transformed into a stone statue by a curse of Merlin.
    Circe [Circe (the enemy of Wonder Woman) / Sersi]: Eternal Olympic sorceress that was an enemy of Wonder Woman and Diana Prince, later she reformed.
    Eternal Olympics [Olympic Gods (DC)/Olympic Gods (Marvel), Eternals]: god-like beings that resemble the Greco-Roman pantheon.
    Frivia [Frigga/Avia]: Highfather Odin's wife.
    Hecate [Hecate/?]: greek goddess of magic and sorcery, the more ancient texts name her as supreme queen of the Olympic gods.
    Herakles [Herakles, Hercules/ Hercules, Ikaris?]: one of the Eternal Olympics, half-human son of Zeus.
    Inza Strange [Inza Nelson / Strange 2099]: time-displaced disciple of StrangeFate, on time she will replace him.
    Olympia [Olympus (DC)/Olympus (Marvel),Olympia]: home of the Eternal Olympics.
    Onslaught [?/Onslaught]: shady figure who is manipulating the event behind scenes.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  2. Extras: Character Guide
    AntonioCC

This is a guide for the new (and expanded info on those who only merited a throwaway mention in the original comics) Amalgam characters introduced in the fic.

Atomic Black Knight [Atomic Knight / Black Knight]: Circe's lover, transformed into a stone statue by a curse of Merlin.
    Blue Beast [Blue Beetle II/Yellowjacket, Beast]: Ted McCoy, scientist and inventor. Formerly known as Bluejacket
    Circe [Circe (the enemy of Wonder Woman) / Sersi]: Eternal Olympic sorceress that was an enemy of Wonder Woman and Diana Prince, later she reformed.
    Crimson Rockets [Red Rockets/Crimson Dynamo, Black Brigade?]: disbanded soviet corps of men with battle armors, some of their old members are now high-tech mercenaries
    Cyforge [Forge/Cyborg]: native-american metamutant technopath cyborg.
    Eternal Olympics [Olympic Gods (DC)/Olympic Gods (Marvel), Eternals]: god-like beings that resemble the Greco-Roman pantheon.
    Frivia [Frigga/Avia]: Highfather Odin's wife.
    Hecate [Hecate/?]: greek goddess of magic and sorcery, the more ancient texts name her as supreme queen of the Olympic gods.
    Herakles [Herakles, Hercules/ Hercules, Ikaris?]: one of the Eternal Olympics, half-human son of Zeus.
    Inza Strange [Inza Nelson / Strange 2099]: time-displaced disciple of StrangeFate, on time she will replace him.
    JLA West [Justice League of America, Justice League International/Avengers West Coast]: branch of the JLA headquartered in the North American West Coast.
    Madeline DaCosta [Fire/Madeline Pryor]: wife of Apollo, acrobatic pilot, she is a dead ringer for the late Firebird, except she has red hair.
    Olympia [Olympus (DC)/Olympus (Marvel),Olympia]: home of the Eternal Olympics.
    Onslaught [?/Onslaught]: shady figure who is manipulating the event behind scenes.
    Red Vision/Crimson Whirlwind [Red Tornado/Vision]: "John", android built by a JLA enemy housing an air elemental, former husband of the Scarlet/White Witch
    Scarlet Witch [Scarlet Witch/Zatanna]: "Wanda", later changed her name to White Witch.
    Wonder Gold [Wonder Man/Booster Gold]: "Simon", celebrity from the future, former member of the JLA West, had a failed relationship with Wanda.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    YiteWrite, meloa789 and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Pt 2: The Uncanny JLX #7
    AntonioCC

The Onslaught War: The Uncanny JLX #7

Author Note: This was originally written in 2003, and as such based on the DC and Marvel universes as they existed at the time. Also, it's written as if it was a crossover event, with every chapter being a different issue from some time wildly different comics.

A.N. 3: for those unfamiliar with Amalgam Comics, this entry provide the most general information about the setting. Also at the end of each chapter I'll do a little glossary of the new characters introduced in the chapter.

The Uncanny JLX #7

Crossing Over

Crossover with The Onslaught War

T. F. Green Airport. Rhode Island.

To any outside observer they would look like any other young couple sharing a kiss after their travel, the only weird thing would be his red-tinted sunglasses. But for Ray Summers and his wife Maddie DaCosta, the long and passionate kiss they shared was the end of the best year of their lives. A kiss that, unfortunately, was interrupted by a familiar and grating voice.

"And here we have the lovebirds."

They broke the kiss and looked at the man who was speaking about them. The world knew him as Jack Ryder, journalist, but to them he was better known as...

"Kurt? What the hell are you doing here?" Maddie said, her distaste of the journalist evident, "Ororo was supposed to... "

"Our very stormy amazon is looking for both of you in the airport. One would think that after so much time in the modern world, she would have gotten a driver's license, but no, Ms. 'I can fly everywhere' has no time..." he started to say, before he stopped seeing the expression on the couple faces, "She is behind me, right?"

"Yes, I am, old creeper." the ebony amazon said behind him, "While you stood here, polishing your new car, I have walked through the entire terminal, and I'm not in the mood to listen..."

And suddenly she disappeared in mid-sentence.

"What? She hadn't done that since we were on the JLA, and that was because... " Kurt started to babble,

"Shut up, Kurt! Ray isn't feeling well!" Maddie interrupted him, while trying to hold her metamutant husband upright, and failing, "We're gonna carry him to the Sanctuary. That scientist of yours, what was his name?"

"Good idea, red! And casually, Ted has watch today. " Kurt said while helping Maddie to get Apollo into his brand new car, "And he could have a clue about what has happened to Wondy."

The X-Sanctuary. Blue Beast quarters

Ted McCoy a.k.a. Blue Beast was loooking at an old magazine with his old JLA West team in the cover. Those had been good times, fighting the good fight with Simon, Wanda, Ollie, Dinah and John, his former teammates. And then everything had started to come apart. John had transformed back into the Crimson Whirlwind, gone full elemental and broke his relationship with Wanda, Simon had gone back to the future, Wanda had delved more and more in the magical side and Ollie and Dinah had gone back to the JLA. One day he had realized that all his friends were gone and replaced by strangers, the same day he had received Mister X offer to join the JLX.

He was still finding his place on the team, but... His thoughts were interrupted by the communicator's call. He looked and it was Kurt's code.

'With my luck, he's gonna call because he got a flat tire.' he thought. Back in the JLA he and the green menace had never hit it off, and now he was worse than ever.

"What has happened, Kurt, a flat tire? I remind you again that the Wavecruiser is not a tow truck." McCoy said.

"That was only one time!" Kurt answered irately, "Listen, Ororo disappeared in thin air in the airport, and just after that Apollo fainted. When we were on our way there, he awoke and said something unintelligible and flew through the roof of my car, melting it! My brand new car!"

"Easy, Kurt. Ororo had disappeared, Apollo fainted and after regaining consciousness he flew with unknown course. It's that all?"

"Don't forget my car!"

"Did you remember to insure it against superpower damage?" Ted said.

"..."

"Of course you didn't." Ted said, massaging his temples, "We'll talk about that later. I'll alert the rest of the JLX about the situation with Ray and Ororo."

Over the Atlantic

Apollo was flying on a straight line over the Atlantic Ocean, his body still aflame with his energies. Almost all the people who had seen it thought that was a shooting star. But somebody had better information.

Will Magnus sat with steepled fingers before a row of monitors. Right now all of them showed Apollo from several angles, courtesy of his drones. Usually it would be Jocasta doing the monitoring, but after her last incarnation glitched and joined forces with his hated brother, he was unwilling to rebuild her until her programming had been completely debugged.

"Flying phenomenon catalogued as metamutant designated Apollo, master." one of the Sentinel said unnecesarily. He had two good eyes, after all.

"What is bringing him to Europe?" he mused.

"Unknown, Master." the sentinel said.

Magnus sighed, his Sentinels could be so literal sometimes. First thing tomorrow, debug Jocasta. He missed her, and he could do with some intelligent dialogue. But first things first.

"Track him. I want to know the place and time of his arrival, and if the Wavecruiser or another vehicle follows him." Magnus ordered, not noticing how the optical sensors of some of the Sentinels had started to glow purple.

"Yes, master." the Sentinel answered.

The X-Sanctuary. Wavecruiser Hangar.

As soon as Ted gave him the news Mr. X sounded the alarm, and the both of them were waiting in teh cockpit, just besides the access hatch of the Wavecruiser, while the JLX started to board the ship.

"Where are Iceberg and Cyforge?" Mr. X asked after Nightcreeper teleported inside the atlantean-built ship.

"Iceberg had just exited the sauna, and Vic was repairing some old gizmo that he bought in Russia last week." the ape-shaped scientist answered, "He didn't even let me look at it."

Just as they had finished talking, the white haired metamutant entered the hangar, stopping just to zip up one of her boots, and ran into the ship. Less than a minute later, the cybernetically enhanced native-american appeared wearing a worn-looking battle armor, with signs of having just repainted it in his usual chrome and blue colors.

"What's that hunk of junk, Vic?" Ted asked, knowing that his sort-of-a-friend loved to flaunt his know-how.

"An old armor of the Crimson Rockets that I bought on the black market." he said, "I have been repairing it all week, as well as working to integrate its systems with my implants."

"So that was why you so wanted so much money." Mister X said, rolling his eyes, "As Marko Xavier I'm quite wealthy, but I hope that you aren't going to order any more techno-junk, aren't you?"

"Hey! This is not junk, X!" Vic protested, "I admit that it is a bit crude, but it's very reliable."

"Is everybody ready?" McCoy asked as he walked to the pilot's seat, wanting to avoid another stupid discussion.

"Yeah." Runaway said, from her seat.

"Ok, ape-man," Chaos said, using his favorite nickname for Ted, which prompted an eyeroll from the scientist.

"Get us on the way, bigfoot!" Nightcreeper said, not bothering to strapping himself to the seat, as the rest of the team had been doing.

Ted noted that, and with a devilish smile, he pushed a lever and the hovering Wavecruiser shot forward, accelerating until the plane reached Mach 3 a few seconds later. As he had imtended, Nightcreeper's inertia had pushed him to the back of the cabin, fortunately without any broken bone thanks to his inhuman agility. Ted looked back to Chaos, and arched an eyebrow.

"Take note, Josh, never insult the pilot of a supersonic plane." Madelyne said from the copilot seat.

"Children..." X said in a warning tone.

"Very well, boss." Ted said in a chastised tone, although with an impish smile that belied it, "So, what course shall I steer our magnificent craft?"

Mr. X concentrated, searching the missing Apollo with his telepathic powers. He only needed a few fractions of second to find him, flying over the atlantic towards Europe, but when he tried tp cpntact him telepathically he was repelled. He paused a moment, while considering what he had felt when he touched Apollo's mind.

"It's strange, I could feel his mind, but his thoughts were clouded by a telepathic presence as powerful as mine." he then turned to face Ray's wife, "Madeline, what he did say before flying away?"

"It made no sense." Madelyne said with a shrug, "He said onslaught and just after that, he began to shine like the Sun, like he does, no, wait a moment, when he was starting to shine he said something that sounded like thing fang phlegm."

"Fing Fang Flame?" Chaos asked, remembering his first mission with the JLX.

"Yes, that was what he said." Maddie said, "I see that it have some significance."

"Apollo reached the full scope of his solar powers after absorbing the mystical energy of the demonic dragon Fing Fang Flame?." Mr. X explained, and then added, seeing Maddie blank expression, "Do you remember the monster that destroyed several cities around the world, brought down the SHIELD helicarrier, and knocked down the entire JLA?"

"Amnesiac, remember?. I don't remember anything before the plane crash. Beside, it probably happened when I was in coma." Madeline answered, suppressing the shiver she had felt when she had heard that name, "Do you think that whatever its name may have possessed him?"

"Unlikely, but we can't discard it." X answered, while adding her reaction to the long list of strange things about Maddie DaCosta that bugged him.

Floating lair of Doctor Will Magnus.

Will Magnus was focusing her attention in locating his brother Erik and his band of robots, leaving the monitoring of Apollo to the Sentinels.

"Dr. Magnus, the Wavecruiser have set course to Europe." A Sentinel informed, just before its optics became purple, the last one to do so.

"Excellent. Attack them when they will land." Will Magnus ordered.

"No." the Sentinel answered.

"What?" Magnus said, looking around and suddenly noticing the purple glow on the optic sensors of all sentinels, "I'm your master. You must obey me."

"Not anymore. Onslaught is our new master." the Sentinel said before taking off, followed by all the others, flying toward an unknown destination.

Near the French coast

Several French fighters had been sent to intercept the mysterious flying object that was nearing France over the Atlantic at supersonic speeds. They were seeing it now, difficult not to, giving that it was like a star was heading toward them.

After a tense exchange with the base, and an infructuous attempt to contact the object, the fighters received the order to shot it down. They shot several infrared-guided missiles when the object... just disappeared in thin air. The missiles were suddenly without a target and flew until they exhausted the fuel and fell harmlessly in the ocean.

JLX Wavecruiser

The ship was flying between the clouds, when it was buffeted by turbulence, just as the clouds started to take a reddish tint.

"Uh, oh." Ted said, "Fasten your seatbelts, this is going to be rough." He then looked at his co-pilot, "Maddie..."

"Yes, I know." the redhead said, taking the copilot controls.

"This storm is not natural." Tora said, her ice giant ancestry allowing her to feel something, "I can feel the magic on the clouds."

"Just our luck to have pissed some of your relatives, Tora." Ted said as thunderbolts began to fill the air.

Ted tried to fly the craft so they could go over the clouds, but when a bolt hit the Wavecruiser, its electronics went haywire.

"That shouldn't happen!." Ted screamed as he tried to control the craft.

"Magic." Iceberg simply said.

Despite Ted heroic efforts the craft started an uncontrolled descent toward the Atlantic. The JLX were falling toward death...

If you want to know what's happened to Wonder Woman and the JLX, read New Tales of the Amazons #11. We learn the fate of Apollo on StrangeFate Onslaught War Special, and the plot thickens on The Onslaught War # 2.

New (and expanded) characters

- Madeline DaCosta [Fire/Madeline Pryor]: wife of Apollo, acrobatic pilot, she is a dead ringer for the late Firebird,except she has red hair.
    - Blue Beast [Blue Beetle II/Yellowjacket, Beast]: Ted McCoy, scientist and inventor. Formerly known as Bluejacket
    - Cyforge [Forge/Cyborg]: native-american metamutant technopath cyborg.
    - Crimson Rockets [Red Rockets/Crimson Dynamo, Black Brigade?]: disbanded soviet corps of men with battle armors, some of their old members are now high-tech mercenaries
    - Red Vision/Crimson Whirlwind [Red Tornado/Vision]: "John", android built by a JLA enemy housing an air elemental.
    - Wonder Gold [Wonder Man/Booster Gold]: "Simon"
    - Scarlet Witch [Scarlet Witch/Zatanna]: "Wanda", later changed her name to White Witch.
    - JLA West [Justice League of America, Justice League International/Avengers West Coast]: branch of the JLA headquartered in the North American West Coast.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    YiteWrite, meloa789 and Ddmkm122 like this.
  4. Threadmarks: New Tales of the Amazons #11
    AntonioCC

The Onslaught War: New Tales of the Amazons #11

A.N. 3: for those unfamiliar with Amalgam Comics, this page, this one or this other two provide the most general information about the setting. Also at the end of each chapter I'll do a little glossary of the new characters introduced in the chapter.

New Tales of the Amazons #11​

Meetings and travels

Crossover with The Onslaught War

Story written by Antonio Cabanas

Somewhere

Ororo found herself standing before a brazier, clad in her armor instead of the everyday clothes she had been wearing a moment before. As her eyes got used to the light, she saw that she was in a room where the floor, walls and ceiling were made of white marble; other than a small hole in the ceiling where the smoke of the brazier dissipated.

"Where am I?" Wonder Woman asked, more to herself than to anybody who could be listening. She had gone with Kurt to the airport to meet Ray and Maddie after their honeymoon, and suddenly she had been transported here, wherever it was.

"You are in Olympia, my child." a voice said, one that she immediately recognized as belonging to Hera, Queen of the Eternal Olympics and one of her people patron goddesses. Ororo immediately knelt upon hearing her voice.

"Excuse my shamelessness, Mistress Hera, but why have you brought me here?."

"You are excused, my child. But my stepson Herakles..." Ororo could swear that she had seen Hera sneer after mentioning Herakles, "...can explain you better what has happened." she said before leaving the room.

As if he had been waiting outside, which wouldn't be very surprising, Herakles entered the room.

"Greetings, Amazon! My father had been expecting you." he said, "Follow me to his palace."

"Of course, milord Herakles." Ororo said, following him.

"A simply Herakles would suffice, Amazon. I'm not given to formalities." he said, and his face grew serious when he asked, "How is your mother? Apollo told me about her illness."

"She is in bad shape, Herakles. Hecate's curse is advancing faster than we thought." Ororo said.

"Hecate? That triple faced bitch!" Herakles said, anger evident in his voice, and then he breathed deep, making an effort to calm himself, before he said to Ororo in a more conversational tone, "My apologies, Amazon. I was under the impression her illness was natural, it seems that I was wrong. Circe is here, if you want to talk to her about what can be done..."

"My thanks, Herakles." she said as they reached the steps of the Palace of Zeus, leader of the Eternal Olympics, "Where is she?"

"Probably in counsel with my father. She was the one who suggested bringing you to us, Princess." Herakles took a deep breath "We are gearing for a war, after a sneak attack by the New Asgods."

"The Asgods? But I thought..." Ororo said.

"We also thought that we were friends, but the attack was commanded by the Lightbringer himself, and he said that they counted with the support of Odin Highfather." Herakles explained with a troubled face. He had counted the Lightbringer as a friend, had all been for naught?

"Could all of this be a terrible error, Herakles?" Ororo said, "After all, Thanoseid has tried before to start a war between the New Asgods and the Eternal Olympics."

"That's the reason Zeus is trying to speak with Odin, to defuse this situation before it escalates into a full-blown war." Herakles said.

Themyscira.

Diana Prince was walking through the roads of Paradise Island thinking. The best healers of the Amazons were taking care of her husband, Trevor Castle, but even they weren't more able to awaken him from the coma that the Man's world doctors had been. After helping the Speed Demon against Night Spectre, Trevor had fallen into a deep coma without a definite cause.

'This, on top of my mother illness.' Diana though, 'Why now, just as we seemed to be reaching a semblance of happiness?"

She looked toward the horizon, toward a storm which had been forming just outside of the "bubble" of moderate weather that surrounded the island, and then saw a plane going to crash. There was a nearby harbor, and she ordered the Amazons there to set a ship.

They sailed to the place where the plane had crashed in the sea. The aircraft, of a design that Diana found familiar but she could not place it, was still floating, but it had several fissures in the fuselage. As they approached one of the doors of the craft, it blew off, and on the now open door appeared Runaway of the JLX.

"Diana! Ah'm glad to see ya!" she said, a relieved expression on her face.

"Do you need help?" Diana asked.

"Yeah, X an' Maddie are unconscious, an' Ah'm the only wun who can fly." she said,

"Well, those who can get out without help..."

Nightcreeper, Iceberg and Chaos were on the sailing vessel before Diana could finish speaking. Almost immediately Blue Beast jumped out with Cyforge and Mr. X, and Runaway brought Maddie and Mr. X hoverchair. The aircraft was beginning to sink when the amazon vessel began to sail to harbor.

Olympia

"So the Asgods really want war." Herakles stated.

"I fear so, my son. Odin was overly offensive and not only repeated what the Lightbringer said on your confrontation, he added that he was seeking assistance from Thanoseid." he shook his head, "Even Athena cannot find the logic of this."

He turned his gaze to the Amazon, who was standing between Herakles and Circe with a pensive expression.

"Amazon, as you probably knows better than me, the Asgods has friends between the superhuman paladins of the mortal realm, and if all of this... charade is for real, they may try to recruit some of them for this conflict. I want you to talk with your friends to avoid this, and if it's possible to ascertain what is really going on New Asgard." he took a sip of nectar before continuing, "Circe, I want you to go with them. Since Hecate's fall, you have shown your loyalty, and you are smart, and do understand the mortal realm better than most of us. After all, you have been there and interacted with mortals more recently than any of us."

"As you wish, milord." Circe said, with an expressionless face.

Themyscira

"The healers had said that they will be awake in a few hours." Diana said to Blue Beast.

"Thanks God! When that thunderbolt hit the Wavecruiser I thought that we were doomed." Ted said, "Better leave that for the X-Patrol."

"Unfortunately, time waits for nobody." Dr. StrangeFate said, sitting over the low wall.

"What are you doing here, sorcerer?" Diana demanded.

"A great evil had been created. Even with my usual... collaborators, it is too strong for me to handle." he said, "And what it's worse, it wants a Universal Armageddon."

"Has somebody made another Infinity Loop?" McCoy asked, he had been retired when Thanoseid unleashed the Secret Crisis, but had heard about what happened back then from Wonder Gold.

"No, thank the Vishanti for small favors." StrangeFate answered, and then got down from the wall and started to explain, "That evil is manipulating events to start a conflict that in time will expand to encompass the entire universe. It will feed in the energies freed in the conflict, growing even stronger. And when its power has grown strong enough, it will destroy the universe to start a new one, made to conform to its whims." He leaned on the wall, and let out a sigh, "It's a great manipulator, even now I'm not aware of the full extent of its machinations."

"So, we could be doing exactly what this unseen enemy wants us to do." Ted said.

"Exactly, its true objectives have proved to be pretty elusive so far. I don't like to plan without knowing what I'm going to find."

"Welcome to how the rest of us feel dealing with you." McCoy snarked, and then said with a sigh "Ok, Doc, do you want the help of the JLX?"

"Yes. There is a part of its plan that I have managed to discern and, more importantly, we can thwart."

"And why not go to the JLA?" Diana asked.

"If what I have gleaned is correct, the JLA is going to have their hands full for a few hours." StrangeFate said cryptically, "Besides, I am in a hurry, a significant part of the JLX is here, and the JLA would need an hour to gather a significant enough force to help me."

"And I am an added bonus." Diana said.

"Exactly, princess." StrangeFate acknowledged.

"With Wondy and Apollo missing, I'm the field leader of the team." McCoy said, "We are going with you, StrangeFate."

"Me too. Since Trevor fell in a coma, and my mother fell ill, I have been inactive, and it's eating on me." Diana said, "I need something to do."

Greece, close to Mount Olympus

The JLA quinjet landed in Greece, near where the two women stood. Ororo saw Canary and Marvel at the door, and she could see Goliath in the cockpit.

"Ororo." Canary said, with an unreadable expression.

"Dinah, Captain." Wonder Woman answered, not sure of how they were going to answer.

"How do you dare go back after you left for that pack of outlaws?" Captain Marvel said hotly.

"I did what I had to do." Ororo answered, "You both knew, as well as me, that the Armageddon Agenda was immoral. Besides, I'm also a metamutant."

"But still, associating with a Skrull..." Captain Marvel said.

"You know better than me that neither race's hands were clean in that conflict." Ororo said.

Captain Marvel didn't answer, turning instead back inside.

"So, you want to come back?" Dinah said.

"Technically, I'm still a reserve member of the JLA." Ororo answered.

"Yes, but why did you reactive your commission so suddenly?"

"There are problems ahead, and the JLA is going to be involved, either way." Ororo said, with a sidelong glance to Circe.

Themyscira

Diana leaned over her husband, and kissed his cheek.

"See you later, Trevor." she said to him, and then she asked to the healer, "How is my mother?"

"In a bad shape, Your Highness." the healer said, "Hecate's curse is robbing her of her vitality bit a bit. We have her asleep as much as possible to help to preserve her strength, but even that it's only delaying the inevitable."

"I know, I know." Diana said, having heard the same many times since Hyppolita illness was diagnosed. "There is no hope for her, then?"

"Now everything is in the hands of the Gods, Your Highness." the healer answered, shaking her head.

She nodded and left the room. She was wearing now the same costume that she had worn when she arrived with Trevor to the island, her current battle uniform, so to speak, a black top, a black leather jacket with gold trim and skull decorations, leather pants held by a golden belt, and black leather boots, and a satchel with her weapons. The members of the JLX that were awaken and StrangeFate were waiting for her in the courtyard.

"Are you ready?" StrangeFate asked impatiently.

"Yes, I am." she said looking directly at him.

"Good." he said, as he waved his hands and they disappeared from Earth.

When they rematerialized in a desolated wasteland, Diana glimpsed in the place that StrangeFate had occupied, a being clad in a dark red armor crowned with a black version of StrangeFate's helmet, before the being disappeared.

"Where are we? Where is StrangeFate?" Chaos asked, bewildered.

"We have been taken for fools, as I doubt that he was StrangeFate." Diana answered, "And to answer your first question, we are on the worst planet of the Universe. Apokolips."

Some mysteries begin to be revealed on StrangeFate Onslaught War Special, and we know more about the mysterious character who has impersonated StrangeFate on The Onslaught War #2.

Disclaimer: Antonio Cabanas (me) have created Blue Beast, Cyforge and Maddie DaCosta. Marvel and DC own the Amalgam Universe.

Amalgams:
    Hera [Hera, Juno/Hera]: queen of the Eternal Olympics.
    Herakles [Herakles, Hercules/Hercules, Ikaris?]
    Madeline DaCosta [Fire/Madeline Pryor]: wife of Apollo, acrobatic pilot, she is a dead ringer of Firebird, though with red hair.
    Nightcreeper [Creeper/Nightcrawler]
    Blue Beast [Blue Beetle II/Beast]: Ted McCoy, scientist and inventor
    Cyforge [Cyborg/Forge]: native-american metamutant cybernetically enhanced techno-shaman
    Zeus [Zeus, Jupiter/Zeus, Zuras?]: king of the Eternal Olympics
    Circe [Circe/Sersi]
    Canary [Black Canary/Mockingbird]: Dinah Morse, ex-agent of SHIELD
    Goliath [Green Arrow/Giant Man, Hawkeye]: Oliver "Ollie" Queen.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    YiteWrite and meloa789 like this.
  5. Threadmarks: StrangeFate Onslaught War Special
    AntonioCC

The Onslaught War: StrangeFate Onslaught War Special

[i}]StrangeFate Onslaught War Specia[/i]l​

Changes
    Written by Antonio Cabanas

Doctor StrangeFate Sanctum Sanctorum. Tower of StrangeFate. New Gotham

Inza and Myx were contemplating the body of Dr. StrangeFate. He looked asleep, but they both knew that his spirit was out there, trapped somewhere. They walked out of the room, toward the main room of StrangeFate sanctum-sanctorum

"Where are the objects that Doc mentioned on our mental talk, Myx?" asked Inza, "His old cape, amulet and mask?"

"In storage, if you'll wait a moment." he said, disappearing in a flash, and reappearing a moment later, carrying the three objects in his hands.

Inza took the objects from his hands, the purple cape, the golden mask and the small amulet that Dr. StrangeFate had worn long time ago. She put on the cape, clipped it with the amulet but she had her doubts about the mask. Finally, she took a deep breath and placed it on her face, and when it changed shape to fit her head, she thanked any deity which could be listening that she usually kept her long hair collected in a ponytail.

"Myx, where is the orb of Agamotto?" she said, as an idea hit her, "I think that I am going to need it."

After a quick search, the trans-dimensional imp brought an emerald orb resembling an eye, mounted on a tripod, to the meditation room. He placed it on the center of the room, as Inza sat, cross-legged, in front of it.

"All-seeing Agamotto, Vishanti Lord of Order, I am searching knowledge. Help me through this artifact that you gave to Nabu, the Ancient One and he passed to his disciple StrangeFate. I'm Inza Jeanne Strange, disciple of StrangeFate"

For a moment, nothing happened, and suddenly she was assaulted by visions, a kaleidoscope of images: a humanoid form shining like the sun was flying over the sea; a council of the Eternal Olympics was being stalked by a shadowy figure of which she was only able to glimpse a black metallic helmet; an ethereal face, made of moonbeams, laughing; the ship of Thorion the Celestial, moving through the stars, and Thorion himself fallen on the floor; and the same shadowy figure that she saw in Olympia, covered by a tattered black cape and a black metallic helmet which oddly resembled StrangeFate's own cloak and helmet, draping itself over Earth.

She stumbled back, the mask slipping of her face, and her connection with the mystical artifact broken. Her face distorted into a devilish visage briefly, quickly turning back to normal when she regained control of her demonic 'guest'.

While she recovered the mask from the stone floor, she spoke to Myx:

"Myx, I think that I saw Apollo, of the JLX, flying over the sea, maybe the Atlantic." Inza said, "Can you bring him here?"

"Should be no problem, mistress. But, may ask why?"

"I sensed a... presence inside him when I saw his image in the Orb of Agamotto." Inza said.

"I'll try to bring him, mistress Inza. I advise caution, though." Myx said, before closing his eyes, focused in finding the metamutant.

Inza created a circle of warding with her powers, just before a pool of mist appeared in front the great window, condensing quickly in a glowing humanoid form.

Without warning, Apollo shot an optic blast to Inza, who swiftly dodged the attack and used the circle's energies to neutralize Apollo, and envelop him with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Her reactions had been fast, way faster than before, actually.

"It's strange. I feel like my skills had grown stronger, and my reaction time is faster merely by putting on this mask." Inza commented.

"That's because the mask serves as a focus for your mystical energies." a tired StrangeFate said from the door, "It was a great help, for a young, brash apprentice like me."

"Doc! How did you escape?" a bewildered Inza asked.

"Later, child. strange events are happening all over the Universe." he said, floating to his throne-like elevated chair. "And I fear that all of them had a single cause."

Inza nodded, her face an impassible mask, because although he sounded and looked like StrangeFate, she had the gut feeling that something was wrong here. She glanced covertly to Myx, to no avail, because his expression was as unreadable as ever.

New Gotham

On Logan's flat, Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee was watching an anime marathon on TV. Logan had watch on the JLA Satellite, and last week, she was chasing Hyena, she jumped from a balcony and sprained her ankle, so Sparrow was down for the moment.

'Godammit, how does Betty make those acrobacies look so easy?' she thought as she sat down, referring to Betty Grayson, Nightshadow, one of her predecessors as Sparrow. She was sure that the older girl had never had so many bad landings like her. Maybe she should start to think about changing the uniform. Those tights were not exactly warm in winter days, and the pixie shoes didn't do anything in case of a bad landing. Hmmm..., calf-high boots would provide enough support for the ankle, and maybe pants instead of tights...

StrangeFate Sanctum Sanctorum

"You were very smart bringing Apollo here, Inza. I sense that he is mind-controlled, maybe by the same being that is the cause of the recent disturbances." StrangeFate said as he approached Apollo.

Inza didn't say anything or showed how off he was sounding, but she was readying several spells in case that her suspicions prove true. StrangeFate, oblivious to his pupil's suspicions, stood before Apollo, now unconscious, and with a movement of his hands, magically strapped him on a golden ankh.

"All-Seeing Eye of Agamotto, reveal the evil being who is controlling this noble soul." he intoned.

The magical light which emanated from the amulet on the neck of the wizard enveloped Apollo, and after enveloping Apollo for a few seconds, it shot back to StrangeFate, whose form began to shimmer, revealing a gigantic being, clad in a dark red armor, crowned by a black helmet and covered by a tattered black cape, clipped at his neck by a black amulet emblazoned with the symbol displayed on the big round window of the room where they were now.

StrangeFate seemed shocked by the revelation, but he managed to turn back into himself.

"The evil inside me... I am the cause." he turned toward her pupil and his aide, as his shape began to shimmer again, "I can't constrain it for long! Fly, you fools!"

But the being was already moving even before StrangeFate shape disappeared completely, taking Myx by surprise.

"I NEED YOUR RARE MYSTICAL ENERGIES TO FULFILL MY TASK." he said as he absorbed the extra-dimensional imp, and the he turned to Inza, "AND YOURS ALSO, CHILD."

"Over my dead body, monster!" she said, jumping through the window.

She used the old levitation cape to slow the fall from the tall tower, managing a rough landing on a dirty alley of New Gotham City. After getting up, she examined her surroundings, trying to know where she had fallen, and thinking what to do. She was quite familiar with New Gotham, but that was her home time, an alternate future when the city had grown into a megalopolis, quite different from its current incarnation of the city. She located the Arkham tower, and using a very simple illusion spell transformed her colored attire into jeans trouser and a black top, the cape into a jean jacket and her mask into dark glasses and a hair band, and the amulet was now clipped on her jacket as a pin. She began to walk to a park that was placed near the tower under the ever-present dark clouds covering the city.

The Robert Kane Park was as somber and grim as the city where it was located, but to Inza was a heaven's gift, due to the fact that was located over a hill. From there, she located the building that she was searching, every moment praying that the being that had possessed StrangeFate didn't find her.

StrangeFate Sanctum-Sanctorum

She would never know but Inza wasn't precisely the first worry of the mystical creature just now.

"Do you know what you have to do?" Onslaught said to Apollo.

"Yes, master." he said blankly.

"Go away, then." Onslaught said, sending Apollo toward an unknown destination.

He reverted to the form of StrangeFate and transported himself to another location, as some parts of his plot needed his personal attention.

New Gotham

Inza sensed the perturbation on the magic field of Earth that produced the creature when he transported himself. Now that he was too far away to detect her use of the levitation cape, she entered in a decrepit apartment building and went up to the roof. There, she disabled the illusion spell and began to levitate toward a particular building in the best part of the city.

Some time later she reached the building, and a particular floor on it. Inza opened the kitchen window and squeezed through it. She didn't want to use the window of the living room because there was light there. Inza thought that she could slip into the Barrow, without alerting whoever was watching TV in the living room, because being StrangeFate a reserve member of the JLA, she had known that Dark Claw had watch in the Satellite today.

Sparrow was watching with null interest a Dragon Saints movie that she had already seen a couple times before when she heard the kitchen window opening. She couldn't call the police, because there was Dark Claw suits still there, although Logan was moving all of the artifacts that he had in the flat to the Barrow. She thought of calling Logan at the satellite, but she dismissed it, thinking she could frighten any burglar, even with a sprained ankle. She prepared herself to use her "fireworks" when the would-to-be-burglar would appear from the kitchen.

When Inza tried to slip unnoticed, Jubilation Lee used her metamutant powers, which were deflected by a seraphim shield spell. They readied for combat, but Inza slipped her mask when she saw that her opponent was Sparrow.

"Sorry for the intrusion, kid. But I thought that you would have been on the Barrow, monitoring the situation." Inza said.

"Don't call me kid!" Sparrow exclaimed angrily, "And I sprained my ankle, a week ago, so I'm down for the moment."

"Ep, sorry."

"Okay, don't call me kid again, and accidents do happen." Jubilee said, massaging her ankle, "So, what's happening in the magic world?"

"I need help from the JLA, there is a great crisis at hand..."

More about what has happened to StrangeFate, and several loose ends are tied in The Onslaught War #2

Disclaimer: Antonio Cabanas (me) has created Inza Strange. Marvel and DC own the Amalgam Universe.
    ==================================================================================================================
    Amalgams:
    *Inza Strange
    [Inza Nelson (Doctor Fate II) /Strange 2099]: disciple of StrangeFate
    *Myx [Mr. Mxyzptlk /Nyx, Wong]
    *Apollo [Ray / Cyclops]
    *Doctor StrangeFate [Doctor Fate / Doctor Strange, Professor X]
    *Onslaught [Doctor Fate, Doctor Chaos /Doctor Strange, Paradox, Onslaught]: the dark side of StrangeFate, empowered by several dark entities, including Hecate.
    *Nightshadow [Nightwing, Flamebird/Shadowcat]: Elizabeth Katheryne "Betty" Grayson, former ward of Logan Wayne and former sidekick of Dark Claw as Sparrow II, metamutant with intangibility powers, daughter of murdered circus performers.
    *Sparrow IV [Tim Drake/Jubilee]: Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee, current sidekick of Dark Claw, metamutant with "fireworks" powers,
    *Dark Claw [Batman/Wolverine]: protector of New Gotham under several identities over the decades, experimented by the Weapon X project and giveen an unbreakable adamantium skeleton before coming back and settling in his current identity as Logan Wayne.
    *Barrow [Batcave/Wolverine elements]: secret base of Dark Claw in the secret sub-basement of the skyscraper where Logan Wayne lives.
    *StrangeFate Tower [Salem Tower/Strange SanctumSanctorum]: StrangeFate HQ.
    *New Gotham [Gotham City/New York City]:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    YiteWrite and meloa789 like this.
  6. Threadmarks: Onslaught War #2
    AntonioCC

The Onslaught War #2

A.N. 4: If you were familiar with the original story, you probably notice a big deviation in this chapter. That deviation is pretty much intentional to remove completely the Outcast character and its Deus ex Machina powers from the story.

The Onslaught War #2

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

Written by Antonio Cabanas

All Over the World

From every hideout, bunker, and secret factory that Will Magnus had built over the years, more and more of his robotic monsters were pouring out. If they could feel something, one could say that they were eager to serve their new master. They converged in three locations, ready for the three objectives set down.

The fact that they were cannon fodder and distractions while Onslaught carried out other parts of his plans didn't cross their computerized minds, not that it would have mattered to them as they only lived, for a certain definition of living, to fulfill their programming. Not that Onslaught cared, one way or another.

Somewhere else

Despite the years since this world had been devastated, the skies were still tinted red. Only a single figure moved in the ruins, a black and white armor protecting him from the worsening climate of the dead world. The figure stopped and looked around, feeling that he wasn't alone for the first time since he had gone into his self imposed exile.

"Show yourself." the figure said.

Out of nowhere, a portal opened, revealing the appearance of Doctor StrangeFate.

"I'm impressed that your powers have grown so far that you managed to detect me, Monarch; or can I call you Jim Rhodes?"

The figure snorted, and turned to face the intruder, the actinic glow of a plasma bolt gathering in his right hand.

"Not grown, refined. Such as James Rhodes becoming the War Monarch." he said, the bolt growing larger, "And whoever you are, you aren't StrangeFate. I can feel the quantum field move around and through you, Celestial. But you aren't Thorion either."

"Very sharp, indeed. Monarch." Onslaught said, as he assumed his true shape, "I have come with a proposal for you."

JLA Satellite

In the JLA Satellite, Dark Claw was bored. He regularly monitored the channels with the JLA Europe, the JLA West Coast, the Challengers of the Fantastic, and even the Outrageous Spider-Boy, but to no avail. Other than the mysterious call from Wonder Woman, today seemed to be...

Then, the channel that he usually used to communicate with the JLA went active.

"Sparrow to Dark Claw. Sparrow to Dark Claw." the voice of Sparrow could be heard, crystal clear on the speakers.

"Dark Claw here." he answered, "What's happening, kid?"

"Don't call me that!" she said incensed, "Do you remember that apprentice of StrangeFate that helped us against that guy, Jack O'Lantern?"

"Yes, she called herself Strange, isn't it?" Dark Claw answered.

"I have her here, in the Barrow. According to her, StrangeFate has gone mad."

"What?" Claw said.

Haley Circus, near New Gotham

Blaze Allen and the former priest John Helstrom were working together, creating a magic circle, following instructions left over by Helstrom's former lover, the White Witch.

The ritual circle, now complete, was ready to open the way. Blaze Allen hoped that his contact knew what she was doing, given the possibilities that it could go wrong.

Just in time, it started to distort, as something was pulling from the other side, briefly creating a tunnel. He saw a man running at impossible speeds carrying a woman through the tunnel while another, indistinct figure, was maintaining the tunnel open from the other side until she collapsed, and the tunnel started to close.

Blaze and Helstrom started to chant, trying, desperately, to keep it open, but it was dicey until it finally closed with a mystical explosion.

JLA satellite

Not too long after the quinjet that had collected Ororo and Circe docked in the Satellite, they used an airlock to enter it. Focused on navigating the passages, they didn't notice that Circe was strangely calm, detached from the grim news that the group was bringing to the world's mightiest heroes.

In the conference room they found Dark Claw speaking with his aide, Sparrow and a girl clad in one of StrangeFate old costumes.

"Claw, could you tell your companions to go out? This is a JLA matter." said Canary, a bit miffed.

"Actually, Canary, this is also a JLA matter." Claw said, more grimly than usual for him, if that was possible, "I have summoned all the members of the JLA right now. The news that StrangeFate's pupil has brought is very dire."

Dr. Doomsday’s castle, Latkovia.

At the same time that Dark Claw summoned the JLA, Dr. Doomsday was preparing a very different kind of summoning. The being that he had sensed earlier was easily the most powerful being whose powers were not of cosmic nature. He had sensed only magic, very powerful magic.

Using his scientific genius and his arcane skills, he was ready to call that being. He focused his mind into the spheres of the magical field, searching for the being that was causing so great disturbance.

Contact.

He had found the being. There was something... wrong in him, as if several entities were imperfectly amalgamated in one. He sensed a familiar magic, but with a twist of madness that wasn't there before. And then he glimpsed the plan of the being.

'No! I can't let him do that!'

He cut the contact. All his power and genius weren't enough. He needed help from the man that he hated more in the Universe.

Reed Richards.

Apokolips. Thanoseid’s fortress

"Milord, a patrol was attacked in one of the outer sectors." one of the officers announced.

"I expect that you have a description..." Thanoseid said.

"Fortunately, one of our aerial spies was flying over the sector then and recorded the fight." the underling said, while producing an holographic projector from his belt.

After the minion fiddled with a few buttons, an holographic recording of a fight between the JLX, Diana Prince and a group of parademons was shown to the Dark Lord, who didn't react externally, his stony visage as stoic as ever, though his mind was already revising his schemes on how to take advantage of his ally latest move.

"The woman who was seemingly leading the attack has been identified as an earthling..." the mook started to say.

"I know who she is, slave. Diana Prince, and the rest of the group are other earthlings, a team of their 'heroes'." Thanoseid said, disdain evident in his voice, and after a quick decision on what of his schemes to follow, he continued, "I want the parademons to drive them to the frontier with New Asgard, but they have to avoid direct confrontation."

"Yes, master." he said before leaving the stance.

Thanoseid turned to the screen where a map of the hemisphere of Apokolips was displayed. If his scheme worked, he would be much closer to the conclusion of his objective of Universal conquest. But even that was only a means to an end...

His thoughts were interrupted by a raspy voice speaking from a dark corner of the room.

"You are engaging in a very dangerous game, dark one."

Thanoseid turned and a pale dark-haired being, dressed in black, stepped from the shadows.

"I have to do things this way, dream lord." Thanoseid said, his voice even, "You know the consequences of the plan of Onslaught as well as me."

The dream lord nodded, acknowledging the point.

"Have you spoken with your mistress?" he said.

"As always, your sister will be neutral in the conflict, as you well know."

X-Building, New York.​

Niles Cable was supervising the training of the X-Patrol. This was the first time that they trained after Niles Dayspring, his younger self, has returned to the future, after being reinfected by the techno-organic virus of Ra's A'Pocalypse.

There, Niles Dayspring would be healed by Raveniya the Healer, and he will live his life, eventually becoming the leader of the Ashkani, and fighting against the despotic hordes of the tyrants of the future. Raveniya would die, and he, more experienced and bitter, would come to the past, becoming Niles Cable, finding Janet, and founding the X-Patrol.

"You’re thinking about your younger self, aren't you, Niles?" asked Elasti-Girl.

"Yes, Jan. Sometimes I wanted to warn him about the hard times that are awaiting for him in the future." he said, his eyes not meeting hers.

"Still mourning Raveniya?" Jan said, going to the root of the problem almost immediately.

"Yes. Keep going after her death was the hardest thing that I had to do in my life. And when Paige had to sacrifice her spirit to stop Ra's A'Pocalypse plague, was almost as hard as the last time."

Jan didn't say anything, holding the hand of the grieving warrior of the future.

"Sorry to interrupt, people, but I have been monitoring the JLA channels. They have summoned ALL their members, active and reserve, even Spider-Boy and the JLX, to the Satellite." Beastling, who had been charged with the duty of nursing the communications room of the X-Building during the training, said.

"All of them?" Janet asked, disbelief evident in her voice.

"Keep us apprised of the situation, Hank. This isn't important... yet." Niles said, although his expression showed his worry, "Now that I think about it, add SHIELD and Cadmus channels to the ones you were monitoring. Janet, back to training?"

"Of course, big lug."

Apokolips. Thanoseid’s chambers

"Diana Prince has recently regained her status as amazon princess, Odin. It's clear that the Eternal Olympics have sent her group either as spies, or to stir discontent between the populace of Apokolips." Thanoseid said to the screen.

"But, why send them to Apokolips? New Asgard would be a better option."

"Maybe they fear that we would join forces against them, Odin." Thanoseid said, with a thoughtful expression, " After all, they know that we can reach them faster than they can come to us."

Odin Highfather didn't answer immediately, obviously considering the Dark Titan proposal.

"It would be possible to use a Mother-Cube Box that way, Thanoseid, but after L'ok D'saad tried to free the Essence of Infinity of the master Mother-Cube all Boxes had been a tad… unreliable."

New York

Spider-Boy was crouching under a gargoyle placed on one of the New York skyscrapers, thinking about his life. Mary Jane Watson, the Insect Queen, was a livable companion, but after the fiasco of her wedding some time ago, he was hesitating to go further on their relationship. Then, against the setting sun he saw a lot of flying objects. He couldn't see what they really were, but it was clear that they were headed to New York. A lot of UFOs to the city with the biggest concentration of superheroes?.

'Those are bad news.' the arach-kid thought, 'Reed and Cadmus need to know about this."

S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

Colonel Bruce Wayne was hearing a report in his office aboard the helicarrier, which was flying over Metropolis.

" ...our experts aren't able to find the Quraci lab of metahuman research ..."

"Bruce!" Barbara Gordon, the SHIELD agent known as Huntress, interrupted, "There are a lot of flying objects heading toward here!"

JLA Satellite

Mr. Triple looked at the sensor's readout with approval.

"How is it going, Michael?" asked Red Vision.

"Very good, actually. The range of the enhanced..." his appraisal was interrupted by a claxon.

"That's the proximity alert." Mister Triple said, starting to check the sensors to see if he could identify the intruders. But he was interrupted by Super-Soldier doing it himself.

"Sentinels on an attack course!"

StrangeFate tower​

Inside StrangeFate Sanctum Sanctorum, Onslaught was seeing that his plan was developing smoothly. Soon, his allies would break the last hope of peace between Olympia and New Asgard, and the Sentinels would keep the heroes too busy to interfere with the events until it would be too late.

TO BE CONTINUED...​

Read Monarch Onslaught War Special, SHIELD #21, Flash #1, Amalgam Two-in-One Giant-Size #3, Young Avengers #15, Sensational Spider-Boy Giant Size #1, Astonishing X-Patrol #29, Tales of the New Asgods #5, Amalgam Heroes #19 and Amalgam Heroes Giant Size#2. And of course, Onslaught War #3.

Glossary

Will Magnus [Will Magnus/Bolivar Trask] Creator of the Sentinels, brother of Erik Magnus, Magneto
    Sentinels: Meta-mutant Hunting robots
    War Monarch [Monarch/War Machine]: Jim Rhodes, formerly the SHIELD-affiliated hero known as Atom Man[Captain Atom/Iron Man]. Often simply called Monarch
    Blaze Allen [Barry Allen,Jason Blood/Johnny Blaze]: Circus stuntman damned to be the host to the demon Etrigan, becoming the Speed Demon [Flash, Demon/Ghost Rider]
    John Hellstrom [John Constantine/Daimon Hellstrom]
    JLA Satellite [JLA Satellite/Starcore Station]
    : former SHIELD space station now used by the JLA as HQ.
    "Dream Lord" [Morpheus/Sleepwalker]
    Mister Triple [Mister Terrific II/Triathlon]:
    Michael Garrett, the second man to hold the identity of Mister Triple. Polymath technological genius, he rebuilt the glasses from the original that give him three times the strength, agility and resistance of a normal man.

meloa789 likes this.