1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Shielder of DxD

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by EclipsingDragonMoon, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    EclipsingDragonMoon

EclipsingDragonMoon Fate Simp

Hello People! Some of you may recognize me from Fanfiction, and I decided to try my hand at writing stories on other sites (Totally not this one because it has the ability to post pictures, totally).
    I will say this now I am not the greatest writer, so you may notice a lot of mistakes in this story, I am sorry for any mistakes you find.

“Speaking Aloud”
    ‘Thinking’
    Location or Flashback.

My life was not the best, sure I had money and a decent job, but besides that? I had no close friends, my family and I hadn’t interacted in years, and my only joy was researching legends.

I wanted something more, something far more. I held a deep ambition, but in this world, there was no possible way for me to achieve it. I wanted to mark my name in history, but I had no great talent, and my life was nowhere near interesting enough to mark in history.

Returning from my job, working in a grocery store most of the day and night, to my cheap apartment. Looking about, my room was just as bland and boring, the only things adding some color were my different anime figures. Yea yea, laugh it up, I’m an anime geek. I had already eaten dinner before I got back, so just went to bed.

Falling onto my lumpy and uncomfortable bed, I stared towards the roof, just like everything else, it was oh so boring and plain. After a bit trying to get comfortable, I finally fell asleep.

Something was wrong, instead of the usual foggy awakening I had, I was immediately perfectly awake and looking about. This wasn’t my room, it was a beautiful stunning living room, a roaring fire and comfy looking sofas and chairs, with dark oak tables. I also wasn’t alone, staring towards a figure who I couldn’t even begin to describe, one second they were a child, next they were an elder gentleman with pink hair of all things, and other times they were a supermodel of a woman.

“I assure you, this is no dream”. The Entity said, finally taking on the solid form of an elder gentleman with graying hair and blue eyes. He had a jovial grin on his face, and his eyes twinkled with joy and mirth.

“So who are you then?”. I asked, I felt unnaturally calm, maybe it was just how joyful this guy was, or maybe I’ve gone crazy. This was clearly not natural.

“Well I’m what you people call a ROB, or a Random Omnipotent being. And I’d like to offer you a game”. The Entity said, offering me a cup filled with…. Milk? It was my favorite drink, so I’ll take it. At least I know why I’m so calm, I doubt this guy would want me freaking out while trying to talk to me.

“What kind of game?”. I was curious, I didn’t have much going on so I really wouldn’t mind getting a more exciting life. But I wasn’t willing to trust this guy so easily.

“Simple, I’ll transfer you to a random fictional world of my choice. The world will be changed so you’ll always have been there, you won’t replace a random person, but you may get some new memories. In return for this, I’ll give you some abilities from other worlds, I’ll even throw in a reward each time you do something that really impresses me!”. The Entity offered, placing a crystal orb on the table, which projected a bunch of images, showing off different worlds, some I recognized as anime or games I’ve seen.

“So it’s kind of like the Gamer?”. I asked, that was the closes I could think of to The Entity’s offer. But he just shook his head and began explaining.

“No, I know some of those other ROB’s are interested in those Gamers. But I always find them too much trouble, what’s the fun in someone gaining so much power so quickly? I’ll let you choose 3 abilities to start with, from there if really you impress me I’ll grant you other rewards or abilities. You can also acquire powers from the world you’re sent to, for example Ninjustu if I send you to Naruto, or Magic if I send you to Fairy Tail”. The Entity explained, it was a really good offer, and I found myself considering it.

“What kind of powers could I have? I assume nothing game breaking like the Rinnegan”. I asked, Rinnegan was OP but I didn’t think it was a good idea.

“Well certain powers require you to have other things, so for example if you want the Rinnegan, you’d need a body that produces Chakra to use the Rinnegan”. The Entity said. I see, so if I want a certain power, I may need something else.

“Could I get a body similar to Mash? A Demi-Servant, but with a normal lifespan”. Mashu was cool, but her limited lifespan was something I wasn’t willing to accept.

“A Demi-Servant? Sure, I’ll even throw in Galahad’s power”. The Entity agreed, I thought I’d have to use another of my 3 abilities to acquire a Servant’s power, but I won’t complain.

I had a combat ability, but what else was needed? Clairvoyance was a threat, I’m not sure if the world I’m going to has any clairvoyant characters, but it’s best to be prepared.

“Some kind of defense against people seeing me in clairvoyance or any other future prediction ability”. I asked, and The Entity nodded in agreement. Okay I had defense against clairvoyance, I did consider asking for mental protection as well, but it felt like a bit of a waste. I’m fairly certain if there was mind reading, there’s got to be mental defense I can acquire as well.

“Is there anything you suggest?”. I asked The Entity, while I had many ideas for different powers I could get. I wanted to try getting on the good side of The Entity, and looking at the widening grin on his face, he was very pleased.

“Ahah! Oh it’s been to long since someone has asked what powers I think would be good. How about a deal? I’ll edit the world you’re going to, and in return you get a very big power from that world, plus a few minor things like the ability to understand all languages. What do you think?”. The Entity offered, offering his hand. It was a good deal, but I was worried how he would edit the world.

“I Agree”. I said, and shook his hand. Let’s just hope he hasn’t fucked me over.

“Now, the final part. Deciding what world to send you to!”. The Entity explained, summoning a spinning wheel with a bunch of different names on it. Some names I recognized, others I didn’t. “You can get anything here, from Harry Potter, Kamen Rider, God of High School, to even God of War!”. With that final sentence, The Entity spun the wheel.

It took around 30 seconds for it to start slowing down, and I saw some truly terrifying options on the list. Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, The Walking Dead, and even DOOM. Eventually however it stopped, and I was a bit worried on what it landed on.

“High School DxD huh? The world of perverts, dragons, and idiotic power ups. What power to give you from there, the Holy Grail would fit with Galahad’s power, but that feels a bit too boring. Maybe another Church related Sacred Gear? No no, something better… oh, oh that could work! Hahahah this is going to be great!”. The Entity exclaimed, clearly excited with whatever he had planned. “You’ll get a new Sacred Gear, personally created by me! Now, let’s sort out a few details”.

“Details? What else is left?”. I was confused, we’ve already completed everything right?

“Well, we do need to make you fit into that world. Since you’re a Demi-Servant with Galahad’s power, let’s make you a Hero Descendant! Sure it may get the Hero Faction on you, but it’s the best way to make sure people don’t question why you have Galahad’s Spirit! Plus with his holy connections, you’d naturally be able to wield Holy Swords”. The Entity explained.

I’ll admit I’m not the most knowledgeable of DxD, I only know of a couple arcs and that’s more from second hand. But I remember the Hero Faction was a villain, I think. Maybe it was just the fanfics that made them villains and they were actually good guys? After all it was a story told from the view of a helpless pervert. I was however aware of the Excalibur’s, maybe I could join the Church and become a wielder? But then again Galahad’s shield is rather… large.

“Well are you ready? We’ve got everything sorted out, you’ll be transported to DxD. To make it easier for you, your body has been in a Coma for a few months, you can even claim Amnesia if you want! It’s all up to you now”. The Entity said, with a final nod I was ready.

Everything started getting blurry, but before I fully faded away, I heard one last thing from The Entity.

“I wonder how he’ll react when he wakes up. Eh if he complains he should’ve just worded his powers better”. What…?

Somewhere else, in a random hospital in France.

Ugh… my everything hurt. I was in a bed, a really soft bed, I could tell that at least. I was about to force myself up, but the voice of someone else nearby stopped me.

“This is the girl? Not what I expected”. A deep male voice stated, girl? Was someone else here with me? Something inside me was telling me it was best to pretend to sleep, and considering who I now had the spirit of… yea best to listen to the knight.

“I assure you Sir, she has one of the highest compatibility with Holy Swords we’ve ever seen. She may even be able to wield a Excalibur!”. Another male voice said, his was far younger and excited sounding. I’ll call the deep voice Broody and the other voice Squeaky, I have absolutely no naming sense. But who was the girl with me? The Entity better not have given me a sister, I’ve already had enough family issues thank you very much!

“And her family?”. Broody asked. Huh? So the girl wasn’t related to me if Broody is asking about it. Why was I starting to get a bad feeling?

“All dead Sir, I suggest the Church adopt her as an Orphan. She’s around 13, so she should easily accept the beliefs of the Church with ease if she’s ‘saved’ by them”. Squeaky explained, poor girl. She’s probably going to end up manipulated into being a puppet of the church, maybe I can try saving her?

“While such a loss of life is a tragedy, I’m sure the Lord will accept this lost lamb into his embrace. What is her name?”. Broody asked, oh finally! Maybe she’s a character I know, but it’s a bit strange they haven’t mentioned me.

“Tachie Kyrielight, apparently she’s related some old Church knights”. Squeaky explained. Tachie Kyrielight? Isn’t Tachie the name of the prototype Mash…?

“Could I get a body similar to Mash? A Demi-Servant”.

“A Demi-Servant? Sure, I’ll even throw in Galahad’s power”.

That… FUCKING ROB! I’M GOING TO FIND A WAY TO KILL HIM!

And that’s how I began my new life, as Tachie Kyrielight, in the world of dragons and perverts… I’m fucked aren’t I?

I have up to chapter 13 made, so I'll start posting those as soon as possible.
    I sadly do not have an image of a younger Tachie, but I do have this older Tachie that she'll look like eventually.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  2. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    EclipsingDragonMoon

After my inner freak out over my now missing manhood (Which would’ve lasted much longer without the… Spirit of Galahad I guess? Helping me calm down), I had started to form a plan.

I had no memories of Tachie’s (Or mine now) life, so amnesia was my best course of action. It seemed the Church was interested in me for my ability to use a holy sword, and with a bit of research they’d likely connect my family to Galahad’s bloodline, and considering he found the Holy Grail, they’d probably treat me as a saint.

While that sounded like a good offer, I had no desire to be a saint. If I do anything even slightly wrong, they’ll throw me away like trash. But there was something they could do for me, train me as a holy sword wielder, I have no combat experience and the instincts of Galahad can only help me so much. I won’t be like Issei who relied purely on power, I’ll learn how to fight with skill and technique.

I also needed to figure out how my Demi-Servant abilities work, was it like Mash where I entered a specific Demi-Servant form, or would I always have the abilities at hand? There was also my supposed Sacred Gear, The Entity seemed way too amused with whatever it had done, and I doubt that was good for me.

But what was my long term plans? Short term was training, but what about the bigger threats? I know there were tons of threats, but I only really know of Loki, Kobabiel, and Freed. Dammit! I should’ve fully watched the series instead of just reading different fanfiction. But another question, did I want to be involved in the main plot? That was best to think on once I’ve actually got some skill under my belt.

Okay so, I’ve got a Sacred Gear, Demi-Servant abilities, was there anything else I could do to increase my abilities? I’ll admit I wanted an Excalibur Fragment, but none of them really interested me, I also remember someone saying Excalibur quickly became useless. But The Entity did say it changed the world, so maybe Excalibur was stronger now?

With my connection to Galahad, I know I can’t let the Excalibur arc happen as it did! The Sword of Promised Victory in that mad-man’s hands… it sickened me! But speaking of Excalibur, surely the Lady of the Lake would want it back, so why was she never mentioned during the Excalibur arc?

While I was thinking on this, suddenly a memory came to my mind. I was walking through a forest towards a lake, and kneeled before it. Was that Galahad’s memory?! Okay I should’ve expected that, no need to freak out. Maybe thinking on certain things would bring forth Galahad’s memories? That’s my best guess.

I think it was time I stopped thinking, I could only plan so much without seeing the world for myself, and I haven’t even opened my eyes yet! Finally opening my eyes and god, I didn’t realize my eyesight was this bad! Or maybe I just had, really good eyesight now. Everything was just so… clear, it actually annoyed me with how bright and white everything was in the hospital.

Sitting up, I looked about, seems nobody was in the room with me. I got out of the bed and started exploring the room, trying to see if the Church had left anything to spy on me, and it also fit with the ‘clueless teen’ people expected.

Eventually however, some doctors and nurses did come visit me and well, freaked out. They forced me back into the bed and did a bunch of test.

“Miss Kyrielight, do you feel anything off? Any headaches? Any oddities in your body? Have you regained any memories?”. A doctor asked me, I had already told them I couldn’t remember anything, but the doctors believed I just needed rest and my memories would return slowly. Apparently I had been in a coma for around 2 weeks, thankfully not too long. But I had no family to support me, and being around 13, I couldn’t live alone. However I already know who my future caretakers would be.

Eventually however the doctors did finish, and said someone wants to meet me. A man who looked to be around 20 to 25 entered the room, he was wearing a black shirt and a leather jacket, dark grey trousers, along with a silver necklace. He had dark blue eyes and short spiky black hair, and across his back was a guitar case, which likely did not hold a guitar.

“It seems your finally awake eh kid”. The man stated, his voice calm and it seems he’s familiar with me? Have I met him before, seeing my confused expression he frowns “Guess you really did get amnesia from the fire, man that sucks. But maybe that’s a good thing not remembering parents who are gone now”.

“Who are you?”. I asked. I’m not sure how I know, but I’m certain this man is telling the truth of knowing me. But from what I overheard earlier, the Church official guy (who I nicknamed Broody), had no prior knowledge of me.

“My names Olivier Sharpe, I was a friend of your parents. I was also there when they… died”. Olivier explained, his expression pained. When they died? So it wasn’t a random fire, but something specific.

“It wasn’t a natural fire was it”. I said, not a question but a statement. Olivier nodded and sat down on a table, guess he doesn’t care for the doctors here.

“You’re parents never wanted you involved in this life, they were hoping the Church would never discover your ability to naturally wield a holy sword. Buckle up kid, I’ve got a lot of explaining to do”. Tachie’s parents were hiding her from the supernatural? At least it seems I’ve got someone on my side.

“Okay so, supernatural? Folklore? All those different religions? Those are real and very much still kicking today, your parents were once exorcist, 2 of the best. But they retired once they had you and hide the supernatural from you, probably hoping you’d never get involved with it. The day your parents died and you fell into a coma, your home was attacked by a devil, we’re not sure why yet. Your parents fought bravely and I was honored to fight with them, however even they couldn’t defeat an entire group of high class devils”. As Olivier explained things, I tried thinking of why devils would attack. Maybe they thought since we’re descended from Galahad, my Sacred Gear was the Holy Grail? That’s my personal theory at least.

“So, what now?”. I asked, Olivier frowned and sighed.

“I’ll train you, the Church has taken an interest in you. Your family is descended from the knight Sir Galahad, it basically has the Church salivating at the thought of getting you. He was a holy knight among holy knights, even got the Holy Grail. He’s also the son of Sir Lancelot, an equally legendary knight. The Church would jump at the chance to brainwash you into being a loyal pawn”. Olivier explained, and I found myself nodding in agreement. While I wanted to believe I was strong enough willed to stay myself while staying with the Church, I’m sure things would change within me, I had no loyalty to God or Heaven. “We’ll tell the Church I’ve personally taken you in as an apprentice, and I’m training you to be an exorcist and holy sword wielder. Well I will be teaching you those skills, but I won’t be drilling the love of God into you like the Church would try”.

From this conversation I’ve deduced a few things about Olivier Sharpe, he has no fondness for the Church and seems to outright distrust them. He was good friends with Tachie’s parents and wanted to take care of me to repay a debt? At least that’s how it seems. He’s ether currently an exorcist or a former one at least, not a stray if the Church would trust him to train me. And he was also likely a…

“Are you a holy sword wielder then? I don’t think that guitar case holds an actual guitar”. I asked, and with a smirk Olivier opened the case to reveal a sword I recognized, Excalibur Nightmare.

“Excalibur Nightmare, 1 of the 7 Excalibur’s. The original was broke years ago and it was turned into 7 different Excalibur. It basically lets me cast powerful illusions in the short term”. He explained, but something inside me felt disgusted by the sword, its existence was wrong. Was this Galahad’s influence? While I did want to just march over and try breaking the sword, I pushed the urge down. As much as its existence disgusts me, it wouldn’t look good to have me try destroying an Excalibur Fragment. I needed to get back to the conversation.

“When will I be able to leave?”. Honestly this hospital was already annoying me, I wanted to get out. I didn’t agree to a new life just to spend the first few hours in a hospital.

“I’ve got to sign some papers to make me your legal guardian, a small bit of hypnosis can make it quicker but we’ll probably be here for a few hours. So how about instead I get a Church lackey to do it instead and we go out for some fast food, I could kill for a burger right now!”. Olivier stated, and with that, we went out to get food (with me realizing just how hungry I actually was), while some poor Church lackey was forced to sort out Olivier basically adopting me.

A few hours later…

Olivier had spoiled me, that’s the only thing I could say. For food he had taken me to some super high class restaurant and let me order whatever I wanted no matter how expensive, although his expression when I ate a burger, salad, and an entire pizza will forever be burned into my memories! I was shocked by my new appetite, but I guess Demi-Servants need to eat a lot? Or maybe it’s just I’m a heavy eater now.

He had also taken me clothes shopping, and it was… a bit awkward at first. However I quickly figured out how to actually get dressed in female attire. I did consider just ripping off Mash’s outfit, but I’m not just going to copycat her! I’m my own person.

For my new attire, I had chosen a simple black sweater with a red skirt, grey leggings, and black shoes. I also had a red ribbon choker around my neck. While it wasn’t a perfect outfit (and wearing a skirt was weird, but I’d need to get used to it if I ever get involved with Kuoh High School), it at least looked like an outfit a normal person would wear. I wonder if Tachie’s body was effecting my clothing sense. Eh not like it’s a big issue anyway, clothes are clothes.

I had brought other clothes as well, but those could be covered later. Olivier had also brought camping and survival supplies, enough for both of us. Watching him use magic to put them into some kind of pocket space honestly was absolutely amazing! Sure it was just a pocket space, but it was real life magic! I had also gotten him to agree to teach me that spell as soon as possible.

However eventually the fun times had to end, Olivier was sent a… text? Huh, I guess some of the Church uses phones. Anyway the text basically told us to come back and sign the papers to officially make Olivier my care taker, he probably did all of the stuff today in order to try and gain my trust to make signing the papers easier.

We signed the papers, and now Olivier is officially my guardian. He also started explaining his plans to train me.

“Hero Descendants like yourself always have a natural skill towards fighting, so we shouldn’t need to spend too long on the basics, you won’t be a master fighter any time soon, but you’re not going to be a blubbering newbie. First few weeks we’ll be drilling the basics into you, and figure out what kind of weapon your best suited for, the Church wants you trained to be capable of wielding Excalibur Blessing, but fuck that. That thing is absolutely useless in combat, only thing it’s good for is rituals”. He explained, while packing supplies into a RV, my future home apparently.

The RV was colored white with black and blue details, and the inside had 3 beds, a kitchen, a seating area, and a bathroom. It also had a storage containing all of Olivier’s holy weapons, it honestly reminded me of the Rust Bucket from Ben 10. I was a bit confused why Olivier had brought camping supplies if we had a RV, but he had explained that it was in case we needed to abandon it.

“We’ll be travelling around France for a few months, and then head to a sea side town called Foyki, its actually inhabited only by supernatural and considered a neutral zone, we’ll train there for 3 months and look for anything of value we could buy. After that we’ll mostly be travelling around the world, sometimes going on missions for the Church, but mostly focusing on your training. After around 2 years of training, we’ll take you to the main headquarters of the Church to get whatever holy weapon they give you. We also need to check if you’ve got a Sacred Gear, I’m fairly certain you probably do with how high your magical energy is, but I’ve got no way to tell if you’ve got one”. Olivier finally finished explaining the plan, it was a pretty good one in my eyes at least.

“So, when are we going?”. And with that, we started our journey. I had no idea what was awaiting me, and while it scared me a bit, it also really excited me. So from this moment, the journey of Tachie Kyrielight begins!

3. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Olivier and I had been travelling for a few weeks now, my training hadn’t been anything interesting yet, mainly focusing on improving my body through exercise and teaching me about the supernatural world. I had learned quite a few interesting things, and was extremely thankful even with his own distaste towards the Church, Olivier would tell me non biased information.

I had learned where the different territory of different factions were, how to interact with them, and how to tell them apart from normal people. Apparently one of the best methods to spot a supernatural, is how attractive they are… I feel disappointed in this.

Anyway back to my training, I quickly found my body was already pretty strong, Olivier was incredibly confused by my body which was far stronger than a normal human. I suspect this was my Demi-Servant status, my body was already stronger than an average human, and I can’t wait to see how strong my Servant form was!

However, Olivier quickly beat sense back into me, my body may be tougher then a normal human, but it was no match for a trained fighter, and defiantly not a match for a supernatural. But finally, I had ‘passed’ the basics, and Olivier would start teaching me how to actually fight.

“Okay kid, we’ve finally got you past ‘newbie’ into ‘in-training’. You’d still be wrecked by anyone with actual training, don’t get cocky because you’re stronger than the average human. We’re going to head to Foyki now, whatever you do, don’t mess about with the devils there, while there are some good ones, I don’t want to risk you running into a bad one”. Olivier explained, his care for me was… really nice. My original life parents had raised me, but they hadn’t given me much affection, Olivier’s care for me was, just really great.

We drove the RV to Foyki, it was a beautiful sea side town, tons of supernatural’s just walking about, and their unnatural features fully on display. There was stalls and shops filled with magical items and enchanted weapons, Olivier had to actually drag me away from a paper dragon that was flying about.

“The main thing you need to worry about here, are the few gods that show up”. Olivier stated, and this caused a bit of worry.

“Gods? I didn’t think any gods would be interested in such a small town, even if it’s this beautiful”. I asked, confused why gods would be interested in this place.

“Not the big tier, lower divine spirits, strong and divine yes, but you won’t see them throwing around city destroying power. But gods of any tier are tricky, they have powers over nature and the world itself, but they make good allies if you can get them fond of you. But not too fond, you don’t want them lusting after you”. He explained, ah I get it now. So it was low tier gods, but they still had divinity classifying them as gods. And of course, some of them are obsessed with people, because why not.

We traveled around the town, stopping at a few shops to buy things, however one item made me freeze. It was a beautiful sculpted vase, but the image on it was anything but kind, a woman with a body that was absolutely stunning in every way, inhumanly beautiful. In her hands was a golden cup, leaking a black liquid. I’m not sure why, but this image but attracted me to it and repulsed me.

“Oh? Interested in that old thing are you lassie?”. The store owner asked. “Apparently it’s an image of the ‘Woman of the End’, an enemy of the God of the Bible, who tried to drown the world in sin. Nobody’s quiet sure if she actually existed or not, but it’s a creepy thing isn’t it?”. Woman of the End? I’ve never heard of her but, the image is so familiar.

“Hey kid we’re, done here. Stop staring at the creepy vase”. Olivier said, blinking confused I followed him. Yea it, was a good idea to leave, with that we left the shop. “Damn that thing was giving me bad feelings, wouldn’t be surprised if it was possessed by some evil spirit, you feeling okay? It looked like that thing was trying to manipulate you”.

“I… think so? It was just, I felt some kind of pull towards it, but also a repulsion. It was weird…”. I felt uncomfortable, really uncomfortable. That image… why did it feel so important, but I couldn’t think of anything!

“Hey, you’re fine now. We’re probably never going to see that thing again, it’s just a creepy vase”. With a pat on the head, Olivier brought me over to a restraint to have something to eat. Yea it was just a creepy vase, if it was something important, I would’ve heard about it in the fanfictions.

Olivier and I had a great lunch, he still shocked at how much I ate, and it’s not my fault for this! I blame my Demi-Servant body. Anyway after lunch, it was finally time to begin my real training! Olivier took me away to a forest area near the town, and pulled out a suitcase from his magical storage space.

Opening the suitcase, I saw 3 item. A sword grip, a light sword, along with a gun with what I assumed to by holy bullets, and finally 3 bottles of glowing water.

“These are the basics that any exorcist usually knows how to use, but today we’re just trying to see how you use them. Now there are a few things you NEED to know before we begin, a gun is not used for friendly sparing, there is no such thing as ‘warning shots’, if you shoot, you shoot to kill. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. A sword can be used in friendly sparing, but only if it’s blunted, never use a sharp blade in a friendly match. Holy Water has a few uses, it could be purifying, or if you want to really hurt a devil, pour this onto them and they’ll start screaming like a little brat”. Olivier explained other deeper details on each weapon, how to use them, and how to avoid hurting myself.

We first started with the gun, which I had absolutely no skill with, no dear god I was bad with this thing. I guess Galahad’s spirit couldn’t help me with a gun, and Olivier had decided that training me with a gun would be better done later.

I had better luck with the sword, I was no master but I could at least do the basic moves Olivier asked me to, probably the Spirit of Galahad once again. Olivier’s proud grin at me getting the basics so quickly was strange, how long had it been since someone’s been proud of me?

The most interesting piece however, was Olivier teaching me some tricks with holy water, well I say tricks but more in his own words ‘Fucking idiots who can’t even realize you can coat your weapon in holy water’. It was weird I agreed, it was pretty simple logic, holy water hurts demonic entities, coat a holy bullet in holy water, you’ve got a very powerful holy attack (After using magic to make sure it didn't damage the gun or mess anything up).

“Many supernatural’s are over-confident in their abilities, you’d be surprised how much they ignore a simple thing like ‘logic’. Even the church who use Guns, only use one type of gun, who cares about honor in a fight to the death? Just use a sniper rifle with holy bullets, bam, you’ve got a dead devil. C4, guns, or grenades if modified, can work perfectly well against a supernatural”. Huh, Olivier kind of reminded me of Kiritsugu with his use of modern weaponry, plus Excalibur Nightmare, he’s a real monster.

It actually made me realize WHY the Church kept Olivier about, even with his dislike of them, he’s just that good at his job. He’s intelligent, a skilled trainer, and capable of taking down high class targets. Excalibur Nightmare’s ability to cast illusions only improves all those skills.

“Hm, you’ve done a good job with your training so far, but it’s time to finally try and unlock your Sacred Gear. I’d rather avoid the life threatening method of unlocking it, so we’ll start with the simple method, think of the strongest thing you can, and focus on your desire to have some kind of similar power. Sacred Gears are driven by desire, so this should work”. Olivier’s explanation was a bit, weird? But I think I got it.

Taking a breath, I started thinking, what was the strongest thing I could think of? Obviously the Omni-King from Dragon Ball Super, but that felt to far, maybe something from Fate? With that thought, the image of a certain golden king entered my mind, thousands of weapons carried inside his infinite gate. But my mind was most drawn to an object in his hand, it could barely be called a sword, but its power could reduce all things to genesis.

O̶h̵?̸ ̸F̷i̴n̶a̴l̶l̴y̴ ̵d̸r̷a̵w̶i̶n̵g̶ ̸o̵n̵ ̷m̷y̴ ̸p̷o̶w̵e̴r̸ ̴a̷r̸e̷ ̴y̷o̷u̶?̸ ̶S̴u̷c̶h̵ ̷p̶o̴w̷e̶r̴ ̷y̷o̵u̷ ̶d̵e̷s̸i̸r̸e̶.̴.̴.̶ ̸I̴ ̶s̴u̷p̷p̶o̴s̶e̶ ̵a̷s̷ ̸a̸n̶ ̷e̷n̸t̵i̸t̸y̴ ̶o̸f̵ ̸d̵e̵s̸i̷r̸e̸,̴ ̶I̷ ̸m̸u̶s̴t̴ ̶a̴p̴p̸r̸o̵v̴e̴ ̵o̴f̷ ̵t̴h̸i̵s̵.̸.̵.̶ ̸B̸u̷t̵ ̸t̵r̵e̷a̸d̸ ̷c̶a̴r̸e̸f̷u̷l̷l̵y̵ ̶g̸i̷r̵l̵,̶ ̷I̷ ̵w̷i̴l̴l̵ ̴n̷o̵t̶ ̶b̵e̷ ̵l̴o̸c̸k̴e̴d̸ ̵a̵w̵a̴y̷ ̶f̸o̸r̶e̸v̸e̵r̵.̶.̷.̶

(Oh? Finally drawing on my power are you? Such power you desire… I suppose as an entity of desire, I must approve of this… but tread carefully girl, I will not be locked away forever…)

It hurts! IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS! WHY DOES IT HURT?! Falling to my knees in agony, a black smoky mist came from my body, lashing about and damaging the area. The last thing I saw before unconsciousness claimed me, was a worried Olivier rushing towards me.

A few hours later…

My body hurt… it really hurt, but my surroundings were soft. I managed to open my eyes and gazed around, I was in the RV? Letting out a groan I attempted to get up.

“Woah woah! No getting up kid, your body’s been torn apart on multiple levels, you’re lucky I managed to find a phenex tear in town or you’d be crippled for a few months”. The voice of Olivier grabbed my attention and I turned my head towards him. He was approaching with a glass of water and offered it, which I drunk greedily.

“What happened?”. My throat felt sore even with the water, but I managed to force the words out.

“Your Sacred Gear, I’m not exactly sure what it was, but when you used it, your body released a bunch of shadows that destroyed everything around them, harming your body as well. I had to rush you to a hospital, luckily they had some phenex tears from the devils living in the town”. Olivier explained, a phenex tear, aren’t those extremely expensive? And… Olivier brought one for me without hesitation… “Hey kid, stop with the tears, you’re absolutely worth a few phenex tears”.

Tears? I’m… crying? Lifting up a hand I wiped away the tears.

“Sorry I’m just… have I ever said I’m really thankful to you?”. I said, and with a smile Olivier pat me on the head, it was slightly annoying but I could deal with it, it was nice…

“No need kid, no need. How about I just cook something quick and simple, and I tell you some stories about some of the missions I’ve gone on?”. He offered, and with a nod of agreement from me he started cooking and telling me of his first encounter with a vampire.

A different pov…

She had been trapped here for so long, nothing to feed on or entertain her, however now, something new had occurred. She had felt her prison shift, and a connection form to another, what sweet emotions… however her meal wasn’t ready yet, it needed to mature and taste true despair first.

Licking her red lips, she couldn’t wait to turn this girl into her new vessel. That foolish deity thought her gone, but you could never erase humanity’s deepest desire.

It would take time, but she had all the time in the world.

4. Threadmarks: Chapter 4
    EclipsingDragonMoon

I had been training for 2 weeks now at Foyki, Olivier had been teaching me different tricks and how to wield a sword, and we hadn’t tried using the guns again, or risk my Sacred Gear after the disaster when we awakened it.

However today, today Olivier would finally begin my training in magic, and I was beyond excited! Who hasn’t dreamed of using magic at least once? However once we started I very quickly became worried.

“Magic works by calculations, it was created based off the Demonic Power of devils, which works on imagination. It was apparently created by Merlin, court wizard of Camelot, because of his half incubus and being based off devils power, many in the Church heavily dislike magic. However that is only the ‘common’ magic system, there are other magic systems with their own methods and techniques, it’s even possible for someone to create their own personal magic system, but you’d have to take years to create something”. Olivier explained, creating a magic circle in front of his hands, and firing a blast of light towards a patch of roots, glowing it to pieces.

Wasn’t magic in DxD all calculations? I’ve never heard of creating a personal magic system, but I guess it is unreasonable to expect everyone to use a system created by Merlin, after all he’s not that old.

“Does that mean I could make a magic system?”. I asked, if I could, this gave me ideas.

“It’s best for you to learn the basics of at least the common magic before trying to develop your own system. Let’s start with learning how to channel your magical energy, it’s done like this…”. With that, I spent till dinner learning how to channel magical energy. However when it was night and Olivier went to sleep, I snuck out to practice.

The idea of developing my own magic system, it wouldn’t leave my head, I know I’ll probably never have the level of power required to clash with a god, but if I can counter that with having unique techniques, I could possibly win.

I could channel my magical energy into things, so I decided to borrow from Naruto for this training idea. Grabbing a leaf from a tree, I placed it on my forehead and tried keeping it there with magic, the first test resulted in the leaf falling to the ground instantly… and turning to dust, oops.

I kept trying the exercise, while it was probably stupid using a training system from a completely different franchise, at least I was improving my magic control even if this wouldn’t work. The leaf sometimes fell, sometimes turned to dust, but a few times it did stick to my forehead for a bit, this could work!

I spent a bit longer practicing, and decided I’d tell Olivier my training plans tomorrow, I’ve seen a lot of stories were people just keep everything secret, sure I wouldn’t be telling Olivier the truth of my existence, but I’m not going to keep simple things like my training a secret.

With that, I went to sleep for the night. However my dreams would not be kind tonight…

Somewhere else…

I was in… a city? It was a city, but it was ruined, everything was broken, with a black sludge covering many things. This was a land ruined by sin, my mind screamed at me, it was a beacon of civilization, corrupted by a monster.

“True, but I’m rather fond of it”. The voice was seductive, beautiful, and I just wanted to listen more… GAH! What the hell just, happened?! I was listening to the voice and the Spirit of Galahad seemed to, shock me? Turning around I stared at where the voice came from, and felt true fear.

She appeared as a child, with blond hair and red eyes. Her body had many draconic features, including a tail and her legs were completely scaly. She held a golden jeweled cup that constantly leaked a black sludge, her clothing could barely be called that, it was more a few stripes of fabric. I knew who she was… and it terrified me.

[​IMG]

“The Whore of Babylon…”. Why was she here, why was one of the Beasts here?! I’m sure if this was reality, I’d be having a panic attack regardless of Galahad’s calming spirit. While as fiction they were extremely interesting antagonists, but as reality? They were terrifying, each capable of utterly destroying the world and changing it.

“As much as I enjoy those emotions you’re producing, we have more important things to discuss”. The voice of… I’m just going to call her Draco, I’m not going to call her whore even if that’s literally her title, grabbed my attention again, however this time I was able to not fall into it. I had to stay strong here, the second she senses weakness, I’m sure Draco will pounce on it.

“What do you mean?”. I tried keeping my voice calm, but I’m sure some fear sneaked its way through with Draco’s smirk.

“Have you not realized it yet? We are inside your Sacred Gear, or at least a part of it. And I’m sure you can guess what that means”. Draco replied. This was… my sacred gear, and the Whore of Babylon is sealed inside it, this was…

“You’re the entity sealed inside my gear”. A statement, there was no question about it. That bloody ROB sealed Draco in my gear… wait she said this was only a part of my gear? “Only a part?”. I asked, where there other things here.

“Seems you have a little bit of a brain inside that head, yes I am indeed inside this… Sacred Gear, a creation of THAT man… The God of the Bible. However I am not the only entity here, simply the only one awakened, you can blame that curious little vase for it”. Draco explained, God of the Bible? So The Entity made it so the God of the Bible created this gear, or at least people think he created it.

The creepy vase from before, so it was Draco in her adult form on it, or at least it resembled her enough to awaken this bit of my gear. But what are the other entities in the gear?

“Other entities? I thought Sacred Gears could only contain one entity”. I’ve never heard of a Sacred Gear containing multiple entities, and from the way it’s been said, it’s more than one.

“Indeed, but this gear is… unique. If you wish to know their identities, you must find a trigger to awaken them, as you did me”. A trigger? And I have no idea who is sealed, so I can’t search for specific triggers. But my attention was on something else, she was being weirdly helpful.

“Why are you being so helpful, I very much doubt someone who achieved Beast status would be”. I asked, and her face formed into a smirk.

“It’s simple, I desire negative emotions to feed upon in order to return to my full glory. As much as it pains me to admit so, I cannot do this myself, while I can feed on your own negative emotions, it would take far too long using just yours. So I will propose a deal, I will grant you the abilities this Gear will allow me to give you, and in return you’ll be capable of harvesting negative emotions for me. A simple deal no?”. Draco explained, I could use abilities from her? But was it worth it, she was an Evil of Humanity, and letting her power return to what it was, would I unleash her upon this world? I know DxD was strong, but Draco was a Beast…

“I’ll agree on 3 conditions. 1, if we make a deal, you obey it to the letter. 2, you won’t try influencing me with your powers. And finally 3, if you any of the other entities in my gear awaken, you’ll tell me”. It was a simple deal, and I’m sure Draco could find ways around each thing, but it’d least let me have a small safety net. If I proposed anything to unreasonable, I’m sure she’d deny it.

“A simple agreement, very well I shall agree. But as a sign of good faith, I will warn you overuse of my abilities will change you”. Draco agreed, and with that, a deal was struck. Whether I’d regret this or not, I had no idea.

“Alright, what abilities of yours do I have access to?”. I asked, I’m really hoping for something that would equal the Red and White Dragon Emperors. I doubt even if she had something equal to the Boost and Divide, Draco would give it to me however.

“You’re body isn’t strong enough to use many of the abilities I have, however you can use my ability to absorb negative emotions, using it to heal yourself or boost an attack. Of course this ability is only equal to how much negative emotions are nearby, against a saint it’s utterly useless”. Draco explained, okay that is, much worst then I thought it’d be. Even as a Demi-Servant, my body just couldn’t handle that level of power huh? Would my Servant form be better? I still need to test it honestly.

“Hey do you, at least know what the name of my Sacred Gear is?”. I’d at least like to know that, having a name to the gear would be great. But from her silence, it seems even Draco didn’t know.

“I am unaware of the true name of this Sacred Gear, however I am aware of what my set of powers is called. Aurea Poculum: Golden Grail, a fake Holy Grail that grants the selfish desires of humanity, fitting is it not?”. Draco said with a smirk, and with that final sentience, my vision started darkening. “You’re waking up now… I’ll see you soon, my little saint…”.

With those last swords, my vision darkens fully and I enter the waking world.

In the world of the waking.

Ugh, my body aches. What was that dream… I’ve got the fucking Whore of Babylon sealed inside my soul, this was… I can’t tell Olivier, he’d do everything to make sure I never used her power, maybe even tell the Church. Draco is the enemy of the biblical faith, a queen who governs over desires, some Church zealots would try killing me no matter what.

I know this was kind of hypocritical of me considering earlier I said I’d be honest with Olivier, but how the hell am I meant to tell him I have Draco in my soul? Maybe once we’ve bonded enough I can, tell him, he’s been kind to me but I’ve known him for only around a month now, maybe after a few more months I can trust him with this.

Getting out of bed, I grabbed a simple breakfast of some cereal and an apple, around half way through my meal Olivier woke up and joined me with a sandwich. I informed him of my idea to try a making a magic system.

“So you, a new magic user, wants to make her own magic system? Don’t you feel your trying to overachieve here kid?”. He asked, and I took a few seconds to think.

“I’m not that strong, and as a human, I’m not going to be capable of super high level powers. So I’ll need to use tricks and strategy to beat them, isn’t that what you do?”. I replied, trying to use his own thought process to get him to agree with me.

“Tachie. I know as humans we’re usually seen as the weakest race, but that’s just not true. Legends like King Arthur, Lancelot, and Galahad. They were all human, we are in no way the weakest race, we just need to train and use what we’ve got. You’ve also got multiple things going for you, the blood of Galahad and Lancelot flows through your veins, and even if it’s a bit… dangerous, I’m sure one day you can learn to use your Sacred Gear without hurting yourself. So don’t ever think humans are the weakest race”. Olivier explained, it was… inspiring, so what if I was human? I could reach the level of a god if I worked hard enough!

“Thanks Uncle Olivier”. The affectionate title left my lips without meaning to, but considering the smile on Olivier’s face, I don’t think he minded. Although I couldn’t stop the embarrassed look on my face.

“Heh, no problem kid. How about today we work on your magic ideas, I’ll help where I can but I’m not that good with magic”. He offered, and I agreed with a nod. Many of my ideas for my magic system took from different anime’s I’d seen admittedly, I wonder if I could re-create Hamon…

A few hours later, in the Hoyki shops.

Olivier had decided to check out the shops for anything of use, I hadn’t noticed anything of interest to me however. We were currently in a shop selling swords, a few of them magical but most of them normal.

“Nothing interesting you girl?”. The store owner asked, a look of confusion in his eyes. “Most people would at least be interested in the magical swords, but you’ve barley shown any interest”.

“Ah, it’s just… when I heard this shop sold magic stores, I expected something more”. I replied, and the store owner smirked.

“Perhaps our greatest sword will interest you? Follow me”. Feeling intrigued, I followed the store owner to a corner with a glass case and looked at the sword inside. My eyes widened in shock at the sight of it. “Ah, there’s the look of interest I was waiting for, this beauty is the prize of my store, it’s not the strongest sword but it’s defiantly a rare one”.

Sitting inside the class case, was a crimson blade with a unique design. But most of all I recognized it, and I wondered if it was fate finding it here.

“Aestus Estus… the sword of Nero Claudius”. The name left my lips with a gasp.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  5. Threadmarks: Chapter 5
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Before this chapter begins, I need to say a word to everyone who thinks “Hey, with Draco shouldn’t Tachie be really op and powerful?”. No, Tachie not only needs to train her body to be able to withstand Draco’s powers, but overuse of her abilities could corrupt Tachie.

Watching nature pass by in the RV, I think it was time to go over how my training had went. We had stayed in Foyki for 3 months, once I had acquired my new weapon, Olivier had seriously started teaching me how to wield a sword. Even with my Demi-Servant status, every sparing session left me with bleeding cuts and painful wounds.

If I could say nothing else, my sword skills had improved drastically, I wasn’t a master but I could defiantly hold my own against a few exorcists or low level devils. My magic training didn’t go as well, but I have learned a few basic spells such as the storage one Olivier regularly used, where I kept Aestus Estus and my holy water supplies.

My attempts to learn to shoot with a gun… I could aim if given enough time, but I still missed most shots. Olivier had told me ‘I was the worst shot he’s ever seen’, which geez thanks Uncle. My Sacred Gear training was… I could at least use its most basic form, but I couldn’t seriously train with its negative emotion absorbing ability until I enter a fight with a foe who actually harbours those emotions against me.

The most intense part of the training was the psychological aspects. Olivier had me kill multiple small animals in the woods and skin them, along with giving me about a dozen speeches on how killing is sometimes necessary but not something to be enjoyed or reveled in.

However our training time had been cut short, Olivier was required to go on a mission with major important, and he couldn’t leave me alone, so yay? I didn’t feel confident on my first mission, but I guess it needed to happen eventually.

*So what’s the mission?”. I asked Olivier, hoping to prepare myself before we arrived.

“Small cult, they call themselves the ‘Embrace of the Moon’ and are obsessed with both said celestial body, and vampires. They have a few members who are vampires, but it’s a small number. Apparently their trying to awaken some ancient vampire weapon, our job is to take them out and reapply any broken seals”. Olivier explained. A vampire cult? That can’t be good in any way, but we should be able to deal with them pretty easily with some holy water and blessed weapons, and I could finally really test Aurea Poculum.

We drove for a few more hours, discussing our plans. Olivier would distract a large portion of the cult with a few explosives and illusions, letting me deal with those who remain. But Olivier did give me a talk before we arrived.

“Tachie, there’s a high chance you’ll be killing someone tonight, or watching someone die. I know some of your training has been to mentally prepare for this, but if you need to retreat, retreat. I won’t have you risk your life for something like this, got that?”. Olivier told me, nodding in agreement I know it was best to just listen here.

Eventually, we arrived at the location, an old abandoned factory, it had been cleared out of most things with ritual circles set up everywhere around a coffin. Olivier had set up a distances away, with orders for me to only attack once most of the cultists have left to investigate the explosions he creates.

The sounds of explosions in the distances and the sight of cultists rushing in the direction they came from filled me with nerves, I was honestly terrified of taking a life, but did I really have a choice? This was a world where even the kindest people, wouldn’t hesitate to kill an enemy. Staring into the factory, there was around 6 cultists remaining, chanting to finish whatever ritual they had been doing. I had no more time, I had to act now!

Summoning Aestus Estus from its magical storage, I leapt through an already shattered window and brought it down onto an unsuspecting cultist. It was… so quick, to quick, the blade just, cleaved his head from his shoulders so easily. I’ll admit I froze when a bit of blood splashed on my face, which is how I got with a painful lightning spell.

Shuddering from the lighting coursing through my system, I barely managed to react in time from 2 blasts of fire, slashing Aestus Estus into them to disperse them. This was enough to finally shock me back into action, I could have a breakdown later!

The 5 remaining cultists, only 3 of which were attacking while the other 2 continued with the ritual. Looking at the blood red writing on the ground, in some language or magic symbols I wasn’t knowledgeable of, I attempted to bring Aestus Estus down onto them, but I had to stop in my attempt to avoid another blast of lightning.

Should I activate my Sacred Gear? These guys probably had quite a large amount of negative emotions aimed at me, with a small thought red scales spread across my arms, hands, and my left eye, which from my memory of checking a mirror, had also turned purple.

Ugh! What is this weird feeling energy… is this the negative emotions aimed towards me? I couldn’t even begin to describe how it felt, absorbing these emotions. I could both feel myself become stronger, and my annoyance towards these pests grow.

Readying my sword, I actually threw it spinning towards 1 of the cultists attempting to aim a spell towards me, the beautiful blade cutting him in half before returning to me. The sight of his bloody pieces caused a smirk to come across my face, a fitting end for such a pathetic existence. The other remaining cultist cast multiple beams of darkness towards me, but my blade was alight with flames and cut through the darkness.

Rushing towards the cultist, I pierced his chest with my flaming blade, aaahh what delicious despair! Turning to stare towards the last 3 cultists, oh? It seems their ritual is almost done, we can’t have that can we? I walked towards them slowly, best to Savior their despair and emotions. 1 of them broke off from the ritual and fired a blood red orb of energy towards me, ducking to the side to avoid it, I rushed forward and delivered a fatal slash across the cultist’s throat.

Just 2 left, I suppose the fun was ending now, I had wasted enough time with fun. I didn’t let them have enough time to even think on it, I cut off 1 of their heads with a quick slash. The final cultist finally stopped the ritual with the last of their allies dead, his eyes filled with fear and despair… but not as much he should be.

“Y-you fool! You may kill me, but our great cause will live forever! Hail the lord of the Moon!”. What a pathetic last speech, I simply killed him with a stab to the chest. How disappointing, these cultists had been weak prey… OH GOD WHAT DID I JUST DO!?

Oh god oh god, what just happened?! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! I-it was like I tasted a small bit of their negative emotions, and it was… addictive, and it felt so good. Was this what Draco meant when she said her power had corruptive qualities? I’ve never experienced this while training with the Sacred Gear…

I took a few minutes to just, calm down from that. I’m sure I know what will haunt my nightmares for a few weeks. After my threat out, I noticed something worrying… the ritual circles were glowing, and a blast mist was coming from the coffin… and a shadowy mist covered hand just broke through.

The creature had a female looking body shape, hard to tell with the black mist constantly covering her. Her eyes were a glowing crimson red that sent chills down my spine, while her hands were claw like. But the most terrifying amount? She was producing an insane amount of magic, far more than anything I had ever encountered so far.

I was frozen, shaking at the sight of this… demon. My mind couldn’t think of her as anything else, a demon who had escaped from the deepest pit of hell and was going to kill me, so much blood-lust, it was almost visible in the air.

Nobody’s pov…

Tachie was shaking in fear at the sight of the Shadow Beast, she couldn’t have reacted in time anyway even if she was of calm mind. At a speed far surpassing anything she could manage, Tachie could only stare with horrified eyes at the claw in her chest. Coughing out blood, Tachie fell to the ground, her vision rapidly darkening.

With its prey dying, the Shadow Beast started walking away, seeking fresh prey, however… a fist slammed into the Shadow Beast, sending it flying back. Standing up seemingly fine, Tachie’s wounds were completely gone, while her eyes had turned red, but the most eye catching feature was her new outfit.

It was a black and dull red suit, with bright red lines going across certain parts. It covered her completely from the neck down. One oddity however were her feet, the suit had a heels instead of a flat bottom.

[​IMG]

“Foul creature… has thou wished for death?”. Tachie asked, her voice had an echo to it, grabbing Aestus Estus from where it had fallen from her grip. Settling into a combat stance, the girl rushed towards the Shadow Beast, delivering a slash across its chest.

The Shadow Beast screech and brought down a clawed hand, clashing with Tachie’s blade. However it had to leap back when Aestus Estus was set alight with crimson flames, burning far brighter then when Tachie had used it before. With a determined look in her eyes, Tachie prepared herself for battle.

Unknown to all, the wheel of fate began to turn… and change.

6. Threadmarks: Chapter 6
    EclipsingDragonMoon

The Shadow Beast and… Tachie, stared each other down. Red met crimson, and with that both rushed forward. The Shadow brought its claw down at Tachie, who moved to the side and delivered a small cut across its cheek, but no blood spilled from the wound.

The earth rumbled and spikes of stone emerged from the factory floor towards Tachie, unable to avoid them Tachie took the blow as best as she could, and then threw the spinning Aestus Estus towards the Shadow, which knocked the meteoric blade away, slamming into and getting stuck inside a wall.

Now without a weapon, Tachie had to avoid a claw slash from the Shadow. Jumping backwards, Tachie grabbed a rusty pipe and ripped it out from the machinery it was connected to, it wouldn’t last long, but hopefully long enough for Tachie to grab Aestus Estus.

Rushing forward, Tachie swung the rusty pipe towards the Shadow, slamming it into the beast’s chest, causing it to let out a shriek of pain and be sent back. Throwing the pipe like she had done her sword many times, it distracted the Shadow long enough for Tachie to run towards Aestus Estus, grabbing the meteoric blade and barley reacting in time to avoid another wave of stone spikes that almost pierced through her body.

Tachie was strong yes, but this Shadow Beast seemed to be stronger. But, what was a hero? There was many ways to be considered a hero, but one of the most famous, was someone beating the impossible. A hero must surpass their limits, to mark their name upon a history as a legend.

Aestus Estus was set aflame, and Tachie stared at the Shadow Beast, rushing towards her, shrieking the entire time, claws ready to kill. Charging towards her foe, Tachie slashed across its chest, leaving a burning red mark, but her attack wasn’t done yet. Summoning a bottle from her storage magic, Tachie threw it towards the Shadow, shattering and spreading the holy water and glass shards across it.

Shrieking in pain, the Shadow Beast flailed about as red cracks spread across its body, its body was slowly falling apart into black dust. But still its crimson eyes stared into Tachie’s own red, it wouldn’t forget her, it would remember… and it would have revenge.

Tachie lifted Aestus Estus into the air, and with a final swipe, the Shadow Beast was split in 2 across the chest, and finally turned completely into black dust, which blew away in the wind coming through the holes in the factory.

Aestus Estus returning to her storage space, and her strange outfit returning to what it once was, the red fading from her eyes, Tachie fell to the floor, soft breathing the only evidence she was still alive.

Inside Tachie’s Sacred Gear…

Ugh, what just, happened? I was fighting the shadow thing and… how the hell did I fight like that? It felt like my body was on autopilot, but wasn’t? Okay calm down, think what just happened.

First, I rampaged while using Aurea Poculum, and the ritual was complete, unleashing that weird shadow creature. At first it had reacted to fast for me to do anything, it almost killed me, but after falling to the ground, something within me had awakened.

I had transformed into my Servant form for the first time, my strength, speed, and durability had increased massively, but I was still weaker than the beast. I’m sure if it wasn’t just rampaging, I wouldn’t have lasted even a minute. My body was also running on autopilot, likely the Spirit of Galahad influencing me heavily.

The Shadow Beast was defiantly some kind of vampire, it was hurt more by both fire and holy water, but it was unlike any vampire I’d ever seen or heard of. Maybe it was just, some special experiment or something, I’ll ask Olivier about it when I’m back in the normal world.

Huh weird, Draco hadn’t said anything while I was just, sitting here in the Sacred Gear. Maybe she was just, pleased with having so many negative emotions?

“Many? You’re barley offered me a sliver of negative emotions”. The enchanting voice of Draco grabbed my attention and I turned to stare at her, she still looked completely the same, and had an expression of displeasure.

“What? But I felt those guy’s emotions, they were producing tons”. I replied, I remember the addicting taste of their despair, it was intoxicating.

"Do you really think the negative emotions of such a small group of humans, would be enough for me? I am one of the 7 Evils of Humanity, I need far more to acquire anything of worth”. Draco explained, ugh, I guess she was right. And that means I need to use her abilities far more, if I don’t give her enough negative emotions, I have no idea what she’d do.

Mine and Draco’s relationship was, odd. I knew she was dangerous and would probably try something to free herself from my Sacred Gear, or corrupting me. While Draco was helpful to me, it was only for herself she was helping me.

“So, why am I in here? Did you just bring me here to tell me to get you more negative emotions?”. I asked, confused why I was in this mental realm, dream? I’m not really sure what the inside of my Sacred Gear is.

“No, something about that entity was… familiar. Strangely familiar, but I am sure I’ve never seen it before”. Draco said, her human arm moving to rub her head while her expression was pained, was she having a headache? I guess if Nero got them, Draco would as well.

“Are you okay? Do you have a headache?”. I questioned, it was a bit weird being worried about a Beast, but we’re stuck together, her becoming worst mentally wasn’t good for me.

“Just a remnant of my weaker self, a mere annoyance, it shall become no issue”. Draco replied, just a mere annoyance? No, I need to crush whatever care I’m developing for Draco, she was an Evil of Humanity, a Beast. A threat to the world itself.

I needed to stay focused, maybe if it was Nero instead of Draco I could trust her, but Draco was all the darkest aspects of Nero. I need to remember that, as much as I wanted to trust her, I couldn’t.

My vision started darkening, it seems I’m waking up…

“Now then Little Saint, what will you’re next move be…”. Huh? What was Draco on about?

In the waking world…

“Tachie! TACHIE WHERE ARE YOU?!”. The worried shouts of Olivier forcibly awakened me, staring about I seemed to just be, besides some rubble. A bit too close for comfort honestly, I could’ve been crushed in my sleep! I tried getting up, but a rush of pain went through my body, okay maybe some help would be nice.

"Over here!”. I shouted, Oliver came rushing over, I must be a worst sight then I thought with how he paled at the sight of me.

“What in the world happened? For a few minutes a crazy amount of magic was being produced, the next it just fades away, and I find you here looking like you got in a fight with a meat grinder and lost!”. While Olivier was ranting, he was using his knowledge of healing magic to heal me to the best of his ability. A meat grinder? I wasn’t THAT bad, I could already move again and managed to stand up with unsteady movements. Olivier could heal, but he wasn’t the best at it.

“I’m… not sure what I was fighting, it was weak to fire and Holy Water, but I could… no I couldn’t keep up with it, I’m certain the only reason I’m alive is because it was berserk. If it had any self-control, I’m sure I’d already be dead and that thing would be rampaging about”. Even in my Servant form, it was still stronger and faster than me. My only advantage was my durability and the fact it was a berserker.

“Okay, we’re… going to have a meeting with the Church, sooner then I hoped but after this incident, they’re going to want full details. And I have many questions I want answered”. Olivier explained, meeting the Church huh? I really hoped we’d have more time before meeting them, while I know the Church wasn’t as bad as some fanfics made it seem, it was still filled with plenty of corruption and power hungry idiots.

“So, instead of dealing with vampire obsessed cultists, we have to deal with the Church… can we go back to the Cultists?”. I joked, causing Olivier to smile. We may be heading for trouble, but I’m sure as long as we worked together, we could handle anything that comes our way!

Bobbibp, MJM4444, SinOSloth and 45 others like this.
  7. Extras: Omake: Mash Alter 1
    EclipsingDragonMoon

So I like making Omakes, so here's an omake!

Ritsuka stared at the new Servant, he had been investigating this Singularity and been separated from Mash. However even he was confused how in the world this had happened!

“How many times do I have to tell you? No I’m not Mash Alter! My name is Tachie! TACHIE!”. The black-haired red eyed version of Mash shouted at him. Her outfit wasn’t a perfect match for Mash, more a skin-tight suit then the armour Mash wore, but the weapon in her hands was without a doubt Lord Camelot.

“How do you have Lord Camelot then?”. Ritsuka asked, confused why this girl who was clearly a version of Mash, kept denying it. Da Vinci had even confirmed her spirit origin was exactly the same as Mash!

“Because I’m the Demi-Servant of Galahad? Not my fault that stingy bastard won’t give me any swords!”. Tachie replied, she was the Demi-Servant of Galahad? This was starting to give Ritsuka a headache, this girl was a perfect match for all the information details of Mash. So somehow she was ether a perfect but alternate copy of Mash, or she was Mash with modified memories and appearance?

The 2 had meet a few minutes ago, with Ritsuka rushing towards her and giving her a hug, exclaiming how thrilled he was to find her again, only for Tachie to punch him and start shouting about not touching her and demanding who he was. Da Vinci had tried figuring it out, but from her Spirit Origin to her appearance, she was a perfect but alternate version of Mash, the Universal Genius had suggested perhaps Mash had been transformed into Tachie by some type of corruption.

“Mas- Tachie, are you sure the name Mash isn’t familiar to you?”. Ritsuka said, perhaps it was better to try subtler methods of figuring Tachie out.

“I will admit it sounds… familiar. But I can tell you with 100% conviction, I have never met anyone with that name”. Tachie admitted. So Tachie found Mash’s name familiar, but was convinced she’d never met anyone with it? Well you can’t meet yourself (Unless you’re a Heroic Spirit), so that did make sense.

“Tachie, could we speak to Ritsuka privately for a few moments?”. Da Vinci asked, with Tachie nodding in agreement and walking further away. “As much as it pains to admit, Tachie’s existence confuses me. Her class is Shielder, her Spirit Origin is a perfect match for Mash, and her appearance besides a few details is a perfect match. I’d say she’s an Alter, but she’s too similar to be an Alter! But she may be able to lead you to answers, you have no other Servants with you and she seems just as powerful as Mash. So just try solving the Singularity with her, and hope we can figure it out”.

As worried as Ritsuka was for Mash, he had to agree with Da Vinci. He still thought Tachie was Mash in Alter form, but clearly the girl was getting angry with him using the name Mash Alter, so it was best to just call her Tachie.

Meanwhile Tachie was wondering what in the world she had done, to somehow end up in Fate/Grand Order, and where the hell was Mash?!

8. Threadmarks: Chapter 7
    EclipsingDragonMoon

We had been driving for a few days now towards the location the Church wanted to meet us at, the Vatican. We were heading to a Church power house, and I literally had one of the Church’s greatest enemies in my soul, did I mention I was freaking out? Because I’m freaking out!

I’ve not been able to hide my inner panic that well, however Olivier had assumed it was because my connections to Galahad that caused me distress. Which I won’t deny was another cause of stress, it also made me ask a question that had been bugging me for a while.

“I have a question, when did Galahad have kids?”. I asked, from my memory Galahad was such a holy figure because he lived as a virgin until ascending to Heaven or something like that.

“Oh that? Well… nobody’s sure. Your family was discovered around 200 years ago, it caused the Church tons of confusion and panic, but also they tried getting your family to deepen ties with the Church as much as possible. The Church started investigating all over for any other descendants of Galahad, but your family is the only one they’ve found. Galahad never ascended to Heaven or bullshit like that, all that’s really known is a while after finding the Grail, Galahad just, dropped dead”. Olivier explained, wait so… how in the hell was I related to Galahad in this world? Did The Entity just create a family 200 years ago with Galahad’s DNA?

Or was something more sinister going on? Dammit I’m already dealing with whatever secrets are inside my Sacred Gear, but now I’m finding out that my new family has secrets as well? One thing at a time, get this trip to the Vatican over with and then I can start trying to figure things out.

“How’d they deepen ties with my family than?”. I was curious about that… and really hoping I don’t discover I have a fiancé, because I will murder someone if that’s the case.

“Weapons and training mostly, tons of super naturals would want the descendants of Galahad for 1 reason or another. Although I distinctly remember when you were younger, your parents got a ton of marriage requests, of course all of them were refused, your old man was… to put it lightly he was protective”. First off, thank god I have no secret fiancé. Second off, where are all the weapons? “The Church took back all their weapons when you fell into a coma, something about ‘A little girl could hurt herself with these’, it’s just an excuse for them to take their weapons back”.

Great, so I could’ve had a bunch of powerful weapons, if the Church hadn’t taken them all? I really am starting to dislike them. But that leaves one last question.

“What weapons did they take? Is there anything I can get back?”. I asked, if there was anything that belonged specifically to Galahad, maybe I could convince them to give it to me?

“Well there’s Clarent, the sword that was used by Mordred, the traitor of Camelot and King Arthur’s son. I don’t think it has any powers, but it’s a strong sword without a doubt. Carnwennan, a dagger that belonged to King Arthur that could cloak its user in shadows. The Ring of Transformation Sir Gareth possessed, along with the Red Sword of Sir Ironside who was also just known as the Red Knight. You also had Failnaught for a while, but that was gifted to the Pendragon’s a few years before your birth. Your family has been searching for Arondight and the Round Table for years, but sadly those 2 have been lost since Camelot fell”. Oliver said, we had THAT many weapons? And the Church took them all!? Looks like I have another goal, gain those weapons back. But this did lead to another question.

“Pendragons? So my family aren’t the only descendants of Camelot’s knights”. I replied, did my family have any connections to the Pendragons?

“Your family and the Pendragon’s have had a… odd relationship, the past few and current head of the family seem to expect your family to be completely subservient to them. They were also furious when your family refused to hand over all their weapons, I have no doubt the Church is going to hand over a few of them in order to get some good will with the Pendragons”. Olivier said, the Pendragon head’s expected my family to just, serve them? Did they think just because we’re descendants of Galahad that we had to obey Arthur’s descendants? Is everyone in this world arrogant or something?

Wait, what about that spear? Did the Pendragon’s have it?

“What about Rhongomyniad? King Arthur’s spear”. My question caused Olivier to look at me with a confused expression.

“What about it? The only thing special about it was the fact it was used to kill Vortigern and Mordred. Honestly I never understood why King Arthur kept it, it likely had some kind of magical ability but nothing impressive”. Olivier’s words confused me, then I remembered, this wasn’t Type-Moon. My powers may have been from the world of Type-Moon, but that didn’t mean Rhongomyniad was special here.

“I was just wondering if there was anything special about it, but I guess it’s just a normal weapon”. I replied, it was kind of disappointing that the Tower at the End of the World didn’t exist here.

“Alright, well we’re almost at the Vatican. The Church won’t want you listening in on private matters, so you’ll have to stay outside. Maybe talk to some people? There are a few people around your age you can speak to”. Olivier’s suggestion was with good intent, but I don’t feel comfortable around kids. I understand my body is now around 13 to 14, but my mind was much older. I guess it’s something I’ll just have to get used to.

We eventually arrived at the Vatican, I’ll admit it was a beautiful site but I felt uncomfortable here, really uncomfortable. What was going on? I wasn’t a devil or had demonic power, so why did I feel so uncomfortable here?

Nobody’s pov.

“Well I need to head to the meeting, when it’s time to head out I’ll send you a text to meet me here”. Olivier explained to Tachie, who nodded to the plan, her guardian leaving to the Church meeting leaving the black haired girl alone to wander the streets.

Wandering about the streets, Tachie had to admit she was incredibly confused. She saw holy water being given about regularly, exorcists wearing their… suits out in the open. She even saw an angel! Then again it was an angel with only 4 wings, but still it was an angel walking about and nobody was freaking out!

“You look confused kid”. The voice of a man said, if Tachie she’d put his age possibly in the 40’s. With tanned skin and blue eyes. “There’s a magical field around this place, basically the people who are aware of the supernatural see it as it is, while those who aren’t only see things as normal”.

“Really? But wouldn’t that require an immense amount of magic? And a lot of control to only target certain people”. Tachie asked, her eyes widen in wonder. The man smiled and began explaining.

“It’s powered and run by an ancient artifact discovered around 300 years ago by the Church, although nobody had seen this artifact themselves. Quiet amazing don’t you agree?”. The Man said, Tachie gave a hum of agreement and a farewell as she walked away. After Tachie had walked far enough away, the man pulled out a phone and started calling someone.

“The target is here, should I proceed?... very well. When do we unleash the beast?... 15:00, understood”. The man said, a cruel smirk on his face as his eyes flashed red…

Short chapter this time, don't worry we have MORE CHAPTERS COMING!

9. Threadmarks: Chapter 8
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Olivier pov.

By God, I hate these meetings. Listening to a bunch of priests and zealots go on and on about different plans and plots, I’m a follower of Heaven, but even I think some of these guys are too far.

Such as Wallace, short ugly guy with teary blue eyes and short blond hair. He’s constantly going on about ‘How we must wipe out the devils’ and shit like that. I have no idea how a guy like him keeps getting in on these meetings.

Thankfully Father George keeps these meetings on track, his long brown hair matching well with his brown eyes. His current attire of priestly clothes didn’t exactly mix well with the powerful knight I know he was. I’d admit he’s one of the few good non corrupt people here, a true champion of righteousness. Ah wait? Was he saying something?

“Olivier Sharpe, may you please inform us of how your mission went?”. The calm voice of Father George brought all the different arguments and talking to an end, with everyone’s attention turning to me.

“I was given the mission by Lord Palewood, to exterminate a section of the ‘Embrace of The Moon’ cult, a moon worshiping cult who have been causing issues for multiple factions lately. Because of a lack of any to look after her, I had to bring my apprentice Tachie Kyrielight along. I distracted a large majority of the cult, leaving Tachie to face 6 members”. I began my explanation, but Wallace cut me off.

“You left a little girl to face 6 members of a dangerous cult by herself? How very much like you Sharpe”. Wallace’s insults made me tighten my grip, he didn’t give a single flying shit about Tachie, and he just wanted to insult me.

“As I was saying. I cut down the rest of the Cult, but I sensed a large amount of magic where Tachie and the 6 cultists were, I rushed back as fast as I could but was too late to see any of the action. By the time I arrived, Tachie was in a bad condition and I had to give her quick medical attention. By her word, the cultists unsealed some kind of shadow monster and Tachie barley managed to take it down with a mix of fire and holy water, after its defeat the monster turned into black dust that blew away in the wind”. My explanation caused many to look at each other and begin discussing, much of it being if such a young girl really defeated the shadow monster. There was also some talk of taking her away from me, but they quickly shut up after a quick glare.

“It seems you’ve raised quiet a powerful apprentice Olivier, the last living descendant of Galahad. I hope you’ve not just been forcing her to train constantly?”. Father George asked, I considered telling him it was none of his business, but there was no point in causing an argument here.

“Of course not, I’ve actually had to psychically drag her away from training some time, she defiantly inherited her old man’s training drive”. My reply caused George to nod, thankfully the meeting left the topic of Tachie after that.

The group spent a few more minutes talking, with me giving my opinion now and again. I just wanted this meeting over and to get Tachie out of here, I know someone will try something if we stay here too long.

Suddenly the sound of explosions and the feeling of magic filled the air, a messenger rushed into the room and people started shouting, we were being attacked? Who in the world was crazy enough to attack the Vatican, but I quickly realized something.

I leapt over the tables and chairs between me and the exit, running as fast as possible. As I ran I ignored the screaming citizens being attacked by people in silver cloaks, monsters summoned by spells and laughing vampires. Normally I’d at least stop to help out the worst of it, however my mind was only on one thing.

‘Tachie’s out there alone in the middle of this! Goddamn it! I should’ve insisted letting her stay nearby the meeting, please be safe kid!’. Thankfully even in my rush, I always brought Excalibur Nightmare with me. I don’t care however holy the Vatican was, I never left without a weapon.

I felt it before I saw it, an overwhelmingly powerful magical aura and a sensation of pure dread. Rolling to the side I barley dodged the blow of a large broadsword, I slashed Excalibur forward and was met with a broadsword blocking my blow. Stepping back to gain some distance, I finally got a good look at the bastard in my way.

It appeared to be some kind of black armoured knight, but he was far larger than almost anyone I’ve met in my life, I could see nothing of his face. His entire body was covered from head to toe in armour, with the only way to see being a red visor which seemed to glow in an ominous light. The Black Knight also gave off a shadowy mist that seemed to constantly cover his body, while his broadsword had red vein-like lines across it.

[​IMG]

This guy, he wasn’t an ordinary fighter, I’d almost say he was feral from how he’s standing, but he’s holding that sword with the grace of a master. Dammit, if this guy’s in my way then, I’ll take him out!

Using Excalibur Nightmare’s illusions, I created 3 copies of myself while turning invisible, the plan was simple, have the 3 copies distracted the black knight while I went in for the kill. At least, that was what I had planned. As the 3 copies surrounded the knight, instead of attacking them, he rushed right towards me!

I managed to block a slash with Excalibur, but the sheer force behind it almost sent me flying, what the hell is this guy made of!? Was this some type of Sacred Gear? He saw right through my illusions and attacked with devastating force, looks like I’ll need to pull out some more tricks.

Casting some enchantment spells to increase my durability and speed, I rushed at the knight and tried to pierce him with the tip of my blade. The clank of metal on metal was painful on the ears, but I had long gotten used to this noise. However the attempt to pierce my opponents armor wasn’t the goal here, instead it was this. I channeled a lightning spell down Excalibur Nightmare sending it directly into my opponent’s Armor.

The Black Knight flailed about a bit, I barely managed to leap back to safety. But the knight recovered quickly and rushed towards me swinging, I leapt onto the blade and stabbed my still electrified blade towards the visor of the helmet. But the knight leaned back and I had to jump off his blade, while in the air I readied another spell, however I wouldn’t use it on the black knight.

A scream of pain grabbed both mine and the Knight’s attention, turning in the direction… and I saw red.

Tachie’s pov, a few minutes ago.

Walking about the Vatican really was an experience, the supernatural was just, so obvious here. It actually felt a bit freeing in a way, I was around people like me, people who know of the supernatural and understood it.

I was walking about when I heard the screaming and smelt the smoke. Looking about I saw a bunch of demonic looking beasts rampaging about, who was crazy enough to attack the Vatican!? Wait no, I need to help people!

Summoning forth Aestus Estus, I charged at a black furred dog like creature with horns. I brought down my blade but fur of The Beast had some kind of incredible defense considering how little damage my attack did. The Beast roared and breathed a wave of fire towards me which I avoided by leaping back.

I activated Aurea Poculum, red scales forming along my body with my left eye turning people. I could still only use the negative emotion absorption, of course it was useless as no negative emotions were aimed directly at me. However while I can’t absorb negative emotions, there was something else I could absorb, despair. Even if it wasn’t aimed at me, I could still absorb despair from people around me.

Feeling my strength increase I leaped into the air above the dog like beast, bringing down the now on fire blade I pierced into the beast’s skull. Letting out a final dying whimper, the beast fell down, dead. However I was surprised by something, some type of black dust coming off the dog monster and being absorbed into my body? What in the world?

“Ah, so you’ve finally found that little feature, you took your time”. A sudden voice in my head caused me to freeze, barley reacting in time to block a claw strike from another dog like monster. Why the hell am I hearing Draco’s voice outside my dreams?!

‘What’s going on? Why can I hear you outside my dreams? I thought you could only talk to me there!’. I thought, trying to send this as a message to Draco. I’m not quite sure how telepathy works but I’m hoping just trying to focus my thoughts on Draco and hoping it works.

“Simple, you’ve finally acquired enough energy for another of my abilities to activate, such delicious despair you’re surrounded by, and from the followers of Heaven none the less, how sweet”. Draco’s reply sent both chills down my spine and excited me, I wanted more power but strengthen a Beast was worrying, I’ve just got to hope she stays trapped in my Sacred Gear.

‘And what is this new ability? It has something to do with the black dust right?’. I asked, I didn’t feel any changes after absorbing the black dust. I leapt back from the monster I was currently clashing with, I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

“Indeed, normally that ability would let you absorb souls, however this ability has instead been weakened to absorbing energy from foes you kill. However the energy goes to me, another way to restore my power”. Draco explained, okay being honest I’m glad it doesn’t absorb souls, I don’t think I can sacrifice peoples souls to Draco. But keeping the energy for herself? Guess her main focus is regaining power, not helping me.

However the conversation was abruptly as another dog monster charging towards me, horns ready to pierce, I set Aestus aflame and threw it spinning towards the beast, cleaving through it. Running forward I grabbed the returning Aestus and charged towards another dog like monster, something I noticed was almost all the monsters in this area were the dog like monsters I’ve been facing this entire time.

Was there some kind of Sacred Gear or magic summoning these guys? Or did someone just capture a bunch and unleash them here? I wanted to spend time figuring it all out, but the growl of beasts and the sound of many footsteps made me ready myself for more combat.

Bobbibp, MJM4444, Levky and 40 others like this.
  10. Threadmarks: Chapter 9
    EclipsingDragonMoon

(A note before we begin, I’ve decided just call the Black Knight/Berserker Lancelot look alike Berserker for now, as I’m tired of thinking of different things to call him instead of a name).

His mind screamed, as did his body. He wasn’t in pain, so why did everything hurt? Staring around, his vision tinted red, Berserker screamed at the sight of a man. Who was this man? Something screamed he was familiar, Berserker KNEW him! But it hurt, trying to bring those memories back. So the black knight did the only thing he could, he screamed and charged the black haired man.

Berserker brought his broadsword down on the man, who rolled to the side to avoid it. O̶l̶i̴v̸i̸e̴r̵ slashed his sword forward (FALSE! IT WAS FAKE! MOTHER HAD IT!), but Berserker countered with his broadsword (Its name, why can’t he remember its name?!), blocking the slash. O̶l̶i̴v̸i̸e̴r̵ stepped back, taking a few seconds to look at the maddened knight. For some reason, the expression of fear hidden even as it was from O̶l̶i̴v̸i̸e̴r̵, it made the pain increase, why did the sight of this man haunt Berserker so much?

The (FAKE! LIES! CANNOT BREAK!) Sword of O̶l̶i̴v̸i̸e̴r̵ glowed, creating 3 illusions of the man, but the sight of the mad warrior could not be fooled. Berserker charged forward and brought (IT’S NAME! REMEMBER ITS NAME! WHY CAN’T YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING!?) His sword down, but the man (His name it’s… Olivier, Olivier Sharpe, why… why did I know that!? WHO ARE YOU!?) Olivier blocked the blow, but was pushed back from the power behind it.

A magic circle appeared under Olivier, causing him to glow. After the spell was done, the guardian of Tachie charged forward with far more speed and attempted to pierce Berserker. However the blow still wasn’t enough to pierce the black knight’s armour, but it was enough for something else. Another circle was created above Olivier’s hand, and a surge of lightning was sent down (THE FAKE!) blade, shocking Berserker.

Flailing about, the maddened warrior screamed, the pain was worst! WHY WAS IT GETTING WORST! Swinging his sword at Olivier, the church warrior actually leapt onto it, attempting to pierce the visor of Berserker’s helmet. Berserker may have been half mad, but even he could recognize the danger of this attack, moving his head back to avoid it. Olivier (He’s… why is he important? I know he’s important, but I can’t tell why, please someone… tell me!).

However before Berserker and Olivier could clash again, they were cut off by a scream (That voice, I know that voice… it belongs to something precious). Berserker completely ignored Olivier and turned, the sight caused the pain in the mad warrior’s head to increase tenfold, but it couldn’t hope to match his rage.

She was small, too small to be on this battlefield. Her black hair fluttering about while her mismatched eyes glared at a dog-like monster with horns, holding onto her chest that had a bloody wound across it. Berserker knew despite how bad it looked, it wasn’t a lethal wound, but it would likely scar.

But the sight of a black haired girl would be replaced by another, of a white haired young man, carrying a gigantic shield instead of a sword (My son… my daughter… MY CHILD!). The vision of Berserker kept changing, one second the black haired girl, the next the white haired man. The pain increased, but his rage far surpassed it.

Finally Berserker said it, the first proper word he’d say that day, distorted by the black mist and armor, but it was undeniable what he said.

“G̶A̵L̴A̴A̴H̵A̴A̸D̶D̷!̵”. Berserker screamed, the broken halves of his twisted mind in agreement, protect them! DESTROY THE ENEMY! Lifting his broadsword he charged, his speed a blur made his movement seem like teleporting, one second he was besides Olivier, the next he was cutting down the dog-like monsters.

The mad warrior rampaged, no beast or magician who met his wrath survived, all driven by the one thing he knew to be true. Lance du Lac would protect Tachie, Lancelot du Lac would protect Galahad.

While fighting Lance/Lancelot would notice Olivier taking Tachie away, while some part of him wanted to charge and impale the man taking his daughter away, the rest of him said that Olivier would protect the last of his family.

From there, the artificial reincarnation of Lancelot roared at his enemies, raising the sister sword of the True Excalibur, Arondight shined with a corrupted holy power.

Tachie’s pov.

It happened way to fast, I had been fighting the dog monsters for a good while now, and one finally got a good hit on me. A bloody wound across my chest, I know my Sacred Gear was already working on healing it, but it hurt like a bitch!

But it didn’t end there, suddenly hearing a distorted roaring voice saying ‘Galahad’ and a black knight was killing every single dog monster, he was so fast but I could still tell his appearance… It was, Berserker Lancelot?! What in the world, what was a Fate Servant doing here, I should be the only thing close to a Servant here! Wait think, he probably just looked like Berserker Lancelot, yea that makes more sense.

It seems Olivier had also arrived with the… Berserker, and he was… dragging me away? Huh but I was okay, his mouth was moving but he wasn’t saying anything. That’s strange, it’s getting rather dark… oh, it seems those monsters were poisonous... dammit...

Olivier’s pov.

Tachie was poisoned, those fucking dogs were poisonous! Dammit dammit! I’m not skilled enough in healing magic to deal with poisons, but I know somebody in the Vatican who was. I never wanted to speak to that man again, but I didn’t have a choice!

I prepared to rush to the location I know that man would be, but I had to run out of the way of a blast of lightning from a magician. I couldn’t fight and keep Tachie safe! But I wouldn’t have to worry.

A simple looking silver sword cut through a blast of lighting aimed at myself and Tachie, a man wearing bronze armor with a white cloak, his long brown hair flowing in the wind.

[​IMG]

“Are you alright Sir Olivier? It would seem you are in trouble”. The voice of Father George was a godsend, the wielder of Ascalon seemed to shine with a holy light.

“Yea, Tachie got hit by one of the dogs, they have poison in their claws, fast acting as well. I need to bring her to a healer fast Father George”. I explained quickly, Father George frowned and cut apart another spell aimed at us.

“How many times must I insist on you calling me George old friend? But I’m afraid we don’t have many free healers, all of our Twilight Healing users are already being overworked, you’ll have to take her to a normal healer I’m afraid”. Fa- George said. Good thing I already know the man I plan to bring her to will be free, the sick bastard is probably watching this all in amusement.

“Don’t worry, I have somebody in mind, even if I’d rather never talk to him again”. I replied, George looked confused before an expression of understanding and disgust appeared.

“Him… I suppose you have no choice in this case, but please be careful, that man is dangerous”. George’s last words before I left were completely true, but I had no choice, Tachie needed a healer!

I started running, carrying Tachie in my hands, I tried keeping her stable as possible with my limited knowledge of healing magic, but I needed to hurry!

Eventually though, I arrived at the last place I wanted to be. It was a section of the Church, with only 2 people. One was a white haired girl, her golden eyes staring in curiosity and amusement, she was probably only a little younger older than Tachie. But it was the man next to her who sent chills down my spine.

His hair was brown as were his eyes, but while George’s eyes shined with kindness and understanding, there was nothing in this man’s eyes. It was if I was staring into a void of infinite darkness that no mortal could hope to understand.

“Greetings, Olivier Sharpe, it’s been a long time hasn’t it?”. His cold voice, empty as his eyes echoed around the room.

“Cut the crap, Kirei, you know why I’m here”. As I said the name of the man, Kirei Kotomine smiled.

[​IMG]

“Indeed, your apprentice is in need of healing correct? I’m sure the Twilight Healing users can deal with such a thing”. Kirei said, oh trust me if I could, I wouldn’t bring her anywhere close to you.

“You know their overworked, so begin the healing!”. I commanded, laying Tachie down on a table. Every instinct inside my body screamed to run away with Tachie and never come back as Kirei approached. I had to struggle to not attack as Kirei started examining her.

A magic circle appeared above his hand, glowing onto Tachie whose expression became uncomfortable. He had to do this to heal her, that’s what I had to keep shouting at myself mentally. Her body started glowing white all over… but a spot right next to her heart, it glowed a vicious, bloody red.

“Oh? How curious, your apprentice’s Sacred Gear is… I’ve never seen anything like it, it actually appears to be rejecting, no negating the power of faith based magic”. Kirei’s expression had become something incredibly rare to see on his face, curiosity. But his words were worrying, Tachie’s gear could negate faith based magic? Why the hell hadn’t she told me it could do that… did she even know it could?

“A Sacred Gear created by God, that negates faith based magic? Why would he create such a thing”. I asked, something was off with her Sacred Gear, I’d have to talk to her later. Right now I needed to make sure Kirei focused on healing her.

Slowly a purple liquid started emerging from Tachie’s body and forming into an orb in the air, the poison being drained by Kirei’s magic. However neither of us were prepared for what’d happen next.

I should’ve interfered when I saw the red sparks, but I was too distracted by making sure Tachie was being drained of Poison. The red glow on her chest started sparking with red electricity… that fired into Kirei.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even spend a second thinking about Kirei, and I just rushed to ensure Tachie was okay. After making sure she was, I turned to Kirei, who was being helped up by the white haired girl. The expression on his face was… I’ve seen many terrifying things in my lifetime, I’ve seen monsters that would give even the strongest of men nightmares, and yet the sight of Kirei Kotomine looking at Tachie with what I could only call an expression of twisted joy, it made my body turn to ice.

“Hahahaha… oh my, to think… hahaha! Miracles truly do exist… Rejoice Olivier Sharpe! Rejoice for a true miracle is before our eyes! A Longinus Sacred Gear not recorded by any other in history! A Sacred Gear that negates the miracles of Heaven!”. The laughing voice and words of Kirei would haunt my nightmares for years, and the first hint of what Tachie’s Sacred Gear truly was would change my world forever.

Bobbibp, TapeMan, Levky and 36 others like this.
  11. Extras: Omake: Mash Alter 2
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Tachie was strange, that was something Ritsuka found out in the first few hours of knowing her. She wasn’t as passive as Mash, if anything she was far more aggressive, she didn’t feel like a Shielder Servant. The way she wielded Lord Camelot was different as well, she seemed… inexperienced with it? Yea that was the best word for this. The Last Master of Humanity had seen many fighters, and Tachie seemed more a swordsman than a shield user.

“Hey Tachie, are you… Used to Lord Camelot? You don’t seem to be experienced with it”. Ritsuka eventually asked, with Tachie turning to glare at him. Sheesh, why did she seem to be so angry? It seemed like she had a personal issue with him. Her expression softened, trying to hide her anger, but if there was anything Ritsuka was really good at, it was reading people (But he couldn’t realize half the females of Chaldea were madly in love with him, including his kouhai).

“I am more experienced with a sword and a gun, I… only got this shield when I was summoned, but I am aware of its powers and abilities”. Tachie replied, a gun and sword combo? That was unusual. Mash didn’t have experience with guns (Why did he get a bad feeling from those words?), but she was surprisingly skilled with a sword, something Lancelot had only been too eager to help her with.

Ritsuka still wasn’t sure exactly what Tachie was, was she a corrupted Mash? Was she a Mash from an alternate timeline? Or did she have absolutely nothing to do with Mash? It was beyond confusing for the master.

Another thing to note was Tachie’s refusal to enter a contract, she was clearly starting to run low on mana but refused even a temporary contract with Ritsuka. The Shielder had insisted she’d be fine, but he doubted that.

He wanted to help, but Tachie just refused any attempts, how could he help someone who didn’t WANT his help?

Things weren’t easy on Tachie’s side ether, before this entire mess started she was on a mission with, ugh, Issei and Vali (Why did Azazel put the 3 of them together? She hated working with them both), and after a blinding flash of light while fighting some magicians, she woke up here as a Servant!

Meeting Ritsuka had been weird, her head felt woozy. She also kept having flashback to memories that weren’t hers, of spending time in Chaldea and talking to Doctor Roman and Da Vinci, of spending time with Senpai… these were Mash’s memories and it was worrying Tachie. Was this some sort of bleed over effect similar to what happened with Shirou and EMIYA? But Mash was nowhere about! It’s also why she refused entering a contract with Ritsuka, what if entering a contract with him made these flashbacks worst?

But Tachie knew, she needed mana and she needed it soon. What would happen if she ran out of mana? Would she turn back to her non Servant form? Would she… disappear? She wasn’t in the Throne of Heroes, Alaya didn’t exist in her world. Maybe she’d return to her world, this all being a bad dream… but Tachie wouldn’t take that risk.

However both Tachie and Ritsuka would have to worry another day, for their time of peace was over.

“Ritsuka! We’re detecting 3 Shadow Servants! Prepare for combat”. The voice of Da Vinci over the communicators startled them both into action. Without even realizing it, Ritsuka slipped into the mind-set of fighting with Mash.

“Tachie, ready yourself. We have no idea what Classes we’re dealing with, so be careful!”. Ritsuka explained, Tachie nodding along, struggling to avoid saying ‘Yes Senpai!’, those were Mash’s traits not Tachie’s.

“Ready for combat, please stay behind me Ritsuka”. Tachie said, and with that they would begin their first battle together, trying to solve the mystery of this Singularity and what had happened to Mash.

12. Threadmarks: Chapter 10 (Interlude)
    EclipsingDragonMoon

This chapter is an interlude, so please enjoy this glimpse into other parts of the world of DxD!

??? Pov.

“Hyaaah!”. The voice of a young girl shouted, slashing her sword awkwardly towards her opponent. Her mostly blond hair pushed about by the wind, 2 brown pieces of hair on her said almost resembling dog ears. Her marine eyes were large and expressive, while her face seemed to have a permanent blush to it.

Her opponent remained silent, an older man and wielding a dulled sword. He countered her slash with a single swipe of his blade, disarming the young girl. With swift movement he held his blade to the girl’s throat.

“Yield Gareth, you cannot beat me”. The man’s voice was cold, but the girl, Gareth, just glared at him defiantly.

“I can! I just haven’t found the right weapon yet!”. Gareth said, she had been struggling for a long time with finding a weapon that suited her. Not helped by her so called ‘family’ giving her weapons that were meant to fail, all because she was born a girl!

“What you should be focusing on is the skills that’d actually be useful in life, a woman does not belong on the battlefield. You could be devoting yourself towards almost anything, business, fashion, hell I’d even accept you becoming a mage! But a knight? A woman cannot be a knight!”. The voice of her trainer, her father shouted angrily.

Lotson was a proud man, a knight of great renown who had clashed with many monsters and always returned alive, he inspired charisma in his men and was a great tactical leader. But if there was one flaw this man had, it was his belief that a woman could not be a knight or even a fighter.

When his daughter was still in her mother’s womb, he had decided to name her Gareth, expecting a boy. While he was not saddened to gain a daughter, it did mean he had nobody to pass his legacy to. Gareth had shown determination to prove her father wrong, and was rather skilled, however she simply could not find the weapon right for her.

Lotson had tried many tricks to get his daughter to give up, but each led to failure. When he refused to train her she simply snuck away to train. When he wouldn’t give her a proper weapon, she’d train with whatever she could get her hands on. It was not that he hated Gareth, it was just that he could not change his belief to accept Gareth on a battlefield or as a knight.

Lotson had finally decided, there was only one way to stop these silly dreams of Gareth becoming a knight… Even if as a father, he dreaded it.

“Gareth, tomorrow you will meet your new fiancé”. The words were sudden, cutting. More than once Gareth had heard talk of her parents trying to get her a fiancé, but she thought that had been a joke!

“F-father! I will no-!”. Before she could complete her refusal, her father cut her off.

“You will! I have told you time and time again to give up on your silly dreams of being a knight! You have forced this situation, you will meet your fiancé tomorrow, and after that your mother will discuss the wedding plans with you! This situation is FINAL!”. With that last roar of sound, Lotson left the room, leaving a shocked and shaking Gareth behind.

This situation wasn’t out of nowhere, it had been building for a while. Gareth’s parents had met through an arranged marriage and were quiet happy together, so they were certain while Gareth would rebel for a bit, she’d eventually find the same happiness they have.

Gareth hated it, she was usually a positive girl but her relationship with her family had been soured for a long time now. She just wanted to be a knight like her namesake! Her family was said to be descended from knights of Camelot, it even filled her dreams! Going adventures on with other knights, meeting King Arthur and joining the Round Table, these events had long filled Gareth’s dreams for so long they felt almost like memories.

She couldn’t stay in this place any longer, she refused to be a damsel for some random guy she’d never met! Going towards her room, she opened her wardrobe and started changing into a new outfit. By the time she was done, it was hard to recognize her.

The most recognizable aspects of Gareth were her hair and hands, which she never really found it so, many commented she had beautiful hands. Her hair was hidden by a black baseball cap, with her hands covered by long black gloves. She wore a green shirt and a cream colored jacket over it, her legs covered by untorn jeans and her feet having some white sneakers.

While it wasn’t a perfect disguise, it hide her most recognizable features. Thankfully she hadn’t started growing in the chest area yet, so it was rather easy to make herself look more like a boy, a beautiful boy but still a boy.

While Gareth wasn’t the most knowledgeable on magic, her father had insisted on her at least learning a reinforcement spell to ensure she didn’t go splat the moment someone with enhanced strength hit her. It was probably one of the few acts of care he had done.

It was also the perfect spell to ensure she was fine jumping out the window, escaping from this prison she had called a home for most of her life.

From this day on, Gareth would devote herself towards being a knight… and maybe meet some awesome knights! A smile on her face, pure and joyful.

??? Pov.

‘Good’. The entity thought as he watched Gareth run away from home, she had suffered far too long inside what was supposed to be her place of safety. It’d take some more subtle manipulation to have her meet Galahad, but those 2 would be safer together. Lancelot may freak out once he sees Gareth, but his child’s presence would calm his insanity.

The entity still needed to find the other reincarnations. Oh? It would seem Lotson has already sent guards to look for Gareth, we can’t have that can we?

With but a thought the sky started bringing down rain, as if an angry god had decided to unleash their rage onto this town. Lightning howled in the sky, a storm raging within the clouds.

The Wild Hunt would soon begin, and its hunters had already been unleashed.

??? Pov.

??? Pov.

“So what you’re saying is, not only did you fail to retrieve the weapon, BUT YOU ALLOWED IT TO BE DEFEATED BY A MERE CHILD!?”. The voice of a man with white hair and red eyes, wearing an outfit that looked like it belonged to a stereotypical vampire movie.

The room was filled with a long black table, seated at it was many men and woman of different varieties. Some looked like children, while others were elderly. But one thing they all shared? Sharpened teeth with 2 larger fangs, and red eyes.

This was the Council of the Moon, the leaders of the Lunar Embrace, a cult Tachie and Olivier had dealt with before.

The messenger who had told the council of this news shook, he was but a lowly mage and stood before a group of extremely powerful vampires. All who were furious and seemed eager to tear out his throat.

“Lord Daos? Is something the matter?”. A vampire asked to the man at the end of the table. He was an old man wearing ceremonial robes with a wooden staff clutched in his hands. He had an expression of… joy?

“Congratulations human, you have found us something truly valuable… so I will make your death quick”. The old, but powerful voice of Daos echoed around the room. The mage tried to run, but before he could even realize how, his head was already separated from his body. He was dead before he even realized.

“L-lord Daos?!”. Another vampire asked, while many of them were furious, Daos had always simply watched the meetings unless an artifact directly related to the Great One was before him.

“Do none of you see?”. The voice of Daos was filled with excitement, staring at the images of Tachie and Olivier that the mage had brought them. “That girl… truly, the Great One has blessed us today!”.

“Lord Daos? Forgive us but our sight is not attuned to the deeper things as yours”. A female vampire asked, her eyes shining with curiosity.

“This girl is a weapon, a weapon that God hide away in fear of what he had created… and shall be our instrument to strike down the Biblical Factions!”. Daos exclaimed, and began to explain to his followers.

Truly, the Great Lord of the Moon had blessed them, first with the child and now with this, a weapon capable of destroying the world as it was known.

??? Pov.

Hildr was confused, as one of the Original Valkyrie she was saved only for the most important of duties. Despite Lord Odin’s attitude becoming more… relaxed over the centuries, he still didn’t pull out any of the truly powerful Valkyrie of Asgard unless he had a good reason.

Instead of being sent to watch over a battlefield, fight a monster, or even guard something, instead she was watching over some girl from the church? Lord Odin had even gifted her a cloak that turned her truly invisible, not even the mages of the Church able to sense or see her. However, that Olivier man had reacted to her presence more than once, perhaps his experience with illusions had given him a deeper sense for it?

It mattered not, she would complete her duty and watch Tachie Kyrielight, perhaps she would become a hero? She had already displayed the potential, she was the reincarnation of Galahad and had a powerful Sacred Gear. A normal mage or even an angel would not be able to tell this, but Hildr? One of the Original Valkyrie who was created to scout for the souls of heroes? To her it was as clear as day. It mattered not the dangerous, downright demonic power leaking from Tachie’s Sacred Gear, as long as she was a hero…

Strange, did Hildr want to see Tachie become a hero? It would be pleasant to get to watch over a proper hero again, this age was lacking in heroes. Even those abominable Sigurd clones weren’t close to the man who stole her beloved older sister. Yes, watching Tachie become a hero would be… enjoyable.

At least Hildr got to explore the modern world while watching Tachie, she had rather come to enjoy those ‘video games’, especially the first person shooters…

Perhaps she could convince Lord Odin to include guns to Valkyrie weaponry?

ARK7860, Bobbibp, TapeMan and 36 others like this.
  13. Threadmarks: Chapter 11
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Another short chapter, but please still enjoy

Tachie Pov.

Uughhhh, my body hurts… and I’m in my Sacred Gear Again, god dammit! Looking around, I expected some insults or something at least from Draco, but I couldn’t see her or even feel her presence.

“Draco?”. I asked aloud, getting no response I started exploring, something I had a lot of opportunity to do. The ruined city seemed to exclude a sense of sin, but why it a city? If this is really inside my Sacred Gear, shouldn’t it be something that reflects me? Or did it reflect Draco?

I kept walking about, exploring and finding nothing. It was frankly disturbing, seeing a city so dead and corrupted. But the most disturbing part? The longer I stayed here, the more it felt like… home.

Why? Why did it feel like home?! It was wrong, it was destructive, and it was… familiar. I-I needed to wake up or find Draco quick.

“DRACO! WHERE ARE YOU!? GET OUT HERE NOW!”. I started shouting panicked, something was going on and I needed to find out what! Run, I needed to get away, get away from what!?

I ran around for a while desperately trying to find Draco, but eventually I found… something. It started with hearing light footsteps, I quickly stopped to listen. It seemed close by, but I could tell it wasn’t Draco, she just had this… presence you could feel from a mile away.

Walking, I slowly approached the noise of footsteps, but I had to hurry up as the footsteps got faster. They were running, but from what? Me? Eventually however I caught up to the runner, and let’s just say I was surprised.

She was young, probably around 6. She was wearing a white dress that went well with her long black hair and black eyes, it took me a few seconds to actually realize, but she looked what I’d imagine a younger Tachie to look like. What in the world was going on!?

“W-what?! B-but Tachie shouldn’t… what’s going on”. I said aloud, I remembered my conversation with The Entity who gave me this life, he said I wouldn’t replace any and instead it’d be changed so I was always Tachie. Sure I didn’t have any memories of before mine… Tachie’s accident, but there shouldn’t be a younger version of Tachie in my head.

For some reason it just caused the younger Tachie to frown and make a come along motion before starting to run again. Desperate for answers I chased after her, she was pretty fast and didn’t seem to care about all the spikey rubble on the ground, she didn’t even have a scratch on her.

Eventually we ran so far we actually left the ruined city, we were still following a road so I assumed we were going somewhere, and I was right. We arrived at the ruins of an old house, still in good condition but it seemed to be damaged from fire? She entered the house so I followed her.

Even burned it was clear this was once a very nice home, a living room with furniture and a proper place fire, a large kitchen in the corner and stairs up to the next floor. But it the fire place that gained the most attention, on top of it was tons of pictures… of Tachie’s family.

The most attention grabbing was the tallest among them, a man who was extremely familiar to anyone who’s played Fate/Grand Order. Lancelot… no he was, Lance du Lac, not Lancelot, they just looked alike. He was my… Tachie’s father.

Next was an almost adult besides Lance, looking like a slightly younger version of Olivier. He had a nervous grin on his face, probably from being included in the family photo.

Tachie’s mother was… was… wasn’t human. That was my only thought as I stared at her, the fluffy wings on her head a sign of a Valkyrie from Fate. She was wearing a beautiful white dress and had long black hair going to her knees, her kind grey eyes seemed to shine through the picture.

I-I don’t understand, Tachie doesn’t have any non-human traits! I ran my hand through my head just to make sure I didn’t suddenly manifest the wings Valkyrie have on their heads, which of course I didn’t. Olivier said my… Tachie’s mom was an exorcist!... did he lie to me?

W-wait maybe this, wasn’t a family photo? But that woman really does look like me… Reincarnating or whatever you want to call me becoming Tachie was weird but acceptable, she’s fine. But, the idea that I may not be fully human was… terrifying.

Okay think, if my mom really was a Valkyrie, Olivier must have a reason to stay quiet. Maybe it was a secret? After all I doubt a Valkyrie was welcomed to the church. Or maybe he lied about my mom also being an exorcist?

Or… maybe Olivier didn’t care at all, after all he dislikes the church a lot, but who says he’s any different from them? Dammit! I want answer!

“You! Why’d you show me this, is it even real? Or are you just fucking with me. What even ARE you?”. I demanded answers from the, little Tachie. She finally said her first words to me.

“Silly, you’re being silly”. She replied, a younger version of Tachie… my voice. What’s going on I, didn’t keep thinking like this earlier, what’s going on? “Look at the picture”. Her words grabbed my attention and I turned to stare at the picture.

I couldn’t stop myself, tears started flowing as soon as I realized the one thing I missed in the picture. The child Tachie, she was sitting right there, happily smiling besides her mother. Why was I crying, I don’t feel sad! But the tears kept falling.

It finally snapped into place, what was going on. I should’ve realized it, things aren’t as simple as just Tachie coming into existence when I came here.

“You’re… me, the other half of Tachie. The one who represents my memories, Tachie’s memories. That’s why my heads been so weird since I’ve got here, and why that city is ruined. It’s not Draco’s influence, it’s my mental state isn’t it? You brought me here to show me my family”. I’m not sure if I was entirely correct, but my other half nodded with a smile.

“Yep! We’re Tachie, and it’s time you fully awaken!”. She replied, unknown to me my eyes had turned the red they would in my Demi-Servant for. What I was currently thinking was what she meant by awaken.

“What do you mean? I’m already capable of using my Sacred Gear and I don’t think we can even use a Balance Breaker yet”. I asked, I can’t think of any other ways I’m not ‘awakened’.

“You’re Servant form! We can’t use it at will yet. It’s our mental state, you’ve played the role of Tachie, but you’ve not really become Tachie. We’re one and the same, you need to accept everything to get your full power”. She explained. So I’ve not been accepting myself? I… yea, yea I’ve not really have I?

I’m Tachie Kyrielight, whoever I was before is still a part of me, but who I am now, is Tachie. I don’t know if I’m fully human, but if I’m not? It doesn’t change anything, I’m still me.

I don’t think fully accepting every aspect of myself will be instant, but recognizing the problem is the first step.

“Than….”. In the middle of my thanks I turned to look at my other self, but she was gone. You know, I’m going to take that as a sign of improved mental health. Talking to yourself was NOT healthy.

My dream world started fading away, I was waking up. I don’t know what’s going to happen next, but I’m going to try and do my best!

When I was writing this I felt as though it may have been forced it places, but hopefully it's still enjoyable. but before i end this chapter, I have a little bit of info for this AU for you guys.

The Original Valkyrie and the New Valkyrie.

Now I’m sure some of you are wondering from last chapter, what exactly is going on with the Norse Valkyrie? It’s rather simple actually.

There are 2 types of Valkyrie, the Original Valkyrie and the New Valkyrie.

The Original Valkyrie are based upon *REDACTED*, they were created by the Chief God Odin as his daughters who lived more as machines than living entities. However once an Original Valkyrie has tasted love, they begin to change and become more human, because of this they lose much of their divinity.

The New Valkyrie are not artificial creations, but rather different human or close to human races that have trained under the Original Valkyrie’s. They are arguably weaker than the Original Valkyrie’s, but this really depends on the Valkyrie.

As there are so few Original Valkyrie remaining, Odin mainly keeps them in Asgard protecting their most important treasures and weapons.

As for Brynhildr, she’s the Fate version design and personality wise. However she was also met the same fate of Suicide by flames. She is considered the most respected of all Valkyrie even now, but perhaps in this modern age she may rise again…

This does mean there’s no silly “Brynhildr” title given to the strongest Valkyrie, as that was just… stupid.

Bobbibp, Levky, Teraten and 29 others like this.
  14. Threadmarks: Chapter 12
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Waking up was, very uncomfortable, my body ached and I had a painful headache. Forcing my eyes open and my body up, I looked around the room and saw a sight I hadn’t hoped to see again, a hospital room. Although considering how some of the stuff here is clearly supernatural, I guess it’s a magical hospital?

I got out of bed with no issues, I was wearing a simple hospital gown and checked around the room for my clothes, finding nothing. So I simply shouted how I was awake and some staff came running in, I won’t bore you with the medical talk and stuff and get to when I was let out.

Olivier was apparently in another meeting, so I was on my own for a bit. But one of the doctors here had suggested if I want to get the ‘Cobwebs out’ as he put it, to visit the Church training area. Not sure a doctor should be telling me that, but considering this was an anime world…

I quickly got dressed in an outfit I was given, apparently some clothes Olivier had left, knowing I’d want as quick as possible out of the hospital gown.
    I was now wearing a black t-shirt and some blue jeans, along with some sturdy brown boots. Good clothes for combat.

The Church training area was like everything in the Vatican, out in the open and visible to everyone. I could see Exorcists training and fighting.

Now I know I don’t have much to stand on with my Servant form’s outfit, but these guys look like their actually trying to seduce the enemy! Their clothing was way to skin tight for my comfort. I am incredibly glad Olivier did not make me wear any stuff like that.
    But my attention was quickly grabbed by something else, something that ignited rage within me.

She was a girl around my age, with violet eyes and chestnut coloured hair in short twin tails. But it was her sword, THAT sword that inspired rage in me. It resembled a katana, but something inside me told me exactly what it was.

The girl was currently sparing with some black haired guy, but knocked him out quick. Good, that makes this easier. So I quickly rushed over and shouted, trying as best as possible to hide my rage.

“HEY! You still looking for someone to spar with?”. I asked, the girl turning to look at me and frown. Huh, thought she’d be excited to spar with someone else.

“Uhm, I’m sorry but I’m not allowed to spar with guests. You don’t have any weapons ether and –“. She started explaining, however I cut her off by summoning Aestus Estus and entering a combat stance.

“My name is Tachie Kyrielight! Apprentice of Olivier Sharpe, I assure you I can fight”. I informed her, her frown melting away and turning into an excited smile.

“Really!? You’re the Apprentice of THE Olivier Sharpe? I’m sure my teachers won’t mind me sparing with you then! I’m Irina Shidou!”. She said with a happy smile, Yes I was talking to a character of canon but I couldn’t ignore her after seeing her sword.

“Let’s begin”. I replied, and with that we began our battle. Many other in-training exorcists were watching, some even pulling out cameras to record us, but I could care less for any trouble I’d get in fighting her.

Nobody’s pov.

Irina had the first move, speeding towards Tachie and swinging Excalibur Mimic which clashed with Tachie’s Aestus Estus. The in-training exorcist attempted to overpower Tachie but quickly found this was a mistake when the black haired girl overpowered her completely.

Lighting Aestus Estus on fire, in an unexpected move to anyone who didn’t know her fighting style, Tachie threw the spinning blade towards Irina. Caught off guard twin tailed girl barley avoided it, but had to block a punch from Tachie that sent her back a few feet.

“H-hey! You’re not meant to do that with a sword!”. Irina exclaimed, her teachers had always taught her to respect a holy sword, so seeing someone with a (what she assumed) to be a holy sword throwing it around like a Beyblade shocked the girl.

“Do I look like I care?”. Tachie replied, her red eyes glaring at Irina or more specifically, Excalibur Mimic. The crowd around the battling duo had started muttering, many of them disapproving of Tachie’s fighting style, while a few actually approved of the creative style. During this time Tachie had grabbed Aestus Estus which had stabbed into the ground.

Taking her opponent a bit more seriously, Irina rushed again at Tachie. Avoiding a stab from the meteoric blade of Aestus Estus, Irina thrust Excalibur Mimic towards Tachie’s chest who leaned back to avoid it. The twin tailed girl had to leap back to avoid a swipe from Tachie’s blade.

At this point many in the crowd were realizing something was wrong, Tachie was fighting with enough force to seriously hurt Irina. While Irina was an Excalibur wielder, that didn’t give the black haired girl an excuse to seriously hurt.

“Please calm down! I don’t think you-“. Irina was cut off by another slash of Aestus, blocking the attack with her own blade. “J-just calm down!”. Irina’s words however wouldn’t reach Tachie who just kept attacking her more brutally, each attack getting closer and closer to a deadly blow.

A few watchers were seriously considering intervening, while they had access to many types of healing it was still worrying how brutally Tachie was attacking. Many were enjoying the sights of one of the prodigies of the church losing.

Irina herself was panicking, she was generally positive but even she couldn’t keep a positive attitude when dealing with an opponent as brutal as Tachie. Every blow was aimed towards as much damage as possible, it was as if her opponent had dropped all skill and technique just to deliver more damage!

CRAAAAAACCCCKKK!

The noise rang out, people turning about and trying to find the source of the noise, it sounded as if something metal was about to crack. What happened next was confusing for many watching.

Tachie stopped attacking and made Aestus Estus disappear in a burst of flames, and just walked away. Many shouted questions ranging from why she was so brutal to stopping the fight out of nowhere.

Irina would’ve been a part of those asking questions, if she wasn’t distracted by something far larger. Starting from the tip to the middle of Excalibur Mimic, was a massive crack.

Those who noticed what Irina saw would say things about this day, and Tachie herself would gain a title that would haunt her for years.

The Black Exorcist.

Tachie’s pov.

GOD DAMMIT! I COMPLETLEY LOST IT! The moment I saw Excalibur Mimic I, I just lost it! All I could focus on was beating it, I didn’t give two shits about Irina I just wanted to break her sword. I didn’t have this bad a reaction to Excalibur Nightmare, so why did I have such a horrible reaction to Mimic?

And some fucking fanboys are trying to follow me, thankfully Olivier had taught me some extremely basic stealth skills. If these were fully trained exorcist they’d be able to find me easily, but these in-training idiots? Not a chance.

I needed to talk to Olivier, about… well not everything, but almost everything. Draco, the weird reactions I’ve had to the Excalibur Fragments, and my parents. I’m starting to wish I had gotten a different power set, The Entity was probably enjoying all this from his fucking fireplace.

I just, needed to stay focused and return to the RV or find Olivier. I have no idea where Olivier is, so the RV was the best for now.
    I started walking towards the RV, unaware I was being followed… or the amazing meeting I’d soon have.

Olivier’s pov.

I fucking hate this place, I should be watching over Tachie who got FUCKING POISONED! But instead I have to deal with idiots, idiots who are constantly arguing and blaming different factions for the attack.

They’d obviously blamed the devils, but they’ve even blamed the Celts, Norse, Egypt, Hindu and even the poor Sumerian’s, who’s faction is almost completely destroyed at this point. They’d blamed smaller factions like the vampires, the magicians, they’d blamed essentially everyone possible!

Gripping the table, I quickly let go when I realized I was starting to crack the wood. I met eyes with George across the table, and he nodded.

“ENOUGH! We are a united front here, and you are all blaming everyone possible! What we need to do is investigate, we need to learn what monsters caused this attack. We’re still getting reports of how many died, and what was stolen”. George’s words got everyone’s attention, we’d lost many lives and artifacts.

There was one I was worried about however. Clarent, sword of Mordred the knight of rebellion and son of King Arthur. I’m not sure why but the idea of that sword being out there was bone chilling, even if it wasn’t a powerful sword itself, it still had potential for being used in powerful rituals.

“We need to make a show of strength and send out investigators. Richard you’ll go to the Hindu pantheon, Charlie you’ll go to the devils, I’ll get in contact with the Grigori. Olivier you and your apprentice Tachie shall handle talking to the Norse”. George’s words shook me and I turned to give him a questioning glare, he KNOWS what will happen if the Norse discover Tachie’s existence! I have no idea how the blood inside her will react to being in the presence of Norse magic.

…No, honestly I know this would happen eventually, at some point Tachie would do something that’d attract enough attention for the Norse to notice her. I just pray to God, even if he’s no longer here, that she’ll forgive me for keeping secrets.

While I was distracted by my thoughts, it seemed George had went on explaining.

“You’ll have 2 hours to prepare, but I want you all heading out soon. Dismissed”. George’s words caused everyone to start heading out, many planning to gather some exorcists to help with their mission. I walked out myself, Tachie was ether still exploring or at the RV, so I’ll check the RV first.

Walking to the RV, currently parked in a nearby carpark to the church. As I got closer I could sense Tachie was inside, and her magical energy felt… anxious, did something happen. Opening the door I was hoping to be greeted to the sight of a happy if nervous Tachie, but instead I saw a nervous and very uncomfortable looking Tachie.

“Uncle Olivier… we need to talk”. Her word’s confused me, but her next sentence just made it worst. “I’ve… been keeping some secrets, i-I want to be honest with you after what happened yesterday”. Secrets? I know she was trying to hide stuff, she’s not as good at it as she thinks she is, so why I’m a getting the feeling it’s somehow worst?

“Tachie you can talk to me about whatever you want, I’m here for you”. Best to try and reassure her, but form her expression it did the exact opposite. “Okay, how about this. I have some stuff I need to tell you that I’ve… not exactly been the most honest about, so how about we both tell one secret at a time?”.

“I’d… I’d like that”. Seeing Tachie gain a small smile reassured me a bit, but I know this conversation would be hard, on both of us.

Nobody’s pov.

Neither wanted to be the one to start the conversation, so both tried at once.

“I know my mom’s not human”.
    “Your mom’s not human”.

Both blinked and spoke again in unison.

“Wait you were going to tell me!?”.
    “How the hell did you figure that out?!”.

Instead of letting this farce continued, Olivier held up a figure for Tachie to be quiet and asked.

“Okay how did, you know that… did your memories return?”. That was the only thing Olivier could think of that’d explain Tachie knowing her mom wasn’t human.

“Not… really? I had a weird dream, I was walking thought burned house and found a picture on the fire place…”. Tachie’s words caused a memory to surface in Olivier’s mind, quickly pulling out a key and unlocking a locked cupboard. He pulled out a photo frame with a certain photo in it.

“This photo by any chance?”. In Olivier’s hands was the exact same photo from Tachie’s memories, who nodded with a shocked expression. With a sigh Olivier began to explain “It was from your 6th birthday, your parents were so happy. It was miracle enough you were born, you parents had been trying for years before they had you. I still remember Lance running around crying with tears running down his eyes about how he was going to be a father, your mother was hardly any better and had a big party to celebrate. Neither drank anything wanting to set a good example as parents to be, didn’t stop your father from making the biggest scene anyway”.

The memories were bittersweet for Olivier, he remembered when he was younger and was discovered to be a natural holy sword wielder, and the church essentially kidnapped him from the orphanage he had been staying in. No trainer seemed to be able to tame the wild child that was Olivier, at least till he met Lance. The older man had been understanding and instead of trying to teach Olivier how to be a swordsman, he had taught Olivier how to live.

It was Lance that inspired Olivier to become an exorcist, not for belief in the church or hatred against devils, but to repay the man he owed so much to. Even after Olivier had finished his training, Lance still treated him so well, the man was family in all the ways that mattered to Olivier.

When it was discovered Lance was not only in a relationship with someone from another faction, but one of the Original Valkyrie’s created by Odin himself? It had caused outrage and some even demanding Lance’s execution, but Olivier had stayed by his side even when things had gotten rough. Lance was banished from the Church, never to be allowed on holy ground again. Olivier’s punishment was less severe, but he had still lost any position of power he had in the church.

But through this? Lance still choose to love the woman he had fallen for, Avifa. Olivier had been the best man at the wedding and still remembered the party after it, having to drag a drunk lance to make sure he didn’t miss his honey moon.
    He had bonded with the Valkyrie as well, she had decided to mentor him in magic as none of his former magic trainers wanted anything to do with him anymore. He wasn’t the best at runes, but he was far more knowledgeable of them than any other church official.

“Your mother was a Valkyrie, an Original Valkyrie. There are 2 types of Valkyrie, the originals who were created by the Norse Leader Odin, and the second type, humanoid species trained in the art of the Valkyrie. The Original Valkyrie weren’t meant to be fertile, they had been created as more machines then living creatures. But somehow they did it, Lance and Avifa produced you, it didn’t matter to ether that they lost their standing in both factions they were a part of, they had each other and you that was all that mattered to them”. Olivier’s eyes misted up and he had to wipe away some tears. Those memories, the best and worst years of his life, but now it was time for Tachie’s reaction.

“Thank you…”. Her words were quiet, but with the tears coming down Tachie’s face she meant it. She still wasn’t exactly sure what she was, was she Tachie daughter of Lance and Avifa? Or was she just a thief in this body? No, did it matter? She was her, that’s all that mattered right now. “I’m... Not sure how to explain my secret, but I guess I can start with I know what entity is in my Sacred Gear, kind of”.

“Kind of? How can you kind of know what entities in your Sacred Gear?”. Olivier’s question was from honest confusion, so Tachie began to explain.

How the entity inside her Sacred Gear claimed to be The Whore of Babylon, how her gear was meant to serve as a prison and not be given to anyone, and how there was more entities inside the gear. She had also explained her Servant form, although she had simply explained it as some weird power she had.
    Olivier had listened and was admittedly shocked, he had though the Whore of Babylon was just a myth, but apparently that’s just what God wanted everyone to think.

“Somehow, my secret feels less important now”. Olivier’s joking response brought a small smile to Tachie’s lips, but it reverted to a frown soon after. “Hey, chin up kiddo! So your Sacred Gear wasn’t meant to be given out, who cares? More power to you. If the Church decides to declare you some abomination or something? Who the fuck cares, if they want to cut ties with us, that’s up to them”.

“Cut ties with us…?”. Tachie’s eyes had started to tear up again, Olivier’s words truly stuck somewhere deep.

“Course, your family, and family doesn’t leave family behind”. Olivier’s reply was so simple, so basic, but it was just what Tachie needed to hear. With a rushed movement the young girl was hugging Olivier tightly.

“Owch! Sheesh kid a bit too much strength there!”. Olivier laughed, patting Tachie on the head. “Now, I’ve got one last thing to say before we head out”.

“Head out? I thought we’d be staying here longer”. Tachie’s question caused Olivier to smirk and go to the steering wheel.

“Nah we’ve got a mission, we’re going to visit your ancestral grounds. The Norse Pantheon!”. Olivier’s words caused Tachie’s eyes to light up with excitement. With that Olivier put his foot down and began driving, to their next adventure.

Bobbibp, TapeMan, Levky and 32 others like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Chapter 13
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Olivier and I had been talking a lot more since we finally revealed a bit more to each other, not to say we didn’t talk before but now it felt, closer? Yea closer. We’d also been training, which has had… some strange results.

My Demi-Servant form was strong, not in offense but in its defense. Attacks still hurt and damaged me, but it took a lot of force to leave more than a small bruise. Of course this meant Olivier didn’t hesitate in using some usually lethal moves against me, bullets were NOT okay to be hit by and left so many small bruises.

“Just because you can survive bullets, doesn’t mean you want to be hit by them. Small amounts of damage can build up quickly and take you out”. Olivier’s words were strict but made sense, pain could be very distracting. So it was best to improve my reaction speed to avoid things like that.

We had also trained my magic, since I wasn’t trying to learn that weird calculation based magic and just using raw magical energy, it was both harder and far easier. I didn’t need to think of a hundred different calculations for every spell, but it was a lot harder to make my magic do different things.

I had mainly been trying to create flame spells, since Aestus Estus both used flames and was literally called “The Original Flame”, it defiantly worked well with fire. This had went… okay, but not very well. Olivier had then explained magical affinity’s to me, something I was not aware of but made sense when I thought about it.

“Magical Affinities are pretty simple honestly, some people just are better at certain forms of magic. It’s usually just elements, but I’ve seen it being towards stuff like space, time, barriers, teleporting or any sort of weird stuff. I remember a kid in the Church who had insane magical potential towards animals”. Olivier’s explanation got me thinking, and we began testing for my magical affinity.

I had learned Olivier’s own magical affinity was unsurprisingly illusions, not a shocker with how fond he was of them (At least, that’s what he kept telling me. But I still had yet to see him cast a single illusion… then again I’ve not actually seen him in any fights besides our spars).

Olivier theorized I may have a space magic affinity with how well I had done the storage spells, but when we tried testing this it had… well I’m just glad it was apparently impossible to teleport inside solid matter. So no space affinity for me.

Ice, water, lighting, earth, light, darkness. Time, barriers, animals, we kept testing for an affinity but we couldn’t find any.

“No matter what magic system your using, your magical affinity always carries over. Doesn’t matter if you’re using Demonic Power, Runes, Calculations, or Rituals. If your magical affinity is towards ice for example, every form of magic you can learn will be aligned towards ice. Maybe your magical affinity is just low?”. I know Olivier was trying to help, but his words weren’t exactly helpful there.

I could still use magic, but it just wasn’t as powerful as I wished it could be. But I had managed to at least make a few basic flame spells.

This made me think, or rather remember something. Mash as far as I know, had no magical skills, or at least nothing worth mentioning on the wiki. She had her Servant skills, but that was about it. And what was the original Tachie in Fate? The prototype of Mash. Could that be why my magical affinity is so bad? Or am I just thinking to deeply there.

While my psychical was okay and my magical training less so, my Sacred Gear training had been the most… stressful. While Olivier still trusted me and was fine with me exploring basically any other power, since he’d learned the truth of my Sacred Gear he’d been very hesitant in letting me train with it, which made sense.

I mean, would you want someone you care about channeling the power of The Whore of Babylon? I certainly wouldn’t, but I know even if I tried, I’d eventually be forced to use her powers, so wasn’t it better to get used to it now.

It had taken some effort, but Olivier had agreed on letting me train with Draco’s power but only with great preparation beforehand to ensure everything was safe. But it did mean I was banned from using my Sacred Gear unless the situation was desperate if we got into combat.

However not everything was just training and learning, Olivier had decided to have some fun as well, taking me to a festival on a nearby town on the way to the Norse Pantheon (I wisely didn’t mention the fact we were meant to go straight to the Norse Pantheon as fast as possible, I need relaxing time after all that chaos at the Vatican).

Even in my old life I never really went to any festivals or big events, so it was a new experience for me. I really couldn’t care less what the festival was for, I just wanted to have some fun.

Olivier was currently grabbing some food from a stall for us, so I was left alone for a bit, but my attention was quickly grabbed by a game stall, some kind of strength test. The grand prize being a whooping £60, hello free money!

Currently someone around my age was playing it, and if I wasn’t convinced this was an anime world before, I was now, no boy should be that pretty. Although his outfit was a little odd, I get the black baseball cap, the green shirt and the untorn jeans, but the cream jacket looked kind of feminine, but I guess if he wanted to dress that way it was his choice. I wonder why he wore such long gloves. Eh, just another oddity. I decided to approach and strike up a conversation.

“Having a tough time?”. I asked after seeing him fail the game again, he was stronger than his appearance would suggest but he clearly wasn’t going to get the grand prize.

“Huh?! Uhm, no? I’m just… yea, it’s a lot harder then it looked from afar”. He replied, god even his voice was feminine, but now I felt kind of bad for him, he probably wasn’t experienced with the conning of festivals.

“That’s because most festival games are rigged, you need to strike really hard if you want to win”. I explained, a frown coming to the boy’s permanently blushing face.

“But that’s unfair! Rigging a game… maybe I shouldn’t have tried this…”. This guy really was that innocent? Now I feel like I kicked a puppy, gah I’ll help him.

“How much to have a turn?”. I asked the game owner, a muscular man with a lazy look in his eyes who nodded towards a sign saying ‘£6 per hit’, that much per try? There goes any feeling of cheating. Paying the required money I grabbed the game mallet from the other guy.

“Wait! Your just wasting money if it’s really that hard!”. The pretty boy exclaimed, I suppose to him it does look like a normal girl is trying this, good thing I’m anything but normal. My strength even without any supernatural enhancements was much greater then my size and appearance suggested.

Raising the mallet I slammed it down with probably a bit too much force, but when the sound of the bell that signaled my victory rang, I smirked.

“Don’t judge someone’s strength on their age and appearance”. I told the pretty boy, taking £60 from the gaping store owner, keeping 10 for myself and giving the rest to the stunned boy. I had no need for the money really, so Pretty Boy could have most of it… oh, I never asked his name, oh well.

Now to go find Olivier, he’s taking a while to get food.

Nobody’s pov…

Olivier knew something was watching him, he had felt its presence focus mostly on Tachie but for the last few hours it had been on him ever since he decided to take her to this festival. He wasn’t quite sure what was watching him, but he had a very good idea, it was why he left Tachie alone, to avoid her meeting this stalker.

Looking about, he confirmed he was alone in an alley and set a quick bounded field to ensure nobody entered, now to deal with the stalker.

“Stop hiding, I’ve got better things to do then deal with a Valkyrie far from the nest”. Olivier said aloud, it took a few seconds but eventually she appeared, taking off some type of cloak with Nordic runes, likely the source of her invisibility.

Olivier had to hold back a grimace at the sight, he was hoping he was wrong and it wasn’t a Valkyrie stalking Tachie, but for that to be the case and even worst an Original Valkyrie? Odin was without a doubt involved if he sent one of his daughters.

“Why are you stalling?”. She asked, straight to the point huh? He wasn’t surprised, Original Valkyrie tended to try and get to the point quick, their emotions and desires were too weak to do anything but the mission they were sent on.

“You call it stalling, I call it having a mental break after almost dying”. Olivier replied, not for him, but for Tachie. She had been thrown into this world to quickly, sure she seemed to be enjoying herself with experimenting with magic and training, but Olivier had seen far too many young teenagers have mental breakdowns from the stress of entering the supernatural world. He couldn’t let that happen to Tachie.

“She does not need a break, a Valkyrie has no need of such things”. Hildr replied, although Olivier had no idea this was her name as of yet. Olivier had to suppress a burst of rage, of course she thought that.

“She’s not a Valkyrie”. He had to hold himself back from shouting, this was what he expected but that didn’t mean it stopped the feeling of wanting to punch the Valkyrie’s lights out.

“She is Avifa’s daughter, she is a Valkyrie and thus belongs with us”. Hildr said, her expression as serene as always. She could not understand, even if her heritage wasn’t obvious, Tachie was a Valkyrie and thus deserved to be with others, to leave her in the hands of mortals left a feeling Hildr could only believe was disgust.

“A bunch of strangers who’d only care for her as ‘A Valkyrie?’”. Olivier asked, because that was the truth he believed, if Tachie where to go to Asgard, they’d try to take her and mold her into another emotionless Valkyrie.

“And your claim is stronger? You may have been a friend of her father, but we are her family, flesh and blood”. Hildr’s reply shook Olivier, it was his greatest fear that his last remaining family figure would leave.

“This conversation is over, return to your gods and tell them we’ll be there soon”. Olivier started walking away before he even finished.

The pink haired Valkyrie glared at the back of the man, she had a feeling Olivier Sharpe would be an issue to returning her wayward niece to Asgard.

In an unknown Church.

“You understand your mission?”. An old man wearing the robes of the church asked to 3 young girls.

“To exterminate the rogue exorcist Olivier Sharpe and his apprentice Tachie Kyrielight”. Replied a girl with blue hair, blue eyes and black glasses. She wore the robes of the church with pride and seemed the most mature. She seemed to be around 14.

Next to her was a white haired girl of slightly younger age, perhaps 13 at best. Her white hair and golden eyes were a rare sight even in this world, but the oddest part was the fact any piece of exposed skin on her church robes was covered completely by bandages. She had a serene smile on her face, but any who talked to her would have strange feelings of danger.

“This seems weird, why would someone as legendary as Olivier Sharpe suddenly go rogue?”. The youngest among them asked, she had brown hair and eyes and seemed at youngest 10 or 12. She was wearing more modern clothes compared to her companions.

“The church is unaware why Sharpe has gone rogue, but we will faithfully follow the orders of God”. The old man replied, a frown on his face.

“If God wills it, then we shall obey. May we be excused to prepare ourselves?”. The blue haired girl said, the old man nodding. The 3 girls started walking away, however one of them was stopped.

“Ah Noel, can you please stay a bit longer? I have something that may help you on your trip”. The old man smiled at the young girl who approached him.

As Noel approached she couldn’t help but notice, the air smelled faintly of roses.

And that is all the chapters of "The Shielder of DxD" so far, I hope you've all enjoyed and will continue reading as I make more chapters for this story... and hopefully figure out how to post images so I can add some.

Levky, Teraten, Agni and 40 others like this.
  16. trollord3000

trollord3000 Know what you're doing yet?

Binged this. Overall a good fic so far. Looking forward for more.

Odd1todd89 likes this.
  17. Yami-Guy

Yami-Guy I trust you know where the happy button is?

If you could put genderswap in the Tags, that would be great, thanks.

18. BJJPanda

BJJPanda I trust you know where the happy button is?

You should put a genderswap tag or warn the readers since that is a big turn off for some readers

19. Threadmarks: Chapter 14 (Interlude 2)
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Michael let out an exhausted sigh, ruling Heaven normally was exhausting, but current circumstances made it even worst. A mad cult serving an unknown god, an attack on the Vatican, and worst of it all, the Sacred Gear system had been glitched worst than usual.

[​IMG]

The last time the System had glitches this bad, Balance Breakers were created. And the leader of Heaven dreaded whatever was occurring this time, working overtime to keep things safe and secure. The other Seraphs had done their best to help, but it was clear even greatest angels of Heaven were just as exhausted as him.

Right now, Michael just desired rest and relaxation that he knew he could not have. Every second he rested, more chaos was created and who knows what else was happening. So with an effort of will, Michael got out of his resting position and started sorting through the paperwork on his desk.

Reading through the first paper, it seemed to be from Sir George. Michael had always liked the man, noble and just, the very image of a knight. The fact he was one of the few Hero Reincarnations on the side of Heaven probably helped with that. Reading Sir George’s report, Michael had to hold back a scream at the amount of lives lost during the Vatican attack, when he found whoever did this, the Archangel swore to avenge those lost souls personally.

But something else quickly grabbed his attention, the information on Olivier Sharpe’s personal apprentice and the descendant of Galahad, Tachie Kyrielight. With speed only a supernatural could possess, Michael quickly gathered and read every report regarding the girl, and there was MANY.

A natural born Holy Sword wielder, a hero descendant and suspected reincarnation, and possessing one of the finest blades ever crafted, Aestus Estus. While the blade had no great legends told about it, Michael was quite aware what power a sword crafted from meteorite could do, especially when influenced with the magical aura of Nero Claudius. It wasn’t quite an Excalibur Shard, but perhaps in some ways it was better, especially in durability (He never understood why those swords were so fragile).

This, this was finally some good news. He had always considered it a shame Lance had been banished from the Church for falling in love, he had truly been a warrior among warriors, skilled in any weapon he could get his hands on. But by the time Michael had heard of the news, Lance was already banished and Olivier had lost any respect and influence he had, why did he not simply invite Lance back to the Church? Because the man would not abandon the woman he loved, and while he would welcome the Valkyrie with open arms, the church and many angels would not.

It was a sad case of losing a brilliant knight, and then it rolling downhill from there. Olivier Sharpe would rather eat dirt then fully be a part of the church again, and only the offering of Excalibur Nightmare had kept him even allied, not that Michael could blame the poor man. Losing a father figure in Lance and then watching as others trampled over his legacy, leaving Lance’s daughter without a home, servants or any of her family’s property. At least Olivier and Tachie had found a new family in each other, and perhaps the young girl would finally bring Olivier out of the shadows he had slowly been falling into.

Putting the reports away with a smile, Michael could feel things would be getting brighter soon.

??? Location.

It was a place of unparalleled beauty, perfection personified. With clear shining waters, fresh grass that seemed to shine in the sunlight, and ethereal pink flowers spread about. In the middle of this paradise a white tower floated, of an unusual design.

[​IMG]

This place was the ultimate utopia, the paradise King Arthur had sought his entire life.
    Avalon, the ever distant utopia.

[​IMG]

Within the tower, a figure walked around a darkened area, muttering to themselves. They wore a white and lilac cloak and carried a staff in their hands. If one had to use a single word to describe this person, it would be… flowery.

“Oh? It seems Michael has become aware of Galahad’s reincarnation, good, poor boy could use some good news with all the chaos going on at the moment”. The figure spoke, their voice seemed to carry a playful tone to it and their eyes seemed to shine in amusement.

With a wave of their staff, the area filled with light and the full appearance of the entity was revealed. Soft white hair and mesmerizing violet eyes. She smiled and started preparing.

[​IMG]

“After all, I can’t leave my cute little knights alone for too long can I?”. Merlin smiled, the sound of her heels clicking as she walked about.

She had been separated from the modern world for far too long, and she believed it was time to get reacquainted.

??? Location.

This place could be considered the opposite of Avalon, where the land of fairies had supernatural peace and was literally the perfect utopia, this place was dark, cold and cruel.

A castle made of blackened bricks surrounded by dead land, not even a single thing dared to grow here. The sky covered by unnatural clouds, with a hint of the moons light shining through. If Avalon was the perfect utopia, this was a man-made hell, built upon the suffering of thousands and cruelty unimaginable.

[​IMG]

Inside the castle, a laboratory resided in the basement area. Scientists rushed about between large tinted green glass containers, filled with an unknown grey liquid. One such scientist, seemingly the leader, walked about between the containers with a sick grin, exposing his sharpened teeth with 2 fangs standing out even amongst the already sharp teeth.

“Marvelous… Project Rebirth is continuing as planned, Lord Daos will be pleased”. The lead scientist said, his red eyes shining with glee. One of his assistants, a man with graying hair and wolf-like features approached.

“Doctor Beryus, is it really a safe idea be so frivolous with this project? Already many subjects have escaped and it seems more do every day”. The scientist asked, but Beryus just smirked and began to explain.

“Ah you misunderstand, our goal was never to keep them here”. Beryus’s word caused the wolf-like scientist confusion and from this Beryus continued. “Attempting to control the subjects of Project Rebirth is a fool’s errand, they were never meant as an army. But their very existences spreads chaos, even if they have the best of intentions, the existence of these people cause chaos”.

“I see, but a personal question Doctor”. The scientist asked, a deep confusion over a certain part of Project Rebirth confusing him.

“I give you permission to ask”. Beryus replied, grabbing a nearby notebook and taking notes on a certain glass tank.

“Why did send the black knight to the Vatican? His strength was perhaps the greatest amongst all of Project Rebirth, and armed with Arondight, he was near invincible, even the 4 Satans or those fools in Heaven would be unable to defeat him”. The wolf-like man asked, causing Beryus to sigh.

“The choice to send the prototype to the Vatican was not mine, but an order from Lord Daos and only a suicidal fool refuses an order from him. And do not be so foolish, the prototype was powerful but mindless, it would lose to any faction leader. But he did serve as a powerful message, that we of the Lunar Embrace are powerful, and that we have no fear of any of the 3 great factions”. Beryus explained to the other scientist, who nodded before walking away to work on another subject.

Beryus however slowly approached the container he had been taking notes on and gazed into it, at the entity waiting within. They were currently sleeping, soft features and long hair leading to a feminine appearance, her skin was tanned while her hair was a startling white, her eyes were not visible so it was impossible to tell their eye color.

[​IMG] This is the closest I could get to child Okita Alter, so here you go

“Soon my masterpiece, soon…”. Beryus smiled, sending shivers down his workers spines. While the small figure seemed to shiver in disgust in her sleep.

Unknown French City.

Gareth was tired and hungry, the money from that nice and strangely familiar girl had managed to last her a few days, but she had run out a few cities back and was quickly realizing even if she was a 100 times stronger than any human, doesn’t mean she could easily survive on her own unless she resorted to more… criminal measures, something she refused to do.

Surely she could find some way to feed herself? She a basic idea of how to hunt wild animals, so if she managed to make it to an area with something like deer, she could hunt those.

But every step her body fought her, telling to her to sit and rest, but she feared if she rested, she wouldn’t get back up again. One misstep and Gareth started falling, to be left in this alleyway to die alone and starving, a journey ended before it could truly begin.

However, 2 soft hands quickly grabbed Gareth before she could finish falling, blinking tiredly Gareth took in the appearance of the one who had grabbed her. She was a young girl, possibly a little bit older then Gareth with Cyan eyes and silver-white hair, with the oddest hat she’d ever seen on her head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other girl smiled, but Gareth could barely keep her eyes open and now perhaps on some instinctual level knowing the white haired girl would help her, Gareth slipped into darkness.

London, Midnight.

Tick… tock… tick… tock. The ticking of the clock was an uncomfortable sound, each second another tick would occur and it would send a chill down its watcher’s spines. He was a young man with messy brown hair and blue eyes, wearing what looked like a Halloween costume of an alchemist’s clothes.

This man was an aspiring alchemist, if not a very good one. He could barely do the arts of magic, and was spiteful of everyone else who could. But today, today he would have his revenge. He had been preparing for this for months, gathering supplies and waiting for the perfect time, a full moon in the sky and large amounts of blood, taken from some woman he had found in the streets, no longer with the living of course.

It need not be said this man was very much insane.

As he started using an enchanted knife to dig long carved marks across the floor and then filled those with blood, the man couldn’t stop smiling an insane smile. He believed this ritual would grant him the magical power of those woman he had killed, while none were magicians even with the small amount of magical power they offered, with the amount he had killed for this ritual it would still grant him a large amount of power.

However, he had misunderstood the ritual and not considered certain things. Such as the fact one of the woman he had killed, was pregnant with a child… and that child had a Sacred Gear, Soul Prison.

Soul Prison was a simple but dangerous Sacred Gear, it allowed the user to create black ribbons that had the ability absorb the souls of those the users defeated and use them as magic fuel.

And as for what the ritual truly was… it was a soul entrapment ritual, designed to trap someone’s soul inside an object.

And thus, the soul of the unborn child was now trapped inside Soul Prison. Taking the form of a black eye shaped orb that floated out of the bloody ritual.

The alchemist, believing this to be part of the ritual reached towards the Soul Prison, but as soon as he got close the black ribbons emerged from the eye shaped orb and latched onto the alchemist, completely absorbing his soul and turning it into magical energy. The man was now dead and all that remained was the black eye shaped orb, plus the man’s shoddy alchemist robes.

However it would not stay that way for long, the orb started shifting, growing and mutating. By the time it was done, a small female child with white hair was left looking around the room.

The child looked around, seemingly confused before she started shivering. Quickly noticing the now empty alchemist robes, she grabbed them and wrapped them around herself.

Who… was she? She couldn’t remember, all she knew… she was hungry.

[​IMG]

ARK7860, Bobbibp, Levky and 32 others like this.
  20. EclipsingDragonMoon

Okay so, I need to ask for some help from fans here.
    I've been researching and I can't find if Saji has the entirety of Vritra or just some shards of his consciousness, like are there other Vritra Sacred Gears still out there?

And second, how do you guys want Okita here? Do you want DxD Okita, Fate Okita, or perhaps both?

21. myfunvideos

myfunvideos Making the rounds.

Saji apparently had a shard of Vritra for a Sacred Gear without a conscience. The other bit are in Azazel's hands.

Would like Fate Okita because I'm in into DxD guy.

22. EclipsingDragonMoon

Okay so all the Vritra stuff is in Saji? Wiki was a bit confusing on it all and I'll admit I don't have perfect DxD Knowledge.

23. myfunvideos

What? N-No, I said that Saji only has 1 part of Vritra, the other parts are with Azazel, as in the the leader of the Fallen Angels. Saji would later be given the other pieces and they would combine with his already existing Sacred Gear. For now, at the start of canon, he doesn't have it until after the Kobabiel fight.

24. EclipsingDragonMoon

Gah worded that badly! Sorry. But I meant "Saji does/eventually will have all of Vritra". I've just been trying to find out of outside the other Vritra pieces Saji gets from Azazel, are there any other Vritra Sacred Gears that contain pieces of Vritra's soul.

I've been researching all I can of DxD dragons because of some plans I have, but many of them just seem confusing and vague.

Wild Transient likes this.
  25. myfunvideos

Unfortunately, it's supposed to be vague and confusing. But yeah, there no pieces of Vritra except the one Azazel is holding because he collects Sacred Gears to study. Why? Don't know, I'm not an avid fan of DxD but I do know that Saji does eventually gets all the pieces handed to him by Azazel sometime after the Kobabiel(not sure I spelled it right) fight.

But anyway, if this story is placed before canon then Saji doesn't even know about the supernatural until after Rias recruits Issei and then Saji is recruited by...the other girl I keep forgetting the name of(Rias' friend).

26. Threadmarks: Chapter 15
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Okay 2 things. I am trying out some non first person pov. Second this isn't a very long chapter but I wanted to get this out, I do have an omake after it though.
    Tachie could feel it, something in her bones and blood sung to her as they got closer to their goal. She had been informed by Olivier that they’d meet the representations of the Norse Pantheon in a small unaffiliated town, and from there use the rainbow bridge, the Bifrost to go to Asgard to meet the Norse leader, Odin.

She had no idea how she’d react to the god who was essentially her grandfather, it was weird thinking that she was related to a god at all. Tachie had very little knowledge of the deity, except for the domains he ruled over.

Odin was considered the ‘Allfather’, the wisest in all the nine realms and a man who deciphered the secrets of the runes. He was a god who ruled over war, wisdom, death and magic. He used the spear Gungnir as his personal weapon, a spear so powerful it rivaled Mjolnir, the mighty hammer of Thor.

Tachie knew all these things of her grandfather, but nothing about him personally. What were his likes? What did he desire? She knew nothing of him, but she had built up the image of a wise and mighty leader in her head.

So she did the only thing she could think of doing, she asked.

“What do you know of Odin?”. She asked Olivier, who seemed to have been expecting such a question eventually.

“Well, first off I’ve never met the guy but I’ve heard some… rumors”. He frowned in disgust. “You need to understand whatever legends you’ve heard of Odin occurred 100s of years ago, and anyone would change over that time. So while in the past he was a wise god, now days he’s considered just a perverted fool who’d spend time chasing skirts instead of doing anything productive”.

And just like that, Tachie’s mental image of Odin was shattered.

“Yea, really takes away the awe of having a god for a grandfather huh? Gods are powerful, they’re ancient, but don’t build up an image of some perfect or absolute being in your head. No god is all powerful, many legends have hints of truth in them, but many are just that, legends”. Olivier didn’t have the greatest opinion of gods.

They had the power to help so many people, but they selfishly kept it to themselves for what? To squabble and argue with each other? The fact they kept humanity so in the dark over the truth of the world until a human had a use, it certainly didn’t help his opinion.
    “It sounds like you don’t like gods”. Tachie asked, Olivier’s dislike rather obvious.

“Gods are, I suppose the best term is secluded. They don’t like involving themselves in other factions and hate dealing with each-other. Even in their own factions, there are essentially smaller factions who have different goals and beliefs”. He sighed, parking the RV. They had arrived at their goal. “Just, be careful with what you say, I’m not going to say something like don’t talk at all, just be careful”.

They got out the RV, and Tachie finally got to see who the Norse faction had sent to greet them. 2 woman and 1 man.

The man was large and muscular, short spiky blond hair and electric blue eyes. He wore a black jacket made of what seemed to be actual black fur, leaving his chest bare to the world. Black pants and armored boots. In his left hand he carried a massive silver axe. If Tachie had to guess, he was likely at least a head taller than Olivier.

The 2 woman were near identical, white cloaks which covered most of their face, their faces barely visible with blond hair and red eyes. In one hand they carried a silver shield, in the other a spear of light. They were Valkyrie, at least the type Tachie recognized, although how revealing their outfits was certainly questionable.

[​IMG]

“GREETINGS WARRIORS OF THE CHURCH! I AM BRYNJAR! EINHERJAR OF VALHALLA! ARE THOU READY TO SEE THE GLORY OF ASGARD!”. The giant of a man asked loudly, it was barley noticeable but it caused both the Valkyrie with him to glare at him.

“Yea, we’re ready”. Olivier replied tensely, he didn’t want to deal with the Norse anymore then he had to, so he hoped to get this done quickly.

“GLORIOUS! LORD HEIMDALL BRING DOWN THE BIFROST!”. Brynjar shouted to the heavens and after around 10 seconds, a rainbow pillar of every colour Tachie could imagine appeared falling from the heavens.

It felt familiar, it felt like she had seen it before. It was beautiful without a doubt, but it was also giving Tachie a sense of dread. She also felt a strange pain in her left eye.

“So do we just, enter the rainbow or something?”. She asked, the Valkyrie to Brynjar’s right answering before he could.

“Yes, but close your eyes. Many who have kept their eyes open during Bifrost travel have gone mad”. The Valkyrie softly answered, getting a nod from both Olivier and Tachie.

Closing her eyes, Tachie walked into the rainbow light. She had to hold back a scream of pain as some sort of energy wave went through her body, but it quickly faded and instead filled her with a strange warmth.

That strange feeling of familiar appeared again, whether it was thanks to her Valkyrie heritage or something else, Tachie couldn’t tell.

“You may open your eyes again my friends!”. Brynjar’s words caused Tachie to slowly open her eyes… and gasp in awe.

They were outside a large golden castle, the walls seemingly made of solid gold or at least something similar. In the distance Tachie could see a shining city, even from the distance she could see how beautiful it all was. In the sky men and woman flew about, she could even see a few Valkyrie here and there.

“Real beauty eh? Don’t come to the bigwigs area that often myself, but even I can see the appeal!”. Brynjar laughed, making motions for Olivier and Tachie to follow along.

Following their Einherjar guide, they entered the golden castle. Maids and butlers ran around, clearing messes and preparing food. Tachie looked into a kitchen they passed and had to hold back from drooling at the sight and smell of delicious food.

Ancient artifacts, beautiful art and many things she couldn’t even tell what they were decorated the halls.

However one painting grabbed Tachie’s attention, ice formed in her chest and her entire being was filled with dread. The land was burning, the sky itself seemed to be on fire, and the mountains crumbled. Walking through it all was what she could only call a white titan.

[​IMG]

Tachie was sure she had never seen it before, but it felt familiar, too familiar.

“Hey, what’s that painting?”. She bite the bullet and asked one of the Valkyrie.

“We do not know”. The Valkyrie replied, Tachie waiting for something else to be said but nothing came.

“So it’s just some random doomsday painting someone decided to put up?”. Tachie asked again, but this time her guardian answered her.

“Probably some painting of Ragnarok or something, the Norse are a bit obsessed with their prophesized doomsday”. Olivier said. Ragnarok, the end of the Norse Gods.

Tachie was familiar with the legend of Ragnarok on some level, it’d started with a horrible winter and then all chains would break, leading to the god devouring wolf Fenrir breaking free. Thor would battle the world serpent Jormungander and both would perish to the other. Sadly her knowledge did not go any further than that.

“Eh, Ragnarok is something we’ve been preparing for centuries to deal with, so understandable we’d be a bit obsessed with it!”. Brynjar laughed loudly, causing many of the servants in the halls to glare at him. “But we will soon be entering Lord Odin’s halls, I ask you give him respect despite his attitude, he is a wise leader under all… that”.

Tachie frowned, the more she heard of her grandfather the more she was disappointed. The legends made him seem so wise, yet everyone she had asked or heard from made him seem like a fool.

Finally they arrived at great doors, the 2 valkyrie with them moving to open it, inside was a red carpet leading to 2 thrones. 1 throne was empty and seemed like it hadn’t been sat in for years, while the other had what seemed like an old man on it.

But Tachie could tell, her blood sung before this man. His 1 eye seemed to stare at her in curiosity for a few moments before going to Olivier.

“I hope the trip went well”. Odin, leader of the Norse Gods.

[​IMG]

Levky, Teraten, Agni and 24 others like this.
  27. Extras: Omake: Mash Alter 3
    EclipsingDragonMoon

“HIYAAAAAH!”. Tachie screamed as she slammed her shield into the final Shadow Servant, after it faded away she took a few seconds to gasp for breath.

“Mas- Tachie! Are you okay?”. Ritsuka asked, running up to her. Both ignored his almost calling her Mash… again (It had occurred at least 3 times during Tachie’s fight against the Shadow Servants).

“F-fine just… low on mana…”. Tachie gasped, Servants were unlike anything she had fought before and her lowering mana hadn’t helped.

Ritsuka wanted to offer her a contract again, but he knew at this point Tachie would refuse for reasons unknown to him. So he quickly thought of a plan, aiming his hand with command seals at her, he activated the mystic code.

“First Aid!”. The Chaldea Mystic Code had 3 spells built into it, First Aid, Momentary Reinforcement and Emergency Evasion. As First Aid was essentially just pumping mana into a Servant to let them heal faster, using it on Tachie would restore her mana.

Tachie let out a sigh of relief, her strength restored.

“Thanks”. She told Ritsuka, who just smiled at the fact she was okay now.

“Well you 2 did well!”. The voice of Da Vinci from Ritsuka’s communicator was heard. “And I’ve got good news! We’ve managed to fully scan Tachie’s Spirit Origin, which while at first seemed to be a perfect match for Mash, we’ve manged to find some differences”.

Tachie frowned at the idea of her Spirit Origin being so similar to Mash’s, but she had a good idea what skills would be different.

Ritsuka however was busy checking Tachie’s Spirit Origin.

True Name: Tachie Kyrielight/Galahad.
    Region: France.
    Alignment: Lawful-Neutral.
    Class: Shielder.

Personal Skills.
    Seven Crowns of the Beast, E. The Symbol of the destroyer of cities, she who drowns the world in sins. At this rank it is more a curse from Beast VI then a blessing.
    Inherited Legacy (Round Table), A. To inherit both soul and legacy, the wall of Camelot that will never fall down.
    Black Exorcist, A. A self-vow to destroy any and all who threaten the human order, whether they be friend or foe alike.

Parameters.
    Strength B-. Endurance A-. Agility B.
    Mana B+. Luck D. NP ?

Noble Phantasms.
    Lord Camelot
    ?????

Ritsuka’s froze, Beast VI!? It had cursed Tachie, a curse so bad it had seeped into her Spirit Origin?! As he look at Tachie, he saw she was looking at him with a confused expression, likely wondering why he was so shocked. Did she have no idea what was in her Spirit Origin? How would she react if he told her?

That was even ignoring the fact she had a second Noble Phantasm that they had no idea of, Ritsuka quickly made a choice.

“Huh, this really is similar to Mash’s different parameters and a skill called ‘Inherited Legacy’, but I can see why your Spirit Origin was so hard to tell from Mash’s”. He lied, Ritsuka had no way to stop Tachie if she attacked him and no Servant to defend him if she left. He didn’t like lying to someone who reminded him so much of Mash, but this was a dangerous situation.

“Oh, I thought it’d… never mind. Does it help you have a better idea how to use me?”. She asked, Ritsuka’s almost gasped at her wording, was she doing that on purpose?!

“Y-yea! So let’s head out!”. He stammered red faced, speed walking away.

Tachie just followed behind slowly, Ritsuka was NOT good at lying or hiding things. But considering he likely had an idea of her connection to Draco now, she’d let him think he had tricked her, even if she’d prefer he trusted her.

This really was just one big mess.

28. Dust shaker

Dust shaker Pleb lord

very happy for the updoot!

Sypho.uad and Coleray like this.
  29. Cynicalto

Cynicalto I trust you know where the happy button is?

I Believe the rule is for numbers 0 - 100 to write them out, and same for whole numbers like 200, 700, 2000. However irregular numbers like 239, 1238, 19847, etc. you don’t need to write out the number. Exceptions for money, dates and math.

Sypho.uad likes this.
  30. Threadmarks: Chapter 16 (Interlude)
    EclipsingDragonMoon

Yuuto Kiba was nervous, his mentor wanted to introduce him to his other student, something Kiba had been shocked to learn he even had. The young swordsman was waiting in a rather large room, swords decorating the wall ranging from katanas, broadswords, bastard swords and even some designs he didn’t know.

The floor mostly just plain wood, but in the middle there was a large cyan circle painted on. He remembered many times he had spared in that circle with his mentor, although to this day he had yet to get any meaningful hits.

Eventually however Kiba heard footsteps, causing him to rise from his seat on the ground and turn to greet… to greet…

Beautiful, that was the only word he could think of to describe her. She was around his age, with lovely pale skin and light grey eyes. Her hair was short and had a distinct ahoge poking out of it. She had a small smile on her face that seemed to light up the room.

[​IMG]
    This, but around 13-14.

Kiba had seen many beautiful woman, his king and the rest of the peerage among them, but there was something about this girl that stood out to him. But he quickly shook himself out of it and realized some other things.

The girl carried a katana by her side, and from how she stood she knew how to use it. Her hair color also resembled…

“Ah Kiba-Kun, I hope this morning has treated you well”. The man who entered the room behind the girl spoke, and it was obvious the two had some type of familial relationship with how similar they looked.

“G-greetings mentor, who is thi-“. Kiba was cut off before he could finish by his mentor.

“My daughter, Sakura. I figured it was time for you two to meet”. His mentor, Souji Okita replied. The girl, Sakura smiled at him.

“A pleasure to meet you Kiba-San”. She bowed lightly and Kiba hastily responded with his own clumsy bow.

Okita smirked, he had brought Sakura here for Kiba to have a sparring partner more his equal, but Kiba’s reaction had been unexpected. Did his student have a crush on his daughter? He didn’t think so, probably just embarrassed meeting an admittedly pretty girl who wasn’t a close friend or apart of his peerage (Satan knows he’s had more than enough marriage proposals for his daughters hand in marriage).

It’d also do Sakura some good, she had no friends she talked to often and the only one she regularly talked to was a pen pal from Japan. Her incredible skills and having a reincarnated Devil for a father had driven off most. The second they learned her mother was human had driven away the rest.

But for now? He had something else to do.

“Please prepare your swords, you cannot leave the circle and the fight is to first blood. No Sacred Gears or any ability beyond simple sword techniques”. Okita told his students, who both went into position for the spar.

Kiba took a few calming breaths, something his mentor had taught him to deal with pre-fight jitters. It was only him and his opponent, even if said opponent was a really pretty girl. He took a glance at her, but her face had turned completely blank, not a single hint of anything leaking out, it was similar to her father when he got serious.

Kiba formed a training sword in his hand, durability as great as he could make it. If Sakura was his mentor’s daughter, then she was without a doubt a monster herself. He slid into his stance, raising his sword for when the spar started.

“BEGIN”.

Two blurs shot towards each other, but Kiba quickly discovered while he was fast, Sakura was faster. Slash, swipe, thrust, she’d dodge everything or reflect it. While his attacks were easily dodged, Kiba barley dodged Sakura’s own.

Kiba attempted a hasty slash towards Sakura’s thigh, but she leapt backward with immense speed and then rushed back with a quick thrust. Kiba brought his blade up in defence, taking the worst of it but still having the breath knocked out of him.

By the time he managed to get his senses back, Kiba felt cold steel on his neck. He was forced to say the words he hated most.

“I yield”.

Somewhere else.

Gareth sipped her tea with a happy sigh, she had never really tried the drink before but her new friend had gotten her addicted. Speaking of her new friend.

“GAAAREEEETTH! IT ARRIVED!”. The happy voice of Marie Antoinette, her new friend and technically boss. She was a spark of joy that caused anyone who met her to smile.

Gareth had met Marie while she was trying to survive on the streets, the white haired girl had found her half-starved and passing out, bringing the knight in training to her mansion. She had let Gareth eat her food and even shared some of her clothing that was Gareth’s size.

Marie had also managed to get the entire situation out of Gareth, she just found it so easy to talk to the noble girl. But Gareth hadn’t expected Marie to offer her a job as a guard, which she graciously accepted, the only thing they were waiting on was the sword Marie had asked a small time magician organization to create.

And wasn’t that a surprise? Gareth’s new friend was a magician and rich enough she could casually ask magician organizations to do things for her. That kind of money was mind bobbling for the blond who while her family was wealthy, had never really got to experience it.

Gareth got up from her seat and went to the door, were Marie was talking with a strange looking individual, but if Gareth had to guess they were a magician. There outfit was certainly odd enough for it.

[​IMG]

“Greetings Lady Gareth, this one is known as Arti”. The mage greeted her, her voice was pleasant enough but Gareth couldn’t shake a feeling of suspicion, not a suspicion of evil but that this person was hiding something... and also a sense of familiarity?

“Nice to meet you”. Gareth offered a handshake, but her gaze quickly went to the large wrapped parcel in Arti’s hands, was that…

“It is my honor to present this to you”. Arti handed the parcel to Gareth, who immediately started ripping it open to gaze at the blade within.

It was a large blade, something more fitting for a giant then the small girl that was Gareth, yet she lifted it with ease. It was red and silver with a black grip and seemed to radiate with a faint heat.

[​IMG]
    Gareth's not wearing that armor, but the clothing is the same.

“This blade originally came to our organization broken, but with the funds gifted to us by Lady Marie, we managed to repair it. It’s said to by wielded by the Red Knight of Arthurian times, but whether that is true or not I cannot say”. Arti explained, both Marie and Gareth were shocked the sword had such a history.

“I see! I was just expecting a training blade but you guys went above and beyond! Thank you for helping Gareth be closer to achieving her dreams!”. Marie said in her usual fashion, causing a red flush on Gareth’s face and a chuckle from Arti.

“There’s no need to thank me, seeing such a sword in noble hands is a gift enough. But now I must return to the organization”. Arti replied, refusing Marie’s offer to stay for tea and leaving the mansion.

Gareth smiled brightly while looking at her new sword, something about it felt right in her hands, unlike all the swords she had trained with before. With both a new friend and a new blade, she was one step closer to becoming a knight.

A distances away from the Antoinette Mansion.

Arti smiled to herself at a job well done, her body shifting and her cloak transforming into armor. Eventually the sight of the mage was replaced by a different figure, the King of the Wild Hunt.

“To think Gareth would meet another like her, the noble queen Marie Antoinette… Truly your luck is most bizarre Sir Gareth”. The king seemed to disappear into the shadows. Their duty here done.

Somewhere else.

Jessica couldn’t shake the feeling she was being stalked, even in her own home she felt eyes on her. As an Exorcist she felt she shouldn’t be shook so easily, but she just couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched.

She had talked with some friends over it and they had suggested going to the police, but what if she was dealing with a supernatural? She could deal with any normal stalker, but a supernatural one was far more dangerous.

She sighed, this was doing horrible things to her sleep schedule and she now had bags under her eyes, but nothing a little makeup wouldn’t fit. Staring into the mirror as she applied it, she only had a few moments to notice a shadow in the corner before everything went black.

For those wondering if there will be Kiba X Sakura (Fate!Okita), probably no but I may change my mind in the future. I just thought it’d be adorable for a young Kiba to be completely embarrassed around a girl as he’s not really ever shown like that.
    As for that little murder at the end, as a wise man once said.
    “Fear the murder loli”.

ARK7860, Bobbibp, Levky and 30 others like this.