The Southern Temple (Gothic Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing and Roleplay' started by Gaemnomut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. DrStrangeLove

DrStrangeLove I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, noice! Looks like the tutorial is almost over. XD

For voting options, I lean towards Zarava and scouting the bandits. Be willing to hear other ideas though.

mrttao and Gaemnomut like this.
  2. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Versed in the lewd.

Yep. I can't belive I actually go this far XD
    And to think I wanted to start the quest at the moment you enter the temple...

3. mrttao

mrttao Well worn.

I agree with the bandits scouting. If the orc comes to us, the harpies will find him, otherwise we have already sunk enough time looking for him.

I dislike the "for beliar" option. A fanatic for a god of evil? how stupid can the MC get. This is the pure evil "destroy everything" chaotic evil

I rather like personal power choice, because it makes us the most logical and centered of the options. I am a bit worried about becoming too evil, but then again we are playing a dark priest of beliar... this option is the most frightfully sane. Also, just because we would be very very selfish evil doesn't mean we can't bolster and build up our nation or other organizations. Since it does benefit us to do so. We would sacrifice them if it makes us stronger, but it is unlikely for such a scenario to occur. I also feel that belar approves the most of this path, since it fully embodies his ideals.

For zarava makes us a patriot and a dreamer... we are an idealist who sold his soul to evil for "the greater good". I kinda like how it lessens the evil, but i also dislike how insane it makes the MC.

[x][Why?] For yourself!
    [x][Harpies] Locate the bandit hideout!

Gaemnomut and DrStrangeLove like this.
  4. TooCowardlyForRealNick

TooCowardlyForRealNick Not too sore, are you?

[x][Why?] For yourself!
    [x][Harpies] Survey the area.

5. Gaemnomut

Oh nice, a new voter. Wekcome to the story TooCowardlyForRealNick
    I'm glad to have you along for the ride. :)

It was interesting reading your analysis mrttao. If your vote wins I'll keep your reasoning/perspective in mind.
    Personally, I like to go for the fanatic option in these cases. There is just something so freeing about throwing common sense over board and fully embracing the apocalyptic templar mentality XD
    Still, writing the calculating chessmaster balancing his own advancment against the will of a dark god will be fun.

Anyway, rl is pretty busy atm, so I'll probably close the vote on the weekend.

mrttao likes this.
  6. TooCowardlyForRealNick

TooCowardlyForRealNick Not too sore, are you?

The first Gothic is literally my childhood game, my fondest memories are of me and my brothers watching our father play it from over his shoulders, and him letting us sometimes have a turn on the pc.

That's where I did my meanest prank in my life: You know the harpies' mean laugh? Magnify it by ten since we were pretty young playing the game. When it was my big brother's turn, he was slaying a harpy nest somewhere, and I imitated the laugh right behind him. I have never seen him terrified like that again in my life! :D:D

Anyhow, this is the first Gothic quest I encountered outside of that community website, World Of Gothic was the name I think, and I am glad it is so good so far! Looking forward to the next update, and I love your lore bits! They add atmosphere, and that was exactly what made Gothic so memorable and unique.

mrttao and Gaemnomut like this.
  7. Aigloss

Aigloss Versed in the lewd.

[x][Why?] For yourself!
    [x][Harpies] Survey the area.

Gaemnomut likes this.
  8. DrStrangeLove

DrStrangeLove I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x][Why?] For Zarava!
    [x][Harpies] Locate the bandit hideout!

Gaemnomut likes this.
  9. Gaemnomut

Lol, my first exposure was watching my uncle slay dragons in G2 when I was a little kid.
    Good times XD

It's great you've enjoyed it so far. I didn't know world of gothic had a creative writing section though. I'm gonna have to check that out.

10. Gaemnomut

I just realized that we have a tie on the Harpy action desicion. I'll leave it open for a while longer to see if we get a tiebreaker or if somebody wants to change their vote, and if nothing happens by the time I can start writing I'll... idk, throw a coin or something.

Edit: Now that I have time to sit down and write the vote is closed. Coin throw it is.
    Edit 2: locate the bandits won

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    mrttao likes this.
  11. mrttao

mrttao Well worn.

Cool. I missed that notice before, I am actually fine with either option for the harpies

Gaemnomut likes this.