1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A small reminder that our moderators can't change usernames. You need to directly contact an admin for that, and tehelgee is the jobless one so bug him about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] The Sunny Side of Hell (Sonny Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Megaman201, Feb 17, 2019.

Loading...
  1. Threadmarks: Origins
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Burning houses and the blood of humans.

    That is what you woke up to that day.

    Not your alarm clock. Not the scent of your daisies on the window sill.

    Just rotting flesh, smoke, and death.

    Sitting up from your position on the cold, hard ground, you open your eyes, rubbing them blearily. Acrid smoke fills your nostrils, but you do not cough. The sight of corpses envelops your sight, but you do not vomit. Instead, it serves to make your stomach rumble, and before you can help yourself you're already grabbing an arm from one of the nearby human bodies and tearing off a hunk of flesh, biting into it. Crimson liquid fills your mouth, and your mind and body are instantly rejuvenated, throwing away the limb as your brain finally catches up with your surroundings.

    You look down at your hands, already starting to decay, thick pustules and boils dotting your greenish-black arms. Your lanky frame is hidden underneath the baggy t-shirt and jeans that now adorn you, and when you look into a piece of cloudy, broken glass, all you see is a marred, disgusting face, with yellowed teeth and bluish eyes.

    You are now a zombie, it seems.

    For some reason, you're taking all of this quite well.

    Character Generation
    [X] Choose a Name for yourself
    [X] What Strain are you?
    Physical - A straight-forward approach, the Physical Strain relies on a balance between offense and defense, often having abilities that aren't very flashy or special, but are good for getting the job done. +1 to all stats, start with Quick Strike (deal 100% of Strength as Damage, 30% chance of double-hit) and Regenerate (recover 40% Vitality as Health).
    Fire - An utter powerhouse in battle, the Fire Strain makes use of high-crit-chance abilities and powerful hits to end fights before they can begin. However, the Fire Strain lacks in recovery options. +5 Strength, start with Fire Strike (Deal 150% of Strength as Damage, 30% chance to deal damage over time) and Phoenix Soul (critical strikes recover 60% of Vitality as Health).
    Frost - Contrasting Fire, the Frost Strain uses highly defensive abilities to make its users a walking tank. Ice Strain users have a wide array of slows and stuns to debilitate their foes in battle. +5 Defense, start with Arctic Strike (Deal 80% of Instinct as Damage, 20% chance to slow victim) and Aqua Shield (recover 30% of Vitality as Health, regenerating health over time).
    Nature - A recovery-focused strain, Nature users are often passive, taking delight in out-healing their opponents while watching them melt from their array of nature's finest weaponry. +5 Vitality, start with Savage Strike (Deal 70% of Strength as Damage, 15% chance to lower victim's Defense) and Synthesis (Recover 25% of Vitality as Health at the beginning of every turn).
    Lightning - An extremely versatile strain, Lightning users often outpace their opponents by a large margin, making use of high burst damage and crowd control to leave victims spinning like a top. +5 Agility, start with Electro Bolt (Deal 65% of Instinct as Damage, 30% chance to increase Strength) and Arc Flash (Deal 120% of Strength as Damage with +15% Critical Chance. +150% Critical Damage if affected by a Lightning buff).
    Shadow - An unconventional choice of evolution, Shadow Strain wielders make use of a wide array of debuffs to manipulate their opponents right to their deaths. +5 Instinct, start with Shadow Bolt (Deal 100% of Instinct as Damage, ignores Defense) and Curse (Deal 50% of Instinct as Damage, reduces healing on target by 70%, and dispells a random buff).
    [X] Allocate your Stats
    12 Free Points
    HP: 25/25
    Focus: 50/50
    Strength: 5
    Vitality: 5
    Defense: 5
    Agility: 5
    Instinct: 5
    Humanity: ???
    HP = 5*Vitality, Focus = 10*Instinct.
    Focus is required to use most abilities.
    Strength is a measure of your overall physical power.
    Vitality is a measure of your endurance and life.
    Defense is your own protection and helps negate damage.
    Agility is a measure of speed and can help in dodging enemy attacks.
    Instinct is used for many abilities and dictates your Focus meter. Will also assist in decision making and intellect.
    Humanity is how separated you are from other zombies like yourself. If your Humanity is low, you sacrifice your morals and ethics in exchange for the power that comes from being an Undead.
    You may decrease your base stat values for extra Free Points, down to 1.

    Now... Where do you go?
    [X] Start by figuring out where the hell you are and how you ended up here. [Discover lore and backstory]
    [X] Have yourself a little breakdown. It's never good to bottle things up. [Save your sanity a bit]
    [X] Join the feast of flesh and blood. [Decreased Humanity, off-the-bat stat boost]
    [X] You're disgusted by this massacre. Flee the area and enter the woods surrounding the town. [Increased Humanity. Begin your Adventure]

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    This takes place in the Sonny universe developed by Krin. Gonna be honest, I have no idea where I'm going with this, and I'm mostly doing it for fun while I wait on things to update. Hopefully it doesn't crash and burn.

    Suggestions, criticisms, discussion, and everything in between is entirely welcome here! I enjoy improving myself and seeing people talk about the quest, it's almost as fueling as coffee.
     
  2. Extras: Character Profile
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Sam
    Level: 2 [30/70]
    HP: 55/55
    Focus: 107/130
    Humanity: 55%
    Cash: $7
    Stats
    Strength: [8][+2] 10
    Vitality: [8][+3] 11
    Defense: [8][+0] 8
    Agility: [11][+2] 13
    Instinct: [9][+4] 13
    Crit Chance: 10%
    Abilities
    [1/5] Heavy Strike - Physical
    • Deal 200% of Strength as Damage.
    • Cooldown: 1 Turn
    • Focus Cost: None
    • Requires Primary Weapon
    [1/5] Electro Bolt - Lightning
    • Deal 65% of Instinct as Damage, 30% chance to gain Empower (+50% Strength) for 2 Turns.
    • Cooldown: None
    • Focus Cost: None
    [1/5] Arc Flash - Lightning
    • Deal 120% of Strength as Damage with +15% Critical Chance. +150% Critical Damage if affected by a Lightning buff.
    • Cooldown: 4 Turns
    • Focus Cost: 20
    [1/5] Energize
    • Restore 50% of Vitality and 100% of your Agility as Health to the target. Grants Haste (+30% Agility) for 3 Turns.
    • Cooldown: 3 Turns
    • Focus Cost: 15
    Equipment
    Torn T-Shirt - A ragged, white shirt, doesn't do much to cover you up, but you kinda like it.
    • Body
    • +1 Instinct
    Ratty Jeans - Hole-filled denim pants, makes you feel tougher. Somehow.
    • Legs
    • +1 Vitality
    Running Shoes - White running shoes that have somehow survived your transportation.
    • Feet
    • +1 Agility
    Hunter's Handguards - Good to keep your fingers warm while slaughtering your prey.
    • Gloves
    • +1 Agility, +3 Instinct, +1 Strength, +2 Vitality
    Wooden Cudgel - A hunk of wood in the rough shape of a club. Good for hitting people with.
    • Primary Weapon (One-Hand)
    • +1 Strength
    Inventory
    Grilled Trout [1]
    • Acquired from the Ghost Fisherman. Somehow, he manages to cook without a fire.
    • Food item.
    • Recover 20% HP.
     
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    TanaNari likes this.
  3. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    Holy shit, THIS brings back memories!

    And starting to look like I'll be the only one playing, so let's do this thing.

    Combatively, they're all pretty similar, so I'm going to go for noncombat utility. Healing between combat rounds is the SOP for Sonny games, so... lightning it is. An instinct attack that grants strength buffs, followed by a strength attack that's just plain brutal. Too good a combo to ignore. Hopefully further levels improve the buff-grant odds.

    We get +5 base agility, for a total of 10. Let's follow it up with a balanced approach of +3 to all the other stats, final results:

    Backstory can wait for now. Seeing as this is a quest, we can always torture some poor asshole for information later. Breakdowns, also can wait, and as lovely as stat buffs are... I'm going with humanity. I have a feeling humanity will be a hard resource to come across. Besides, what's the fun in torturing a character with undeath if he actually enjoys it?

    [X] Lightning strain, for blitzkrieg tactics.
    [X] Stats 3 to all, except agility that uses that +5 intrinsic
    [X] Disgusted by the massacre, flee to the woods

    [X]Bonus plan- use dirt and mud to coat body. Will help to hide both scent and appearance. Decent camouflage for both not being found, and not being recognized as a walking corpse. Nowhere near perfect, but beggars can't be choosers.
     
    rosh3n likes this.
  4. Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Thanks for the response, TanaNari!
    I'm trying my best to blend all the Sonny games together, so while the Strains and Mechanics are similar to the Sonny 2017 Reimagining, I'm also trying to pull in some things from the original Flash Games (the focus meter, for example).

    Also, you forgot to add a name to your vote. Was that intentional?
     
    TanaNari likes this.
  5. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    Didn't realize I was supposed to.

    Hmm... let's go full androgyny here and call this hapless zombie 'Sam'.
     
  6. Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Character Profile updated, new post coming soon. Updates will be kinda short, especially combat ones, so that people can actually interact with the world more rather than it be on mostly autopilot.
     
  7. Threadmarks: The Ghost Beach
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    [X] Disgusted by the massacre, flee to the woods
    [+5% Humanity]
    [X]Bonus plan- use dirt and mud to coat body. Will help to hide both scent and appearance. Decent camouflage for both not being found, and not being recognized as a walking corpse. Nowhere near perfect, but beggars can't be choosers.
    [More likely to avoid combat]

    The sight of the feast is horrendous, in your eyes. These monsters are... devouring people who used to be friends and family. You clutch your head, whimpering like a dog, before rushing off into the nearby forest. You cannot take the sight any longer.

    Disappearing into the woods, you take some time to roll around in a puddle of mud, spreading dirt on your face and caking your body with soil. While not ideal, it should help disguise your scent and features so you aren't immediately shot.

    Maybe.

    Continuing through the trees, you lightly crawl your way through the branches and brambles, hissing as a particularly thorny bit of bushes scratches and slits open a few pustules on your arm, causing them to bleed while leaking a fluorescent yellow fluid.
    [-1 HP].

    Forging onward, you come across what appears to be a beach. A phantasmal entity appears to be fishing, while in the background, a large ship burns. A sign, slightly battered yet surprisingly still standing, tells you the name;

    Ishiguro's Rest.
    [X] Explore the beach (80% Chance of Attack).
    [X] Talk to the ghost (Buy/Sell goods, ask questions, listen to rumors).
    [X] Go looking for a fight ("Training," enemies are weaker).
    [X] Write In (Custom Action).
     
    TanaNari likes this.
  8. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    [X] Stop to talk to the ghost.

    1- Probably safe enough, seeing as Sam's already a walking corpse...
    2- Does the ghost know why there's suddenly a bunch of undead roaming around? Did the gates of hell crack open, or is *this* hell?
    2b- Pretty sure this actually is hell. Would explain everything.
    3- Take a look at the wares, perhaps there's something worth coming back for when we have money.
     
  9. Threadmarks: The Shopkeep
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    You approach the spirit, ambling slightly as you do so, catching the apparitions attention with your shuffling gait. It has no face, nor arms, at least that you can see. Only ghostly robes and a circular straw hat. The spirit bows slightly as you stop, speaking.

    "Greetings, weary traveler. I've fished up several things that might be of use to you."

    You shake your head, saying that you don't have money on you, and are instead here to talk. Maybe browse for when you do have cash. Chuckling, the spirit... sits? On the air, gesturing for you to continue.

    "Inquire, traveler, and perhaps I may have an answer."

    Where did all the undead come from, you ask. Has Hell cracked open at last?

    "I know not how the plague began, however I have heard tell that, in the past, there was an old baron transfixed on immortality ever since his wife died. Who knows."

    Satisfies, you nod, and begin to look at his items.

    Shop
    Icy Katana
    • Your blood freezes when it sings. Whatever blood you have left, in any case.
    • Primary Arms (One-Handed)
    • +2 Agility, +12 Strength
    • Cost: $109
    Hunters Handguards
    • Good to keep your fingers warm while slaughtering your prey.
    • Gloves
    • +1 Agility, +3 Instinct, +1 Strength, +2 Vitality
    • Cost: $43
    Selection increase later.

    Ishiguro's Rest.
    [X] Explore the beach (80% Chance of Attack).
    [X] Talk to the ghost (Buy/Sell goods, ask questions, listen to rumors).
    [X] Go looking for a fight ("Training," enemies are weaker).
    [X] Write In (Custom Action).
     
    Shadow Pen and TanaNari like this.
  10. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    Not much to do, then. I wonder what zombies eat aside the obvious... maybe fishing something up from the sea some day would be a good idea. For now, however...

    [X] Explore the beach
     
  11. Threadmarks: Combat
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    As you explore the ghost beach, it doesn't take long for you to come across a blue-skinned, shambling zombie. The Undead appears to be holding a cudgel of some kind, and it glares at you with suspicion in its eyes.
    Humanity Check [<40%] Failed

    The zombie roars, swinging its club in an arc that fires a bolt of freezing energy at you. Jumping out of the way, you feel heat coursing under your skin, almost like electricity is at the tips of your fingers. Your foe screeches again as it stands there, waiting your next move.

    Looks like you can't reason your way out of this one.

    Combat
    Sam
    Level: 1
    HP: 44/45
    Focus: 80/80
    Frost Zombie
    Level: 2
    HP: 90/90
    Focus: 90/100

    [X] Use Electro Bolt
    [X] Use Arc Flash
    [X] Wait (+20% Agility and +20% Defense against next attack)
    [X] Flee

    Combat Crunch
    I'm using a simple d100 system. Whenever someone makes an attack, I roll d100+[Agility] on both sides to see if it actually hits or not. If it connects, I take the attacking stat (usually strength or instinct) minus Half the enemy's Defense, then calculate damage.

    For example;
    You and the Frost Zombie both roll d100+11. You get 50, he gets 43, so your attack hits. In this encounter, the Frost Zombie has 6 defense and you have 9 Instinct, so that's 9-3=6 Instinct. Multiply by 65% for the damage, and you deal 4 damage to the Zombie.

    If you have a better system in mind, please don't hesitate to say so. The stats above are not the stats of the Frost Zombie.
     
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  12. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    Electro bolt until we get the 1/3rd chance of the electric buff, then use arc flash until buff wears off.
     
  13. Threadmarks: Combat II
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Channeling the lightning beneath your skin, you clasp your hands together, sending forth a bolt of electricity towards the Frost Zombie. Connecting, the undead is electrocuted, howling in pain as it kneels.
    Sam dealt 6 Damage to Frost Zombie
    Frost Zombie: 83/90 HP


    The Frost Zombie then roars, swinging its cudgel at you, but the wild swing barely even skins a pustule as you duck out of the way. Rolling to your feet, you send another shocking bolt at the Zombie, who howls once again.
    Sam dealt 6 Damage to Frost Zombie
    Frost Zombie: 57/90 HP


    The Frost Zombie launches a chilling blast at you, different from the other, and as you move to roll away it appears to... change its angle? Your spine screams in agony as the bolt slams into your back, forced on to the ground and dazed. Your foe follows up with a strike from his club, but when it connects, barely any damage is done, and you are able to slam the Frost Zombie with another bolt of electricity.
    Frost Zombie dealt 12 Damage to Sam
    Sam: 32/45 HP
    Sam dealt 6 Damage to Frost Zombie
    Frost Zombie: 51/90 HP


    Power courses through you as your more potent electric strengths awaken. Lightning coursing into your fist, you slam the Frost Zombie in its skull, the heat and current causing its face to bake as it howls.
    Sam dealt 25 Damage to Frost Zombie
    Frost Zombie: 26/90 HP


    Combat
    Sam
    Level: 1
    HP: 32/45
    Focus: 60/80
    Arc Flash Cooldown: 4 Turns
    Empowered [+50% Strength]: 1 Turn
    Frost Zombie
    Level: 2
    HP: 26/90
    Focus: 50/100

    [X] Use Electro Bolt
    [X] Wait (+20% Agility and +20% Defense against next attack)
    [X] Flee
    [X] Write-In
     
    Shadow Pen likes this.
  14. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    [X] Use Electro Bolt

    There's no point in switching up the strategy. Keep relying on the bolt until the bash cooldown as timed out, or a couple lucky crits drop the dude.

    ... If this were the actual game, I'd have a second bash on the command bar...
     
  15. Threadmarks: Combat III
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    Continuing with your plan, you charge up another bolt of electricity, letting it loose on the Frost Zombie. However, for once, it misses, the yellow orb whizzing by its head as the Zombie charges at you. The Frost Zombie visibly tinges red with rage, strength coursing through it.
    Sam loses Empowered.
    Arc Flash Cooldown: 3 Turns
    Frost Zombie is Enraged. +300% Strength.


    Attempting to save your own hide, you Wait, guarding yourself against the oncoming attack. Even with your preparations, however, you cannot dodge out of the way in time, and you are slammed full-force with a strike from the Frost Zombie's cudgel to the skull.
    Frost Zombie deals 5 Damage to Sam.
    Arc Flash Cooldown: 2 Turns
    Frost Zombie loses Enraged.
    Sam: 27/45 HP


    Rubbing your head, you begin charging another bolt of electricity, sending it whizzing at your opponent. The orb connects, frying the Zombie even more as its skin turns black, blood and pus leaking from its various orifices. On its last legs, the Frost Zombie charges at you, wanting to put you in the ground once and for all.
    Sam deals 6 Damage to Frost Zombie.
    Arc Flash Cooldown: 1 Turn
    Frost Zombie: 20/90 HP


    The Frost Zombie brings a glowing-blue club down on you with wicked speed, but you are able to roll out of the way in time, sending both the zombie and the club into the snow. Dazed, your opponent is vulnerable to your counter, which you take with a vicious bolt of energy to its skull. Power courses through you again as your muscle fibers tighten, lightning empowering you as yellow-green bolts shock the frozen ground around your form.
    Sam deals 12 Damage to Frost Zombie.
    Sam gains Empowered. +50% Strength for 2 Turns.
    Arc Flash: Ready
    Frost Zombie: 8/90 HP


    The Frost Zombie tries to scramble up to its feet again, but you tighten your fist, electricity arcs from your hand in an arc as the Frost Zombie is electrocuted. Your foe lies still, dead on the frozen ground, unmoving for the last time. Knowledge and strength enters you once more, different from the last time. It feels like you've grown stronger after that fight.
    Frost Zombie has died.
    Sam gained 80 XP.
    Sam gained $50
    Level up!
    Sam: 27/45 HP, 40/80 Focus.



    [X] Pick up whatever equipment is on the body. (Gain "Cudgel (+3 Strength)", 30% chance for Accessory equipment.)
    [X] Devour the corpse of your victim. (+1 to Instinct and Strength, recover 20% Health and Focus. Decreased Humanity.)
    [X] Return to the beach and rest.
    [X] Continue looking for battle.

    [X] Gained 2 Stat Points
    [X] Choose a new Ability, or Level Up your current ones
    [2/5] Electro Bolt
    • Deal 85%[+20%] of Instinct as Damage, 40%[+10%] chance to gain Empower (+50% Strength) for 2 Turns.
    • Cooldown: None
    • Focus Cost: None
    [2/5] Arc Flash
    • Deal 120% of Strength as Damage with +15% Critical Chance. +160%[+10%] Critical Damage if affected by a Lightning buff.
    • Cooldown: 4 Turns
    • Focus Cost: 20
    [1/5] Energize
    • Restore 50% of Vitality and 100% of your Agility as Health to the target. Grants Haste (+30% Agility) for 3 Turns.
    • Cooldown: 3 Turns
    • Focus Cost: 15

    XXXXXX

    If there's any way you think I can improve, don't hesitate to say so!
     
    Shadow Pen likes this.
  16. Renko

    Renko Demon Lord of the Sixth Heaven ~☆

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2018
    Messages:
    399
    Likes Received:
    618
    I love Sonny 1 and 2!

    I don't know about Sonny 2017 though.....

    All I know it's on mobile and Steam, it's paid, it lacked a lot of features from the previous games, and not a lot of fans like it......

    But anyway, those two games were my favourite back in the day and seeing it as a setting for a quest brings back a lot of memories.

    David Orr's music for the games was too notch too!

    Definitely going to keep an eye on this one.

    I just hope this doesn't die too quickly like majority of quest stories.
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    TanaNari likes this.
  17. Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    I'm attempting to blend together elements from all three of the current games. I'll probably fail in the process, but in the meantime, enjoy what I've written!
     
  18. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    [X] Pick up whatever equipment is on the body.

    (This should probably be automatic unless there's a story-enforced rush).

    [X] Resist impulse to eat zombie, go back to beach to rest and get a handle on what just happened. That's messed up on so many levels.

    [X] Ask our ghost buddy if he ever fishes up actual fish in that store of his. If zombie flesh is a valid meal, surely animals also work. I'm guessing seaweed won't work, however.

    [X] +1 Agi, +1 Inst
    [X] Pick up Energize- gonna need a heal sooner or later.
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  19. Threadmarks: Return to the Beach
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    You feel... faster. Stronger. Picking up the dropped cudgel of the Frost Zombie, you weigh it in your hands, and decide it's good enough for swinging. Primary Weapon acquired. Unlocked "Heavy Strike." Lightning continues to crackle beneath your skin, and as you observe your body, it looks... blackened. Charred, almost, with sparks of yellow and blue arcing over your flesh. Shaking your head, you decide to ignore it for now, heading back to the rest area to get your bearings. This is weird. Excessively. How in the fuck did you just... fling orbs of electricity all over hell and gone, and punch someone so hard that their face nearly melted?

    It's insane. That's the only explanation.

    You've developed... lightning powers, you suppose, and are somehow able to beat undead monsters a head taller than you to nothing but pulp. It's... you sigh.

    You decide to talk to your "Ghost Buddy," since you never did get a name, asking if he ever fishes up actual fish. The spirit, having no face, still manages to convey a moment of happiness. "Why yes, traveler, indeed I do have food in my store. I imagine you're getting hungry, yes?" Your belly, somehow, rumbles, despite you being an Undead and biological processes should have stopped long ago. Then again, you're undead, already fictitious. The ghost chuckles, and gives you a Grilled Trout. "That should help you recover, traveler. On the house, as they say." H-How? There's no grill anywhere nearby... fuck it, shouldn't question it. Free food.

    Shop
    Icy Katana
    • Your blood freezes when it sings. Whatever blood you have left, in any case.
    • Primary Arms (One-Handed)
    • +2 Agility, +12 Strength
    • Cost: $109
    Hunters Handguards
    • Good to keep your fingers warm while slaughtering your prey.
    • Gloves
    • +1 Agility, +3 Instinct, +1 Strength, +2 Vitality
    • Cost: $43
    Grilled Trout
    • Somehow, the ghost manages to cook fish without fire.
    • Food item.
    • Recover 20% HP.
    • $20
    Selection increase later.

    Ishiguro's Rest [3:21 AM]
    [X] Explore the beach (80% Chance of Attack).
    [X] Talk to the ghost (Buy/Sell goods, ask questions, listen to rumors).
    [X] Go looking for a fight ("Training," enemies are weaker).
    [X] Rest (List amount of hours. Recover 50% of Vitality as Health and 50% of Instinct as Focus per Hour.)
    [X] Write In (Custom Action).
     
    Shadow Pen likes this.
  20. TanaNari

    TanaNari Verified Dick

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2015
    Messages:
    6,083
    Likes Received:
    84,659
    Strength: [8][+1] 9
    Vitality: [8][+1] 9
    Defense: [8][+0] 8
    Agility: [11][+1] 12
    Instinct: [9][+1] 10
    Crit Chance: 10%

    27/45 HP, 40/80 Foc

    "Say, got a name? I'm Sam."

    Sam sits near the ghost fisherman, but far enough away to not get in the way of the fishing. After that bout with the zombie, he was in less than ideal health. His mind, moreso than his body, struggled to deal with this new reality. "Say, since I have a little cash now, I could use those gloves."

    [X]Buy gloves. +3 inst, +2 vit are what matters. At least, right now.

    Now we gain 5.5 hp and 6.5 Foc per hour.

    [X] Spend the next 4 hours resting and possibly chatting with the ghost, finding out what he knows about the area while recovering from injury. Or, if that's not an option, take a nap. The 22 hp and 26 focus are what matters most.

    Note to self: focus is going to be a tight resource, find ways to boost its recovery.

    [X] Go looking for fight.

    After recovering, Sam got up. Unliving muscle and the inhuman recovery it granted would take some getting accustomed to. For now, it was time to build a little more money by clearing the region of some of the zombie infestation.

    [X] Rely on bashing attacks as much as possible, since they don't require focus and we can always buy fish to recover quite a chunk of health where necessary.
     
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  21. Threadmarks: Shopping and Battle
    Megaman201

    Megaman201 Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2019
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    332
    "Excuse me, do you have a name? I'm Sam." You say, giving a smile, however hideous, to the spirit. You take a seat next to the ghost, legs crunching up and knees at your chest, hugging your shins as you look out to the sea. Everything has been so... hectic. It seems the shock of things has worn off, and now you can finally see how fucked you are. An abomination of a monster in a world where almost everything wants to kill you. It makes you feel...
    [X] Scared
    [X] Calm
    [X] Excited

    The ghost hums for a moment before answering. "You may call me Gin." He says with a soft chuckle. Probably an inside joke. You smile, before remembering you have actual money now. Pulling out several bills, you offer them to Gin, asking to purchase the gloves, which he brings out happily. "Not many are able to purchase my wares on their second day. You seem to be a lucky one."

    -$43, gained Hunter's Handguards.

    Slipping on your new item, you grin, feeling a bit of pride at finally having done something relatively normal. Shopping for clothes. Clenching your fists, you get up, waving to Gin and heading to a small cave you saw while exploring. Placing a few sharp stones at the entrance, you sleep on the sand, feeling a bit safer than usual.

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    "I'm Louis. Just a friend. Can you walk?"
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    Sitting up, you take a moment to appreciate the inhuman recovery that being a zombie grants you. Most of your previous wounds have damn near fully healed, your focus has improved, and by God you feel strong. Picking up your cudgel, you head outside, using the club to brush aside the rocks placed to pierce people's feet. Heading out of the cavern, you hum, striding across the beach with a small smile. You then happen upon something that is going to prove... quite a bit challenging.

    A blue-skinned Frost Zombie, seemingly leading two green-skinned, normalish zombies that you mentally categorize as Walkers. The blue zombie lets out a howl as it points at you with its cudgel, and its minions attack, claws swiping at your form. Neatly dodging out of the way, you roll into a crouched position, grip on your club tightening. Electricity crackles beneath your skin, your flesh blackening as bluish-gold energy begins arcing across your muscles.

    You fight.

    Battle
    [X] Attack (pick a target)
    Electro Bolt
    Heavy Strike
    Arc Flash
    Energize
    [X] Wait (Raises Agility by 300% until next turn)
    [X] Item
    Grilled Trout (Recover 20% HP)
    [X] Flee

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    If I make any mistakes, please let me know!
     
    TanaNari likes this.
Loading...