1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The UnOrdinary Punch (One-Punch Man/UnOrdinary)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by DemonsAnarchyOfPride, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    DemonsAnarchyOfPride

DemonsAnarchyOfPride Better to Rule in Hell, than to serve Heaven

The world was constantly threatened by bizarre threats.

Man-made monsters. Extraterrestrial beings. Ancient life forms that predated humanity. Inter-dimensional monstrosities.

However, in the nation of Japan, there exists an organization who defends the world from such threats. They were founded years ago, when a young boy was threatened by a monster who attempted to kill him for such a petty reason and was saved by a mere pedestrian.

They were the Hero Association. Renown among the world for their skills and personnel, they employed the abilities of many incredible heroes. The best of the best, however, were the S-Rated Heroes. The strongest and most powerful. The elite.

One day, a threat emerged in Japan, attempting to swallow Japan whole with a black hole. You are one of the many Heroes who became a member of the Association, and were tasked with defeating this threat.

You accomplished your mission, but the monster had one last surprise up their sleeve. It pulled you inside of the black hole.

At first, you couldn't help but think that this was the end. That you would die here. When you woke up, however, you found yourself someplace else, lying in the middle of an alleyway. Your head was spinning. It felt like you had a migraine.

You looked around, wondering if the monster was here also. As it was not present, you assume you had either killed it or it had escaped.

If it was still walking, you had to defeat it. Before it could cause harm to innocent civilians.

After all, you are...

[] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin)
    [] Genos (The Demon Cyborg. If the monster still lives, you'll kill it and return to your Master)
    [] Tatsumaki (The Tornado of Terror. If the monster still lives, kill it for causing you so much trouble.)

2. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

[♡] Krillan (Earths Mightiest Human. If the monster still lives, kill it or get Owned trying.)

3. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

Keep it One Punch related, please.
    ...that said, now that you mention it, Krillan does have a bad habit of dying, don't he? O.O I think he might have a bigger death count than Goku. Or at the very least gets his ass kicked more often.

4. RichardWhereat

Honestly dont know either series. So, was just injecting levity.

DemonsAnarchyOfPride likes this.
  5. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

Finding UnOrdinary is pretty easy if you type it into your search engine, though it starts off relatively slow. As for One Punch Man... I at least recommend giving the first chapter of the manga a look, or watching a clip from the anime series regarding Saitama, Genos or Tatsumaki.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  6. RichardWhereat

Found it, it's looking good so far. Except damn, doesn't look like they've got anything approaching a rule of law, and I'm not understanding why there hasn't been a school shooting yet.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. todbo

todbo Not too sore, are you?

[x] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin)

8. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

I know, right? Makes me question what in the hell is wrong with the government if it lets people do this kind of shit.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  9. a_lone_solipsist

a_lone_solipsist Reporting in from hell.

Either
    or
    [x] Tatsumaki (The Tornado of Terror. If the monster still lives, kill it for causing you so much trouble.)

10. aattss

aattss I'll put something here eventually.

[x] Tatsumaki (The Tornado of Terror. If the monster still lives, kill it for causing you so much trouble.)

Figured I'd vote for the character who isn't the main one.

Edit: Also,

[X] Garou (Hero Hunter. Formerly. If the monster still lives, finish it off. Then go back to your mid-life crisis.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  11. RichardWhereat

So far (chapter 80), I'm liking John of Unordinary as the main character.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  12. aattss

Well, I've caught up with the webtoon. It's a good read.

One thing I noticed was that I haven't seen anyone in UnOrdinary demonstrate any feats that would put them on a comparable level to people who regularly defeat kaijus. I mean, we haven't necessarily seen the strongest ability users in UnOrdinary, but anyway, I'm not going to be shedding any tears if the evil government conspiracy runs into some difficulties.

Of the OPM characters, Saitama would tell things straight from a common sense standpoint (and also find the idea of people being innately stronger than others to be silly). Genos would right wrongs because he's a standard protagonist with a sense of justice. Tatsumaki is interesting in terms of being rather arrogant herself, and what she thought of Fubuki's comrades, but I'm pretty sure she'd still be against corruption, and people abusing their powers, and how the heroes of this world lack funding/manpower/support despite the police still being incompetent. I made a write in for Garou because he sounds like the person who would be all for overturning a society which bullies and discriminates against people who can't fight back.

13. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

It's addicting, that's for sure. And, come on, let's be honest. Saitama would throw UnOrdinary World on its head, namely because of his whole personality. For example, let's say, for story reasons, he kicks Arlo's ass in front of everyone in Wellstone. Due to the situation of this story, the MC will be de-aged and made a teenager, excluding Genos since he is TECHNICALLY still a teenager in terms of body, minus the robotic enhancements. If Saitama is the MC and he beats Arlo in front of everyone in school, he's automatically made King on the spot. What would be his response to that?

"...whoops?"

Okay, let's do a tally.

RichardWhereat
    todbo
    a_lone_solipsist
    aattss

[X] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin) Votes: 2
    [X] Tatsumaki (The Tornado of Terror. If the monster still lives, kill it for causing you so much trouble.) Votes: 2
    [X] Genos (The Demon Cyborg. If the monster still lives, you'll kill it and return to your Master) Votes: 0
    [X] Garou (Hero Hunter. Formerly. If the monster still lives, finish it off. Then go back to your mid-life crisis.)

14. Cold Burn

Cold Burn Making the rounds.

[X] Genos (The Demon Cyborg. If the monster still lives, you'll kill it and return to your Master)

c'mon guys, let's go with the cool option rather than the options which, lets be honest, would result in boring nonflict after boring nonflict situation. I mean nothing can challenge Saitama, that's the point of him, and Tatsumaki is basically the same, just wth telekinesis rather than punching, and would be beyond difficult to challenge.

Worse, from a gameplay perspective going with one of them might be shooting ourselves in the foot if the GM decides that the effects which copy or seal powers can apply to our powers. Genos however has no powers, not the sort you'd see on a member of the X-Men anyway. He's a cyborg, with built rockets and such, and writing fight scenes with him had so much more potential for awesome than the other choices.

Besides I'd rather give him a chance to shine.

15. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

Actually, no matter who's the MC, they'll be at full power at all times. Its who the MC is that pretty much decides just how SCREWED Uru-chan's world will be.

Saitama? Pft. He'd wreck the status quo by pure fucking accident. He'd probably be the new King of Wellston by mistake, and wouldn't do a damn thing.

Tatsumaki? She. Drops. Fucking. Meteors. Admittedly, it was anime-only (I think) but my point still stands! She'd be above God-tier, the highest level of Ability-users, and she wouldn't give two shits. Everybody's a scrub to her.

Garou? He'd know how to kick your ass six ways from Sunday, no matter how strong you are. He did kick the shit out of plenty of high-tiers, just by knowing how they fight. Pretty much his whole damn gimmick.

Genos is pretty much an even match for almost everyone. He's only real worry is the running gag of him getting demolished and rekt, since his usual repair man won't be there to help him.

Cold Burn, todbo and SixthRanger like this.
  16. aattss

For the sake of tie breaking, I mean, I'd think Saitama would be fun to put in here.

17. baranor7

baranor7 Making the rounds.

[x] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin

18. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

19. Vanestus

Vanestus Versed in the lewd.

[X] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin)

20. Chadster

Chadster Experienced.

[x] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin

21. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

Before I do the tally, I want to thank whoever switched this over to the proper forums. That was my mistake, but I didn't know how to correct it as I'm still relatively new to the site. Even though I've had this account for a year now...
    Now then, let's do the final tally.

RichardWhereat
    todbo
    a_lone_solipsist
    aattss
    Cold Burn
    baranor7
    mrtao
    Vanestus
    Chadster

[X] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin) Votes: 7
    [X] Tatsumaki (The Tornado of Terror. If the monster still lives, kill it for causing you so much trouble.) Votes: 2
    [X] Genos (The Demon Cyborg. If the monster still lives, you'll kill it and return to your Master) Votes: 1
    [X] Garou (Hero Hunter. Formerly. If the monster still lives, finish it off. Then go back to your mid-life crisis.) Votes: 1

22. Threadmarks: 01
    DemonsAnarchyOfPride

[X] Saitama (The Caped Baldy...much to your chagrin)

You were Saitama. The hero who became a hero for fun.

In all honesty, though, you weren't entirely sure what the heck was going on. Genos had requested backup when that monster appeared out of nowhere. Such a shame, too. Your manga was just getting to the good part. Still, being a hero meant getting paid, so you didn't waste any time in heading to Genos' position.

To say that the Black Hole monster was strange was an understatement. For some reason, it did the same thing all villains did, giving out its name and then giving a monologue that you just didn't have the patience to listen to. Really, couldn't they just shorten it to twenty words or less?

Getting sucked into that Black Hole had been a shock, and one heck of a trippy experience. You didn't have any time to understand what was happening, even when that monster was cackling about how it was going to take it with you. It failed, obviously, since you were in some kind of alley. A downright smelly one too.

Good grief, when was the last time they took out the trash? Also, why was your head so itchy?

You got up to your feet, and then noticed something that made you somewhat upset. Your costume was, for lack of better words, destroyed. The upper half of your jumpsuit was completely destroyed, leaving you only with everything below the belt. At the very least, you weren't naked.

Still, what an asshole. Didn't he realize just how much it cost to keep this thing in prime condition?

At any rate, it was best if you left and returned back to Genos. He was probably waiting for you, and maybe crying his eyeballs out. That kid was sometimes too much. You knew he meant well, but there was just this thing called too much.

When you left the alley, you expected to see abandoned streets. It was usually per the course whenever a monster attacked Japan, especially one that could create black holes. You were pretty sure the city was wrecked all to hell, too. Instead, however, you were greeted with the sight of a lively city, thriving with people coming and going, with no small amount of people looking at you like a weirdo.

"...okay. Cool." you commented. "That's pretty fast." You blinked. When did you ever sound so young?

"Hey!" You looked to the side. Approaching you was your everyday man in blue, black cap, badge and all, followed by a younger looking officer. And judging by the wrinkles and scowl on his face, he was clearly not in a good mood. "What're you doing dressed up like that, kid?!"

You frown. Did he seriously call you a kid? He didn't look that much older than you. Granted, you were bald, but still. "Not my fault." you defended yourself. It really wasn't. If anything, you wanted to blame that black hole monster for destroying your costume and rendering you half-naked. The cop should be glad you weren't completely naked. "I got into a fight with a guy who made black holes, so my outfit's ruined. Do you know a good sowing place around here?"

The cop didn't like your answer. His wrinkles grew as he got up in your face. Oh, sweet lord, when was the last time this guy brushed his teeth? "A delinquent, huh? Shouldn't you be in school?!"

"H-hey, boss! Calm down!" the younger officer worriedly tried to get his companion to calm down.

You ignored him, frown growing. "What do you mean by kid?" you ask. "You don't look that old, pops. I mean, sure I'm bald, but..." You trail off when that itching sensation comes back again. Seriously, what is this? It felt annoying. Did you have a tick or something? You slapped your hand on top of your dome, promptly feeling something on top of your head. It felt like...fur? No, not quite. It was too thin.

You looked at the window next to you, which was presenting the reflection of anything that passed by. Sure enough, there was something on top of your...head...

...wait a second. Did you get younger? And more importantly, was this...

No.

NO. IT COULDN'T BE. COULD IT?!

You ran your hands through whatever it was that was on top of your dome. This sensation, this feeling of softness. This overwhelming nostalgia as you scratched out an annoying itch.

"I-I..." you whimpered, causing the officers to stare at you. Then they grew disturbed as tears of joy started to run down your face. "I have hair! I have hair again!"

This was-how as this possible?! Was this because you got sucked into that black hole?! Oh, who cares! You had HAIR! You weren't bald anymore! Hah! Now you could finally get rid of that damned hero name! Man, how would Genos react to seeing him with a full head of hair? A giggle escaped your throat, just picturing his reaction and everyone else's when they were going to find out. You haven't felt this excited since the day you first began this hero job of yours.

"...the hell's wrong with you?" the cop asked, disgusted by your actions. "You know what? Forget it. C'mon, kid. You're coming wi-"

He was promptly cut off when an explosion rocked the earth. Quite loudly. You stopped your happy dance and looked behind you, finding smoke rising in the distance not far from where you were. "God dammit! Another one?!" the cop growled before he turned to his younger partner. "Mike! Get your ass in gear!"

"Y-Yes sir!"

The cops then left you, going straight for the parked police cruiser on the curb, taking off to where the explosion had occurred. You stared at the sight for a minute, then tilted your head. On the one hand, you were supposed to be getting back at Genos, but on the other hand, you couldn't very well ignore someone's plight. Just because you were finally a B-Class Hero didn't mean you could slack off.

What to do...?

[] Investigate the explosion. If there's a bad guy causing it, take 'em down quick, then get back to Genos.
    [] Leave. While you are worried, you remember that there are other S-Class Heroes around.

Rei panted, kneeling down to the ground. 'I don't get it...' he thought, puzzled and concerned as his assailants slowly approached him. One held an ironing brand while the other had his Ability active: his arms were like giant slabs of metal resembling pincers, sharp and large enough to smash his leg in one hit if he wasn't careful. 'Why can't I use my Ability?!'

"Target's Ability has been hampered." one of them said, voice distorted. It was clear that they were using modulators to hide their identities, in the event he wouldn't make it out of this. "Moving in for elimination."

He scowled. 'So that's it... These bastards are...' He had heard of these guys on the news before. The ones who had been killing off Vigilantes. Rei tried to stand up again, but his body hurt too much. Something was definitely wrong. Whatever was keeping him from using his Ability, it was making him weak. 'Dammit.'

'...sorry, Remi. I don't think Big Brother's coming home.'

23. todbo

todbo Not too sore, are you?

[X] Investigate the explosion. If there's a bad guy causing it, take 'em down quick, then get back to Genos.

24. aattss

[x] Investigate the explosion. If there's a bad guy causing it, take 'em down quick, then get back to Genos.

25. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x] Investigate the explosion. If there's a bad guy causing it, take 'em down quick, then get back to Genos.

26. Vanestus

Vanestus Versed in the lewd.

[X] Investigate the explosion. If there's a bad guy causing it, take 'em down quick, then get back to Genos.

27. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

lol Saitama's entire ennui crisis, resolved by hair.

28. DemonsAnarchyOfPride

Well, he did take it badly whenever someone was calling him bald, even if it was true.

Besides, you gotta admit. Saitama with hair kinda looks cool.

Scherazade and mrttao like this.
  29. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

The big question is... since it reverted his age, making him younger and have hair again, did it also make him weak again?

30. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.