1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

because against something like we're fighting the police will get eaten for not bringing enough firepower.

2. TheArchive

TheArchive Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Just to be clear, I can see why calling the police would be more trouble than it's worth (most likely). I was just referring to why I don't understand the specific excuse being used (that calling the police means having to tell them a monster is attacking).

However, telling the police that there's a hostage situation or something else major like that makes me think they actually would bring enough firepower in that case, as they would be preparing for an almost certain fight.

3. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

pistols and smgs are enough firepower for what we are fighting?

4. TheArchive

TheArchive Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I think you might be missing my point. I don't know what kind of weapons they'd bring since I don't know how they respond to situations like that. I was just saying that they'd probably bring more than a couple of cop cars.

5. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

JAPAN people, they will be lucky if they have tasers and clubs, this is not the USA they have NO firearms as far as I'm aware.

add to that the fact that Japan is very much a lets keep out heads down and not cause trouble place, unless its something like an armed robbery at a bank or a business you would have more luck getting the local Yakuza to help then you would the police.

At the very most IF Honoka thought it was a good idea *highly unlikely but lets say she did* we may get ONE officer walking around sent to check things out, if that, particularly since this is Anime/Manga Japan with crazy martial artists and gangs all around the place, hell its one of the reasons the stores we helped didn't call the cops, it wouldn't have done any good so better to just keep your head down and try to get through it.

blah I'm probably not explaining this very well, its late for me and I'm sleepy as all hell

6. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Isn't that one of the reasons why the Yakuza were such a big problem?

7. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Just to be clear, if it's anything that we would consider a fair fight you need to bring in the anti-armor ordinance. Police officers don't typically carry that level of firepower around period. The Army tends to be jealous bastards.

8. cronos2chaos

cronos2chaos I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Tribulations of the God-Harem King

9. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain I trust you know where the happy button is?

Out of curiosity, do we already have Fist of the Daystar Form and Fists of Iron Technique active?

10. EternitynChaos

No, not yet, that's why they are activated as part of the current vote, currently only Monkey Leap is active as far as Scene Long charms go, the only other things that were used were virtue channels and reflexive charms from what I remember

And here, everyone have a gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdviCoGxRDQ

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

In before new thread is made, goodbye second thread.

12. EternitynChaos

Well said, we have had some fun times, here's hoping we will have even more in the next thread to come /laugh

13. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

New thread's going to be interesting. That's for sure.

14. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Either Bright forgot to use Second/Third Craft Excellency, botched Third Craft second reroll, or something else is gonna happen.

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Still not sure why we're changing threads every hundred pages, but whatever. More work for you guys.

16. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

What makes you think that Bright had anything to do with Boosted Gear going offline?

17. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Because there's literally no other explanation and she's been messing around with its internal structure for a while now ?

I mean, even the most HAX character of DxD never disabled Boosted Gear that way in canon, so some random, if strong, youkai somehow managing to ? Fat chance.

18. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

You referring to Rizevim?

19. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Come to think of it, doesn't Integrity Protecting Prana also protect attuned artifacts from shaping? So if it wasn't Bright, we could just trigger that to get it back. 'Course, if Bright broke it who knows what coulda happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. EternitynChaos

Here is a copy of the charm text in full

Integrity-Protecting Prana
    Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Integrity 1, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Duration: One day
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    Required for Charms: Destiny-Manifesting Method, Truth Shines Through

The Sun’s Chosen define their own reality. This Charm protects the character from any Shaping effect that directly alters her mind, body, spirit or traits. This includes instantaneous Shaping effects and any new alterations caused by long-term Shaping effects. This Charm also protects the character from any undodgeable, unblockable Shaping attacks. Wyld energy cannot create a serpent inside the character’s stomach or turn her armor to lava, whether it’s manipulated by an enemy or its own random whims, because these effects inflict immediate damage and the character’s DV is not applicable.

This Charm does not protect against the miscellaneous dangers of the Wyld. If a Wyld effect creates a hundred-headed snake monster with burning chalcedony eyes that then eats the character, this is not directly altering the character’s body through shaping. Nor is it an “attack” when a Wyld effect transforms the character’s armor into harmless gossamer spider webs—simply an undesirable effect.

Hope that helps

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  21. Odysseus2099

I think, though I'm not positive, that Artifacts count as "traits" on the character sheet, though I'd need someone more familiar with the rules to weigh in.

22. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Traits isn't a term in exalted.

They do appear on the character sheet though. They are a kind of background. The better the artifact the more dots of the artifact background you need to buy it.

23. EternitynChaos

Err, no traits are things like Abilities and Charms and Attributes etc, Artefacts are something which is specificity not a trait, as you can't just spend Xp to buy one, hell the Trait Maximum is the limit you can raise Attributes and Abilities *up to your Essence Score* so unless I am missing something rather major *not that is hasn't happened before* I don't think that's the case, of course, considering Boosted Gear is part of our Soul, much like our Exaltation is now, things may be even more complicated then they would have been normally, To me, this looks like a case of letting the Story Teller make a call, and leaving it at that, because I don't think there is a precedent to this situation in ALL of Creation /laugh

but anyway, I'd better get my food and then crash, fingers crossed on an update later on /grin

24. Odysseus2099

The reason I think it is is because I can't imagine the shitfits that would be thrown if someones Artifact 5 Orichalcum Daiklaive that shoots blasts of energy and makes you more attractive to women that he spent good BP on at CharGen got turned to moldy porridge because he accidentally got too close to a Wyld zone.

25. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

26. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Deletes post

27. dreaddragonking

dreaddragonking Getting out there.

• Rule 7 - Necromancy
    damn, i just found this sequel thread, but damn have things escalated.

Also ah oh in terms of that plant thing that likely has anti our dragon related powers