1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

The guy with Booster Gear's opposite, Divine Dividing. We asked Azazael about him.

2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Vali_Lucifer

Personally, in my view those two perverts are assholes, not friends, or at least not any friends I'd want.

As it is our Issei is making better friends currently, hell he's even got Male friends who are better friends, even the ex-fallen angel that exsists to kick our ass is a better friend in my view.

Also with the Trial of Sacrifice, I will not that sometimes when you get to that part of things you realise you have already made the sacrifice, you just didn't realise it until now.

That may very well be the case with us here.

3. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I don't know enough to call them assholes. That's why I'm asking if Issei has any deep personal bonds with from shared trauma or where they bailed each other out in the past...Was there a reason he became friends with them in the first place out of a similiar level of lust & horniness & a share sense of camaraderie from being shunned by other people in their class?

4. EternitynChaos

no, not really, the only bond they shared is that they were all perverts. thats it, and any time anything good happens to Issei they do there best to shit all over it, because its not happening to them, that sort of behaviour is not what I would call being someones friend, or if it is, its no friend I would want to have.

5. megrisvernin

Hmm. I would like to redeem them as characters. It feels...odd to criticize them so heavily for some of their actions given canon Issei's own views & choices. That said I meant what I said. We just don't have time. We have a lot of more powerful forces coming closer & closer in orbit around us & Issei needs to focus on improving his own abilities & those of his allies who he can uplift & strengthen more easily. Hanging out with them is just...a far down priority for me.

6. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

I don't think sacrificing a relationship is something issei would do. At least not now. Besides we can learn dxd magic much easier with akeno.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  7. megrisvernin

Is this still about the sorcery thing?

I'm not arguing we drop the two over that. At a certain point not actively seeking them, though, is the same in a sense of letting the relationship go. It may not be as fast or quick, but we're letting our friendship deteriorate over time.

8. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

yeah and the sad thing is this sort of happens in canon they appear maybe once per volume.

9. megrisvernin

I'm not opposed to hanging out with them but...I have certain expectations of them. Most importantly they'll need to keep their jealousy of Issei in check. Last thing I want is them being green with envy with envy over us. Second the need to keep their lust under control. It's fine to make comments about our girls in private with Issei but no comments about their bodies in public. Especially not to Asia.

10. EternitynChaos

never going to happen, they are as likely to do that as Happosai is to give up perversion and become a monk spreading peace and enlightenment.

11. megrisvernin

They can be as lecherous as they want on their own time. I only ask that they control their comments when in view of the public. In fact as long as no one overhears, it's fine for them to make those comments in front of Yang or Mittelt. Both wouldn't mind the attention. The problem comes with Asia & Ruby, the former for being too innocent & made uncomfortable the latter for the reaction Yang would have...

Besides I don't quite buy that they can't see character improvement. The problem comes down to finding time for them when we have so any pressing issues. It's also not likely to be relaxing for Issei if they keep making comments like that in front of the women he cares about. Keep a friendship for them that doesn't turn stressful for Issei will be...difficult...

12. EternitynChaos

impossible you mean, the only way they are going to become actual friends rather then fungus is if we brainwash them into becoming real thinking humans rather then the petty childish jealous creatures they currently are.

Which is a waste of time, energy and is probably morally not good. I have no doubt they can become nice people, in 10 years or so, maybe, if they don't get themselves killed before then.

And simply put, I have no reason to care about them, right now I have no investment in them, they will just end up draging us down with them so why bother.

13. EternitynChaos

Probably my biggest problem with those two, is they have ALL of Issei's canon failings with none of his good points, no loyalty, no strength of character under all that perversion, basicly they are everything Bad about Issei without the things that make Issei a good person, why the hell would we want to spend more time with them when we have GOOD friends now, not only Asia, Mittelt, Ruby and Yang, but Rias and her peerage as well

14. megrisvernin

Can anyone more familiar with canon point out a time when those two did should actually character development or depth?
    That's going a bit too far. Issei managed to show some actual improvement over the series & he seemed lecherous enough. Mind you I don't think it'll be easy but it can be done & quite shorter than taking years.

A lack of narrative investment is a point. I don't care much about them...

15. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

I've read up to volume 15 and honestly, they don't show up that much. I can't remember what volume, but I do remember Issei saying that the reason he tries to still hang out with them is so he has a connection still to his former human life.

16. EternitynChaos

hmmm, well good thing we don't need that now, we are friends with Ruby, Yang and Asia, all humans, also Aika who's human as well, not to mention Abe.

17. megrisvernin

:/. Hmm.

18. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

People are blowing the sacrifice trial for sorcery way out of proportion. It is entirely possible and quite common to sacrifice negative character traits to meet the requirement, such as for example sacrificing an addiction, naivety, crippling self-doubt, etc. It does not mean asking, "What is the most important thing to me?" and then permanently surrendering it. Sorcerers, being clever individuals on the whole, are fully expected to game the sacrifice to their own advantage so long as it does result in a meaningful personal transformation.

Also, I think the magic system is getting far too crunchy, Alexander. The way DxD magic seems to work is that once you've learned a spell, you know it and can use it at will (assuming sufficient reserves of course). As such, I'm fine with rolling dice to learn new spells (even if I think the requirements are rather high considering how quickly we've learned spells in the past), but I don't think a roll should be required to cast or target them. It just further obstructs gameplay by adding unnecessary and canon non-compliant chance for failure. Having the caster and target (if sapient) roll a contested roll to see if the target dodges is another story and should be fine. On the whole, I believe it would be better to have the system more abstract, particularly when it comes to endurance and magic reserves, versus a strict numerical system that doesn't truly mesh with the setting or serve the narrative well.

19. EternitynChaos

thats fine in a story, but the whole point of the quest is the rpg aspects as well as the story. I can agree that rolling to cast might be better if only used for on the fly casting, rather then rotes however

20. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Two pages worthy of posts to reply ???

While I read them can someone make a vote count?

21. EternitynChaos

I think this is right

just been through and recounted

22. megrisvernin

I'll do a formal count give me a few minutes...

23. megrisvernin

Man this is labor intensive. I'm going to use vote-counting to check my work.

24. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] Plan Smuthunter

25. megrisvernin

Updated Tally.

Pursue Snake?
    [] Yes
    # of Votes: 23
    Supporters: kinglugia, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Bfldyq, darklord, Brandark, Yzarc, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, Larekko12, Noctum, Melfician, nightblade, iamnuff, hunter09, MHLord, Fellgar, Eler0, megrisvernin, Kelenas, Prince Charon
    -[] This is easy experience. We can have our familiar seek out the gangs then follow them to one of their bases of operation... which we then raid and use to find their leadership. We don't even need to interrogate them, just grab their cell phones and go through their call history and/or contacts list. Our personally spent time on this project would be much reduced since we wouldn't be personally looking for them but we would still be getting the experience since we are completing the "quest".
    # of Votes: 1
    Supporters: Fellgar

[] No
    # of Votes: 0
    Supporters

[Magnus]

Introduce the girls to Azazel?
    [] Yes
    # of Votes: 0
    Supporters
    [] No
    # of Votes: 23
    Supporters: kinglugia, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Bfldyq, darklord, Brandark, Yzarc, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, Larekko12, Noctum, Melfician, nightblade, iamnuff, hunter09, MHLord, Fellgar, Eler0, megrisvernin, Kelenas, Prince Charon
    -[] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.
    # of Votes: 21
    Supporters: kinglugia, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos. Bfldyq, darklord, Brandark, Yzarc, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, Larekko12, Noctum, Melfician, nightblade, hunter09, MHLord, Fellgar, megrisvernin, Kelenas, Prince Charon
    [Exaltation]

Tell Azazel about Exaltation and all that it implies?
    [] Yes
    # of Votes: 7
    Supporters EternitynChaos, Bfldyq, Brandark, Larekko12, Melficianm, nightblade, MHLord
    -[] He is already aware that there's something different about you. Give him a vague idea of what an Exaltation means , but withhold information about your abilities, Brandark
    # of Votes: 5
    Supporters: codeRR, Melfician, nightblade, Brandark, MHLord

[] No
    # of Votes: 15
    Supporters: kinglugia, Smuthunter, darklord, Yzarc, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, Noctum, hunter09, iamnuff, Eler0, megrisvernin, Kelenas, Prince Charon
    -[] Only after the fight against the Hakuryukou will you tell him of this...that is, if he wanted to know.
    # of Votes: 4
    Supporters: kinglugia, Yzarc, Noctum, Diller,Kelenas

[] Kind of?
    - [] Don't give him specifics but since we did ask him to come up with a training plan we might as well give him the generalities of what we are looking for in our training plans. AKA and in different wording obviously ask him to make the main focus the gathering of experience, and then there is training from hell in specific abilities. Beyond that though? Probably not much else to tell.
    [Evil Pieces]

Tell Azazel about your research on the Evil Pieces?
    [] Yes
    # of Votes : 4
    Supporters: darklord, Yzarc, Melfician, Larekko12
    [] No
    # of Votes: 19
    Supporters: kinglugia Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Bfldyq, darklord, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, Noctum, nightblade, hunter09, MHLord, Brandark, Fellgar, Eler0, megrisvernin, Kelenas, Prince Charon
    -[] unless he asks,
    # of Votes: 2
    Supporters: kinglugia, Kelenas
    - [] HELL NO! The Evil Piece system is effectively a state secret. Its kind of surprising we still get access to evil pieces now that we have shown we are making progress on them. Handing out this info to a another group that is in an effective cold war with them? That's asking for us to get grabbed and tossed into a devil prison or something. Sure we are proving we are useful but we also have to show we are not so dumb as to blurt out we are research state secrets to the enemy leadership of all people.

[] tell him that we are researching, and would like to talk to him on the matter, but alas, war and politics seal our lips. I'm sure he knows how it is.
    Supporters: iamnuff

What else?

[] Write-in.

[X] First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique {16 EXP total}
    # of Votes: 11
    Supporters: Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Walkir, Deathwings, codeRR, Diller, hunter09, Fellgar, Eler0, megrisvernin, Prince Charon

[X] First Occult Excellency , Spirit Detecting Glance
    Supporters: Brandark

[]First Occult Excellency,3 Dots Investigation 9 xp,(17/27) , 1 Dot Athletic, Awareness,Dodge 9 xp (26/27)
    Supporters: Larekko12

[] Stunt: write-in.

[X] Stunt : [X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way, neither surrendering, all the while you watch on from the quite of your mind taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

# of Votes: 4
    Supporters: EternitynChaos, Deathwings, codeRR, Eler0

[][X] An overwhelming amount of red energy bursts out from the boosted gear and surrounds you , trying to invade your body , mind and soul. Desires , impulses , emotions alien to you nature suddenly fills your mind. You want to see your enemies broken at your feet , begging for mercy. All the riches of this world, piled at your feet. And yet an unquenchable desire fills you. You need something more , something greater....

Just as suddenly, the invasion stops , and warmth feels your body. The feeling was.... It was like one of these cold and rainy days that leave you miserable and make you wonder whether there was any warmth left in the world , and suddenly the clouds part and the warm rays of the sun embrace you , and drive the memory of cold away from your body and mind.

When you return to your senses , you sense an invisible barrier separating the energy from your being. The red energy seethes about your body , and you can sense its intentions , sort of. It won't bow to your will , but it is willing to work with you , instead of against you.
    Supporters: Brandark

[] You rest on your bed in the lotus position. Opening one eye you survey your room, windows closed with the blinds drawn & all potentially distracting devices turned off & placed away. Across from you in wooden chairs sit Mittelt & Asia. The fallen angel rests her enormous hammer along her shoulders with a bored expression on her face as she leans back, one leg popped against your bed. A few feet to her left, Asia focuses her attention on a novel she's holding tightly. You'd asked her to present to heal you if absorbing the Dragon's Energy placed some injury or strain on your body; you won't let misguided pride or arrogance place you in danger needlessly when you know others still depend on you.
    Supporters: Diller

[]You begin to breathe. In down up out. In down up out. You breathe and drown out everything but your breath and the beat of your heart. And when those are the only things in the eye of your mind you open yourself to Ddraig trying to synchronise your heart beats.
    Supporters: Larekko12

[] Settling down in your room you breath in deeply to catch the sent of your home. Your ears pick up the sounds of your mother preparing dinner down stares in the kitchen. You can't think of a place you feel more at home at, so settled you metaphorically set down an anchor in this spot at this time before you then begin meditating. You have an idea that the best way to go about this dragon energy would be to synchronize yourself with Ddraig but you want to be extra cautious anyways and make sure you still have something to pull yourself back from a bigger ego then your own. You begin to breathe. In down up out. In down up out. You breathe and drown out everything but your breath and the beat of your heart. And when those are the only things in the eye of your mind you open yourself to Ddraig trying to synchronise your heart beats.

[] You rest on your bed in a lotus position. Opening one eye you survey your room, windows closed with the blinds drawn & all potentially distracting devices turned off & placed away. Across from you in wooden chairs sit Mittelt & Asia. The fallen angel rests her enormous hammer along her shoulders with a bored expression on her face as she leans back, one leg popped against your bed. A few feet to her left, Asia focuses her attention on a novel she's holding tightly. You'd asked her to present to heal you if absorbing the Dragon's Energy placed some injury or strain on your body; you won't let misguided pride or arrogance place you in danger needlessly when you know others still depend on you.

You suppress a laugh at the intensity with which the former nun is grasping the small paperback, clearly nervous but trying to look calm & you remember just how enthusiastic Mittelt had originally been when you asked her to guard you as you meditated. A warm reassuring feeling flows through you as you know that however this turns out, you can trust the two of them to watch over you.
    Supporters: megrisvernin

26. megrisvernin

Winning Vote
    Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

Introduce the girls to Azazel?
    [X] No
    -[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.
    # of Votes: 21

Tell Azazel about Exaltation and all that it implies?
    [X] No

Tell Azazel about your research on the Evil Pieces?
    [X] No

[X] First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique {16 EXP total}

[X] Stunt :[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way, neither surrendering, all the while you watch on from the quite of your mind taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

27. EternitynChaos

my whole stunt write in was as follows

[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

28. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Half of mine was omitted as well. I wrote it like this -

Stunt:-
    [X] An overwhelming amount of red energy bursts out from the boosted gear and surrounds you , trying to invade your body , mind and soul. Desires , impulses , emotions alien to you nature suddenly fills your mind. You want to see your enemies broken at your feet , begging for mercy. All the riches of this world, piled at your feet. And yet an unquenchable desire fills you. You need something more , something greater....

Just as suddenly, the invasion stops , and warmth feels your body. The feeling was.... It was like one of these cold and rainy days that leave you miserable and make you wonder whether there was any warmth left in the world , and suddenly the clouds part and the warm rays of the sun embrace you , and drive the memory of cold away from your body and mind.

When you return to your senses , you sense an invisible barrier separating the energy from your being. The red energy seethes about your body , and you can sense its intentions , sort of. It won't bow to your will , but it is willing to work with you , instead of against you.

29. megrisvernin

Votes updated.

Goodness that was tedious.

30. megrisvernin

Something interesting is that we all gave up on the mask project before facing the snakes. Interesting change.