1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

The Mibu clan were basically godblooded, and had the secret of immortality, and could raise the dead, so Kyoshiro and Demon Eyes Kyo being still around (as well as Kyo's wife) is possible.

AZATHOTHoth likes this.
  2. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Would they add anything to the story that isn't already there?

The character roster is pretty big already, and i don't particually care about another group of samurai or whatever.

3. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

we already have enough character, and the Excalibur arc is about to come, there going to be way more after that, we shouldn't add more people

iamnuff likes this.
  4. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Enough with the crossovers for the time being. Cast is fuckhueg (as people pointed it out) and we have enough sideplots to deal with once we finish the next arc anyway... Finishing the Evil Piece research, training up our minions some more, breaking in our new seat of power etc. There's also the fact that so far we've seen very little of Veritas, another series we're crossing over with. Some mentions and one encounter (brief one, I might add). That reminds me, if we ever find out about artificial ki Bright will most likely gain an interest in the technology behind it, mostly so she can duplicate it.

Hanashinobi likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I need to say that the crossovers included are already fixed and cannot be changed. Seriously, I can see when things start to get too messy. I'm already being dangerously close to the edge, and I'm taking it as a challenge to not cross it.

So sorry, but I can't add more elements...unless the circumstances allow for an exception that doesn't damage my carefully made plans.

TheWave, Diller, ZipLopz and 9 others like this.
  6. Hanashinobi

Hanashinobi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Especially if we can combine it with whatever we learn from the Evil Pieces in a beneficial way.

7. cross_grave

Not sure about combining them... Evil pieces are magical by nature, artificial ki is, well, ki. Different forms of energy. Though whatever we end up developing as a result of Issei's research into the subject may work differently, as it will most likely utilize essence, so who knows?

8. Hanashinobi

Hanashinobi I trust you know where the happy button is?

If I remember the lore of this quest right Essence is supposed to be the source of the varies powers just like it is the source of everything else. So that means both should possibly be able to help.

9. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Well, if we pick up the specialty on war gauntlets, then it would only work while BG is in gauntlet form, but if we pick up one for Boosted Gear itself then it should work in either form.

It's like having a uniquely made sword-cane, a specialization in that specific item would indicate great familiarity with said item, so you know your way around it whether it's drawn or not. Blunt cane, drawn sword, and perhaps even sword and sheath at the same time.

On the other hand, you wouldn't gain the same bonuses to any other sword, cane or sword-cane, because they aren't quite the same as yours.

Assuming stealth mode BG even counts as wielding a weapon. I recall that it's a bracelet, but depending on how wide it is, it might be something we can block or parry with, or something we can slam into dudes faces.

10. the DragonBard

Exactly why I was wondering.

Too bad Alexander isn't going with the house ruled bit about specialties. Would have made it much easier...

I wonder if wearing Boosted Gear would count as unarmed, because of its nature as a Sacred Gear tied to our soul. If that's the case, then the specialty might cover it as well.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I don't think it would count as unarmed.

Soul shenanigans aside, it's still a big pair of claw-gloves. Swinging those and swinging a punch is not the same. not really.

Stealth Modo probably counts as unarmed though.

I kind a picting it like an item that jumps from your accessory slot to your weapon slot, or something.

12. the DragonBard

Which means we have to choose between an MA specialty of Unarmed, and only use stealth mode during out fights, or Boosted Gear, and not being able to use our specialty when in stealth mode.

Personally, considering we use Boosted Gear's form in our toughest fights, Boosted Gear is probably our best choice for an MA specialty.

iamnuff likes this.
  13. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Its idiotic that boosted gear as a specialty wouldn't be allowed to be used in all its forms. Just because something can transform doesn't mean you have to get a specialty for each of forms. Getting boosted gear gauntlet form and boosted gear stealth form is just dumb. Its Boosted gear. :rolleyes:

14. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I agree, though I thought that it went without saying.
    If we are fighting without out claws on, and we need more power, then the solution is pretty obvious isn't it?

Use Boosted Gear.

EternitynChaos likes this.
  15. the DragonBard

I wonder if learning Medicine would increase the effectiveness of Asia's Twilight Healing.

16. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Not really considering Medicine is basically making sure your patient doesn't bleed out while being operated on with bronze age equipment.

17. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

It's also curing the black death by poking somebody with an acupuncture needle and perfectly reattaching a severed limb with only a needle and thread.

AZATHOTHoth and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's with charms though, and Asia doesn't need charms to do either of those things.

Really, Twilight Healing is so much bullshit that it makes most of Solar Medicine useless. Those charms don't do anything like lay on hands or cure light wounds, they just make you really good at all the things normal doctors do to treat illnesses and injuries.

EternitynChaos and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  19. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

No, it's just roll intelligence+medicine difficulty equal to the number of health levels of a crippling injury or the difficulty to treat of a disease. And maybe a stunt is you don't have the right equipment. The only thing you need a charm for is aggravated damage and Twilight Healing doesn't do well with that either*.

*cf. Asia failing to heal Raynare's injury from Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  20. the DragonBard

Actually, in canon it did fine healing Issei's injuries caused by light, IIRC.

Hanashinobi likes this.
  21. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Light isn't Ag Damage, nothing other then Issei or things from Creation, IE Super Natural Martial Arts can dish out Ag damage by WoG

AZATHOTHoth and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  22. the DragonBard

This is a weapon from Earth, and it specifically mentions it does Agg damage to Creatures of Darkness.

Unless Issei's Essence has somehow altered it.

Also, didn't Alexander pretty much say Dragonslayer weapons would do Agg damage to dragons?

23. cross_grave

Issei recharged the lightsaber with his essence after the initial charge ran out. So yeah, it runs on Solar power.

24. the DragonBard

So, Earth Holy does bonus damage to Creatures of Darkness, while Creation Holy does Agg damage?

Imagine if an attack ran off of both types, bonus 'and' Agg damage.

25. cross_grave

That'd hurt like a motherfucker, that's for sure.

26. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Earth Holy does Damage over time, it's poisonous.

27. the DragonBard

True, but it also seems to do bonus damage. An extra 5 or 10 (or more) LHL, with probably an extra HL every turn you're in contact with it.

28. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

I mean it does that extra damage as damage over time.

29. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 8)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] stunt silversun 2 - activate [First Presence Excellency] and other relevant charms
    ----

This is...an interesting question indeed. What Revache said...it’s not wrong. You can’t find any fault in his desires, in his shoes you would do the same yourself. If so then, where and why did things go wrong?

Outside you make a show of thinking deeply, eyebrows furrowed in concentration and eyes closed, while in truth you have a quick discussion with Ddraig, Bright and your sempai. Together you make up an answer that will be truthful and phrased with enough tact to avoid offending the very powerful and influential lord in front of you.

"It isn't wrong that you have power, and it isn't wrong that you want to preserve that power, especially for the sake of your family. Your desire to leave a legacy for your children is admirable, after all what parent wouldn't want to give their progeny the best chance at success they can?” You pause for a second. “The issue in the end is what I have said previously: too many members of the pureblooded nobility have become complacent and many of them do not respond well when that complacency is challenged."

You set the cup of tea down on the saucer, a soft clink echoing across the room.

"Sadly Raiser, your son, is an example; he developed a sense of entitlement, a sense that the world owed him his power, his position and even Rias's hand in marriage. When this sense of entitlement was challenged by Rias's success he took it as a threat and immediately moved to force the marriage in a manner that could have spelled disaster for your family. Ignoring her father's reaction the Maous might have been forced to take action and…make an example of Riser to clearly show that killing the peerage of another devil is not acceptable. That is, if he was really willing to do what he promised." You hastily add at the end as Revache's eyes narrow at your words, the teaspoon's metal deforming slightly under the pressure of the devil’s fingertips.

“Lord Phenex, as you have stated you worked to be where you are now. You earned your wealth and prestige.” A bit of ego stroking doesn’t hurt. “But Raiser has, probably, come to the conclusion that he doesn't have to do anything to reach your level of success, that simply by circumstance of his birth power and prestige was, pardon the phrase, his god-given right and not something that he has to earn."

You take the tea cup back into your and sipped from it before sighing, spreading the steam rising from the tea out over the table.

"I was unaware of the engagement until Riser told me just before we fought and his words made it instantly clear why the prestige I helped Rias acquire was vital to her. Although I can conclude with a fair degree of certainty that it was not what you and Lord Gremory intended-” Another short pause. Now it’s the bomb. Either he accepts the crude truth, or you better get ready to run the fuck away. “The two of you created a situation where Rias rightly feared that her own ambitions, her plans and even her future were threatened for the sake of your son's. Because of this any marriage between the two would have been a loveless fraud of a marriage that Rias would forever resent and resist." The devil's jaw tightened at the statement and he set his own tea cup down; his fingerprints visible in the spoon's handle.

"There is nothing wrong with taking steps to ensure that the remainder of the Pillars endure but doing so in a manner that is assured to cause more harm than good is where the line has to be drawn." Your eyes shifted to that of a dragon's for half a heart beat and the Lord of the Phenex clan's posture changed as your words sunk in.

He chuckles. “Yeah. My son is a douchebag.”

You finding yourself blinking. That...was not what you expected.

Revache’s right eyebrow rises, tension leaving his posture as he...you don’t know how to describe it, but it’s like his noble bearing changed to a more youthful feeling. The smile that now frames his lips looks more at home on a mischievous uncle that caught the niece stealing freshly baked cookies than a noble of old. “What, did you come here expecting a trap of some kind, with me angry because you spit on all the traditions I hold dear and challenged my decision?”

“...That, and beating the living daylights out of your son?” Faced with such bluntness, you can’t help but utter the truth.

“Ahahahaha!” The Phenex laughs heartly, palms slapping on his knees. “I like your honesty kid! I confess there are some among my friends that would like nothing more than to strap your limbless body on a table and feed you your own intestines-”

’Fuck.’

“-But personally, I want to thank you.” He finishes with an easy-going smile.

[Honestly, this guy confuse the fuck out of me.]

’You took the words out of my mouth Ddraig.’

[Ise-kun, Ise-kun.] Elsha-sempai urges you. [Try asking for an explanation.]

Why not? “I assume there is a reason behind you being thankful instead of angry?” He nods. “Then, could you explain it to me, please?”

“Aaah, it’s very simple when you get down to it.” Leaning back on his couch Revache’s right hand begins to lazily spin his cup on the table. “It was a good engagement for pure Devils, but it looks like me and Eadwig had too much greed.”

That name, isn’t it…”Lord Gremory?”

“Him.” He smirks. “We’re best buddies, partners in crime and a lot of other things it’s for the best our lovely wifes never heard about. Where I was? Oh yeah: it was a good engagement, but not a necessary one. You see, both of us already have pure Devil grandchildren who display tremendous potential. Yet, we were not satisfied.” He sighs. “Maybe it’s the greed as Devils that made us crave for it. Or is it because we saw, pardon the pun, hell in the last war. Someone as young as you can’t understand, but in war usually you can see when continuing just isn’t worth it.” And then his eyes...despite looking towards you, aren’t looking at you. “We pushed past that point and keep going until we realized that what was slowing our movements was not mud but the blood from the bodies littering the ground mixed with earth.”

Silence. You have nothing to say, not you know what can you say.

What can one say to this?

He sighs again, and his eyes regain their focus. “Whatever the case, in the end the reality is that we pushed our problems onto our children and it came to bite us in the ass. Though, I suppose the biggest part of the fault lie with me, and how I raised Raiser.” He rests his chin on his left clenched hand, the elbow resting on the left leg. “I have four children, way more than any other pureblood Devil. The eldest, Ruval, is within the top 10 ranking champions of Rating Games and is going to be promoted to Ultimate Class soon. The second one, Ridar, is another accomplished champion and is currently traveling the world to strengthen Devils’ relations with other species as one of our best diplomats. With such astounding successful sons...I got so busy with securing their own future that I neglected Raiser and Ravel.”

Lord Phenex seems to age twenty years at that confession.

“I was aware that Raiser’s ego was growing bigger than appropriate, but I told myself that it wasn’t serious, that life was going to teach him a hard lesson before it was too late...Something that, in a way, happened.” He smiles at you, her expression relaxing. “That’s why I want to thank you. What my son lacked was defeat. He overestimated the ability of our clan, and believed to possess a strength he never really had. It was a good lesson: Phoenix is not absolute, and neither is Phenex. Just learning that was enough.”

‘This...Wow, did I just miss a very big bullet here?’ “So...no hard feelings?”

“Absolutely.” He crosses his legs, a mysterious glint entering his eyes. “Even more, I can’t really fault you: I, too, used to do some very crazy stunts to impress a girl.”

Your features turn neutral. “I didn’t do what I did to impress a girl.”

“Multiple girls? I did that too.”

Your right eyebrow twitches. “Like?”

It’s when, in response to your query, Lord Phenex’s smile turns into a devilishly smirk that you realize something.

Gravitas is not a thing. Never was and never will be.

----

Ravel Phenex is my name. Youngest daughter of the noble and proud Phenex Clan of Devils. And now, if I am to be honest with myself, I am feeling a little apprehensive about the visit my Father received.

But just a little, measly, tiny, tiiiiny bit. So tiny you can barely see it. I mean, it’s not as if I am w-worried about Issei Hyodo discussing with Father in private! W-Why should I worry about that uncivilized oaf that attacked Big Brother Raiser and f-f-flash...dared to appear naked in front of me?!

...Those taut muscles, handsome visage, six-pack ribs and his-!!!

Nooooo!! Bad thoughts, bad thoughts! I am not fit to be a bride anymore!

“Ravel?”

“TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!” I suddenly shout, unable to control myself, only to regret it when Rias Gremory gives me a weird look.

“...For what?” She asks, and while I think she’s showing genuine concern she is the last person I want to speak a-about-Ugh! So embarrassing.

“N-Nothing!” I wave my hands left and right. “I was just lost in thought. Forget I say anything!”

She looks unsure but eventually concedes and we resume our walk. During the tour to show the other guests Phenex Castle me and her got separated from the rest of the group, and now we are direct to a section of the castle where, I think, the others may be.

“-And then I said: ‘Don’t worry ladies, my rod is long enough for both of you’!”

“Ahahaha! Seriously?!”

Me and Rias both stop and blink when, after stepping into a corridor, we hear a pair of voices speak loud enough to be heard even through the thick walls.

“Was that...Father?” No doubts about it. But what was that thing about a ‘rod’?

“And the other...Ise?” Rias wonders aloud. Ise? As...Issei? Wait, did we just arrive where they are having their meeting? That’s strange, this isn’t where Father usually meet visitors…why is that?

While I was pondering Rias pinpointed the room they are in and accosts her ear to the door. I am about to tell her eavesdropping is bad, when she smiles at me.

“Aren’t you curious too? About what they are talking about?”

Of course I am! But eavesdropping is still bad...though, maybe, just a little wouldn’t hurt? Quick enough that no one will know about it.

And if nobody know about it, it’s like I never did it. Right?

Reluctance stops me, but curiosity pushes me even harder and I find myself joining Rias with my ear to the door.

Now, what exactly are Father and Hyodo Issei talking abou-

“You gonna believe me kid! The best, finest breasts in the world.”

What.

“Aaah, yes: that’s right. My lovely wife’s breasts are the best!”

WHAT!!!

----

“Aaah, yes: that’s right. My lovely wife’s breasts are the best!” Revache makes groping motions with his hands to empathize his statement.

[...I am the only one disturbed by the fact that this likely millennia old Devil head of a noble house is speaking so freely about his wife’s breasts with someone he just met for the first time not even a hour ago?]

Ddraig’s question holds merit. Especially when you consider that the last forty minutes where filled with tales of his exploits with the fairest sex.

[Kohai? This, is how you were before your Exaltation.]

Well, damn. No wonder you were at the bottom of the social ladder.

That’s when the door slams open, the culprit a red-faced Ravel with a lesser but still red-faced Rias behind her. “Father! What are you saying?!”

“Ravel! Just in time!” Revache greets his daughter as if it was the most natural thing in the world. “I was just telling our guest how the first thing that attracted me to your mother were her big breasts.”

For a moment it’s like time froze, Ravel staring like a fish out of water from the shock. Then her face changes from red to deadly white and then crimson. “FATHER?!”

The Phenex patriarch winks at me. “And she was a late bloomer. So, if Ravel dear is anything like her, just a couple of years and-”

The rest of the improper speech is interrupted when a massive fireball hit him dead-on, incinerating his body and most of the furniture.

“STUPID PAPA! I HATE YOU!” Ravel yells as she runs away crying.

The look Rias gives you is eloquent enough: “What just happened?”

Just like yours: “Hell if I know.”

“Uh, it’s been a while since she last called me ‘papa’.” Revache muses with a nostalgic tone as he re-forms from the flames. “What happened to the sweet kid that used to say: ‘when I grow up I'm going to marry papa!’?”

’She realized how much of a creep you are.’

[[[Agreed.]]]

“...So...I can leave if I am a bother...” More than asking Rias is pleading. It’s uncomfortable for you, for her it must be unbearable.

“Ah no no. Stay, stay.” The blond man waves her closer. “In fact this is perfect. We can get to the second reason I called you there today.”

A second reason?

“Please fix my son, Raiser’s attitude.”

----

“Could you please explain what you meant before?” You ask Revache as you and Rias follow him to another wing of the castle.

“There is nothing to explain.” He scoffs. “That pathetic son of mine still hasn’t recovered from his defeat. Normally I would say ‘fine, he’s just depressed. Let him brood a little, he’ll be back on his feet eventually’. But then they talked about him in a gossip magazine, and the things they wrote...well, suffice to say I decided that letting him come out of his funk on his own is deletery not just for him, but for the Phenex family as a whole.”

You and Rias exchange looks. “How...bad are we talking about?”

“You will see.”

Eventually we stop in front of a door. Revache knocks on it.

No response. Revache knocks again. “I know you’re awake. Get up!”

Then, the barely audible voice of Raiser comes from inside the door. You almost don’t recognize it, so devoid of the usual pride. “Dad? I don’t want to meet anyone today. I had a bad dream...... I’m not in the mood to meet anyone.”

Revache rolls his eyes. “Not even Lady Rias? She’s here to meet you.”

You hear the sound of something being dropped on the floor. “--! ……..Ri…..Rias……you say……?"

By his voice he’s really panicking. She must have been an unexpected guest for him. Rias stands in front of the door and speaks to him. “Raiser. It’s me.”

“…..What do you want with me now, Rias? Did you come to laugh at me? I am that funny to you?”

The tone of his voice is low. Rather, it sounds like he holds a grudge.

“Neither.” Rias states firmly. She is clearly offended that someone would judge her so callous. “Let’s talk for a bit. Let me see your face.”

After she says that you hear rough footsteps approaching this way and the door is opened violently. The one who appears at the doorstep is Raiser, who had messy hair and untidy clothes.

“What do you want to talk about, with the guy who you rejected……..?” He has glassy eyes and there is anger within his speech; but his expression changes when he sees me. “Se, Se, Se, Sekiryuuteeeei!” He points at me, face pale like a corpse.

“Hey, Raiser. Your house is amazing.” I smile and greet him warmly, hoping to put him at ease. Granted, I still haven’t forgiven him for what he said...but there is no satisfaction picking on a depressed opponent.

“…….Hi.”

’Hi?’

“Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!”

Raiser lets loose a decidedly girlishly shriek and slams the door shut.

“Nooooo!! A dragon! A dragon came to eat me! Send him away! Moooommmmyyyyy!!”

[...Okay, that was pathetic. Even for a fried chicken.]

{This time, I have to agree.}

You and Rias are both shocked at Raiser’s 180° turn in attitude, while Revache shakes his head in disapproval.

“See what I mean? He hasn’t come out of his room since his defeat, he cancelled all appointments and stopped talking about Dragons, or better he reacts like that when someone bring them up. He spends his days either playing video-games or playing chess with the servants.”

So he’s a hikikomori. Indeed, they are a huge problem in Japan. But for that show off, good-looking guy to become a hikikomori...who would have thought?

“That’s why I ask you, Hyodo Issei: please fix Raiser’s defeatist attitude.” Revache claps his hands together and grimace. “Just like you fixed his arrogant attitude. Do it, and the Phenex Clan will be in your debt.”

There’s no mistaking the sincerity in his voice. What’s really strange is that he would ask you of all people, but in a certain sense it’s your fault he’s like that, so…

[Do it partner.] Ddraig grunts. [I don’t care about the fried chicken’s reputation, but having such a pathetic defeated foe will hurt our reputation.]

’And what do you suggest I do?’ Because, honestly, you have no idea.

[He’s afraid of Dragons, yes? Since ancient times the best way to deal with one’s own fears is facing them head on. Let’s find a place full of dragons and have him train there. Ryusenkyo is the place to go in Japan if you want dragons: you can also train there. This way, we hit two birds with one stone.]

[Ddraig, you’re forgetting we must find the land first.] Belzard interjects. [Not that I am saying we can’t find it reasonably fast, but we don’t know for certain. Also, there are less complicated methods. I think the real issue here is not young Raiser’s fear of dragons, but the shock of having experience something outside of his until now privileged lifestyle. Yes, I’m saying he’s spoiled. I suggest we bring him with us to the human world and have him live like a normal person, without his powers and influence.]

Uhm, they’re both interesting suggestions with their own benefits. You can either choose one of them...or maybe think of a third option?

[] Ddraig’s proposal
    [] Belzard’s proposal
    [] Write-in.

----

My beta has yet to reply. Since I don't want you guys to wait too long I posted the non-refined version. I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  30. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Is the Tannin's territory option unavailable?

Crimson Reiter likes this.