1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Threadmarks: Index
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Picture eventually goes here.

Statblock of some nature would fit around here.

Jutsu:

Transformation, with variations.
    Pencil-Sharpening Jutsu.
    Knot-tying Jutsu.
    Hot-Plate Cooking Jutsu.
    Match-Light Fire Jutsu.
    Body Flicker (Warning: May still be extremely dangerous and/or exhausting)

Friends Support characters and minions:

Minion: Ami the Purple. Mio's opinion: Dumb muscle type. Fights dirty with elbows and nails and teeth.
    Minion: Shonen-Girl Fuki. Mio's opinion: Hits with sticks. Diligent, little initiative. Sword harder.
    Minion's associate: Afro-girl Kasumi. Mio's opinion: That is NOT A PERM. Does medicine or something.
    Masochist: Uzumaki Naruto. Mio's opinion: Grade D stubborn dumbass. Why the hell does his blood taste like soup stock?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Threadmarks: Kyuubi and Babies
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

What few probably appreciate is that while the Kyuubi killed a lot of ninja and did a little bit of infrastructural damage, it barely touched the village at all.

But it didn't need to touch to kill. Not in all cases. The civilians were fine, though more than a little traumatized, as were most of the reserve ninja forces and their families.

There was one clan, however, that was hit harder than everyone else still in the village combined. Ironically, it was the clan selected as the last line of defense for the civilians, as the ninja they were most familiar with, in charge of the village police services.

The Uchiha.

In a further mark of cruel irony, it was in the end their own cherished bloodline that did the most damage. Most of the adults were shinobi, and had through one means or another discovered how to awaken their Sharingan, the focus of their bloodline. More importantly, it had always occured in a fight they could theoretically win, after which that trauma came to an end and allowed them to work out how to turn their eyes off.

The Kyuubi attack was not something that could be easily defeated. Though experienced shinobi could put the situation aside to at least function, many members of the clan were closer to civilians than anything else. Hatred flowed from the tailed beast in great waves, drowning the village in oceans of murderous intent, paralyzing and smothering the Uchiha as eyes that had never before awoken bled suddenly red.

And left them with an understanding of exactly how little they could do about it. Nothing. Nothing at all, as they trembled and gasped for air, desperate for anything to escape. Some few of the adults managed to force their eyes to obey, deactivating them through simple and uncommon force of will, before collapsing to the ground, shuddering under the force of a hatred that would be seared and burned into their minds for all of time.

Others turned the power of their eyes inward, seeking and finding a way to flee the oppressive hatred, and left behind no more than husks that breathed for a time as their hearts slowly faltered. The rest found more bloody methods of escape.

But the true tragedy was the children, for while the adults often understood their awakened Sharingan, and could activate and deactivate them at will, the rest could at least struggle under the general understanding of how it worked, and possibly even succeed. Most often, however, the children scarcely understood what the Sharingan was, much less how it functioned.

Of all the children below the age of five, there were two survivors.

The first was Sasuke, second son of the head of the clan, by dint of a wedding gift to his mother. The crib was a small masterpiece of seal design, protecting the child within from many things, and the hatred of the Kyuubi flowed around it like a hollow stone in a river. Sasuke slept through the entirety of the attack, from start to finish, eyes peacefully shut in every sense.

The second survivor was a little more complicated. Mostly because when the Kyuubi appeared, through sheer coincidence of timing, the mother had not quite yet given birth. Her water broke with the first howl, and her chakra flooded into the infant as its own coils stirred, beginning to slowly drip-by-drop replace that chakra with its own in the miraculous process of birth.

That chakra was mingled with the pure and undivided hatred of the Kyuubi, from the moment her waters broke to the final push of a rapid, painful, and unusually bloody birth. And as the Kyuubi was defeated, and that oppressive chakra and hatred dispersed, that child took in its first breath, howling out proof of birth and life, and that it had not been killed by the Kyuubi.

Warped, and twisted, perhaps. But the girl was nonetheless alive, even as her eyes opened in proof that they all but glowed with a red nearly the same shade as the blood smeared across her whole tiny body.

The Uchiha took pride in early activators of the Sharingan, their personal ninja geniuses, to the point where an outsider could venture that there was no age too early to show it off. An outsider would be completely wrong.

"Gods." the midwife says, trembling from both the residual weight of the Kyuubi's hatred and what she's looking at, voice a quiet and horrific thrill. "Gods. Can she... turn it off? Is there any way someone else can...?"

"Not and be sure that she can turn it back on again." the mother sighs, weak from enduring both the waves of foreign chakra and the bloodloss.

"Gods." the midwife repeats, softly. "She'll... it's trouble. Children forget, should forget, are meant to forget easily. She'll remember even this conversation forever, even if she doesn't understand yet. It will be years before she can turn it off on her own, and the brain, the mind, it's not prepared for memories to stay..."

She shakes her head somberly.

"If it's a choice between a risk of never activating the Sharingan again and a risk of potentially irreperable mental stress and damage, then many of the Uchiha clan have lived perfectly fulfilling lives without awakening their doujutsu!" the midwife suggests, knowing that failing to awaken those eyes if it is at all possible is something close to death in the opinion of the clan.

"You know much of our bloodline, and you have always served our clan discreetly and with the greatest care." the mother said, voice soft. Then her gaze rises into red red red and the hypnotic whirling of tomoe stop the midwife in her tracks. "But I do not require your opinion on this matter."

Only later would the midwife consider that she could remember very little of the birth, clouded in a sort of mental haze. But then, that was hardly abnormal. In the first place, delivery was always a hectic matter, and delivering a child in the middle of a biju assault even more so.

Besides, she had the documentation confirming the birth of Uchiha Mio right here, and no real reason to explore her memories any further.

---

[ ] You are four, and have just been convinced to turn your sharingan off for the first time. It's almost painful, and you don't see why you should bother. "But this means that I can leave the house sometimes now, right?" All the walls are exactly the same since you first saw them and you hate it. Mother smiles, wearily.
    [ ] You are five, and you hate being known as a prodigy. You don't see what's so special about something you've had since birth, but you can't say that either. "I'm bored of this district, and everyone in it." Who cares if the other kids are jealous? You'll find your own fun, even if it means breaking the rules.
    [ ] You are six, and your opinion about being entered in the ninja academy was never asked. Duty duty duty to the clan.... "You were expecting a transfer from the civilian school. But it was I, Mio, Grand Demon King of the Uchiha!" Sasuke quietly hides his face behind his hands and pretends to have no idea who you are.

3. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

[X] You are four, and have just been convinced to turn your sharingan off for the first time. It's almost painful, and you don't see why you should bother. "But this means that I can leave the house sometimes now, right?" All the walls are exactly the same since you first saw them and you hate it. Mother smiles, wearily.

4. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] You are four, and have just been convinced to turn your sharingan off for the first time. It's almost painful, and you don't see why you should bother. "But this means that I can leave the house sometimes now, right?" All the walls are exactly the same since you first saw them and you hate it. Mother smiles, wearily.

5. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

[X] You are six, and your opinion about being entered in the ninja academy was never asked. Duty duty duty to the clan.... "You were expecting a transfer from the civilian school. But it was I, Mio, Grand Demon King of the Uchiha!" Sasuke quietly hides his face behind his hands and pretends to have no idea who you are.

Maximum trauma is go!

FeebleEcho, Adyen, Nanimani and 4 others like this.
  6. Thinky Think

Thinky Think Versed in the lewd.

[X] You are six, and your opinion about being entered in the ninja academy was never asked. Duty duty duty to the clan.... "You were expecting a transfer from the civilian school. But it was I, Mio, Grand Demon King of the Uchiha!" Sasuke quietly hides his face behind his hands and pretends to have no idea who you are.

7. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

This made me break out laughing. It is also sure to get Hinata interested in us.

8. Lon

Lon Well worn.

You expected a child, but it was I. MIO! Muwahahha.

Beware, for my eyes are the eyes of the Beast! And Hell on Earth shall be called by my whims!
    Behold! For the End of Days have Come! ChuuniChuuniChuuniChuuniChuuni
    Hurray Mio the Chuunibyou

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

10. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

11. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

12. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

13. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

14. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] You are five, and you hate being known as a prodigy. You don't see what's so special about something you've had since birth, but you can't say that either. "I'm bored of this district, and everyone in it." Who cares if the other kids are jealous? You'll find your own fun, even if it means breaking the rules.

15. Korburss

Korburss Know what you're doing yet?

16. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X] You are six, and your opinion about being entered in the ninja academy was never asked. Duty duty duty to the clan.... "You were expecting a transfer from the civilian school. But it was I, Mio, Grand Demon King of the Uchiha!" Sasuke quietly hides his face behind his hands and pretends to have no idea who you are

17. Unyouthful Steve

Unyouthful Steve Know what you're doing yet?

18. Nottheunmaker

Nottheunmaker Ya wanna know what I'm thinkin', don't cha?

19. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Fuck the early start and more influence on the character's personality.
    This is clearly the best outcome possible anyways.

Ampersandwich, SCO, Nanimani and 2 others like this.
  20. Hextroyer413

Hextroyer413 Not too sore, are you?

21. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Because that introduction is fucking boss.

tighearnach and Nanimani like this.
  22. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

"Do you know many breads you've eaten?"

"... Do you?"

"Yes."

23. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

Oh man, Chibi quest. TIme for some lulz.

tighearnach and Xicree like this.
  24. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

25. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

26. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

27. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

I think its safe to say that a six year old Chuuni!Uchiha is entering the Academy.

28. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

This made me laugh so this it is.

Nanimani likes this.
  29. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Maximum trauma route go.

30. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Mio, Grand Demon King of the Uchiha, will be a fun choice of course. But a person who doesn't see anything wrong with being able to remember everything forever, who craves new expriences to etch into her mind, who doesn't want to be a princess locked in a tower... would be nice too. More serious, less crack.

DarkLight140, tighearnach and mc2rpg like this.