1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Uh?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by magic9mushroom, Jan 13, 2017.

1. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Pretty sure questions about what discrimination - specifically, classism - and slurs are and what protected classes ought to be are bang on topic to social justice (which is all about discrimination, including classism) and safe spaces (which usually exclude slurs). It's actually just about the most useful thing to have come up in the last few pages; most of it's been dog-chasing-tail stuff about people's debating practices. It didn't go anywhere at the time because of people sniping at each other, but I was considering replying to it (it just got buried under so much of the aforementioned shit that I forgot about it).

I mean, the closest thing to arguments that it's off-topic I've seen are "this isn't discrimination, so discussion of whether it's discrimination isn't relevant to discrimination" (which is obviously fallacious) and "you're talking rationally, thus it's off-topic to SJWs" (which would seem to forbid any productive discussion in the thread and mandate that it merely be a dogpile). Neither is particularly convincing.

So yeah, I really would prefer it if this particular injunction were undone, just so the topic remains open to further discussion. I know this isn't the 1000 words Biigoh always trumpets, but there's only so much I can pad "non sequitur" before it gets repetitive.

2. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

You are correct. This is not a one thousand word essay about what you specifically did wrong and I am not Biigoh. I do not offer an essay to undo my rulings, and this is not a threadban so even Biigoh's stated rule would not apply. Further than that, if you have a complaint about a moderator's conduct you should contact the moderator themselves via PM, not air your grievances publicly outside of designated spaces to do so.

This is the Announcements and Rules subforum, and this was neither an announcement nor a question about the rules. On second thought I was wrong. I was put off by the phrasing as a complaint instead of a question, but you posted in the right place.

And lastly, threads should also have titles that reflect their content, not "uh?" and "huh?" This is your official notice.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    RazielofSecrets and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

On second thought I was wrong. I was put off by the phrasing as a complaint instead of a question, but you posted in the right place.

4. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

This is an attempt at appeal. If this is not the correct place for appeals, I apologise, but that is the impression I was given.