1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfortunate

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ars Nova, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Know what you're doing yet?

Prologue

Blinding pain greeted me when I woke up.
    It was unbearable, and I felt my consciousness slipping very fast.

"We don't have a lot of time, make your wish so that you may live"

That voice...its familiar to me. A wish huh...what do I want? The pain in my stomach was getting to me, I couldn't think clearly. I tried to speak, but only succeeded in gurgling the blood that was in my throat.

...I...I don't want to die.

"If you seek to live, make a wish so that I may finalize the Contract!"

Contract, there it was again, that familiarity. I...want it to stop.

The voice, the voice said that it could grant a wish...

Please, make the pain stop.

"Very well, your wish shall be granted."

There was an intense sensation reaching into my chest, but I couldn't ponder more about it. My consciousness finally stopped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I woke up again, there was this huge sensation of regret. And, after reviewing my memories for a moment, I let out a groan when the full weight of what I just did.

The small weight on my chest merely compounded the gravity of situation.

"Pardon my interruption, but may I ask you where we are currently located?"

That got my attention.

I removed my hands from my face, first to peer at the red, beady eyes of the little monster currently sitting on my chest.

Then to look a...round.

"What?"
    [​IMG]
    There is, as far as the eye can see, an endless ocean of water.

Also, I was on a small boat.

Well, a raft is more accurate in this case.

I turned to stare at the creature in front off me.

I am a calm person. I don't usually exclaim vocally.
    This is no different than waking up after falling asleep in a unfamiliar place.

...Actually, it is, extremely different, but the core concept is the same.

"Kyubey." I began, keeping my voice steady was hard, but I had to.

Losing my cool could easily end with me dead at the bottom of the sea.

"Yes? Do you have information as to who accosted the both of us?"

...I wasn't expecting that.

Okay...okay, I took another deep breath to keep myself calm.

Now, I had to keep in mind that this could possibly not be what I think it is.

"Kyubey." I had to be absolutely sure. "You...didn't bring me here did you?"

I knew it was a long shot.

I knew it was barely possible.

But please, if there is any mercy in the world, don't let the answer be-

"No. Not only am I not responsible for your injury, I have no idea where we are."

This...this can't be happening.

I licked my lips...they tasted like sea salt.

Tears sprang to my eyes.

I picked Kyubey up and hugged him close to my chest and began to cry.

I couldn't feel him...not his fur, not the breeze flowing by...

I cried.

This isn't fair.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  2. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Know what you're doing yet?

Alright...this is...not how I expected to spend an hour of today.

Well then...since this was started on a whim...I don't know how long I'll stick to this but...here's the character's magical girl form.

[​IMG]
    You'd have to open it in another tab so...yeah.

This...really brought my mood down.