1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'General' started by bopara6574354, Dec 9, 2019.

1. bopara6574354

bopara6574354 Gone for Good

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. thefoolswriter

thefoolswriter ]

gun princess royale on amazon kindle by Albert Ruckholdt really well written but is quite niche genre felt I was watching a tv show

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. CatDog

CatDog Getting sticky.

Monster Girl Dreams by Threshold. It's a Ren'py game, lots of reading. Free demo is out, and it's in Alpha stage.
    sauce: https://monstergirldreams.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_Girl_Dreams_Wiki
    better sauce links are on the right side on the wiki page
    Lillian is waifu. I don't think Lillian marriage is implemented yet. Lillian is too pure, too good for the world. I wanna corrupt her to Exterminatus.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Lonewolf187

Lonewolf187 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Currently reading Overlord on a recomendation from one of my friends. Also working my way through the Dragon Riders of Pern for the umpteenth time.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. FreeJSJJ

FreeJSJJ I trust you know where the happy button is?

Currently reading aa new Arthas insert into Game of thrones. Very well written fic and portrays Arthas superbly, especially his feelings about the things he had done during the latter part of his life:
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/13549046/1/The-King-Is-Dead
    The people called him the Pious Prince. His friends claimed he was a Baratheon, and his enemies called him a Lannister. They were all wrong for before any of those things, he was Arthas Menethil, the Damned Prince of Lordaeron, the Betrayer, kinslayer and kingslayer. His sins were legion. Mother have mercy on his soul.
    Warcraft & A song of Ice and Fire, T, English, Drama & Fantasy, chapters: 9, words: 53k+, favs: 226, follows: 248, updated: Apr 17 published: Apr 11, Arthas Menethil, Eddard S./Ned, Joffrey B.

The other stories by this author is also excellent.
    A Lelouch insert into A Game of Thrones:

Zero Requiem ยป Lelouch dreamed about the past glories of his Valyrian family, when they'd held great keeps and their fleets ruled the Narrow Sea. But some nights, he dreamed of a life that wasn't his. He dreamed of an empire, war, and tyranny. Most of all, Lelouch Velaryon dreamed of revolution. (Lelouch from Code Geass inserted into ASOIAF, set in the War of the Ninepenny Kings era).
    A song of Ice and Fire & Code Geass, T, English, Adventure, chapters: 29, words: 159k+, favs: 683, follows: 743, updated: Apr 10 published: Jul 13, 2019, Lelouch L., C.C., Tywin L., Aerys I

Emmew likes this.
  6. Emmew

Emmew QQwalker

I am currently reading Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. If you like fantasy books definetly check it out.

7. Darknessthere

Darknessthere Weak and Weary

I started reading Hunter x Hunter recently. Pretty good. Nen is as interesting a power system as people have been saying your years.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  8. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

Not sure if Audiobooks count as "reading", but I'm currently listening to the third part of Richard Fox' Terran Armor Corps series on Audible, which in turn is part of the larger Ember War Universe, which is some amazing Military Sci-Fi.

The Series is about the Iron Dragoons, a unit of the titular Armor Corps, who pilot 15-foot tall Mechs/Power Armor that make 40k's Terminators blush, and the Protagonist's initiation into it (in the first book at least), and how they fight against various alien enemies of the Terran Union, plus some great character interactions.

Don't mistake it for pure Starship Troopers-esque HFY circlejerk though. The Terran Union might resemble Heinlein's Terran Federation in broad strokes, that being a pretty militaristic, united Human government with mandatory national service for all Citizens, but they lack the fascist undertones (The Author doesn't wax lyrically about politics for instance), actually use diplomacy wherever they can, and have at least two alien allies that actually like them (as in, weren't forced into an alliance with Humanity at gunpoint, like the Skinnies were), one of which even has an active Soldier Exchange Program with the Union. One of them actually joins the Protag's Lance (Squad), but has only cursory understanding of human customs, and her misconceptions and her own cultural quirks are just downright adorable at times.
    Even the hostile aliens aren't one-dimensional. They aren't assholes just for the sake of being assholes, but because they have genuine beliefs or grievances that conflict with the Terran Union. Like lost wars or slights in the past, for instance.

I also love that the series goes into significant detail about the drawbacks of spending often days or weeks at a time in a Mech/Suit of Power Armor, only moving it with a neural implant while suspended in a "Womb" (it's literally called that) filled with Amniotic Fluid which supplies the pilot with nutrition and oxygen.
    Limbs atrophy from lack of use, eating solid food becomes difficult (the Protag bites himself in the cheek several times when he eats solid food again after a long period in Armor for instance), and even mundane things like wearing boots feels strange, along with withdrawal-like synthoms of feeling naked and vulnerable when not inside the Control Womb. Stuff that is either mentioned in passing or not at all in other settings.

Part 1, Iron Dragoons, is straightforward: How the initiation process into the Armor Corps works, how their training looks like, and some of their traditions and beliefs. Along with some actual combat scenes.

Part 2, Ibarra Sanction, is about a new alien threat appearing, and reveals a mysterious faction of humans only alluded to in passing in the previous one.

Part 3, The True Measure, the one I'm at right now, without spoiling anything, sheds some light on how Galactic Politics work. As well as more details on that mysterious Human Faction.

There are more parts afterwards, but I haven't listened to them yet.
    Also, reading/listening to the Ember War series isn't strictly necessary. It puts some things into context, and events that happened in it are referenced by several characters, but things are explained well enough that you can fill in the blanks yourself without missing out on sonething relevant to the plot (kinda like you can read Lord of the Rings without having read the Hobbit or the Silmarillion first. It helps, but isn't needed to enjoy it).
    Overall I can just highly recommend it.

Aaand I'm finished with my ramblings.

Last edited: May 3, 2020