• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

What the Appeals section is for(semi-rant).

Ahtu

The Perma Thread Muted(in practice).
A Mod that kinda hates me, just bascially explained to me that "Appeals" is actually just for venting at mods. That makes so much more sense! It's not actually for lodging complaints and expecting them to be taken seriously. It's meant to let ppl vent about mods on the downlow, where only mods can see it.

When you view it like that, it actually makes a whole lot more sense(based on the reception I've seen). It's not actually about overturning blatant overreaches, I think those are just sort of expected(at least in certain cases). It's to let ppl vent about it quietly. Makes so much more sense to me now. It's a pacifier for those who have accepted that nothing is ever gonna come from it.

My point here? Dunno, just felt like sharing my flash of insight/"Ahaaa"-moment. Seems a lot like similar functions in society at large. A bit like those vanguard phone companies, that exist to take on angry phone calls, but don't actually have the authority to do anything to help the ppl calling - A way to try and deter ppl looking for compensation, or to lodge complaints, etc(and to stop them from going public en masse).

In other words, it's simply a semi-therapeutic function.

Personally I think I found the "understanding more" bit a fair bit more therapeutic.

PS. For a time I thought it was just about the facade, but this is where I realized there was more to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back