1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Where I Vanished To

Discussion in 'General' started by Merior, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

I'd like to apologise to those who are interested in the Quests (Tentacle Quest, Pretty Princess Institute Quest, Goblin Party Quest) I had been writing, but a few things have recently gotten in the way of them (or indeed be doing much at all). A lack of energy and an increasing amount of stress had delayed and delayed things, but this managed to be capped by illness and vague chest pains.

On the early hours of Wednesday 25th October I was admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties and stabbing pains in chest and shoulder. An early x-ray showed a 'wedge' and blood tests were inconclusive concerning it being either a very localised infection or a blood clot. A day of tests, a scan, waiting, and feeling like I was being stabbed when I breathed or had the slightest pressure on my right side finally returned the diagnosis of pneumonia.

I lost the next couple of days in pain and taking medication, but it has only been by Sunday that I have been able to breath or lay down without significant discomfort. My energy levels seem to come in spurts and I've been assured that it's actually a good thing if I cough up something bloody.

Oddly enough this all means that I'm not going to be even trying to do anything with the Quests until much, much better...

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Hugs~

3. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

This One wishes you a quick recovery Merior.

4. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Get well soon Merior.

5. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Get well soon, Merior! Breathing problems aren't fun.

6. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Well.

IRL takes priority in all cases, is a generally accepted truth but this...

Geeze.

You take as much time as you need, man. Rest, relax, and let your body recover.

7. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Always the best of wishes Meri. Take care of yourself.

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

That does not sound pleasant at all.
    Get well soon!

9. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Rest heal and get better.

10. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Sounds rough. Good luck and take care of yourself.

11. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

Get well soon.

12. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

[img width=600 height=497]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/Random%20pics/10-4-201335454AM_zps6cf13be5.jpg[/img]

13. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

October 25? Do you mean September 25?

Best wishes in any case, I hope you have a swift and full recovery.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  14. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Ack. Good luck. Surgery stuff sucks, but it's better then the other option.

15. Merior

Thanks for all these good wishes and I will (for the obvious reasons) be trying to get better.

...yes? Sorry, for the mistake. :-[

16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Just found your thread about you being ill, (yes, i'm really slow)

wanted to wish you well.

I had pneumonia once myself.
    couple of years back, when there was knee high snow for weeks at a time.
    the entire college campus was covered in snow, and I'd managed to fuck my back up doing something stupid.

So there I am, limping along on a sheet of ice, in the middle of the closest thing England has had to a Blizzard in the last 20 years. and I managed to slip and fall into the only non-frozen puddle within miles.

Soaking went, having re-fucked my back, and utterly tired of this shit, I went to the main office, told them I was signing out and going home because "I fell"

without even looking up, the desk person told me that was a shitty excuse and I needed to get to class.

So I reached up to my chest, and peeled a chunk of recently frozen puddle (about the size of my head) from my shirt, and placed in on her desk.

That shut her up pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, I needed to wait for about 10 Min at the bus-stop.

I then spent the next couple of months wrapped up in bed, barely able to even stand, and barely even able to visit the doctor (buses shut down due to snowfall, no car, and no fucking way am I walking anywhere in this state)

I missed so much of my college course that I had to drop out.

I get ill a lot, my immune system is so shitty that even vaccines can make me sick some times. Colds all the time, influenza a bunch of times, even maanged to catch Whooping Cough (not as fun as it sounds) but this was easily the sickest I have ever been, and the only time that I was seriously thinking to myself "This might be it for me"

Needless to say, It didn't actually kill me (unless i'm a ghost writer, ooooooh!) and I did get better.

so hey, the moral of the story is "You might be as sick as a fucking dog, but at-least you're not snowed in too, right"

I'f it didn't manage kill me, then I'm sure you'l be fine

Hope you feel better soon.

Unless I missed the memo by so long that you actually recovered already. in which case, Nice going, it took me almost three fucking months.

fakeedit: couldn't decide if this should be a bump to an old thread, or a straight up PM.

decided on this in the end.

17. Merior

Well, thanks to you all for these best wishes.

It took three weeks until I was off the antibiotics and okayed by the doctor to return to university, but even then he warned me that it would be 'several weeks' before I was back to 'normal'. I'm still getting short of breath annoyingly easily, but I'm up and around and not in pain which is a good thing.

Of course this means that I have no excuses not to deal with university admin, get my head back into Quests, sort out the games I was in or running, try to get back into exercise again... :(

18. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Nice to hear you're feeling better at least.

Here's hopin' you manage the full recovery.