1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't I ignore Vanathor?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Valette-Serafina, May 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Wanna ignore Vanathor?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

He's not a moderator, right? Is there a reason, or is it simply a forum code default thing?
    Would it be possible for this state of affairs to change?

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Vanathor is staff....

Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
  3. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Related question, what does he do? Stylist is a vague term, and QQ is hardly a wonderland of art or cutting edge web design which is what the phrase would suggest to me in this context.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. Biigoh

5. Valette-Serafina

Yes, but not a mod. Do I actually have to see what he posts? If so, why?

6. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

To answer your question, if you guys have problems with any of the forum skins, or need something for health reasons in terms of the same, I help with that.

ie, the reason we have the Dark Responsive High Contrast skin is because Xicree's eyes actively hurt from viewing any of the standard defaults so that was created for him.

Additionally, I have been responsible for acquiring and implementing certain features like the dice roller we use.

Beyond that, I am one of the most active peeps on the board, and regularly serve as first contact if you need something simply from my availability.

In any case Valette is just getting pissy because I called them out on using absolutely terrible sources in a debate, and that I don't share their regressive-left politics.

Fortunately, QQ is not a hugbox.

Emmew, Cane Toad, Ddmkm122 and 15 others like this.
  7. Valette-Serafina

We have a rule about taking things out of rants, you know.

If we're going there, though, I'd rather block you because you've literally advocated the annihilation of an entire culture, including children.

AuxxK, Ddmkm122, Candesce and 4 others like this.
  8. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

That is not from rants. Its in General. And I was was just answering their given question, as to my role, and why you were complaining.

Feel free to bring that back to the Trump thread or Rants, if you want to talk about my views and yours and engage in that discussion.

9. Valette-Serafina

It's not? Seriously?

Wow. Huh. I am quite surprised.
    No, I'd rather talk about never seeing you ever again.

AuxxK, Sheaman3773, Ddmkm122 and 3 others like this.
  10. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

It's hard coded. Anyone that is labeled as Staff cannot be put on the ignore list. Anyone that has an Admin permission is automatically labeled as Staff. Theme editing is an Admin permission.

11. Valette-Serafina

How very regrettable.

12. asdx

asdx Mouth Pussy

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  13. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

I'm sorry you apparently have a hard-on for hating on me, but if you want to continue this line of discussion, there is an entire sub-board for blowing off steam.

Cheers.

Cane Toad, Ddmkm122, khatun and 9 others like this.
  14. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Vanathor, thank you for explaining. I thought the various themes were add-ons bought from XenForo.

15. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Couple of them were bought, but that was more 'nice thing I did' then any particular role I have.

But all of them require tweaking for a variety of reasons and don't come where they need to be, out of the box.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

All this politics is confusing me. Trump seems like a dick and an asshole to me. But we have to somehow deal with the terrorists in a more permanent manner, right?

Sometimes I wish we could befriend them :(

17. Valette-Serafina

Not the thread, but if you approve of murdering children, you're going on my ignore list too.

AuxxK, Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
  18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Don't be silly. I never said that we're going to murder children. We could, idk, take them far away and unbrainwash their fanaticism or something?

19. Biigoh

Guys... Not the topic for this.

20. Valette-Serafina

Indeed not. So, to the topic. It's not possible now: Will it be possible in future?

21. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Even assuming elgee was willing to go along with your desire, doing so would cost a pretty penny as it would take a talented Xenforo developer quite a bit of time to decouple admin permissions from the staff list. I know a guy who could probably do it, if you care to pony up several hundred dollars for the privilege :)

22. Valette-Serafina

Or, you could get a separate account for styling and have your main account de-admin'd. That'd be pretty much free, right?
    It's not like you're a mod, after all.

23. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

That I know won't happen, as elgee straight up had fair amount of issues with the creation of a separate account to run the vote tally program for the sole fact that others with primary accounts can access it.
    Let alone something as trivial as what you want. Multiple accounts don't happen.

24. Valette-Serafina

Really. Well, in that case, the option would be something like stripping your admin status when you're not using it.

Or you could just log out, and into a different account. Really, what would be so hard about that?

25. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Do you really not see the logistical issues associated with having to pester elegee or alethiophile whenever a minor issue gets PMed to me to fix?
    I just said multiple accounts is not going to happen for reasons described above.
    Short of custom development (which costs large sums of money due to taking up a programmer's time), or Xenforo natively implementing (unlikely), it is not even technically possible, even assuming elgee wants to bother with it at all.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  26. Valette-Serafina

Well, if you can't be bothered to log out of your main account, that's on you.
    No, it's quite simple. You make a second account, and it gets given the powers you need. You don't use it for anything else. You switch accounts as needed.

If there is a problem with this, then there must also be a problem with either new members of the forum joining, or staff privileges being assigned. Which is it? One of those, or you being lazy?

AuxxK, Ddmkm122, gustyeagle and 2 others like this.
  27. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Um, I think we may be misscommunicating here? That solution is not a matter of 'feasibility'. Its a matter of 'elgee (the big wig) won't go for it, as it would necessitate the creation of a secondary account for an active user.'

As in, something he feels strongly enough about that he nearly refused to let us create an account for Kinematic's vote tally program to generate a cookie to access the NSFW board, solely for the fact that myself and Kinematics would have access to it in addition to our primary accounts. A second account that I would be using on a semi-regular basis? That is not going to happen. This is not something he would be willing to bend on, unless he has radically changed his personal policies 180 degrees and has not mentioned it to any of the staff.

28. Valette-Serafina

How strange. In that case, we have reached the limit of your ability to contribute to this thread.

29. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

The thread has run its course, yes.

30. Valette-Serafina

That's not for you to say. You are neither a mod nor an admin, and you have an inherent bias in this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.