1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Well, if there's research that can be done for the good of Ulthuan the world, it's only natural that Teclis position himself to take credit contribute his insight. Plus, it sounds like OL found a lost colony of elves that need to be brought back under Ulthuan's authority support.

Ulthuan's elves are nicer to outsiders than any other elven kingdom that has an officially published army list. Consider for a moment how low that bar is.

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

3. Citizen

Citizen Experienced.

I wonder if this is in relation to 'I'm here to solve your birth crisis'.

4. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Actually, now that I think about it, was Teclis sleeping with one of the two lady elfs who spoke to Paul earlier?

ChestBurster, Vorian, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Versed in the lewd.

Given his ambient aura is effecting Elven birth rates it's a bit more then just "feel like" given Elven birth rates are directly connected to Slaanesh...

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Trouble coming, I suppose? Might have been better off keeping the armour on, especially if it's enchanted. Never know when you're going to need to make a ward save...

Bet he was fascinated by the material, at least. Not that he's show it to a longshanks. I foresee his partnership with Paul going very well for him, being able to source just about any high-quality metal at perfect purity...

Yep. Joy of living in one of the crappiest kingdoms (for peasants, anyway.) Paul's presumed utter lack of concern for titles and rank probably makes it even harder to slot him into a mental box....

Definitely in the grim-dark era of Bretonnia. Still, good to see they can find enjoyment where they can.

Ah. That means Elves, or Reikslanders. And given the latter probably haven't heard of him (Or dismissed it as a fanciful tale if they have,) it's likely Elves.

Since he wouldn't have seen the Dark Elven raiding party's main ship, merely their landing craft... Black Arks aren't something you casually cruise up to the shoreline in...

And since none of the local Lords seem to give a toss about them, there's no complaints about 'giving the filthy rabble ideas above their rightful station...'

Really got to work on their nerves, eh...

...Definitely need to get them educated. Assuming some knight doesn't wander along while you're away and decide to wipe the town out for 'crimes against the natural order' or something because they live peacefully with elves.

Yeah, definitely some bigwig come to have a look at the 'orange flying Man' for himself, then.

Not prepped for combat, then. Not that means much with a Man'O'War...

Definitely some high muck-a-muck come to visit.

:rolleyes: Ah, the Druuchi ego.

Gee, thanks, Malekith. Or rather, thanks, Morathi, his mother...

Oh, this day just gets better and better.

Sooner you get that magic armour, the better, eh?

Ah, yes. The days when getting a message across a kingdom in weeks was considered brisk. Assuming the messenger didn't got ambushed by bandits, Beastmen, Greenskins, Chaos marauders or any number of weird beasties.

...I'm sorry, you do remember what the locals are like? Villeins like that aren't someone you send to talk to whatever Lord High Arcanus is out there...

I'm amazed she even suggested it. She must have known how big of an insult it would have been... She's that desperate to keep him safe?

...Ah. Does someone have a little crush on our erstwhile Lantern?

The joy of swearing off the nastier side of Dark Magic. And yes, that's an actual school of Magic in the Warhammer world. Practised mostly by Dark Elves and the occasional Vampire...

Heh. An unexpected romantic gesture, but I'm guessing there's a bit of attraction there.

Just look for the biggest, fanciest robes and tallest pointy hat.

Oh, my. The biggest of big wizards himself. I wonder what he's here for...

Hoo boy. Probably a good thing he didn't send out anyone else to meet his guests. Gods only know how Teclis would have taken that. So many possibilities for his presence, though... Curiosity? Seeking healing for his cursed frailty? Or does he mean to take the ring for himself? Swinging his big magical dick around? The next part will be very interesting to see...

7. Darko

Darko Well worn.

They are apparently fucking each other.

The dumber it looks the higher the rank.

8. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dat relationship with Aranei is unhealthy at best.

Her unashamed selfishness is hilarious though.

Teclis seems cool, from his entry, someone Paul can work with.

Also, more 40K please!

ChestBurster, crazygrox, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  9. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Know what you're doing yet?

Paul is posession of an artifact created by race that are peers to The Old Ones, which has a database full of cosmic lore and technologies.

Teclis is the foremost Archmage of the Asur who has a HUGE thirst for knowledge, tempered and sharpened with wisdom.

Seems pretty obvious WHY he would should show up, and in a dragonship to boot!
    Well, Paul can certainly deal with the physiological symptoms of Khaine's curse I'm sure, but not so much the curse itself. The Bloody-handed One is a VERY sadistic, petty bastard, and he's not one to suffer interference with his workings....

10. Darko

Darko Well worn.

The ring may not have that database.

Paragon did not have a database when he showed up on Earth 16 so this version may also not have a database.

Paragon was shown as being able to devour magic with his ring, and seeing as this version lived in a fantasy magic world he may have more experience with this.

11. transhumansage

transhumansage I trust you know where the happy button is?

yeah that part is weird for me too. but then what else can be done with the druichi.

ChestBurster, Ardy and mastermenthe like this.
  12. Dappershire

Dappershire Getting some practice in, huh?

Who needs a database. Thats all stuff he'd know rings are capable of by default. And he's had months of time to practice.

13. Vaermina

Rings aren't capable of that by default... Paul didn't learn how till after he interfaced with other Lantern stuff.

And knowing that it's possible to warp space time doesn't tell you how to do it...

14. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 Not too sore, are you?

Ahem.

WANT.

ChestBurster, Vorian, Finerc and 8 others like this.
  15. Rafin

Rafin Know what you're doing yet?

Do what? Enhance his vision?

16. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

You realise you're saying that rings are incapable of it by default, right? Because that's what what you just said means. So since you're asking about it in this case rather than asking how the SI is capable of it in general, how exactly do you think the paragon added that capability to his ring?

17. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mr Zoat, I was wondering, I believe you once said that John Constantine thinks Paul is a fictional character who was pulled into reality due to misunderstanding Paul's explanation on how he knows so much about John's adventures. Is there a way to find that quote? I just want to add it to the TV Tropes page.

Edit: If that isn't possible (I tried to but couldn't), could we get an official Word of Zoat explaining what exactly John thinks Paul meant?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  18. Mr Zoat

Here.

John believed at the time that the SI was a fictional charaacter brought to life.

19. Ngamer11

Thanks. That was bothering me.

ChestBurster likes this.
  20. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I would hope so, Paul went to a meaningful amount of effort to install that loyalty in her brain. Mind-raping a replacement Druchii Sorceress would require not-entirely-trivial effort on his part.

o_O you act as if anyone else on the planet is better. Most nations won’t try to help anyone at all. The Karaz Ankor only helps to pay their debt. Bretonnia will help because that is their idea of fun and Ulthuan will help because they think you are a child incapable of helping yourself.

WFB isn’t as aggressively GrimDerp as 40K, but it is still very grimdark.

21. Ngamer11

This kinda makes me wish a bunch of Pauls would show up there for a short while, demonstrate how powerful they are, and try to get people to realize that there are stronger forces out there that aren't demons and gods and that maybe they should listen to Paol a little more if he could become that strong.

22. Ganurath

Well, those other nations didn't have my cheating older brother playing their army list, and dwarves don't have the monopoly on grudges.

Also? Ulthuan doesn't really help. They show up. They participate. Then they convince everyone that their presence was essential. In Storm of Chaos, their contribution was a fucking horse.

23. Mr Zoat

If you're relying on ultruism, you're not orange lanterning very well.

24. Ganurath

I'm not, I'm shitting on the faction that passes for good guys by being just self-aware enough to understand that the world ending kills them, too, but otherwise being villains that disguise their nature by decorating with pastels and Lucky Charms cereal.

25. Citizen

Citizen Experienced.

First I heard about the horse. Could you tell me where I could confirm that for myself?

26. Hotcoco

Hotcoco Getting out there.

Ok... whose idea was to give the elves the popes hat...

27. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Not too sore, are you?

Ah, but where does Age of Sigmar fall on that spectrum?

I figure, from what I’ve dived into about Soulbound and faction histories, they are less grim dark than classic WH Fantasy.

28. Ganurath

On Valten's wiki page, under war gear and abilities. Apparently, it was sired by the horse favored by Teclis's brother, Tyrion. Giving that horse to a guy who was presumed to be the Second Coming of Sigmar was how Ulthuan decided to help against the Everchosen. Apparently, sending three elves to help against the last one had been too much.

29. Vaermina

Nope, just Paul's ring, because it had no database.

Paragon added that ability, by downloading every bit of data he could get his ring on. Up to and including making copies of the general GLC database.

30. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Experienced.

First mention of transitioning here during the fight with Klarion at the Tower of Fate.

Paragon didn't get a GLC database until he stole John Stewart's ring during the Starrotech mind control incident.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Vorian, Dappershire, Ngamer11 and 3 others like this.