1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have added another rule, please check the Rules post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to some issues with Freenode, the QQ IRC Channel is moving. See here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Kinda hoping that after the whole reveal that magic is real that they've been released.

Though after seeing what Constantine does they'll probably need therapy.

Prepare to no longer eat bacon after this, Kara 3.

And probably embracing veganism.

Ah, super voice.

One of the many, many powers of Silver Age Kryptonians.

Hmm, if this is demon related then one smell may be a host and the other a demon that's possessing said host.

Okay, so this may be Angelic in nature, somehow.

Nabu?

So he either somehow came back, or someone is here to avenge him, or the Plane of Order sent someone else to take up his duties and they didn't have a great start.

Finerc, Ardy, Cuchulin and 9 others like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If I remember correctly after Kent and Nabu stopped working together, Kent made his own weaker version of a Helm to help in crime fighting, so there are technically spares around.

And now that you mentioned alternate Nabus, I'm getting the feeling that this is Nabu from Demon Earth, and he's here to either seek help, or just to flee from the Hell his world has become.

Or help the demons if he's been corrupted somehow.

Though the golden fire may point to him not being corrupted.

Finerc, Ardy, Cuchulin and 10 others like this.
  3. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 Not too sore, are you?

My concerns are grand and (mostly) all encompassing.

[Insert Among Us Joke Here]

4. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

I believe the golden fire simply represents the orderly alignment of the magic used. Order and chaos do not equate to good and evil. Something can be both orderly and evil, like a ritual sacrifice, as long as it's done methodically.

Finerc, Ardy, HearthBorn and 13 others like this.
  5. crazygrox

crazygrox I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am fairly convinced that this is demon-dimension Nabu.

But he's setting up anti-hellwraith wards, he might be opposed to the demon earth, and coming to warn the local heroes.

Ardy, Cuchulin and moralrelativity like this.
  6. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Jay had been a speedster for over 50 years before he had ever heard of it in the comics, and Barry was already dead. It's not necessarily like the tv show where the Speed Force shows up for tea.

And no it's not my position that the Speedforce exists in YJ. IT's my position that unless one is writing a YJ fanfic then one should do everyone a favor and stop with the "It doesn't exist in YJ" as if anyone's opinion but the author's is actually relevant as to what is true in an author's creation.

Unless someone is doing a Quest and "Does this story use the Speedforce?" is a vote put forward, of course.

As for the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, last I checked he stated that Sinestro was a GL villain, but claimed SPOILERS when asked about the rest of the rainbow lanterns.

Cuchulin, HearthBorn, zeebza and 5 others like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Golden fire is typically used by the Silver City, so that's why I think that he may not be demonically corrupted.

Unless he is corrupted but figured out a way to use theurgy without damaging himself, which may be possible.

Cuchulin and moralrelativity like this.
  8. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Not too sore, are you?

Hellwraith!

Another construct lantern lost… Hey I wonder if some impression of Teekl and other fallen lanterns survives in the Honden. Or we could learn what Ophidian and Hellwraith talked about over the ages it was inactive.

Huh. I had a thought. Is there any chance Paul will turn a villainous supergirl into a construct lantern going forward?

Ardy, Cuchulin, Wheenesss and 2 others like this.
  9. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Have the Controllers managed to revert any construct Lanterns yet? What happens if they're destroyed like all of Paragon's constructs are now? (Except for the Saremite, I think, who he made into a construct ring?). Do they pass on into the afterlife or whatever happens when beings like them normally die?

10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

So, an average Constantine event. I would laugh if this turned out to be where John's hiding out while he takes care of Nabu-related business, and OL's accidentally overcome whatever kind of 'not now, do something else' effect John might have set on him... On the other hand, it sounds like a prime site for a Daemonic invasion...

See? That's really getting kind of annoying... I can understand the place going relatively unnoticed, though. Giovanni was probably rather busy with more notable sites, if he got alerted to it at all. And I doubt other magicians remotely wanted to stick their nose into a Constantine mess...

Well, anything other than Kara-1 herself. On the upside, she's probably a good choice to have along, with her super-supers-senses.

...We can't really rule something like that out, after all. Her arrival was still rather suspicious...

I suspect placement matters. Truggs at least showed there isn't a mystical component, though. So just painting the 'S' on your forehead should do.

On the other hand, any life-signs would be very noticeable in the quiet... Unless they're smart enough to use stealth magic.

Let me guess... It smells like bacon?

I don't think you will, once you learn what it is. But the fact that it's fresh is.. concerning. :confused:

Squatters, it seems. Ones who needed to patch up their pad. Time to look for houses with signs of repairs.

Oh hell, there goes the hope of surprising anyone.

Oh, right, super-lungs: When she projects, she really projects.

At least she kept the volume down low enough that anyone in the path of her call won't be bleeding from the ears...

Well, at least those super-duper-senses are coming in handy, even if she basically has a negative wisdom value...

Tasty weird or nasty weird? There's a big difference.

...Okay, be nice. Remember, she probably doesn't know the names for the scents she's picking up...

Okay, if you both survive the next few days: Get her up to speed on... Just about everything about Earth.

Who knows what's been built underground by now? Seriously, if I were moving into a town like this, I'd definitely have a secret underground lair set up inside the first few weeks.

...Well, that's not bad. Someone has extensive warding, yes. But given it was a demon, those wards are likely Orderly or Theurgistic in nature...

...Wards that can destroy Construct Lanterns outright? Oh, dear...

How very sensible. Don't know what the wards will do to flesh, after all. Could be anything from a simple Magic Circle Against Evil, that acts like a solid wall to 'evil' creatures, to a wall of Disintegration...

Judging by the amount of yellow, I would say he's definitely stressed...

Big-time cloaking wards. Whoever's in there clearly has some significant magical know-wots...

Huh, I'm impressed that worked. So, whoever's inside is likely not hostile... To them at least.

Rule 1: Be prepared for anything. Just because they sound friendly does not mean they are.

Plus, it's more than likely that if they aren't killed outright, he can put them back together without too much hassle.

Well, this shouldn't take to long to sort out...

...Or not. This could be a problem...

Okay, well... We at least know it's not Nabu-16, as John Quinn presumably has the helmet with him. So this is some alternate universe Nabu, or some being who chose a similar method of existence. It's likely that this might be Nabu from Earth-Hell, somehow remaining untainted by the demonic energies, if only by rule of narrative convenience. I guess we'll see, tomorrow.

11. Vaermina

Vaermina Experienced.

The Speed Force controls the Time, Space, and Movement of everything.

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. transhumansage

transhumansage I trust you know where the happy button is?

kerleth and moralrelativity like this.
  13. Doccer

Doccer Not too sore, are you?

Where did that pic come from?

kerleth likes this.
  14. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 Not too sore, are you?

Again, source? Not saying that isn't the case, because this is comics and it probably is (despite there almost certainly being five different things that contradict that), but you're just saying that without a single link or anything to back it up.

Doccer, Ardy, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Experienced.

Orange Lantern Construct Lanterns are just orange light copies of beings, not actual Souls and the like.

Hence why Blackest Night sucked so bad for Larfleeze, with all the beings he turned into constructs getting their souls dragged back from the afterlife to go after him.

Cuchulin and BartlettMagic like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They might as well roll in broken glass and then take a bath in hot sauce mixed with a lot of salt.

And we'll see if Paul will attack him as soon as he realizes that it's Nabu, or if he can restrain himself.

17. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Versed in the lewd.

I'm pretty sure it is their souls trapped there, both in comics and this fic.

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Experienced.

Then how were their souls free to be brought back by Black Lantern rings in the Blackest Night?

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not 100% sure but I believe it's from the initial Books of Magic run by Neil Gaiman, when Timothy Hunter travels to the far future with Mister E and sees a bunch of shit from a magic multiversal war and things. It has an evil/twisted Nabu who forces his host to put him on.

Ardy, Cuchulin, erebus1994 and 7 others like this.
  20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Versed in the lewd.

Black light trumps orange light?

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

it a bit sad nowaday since Paul stop using construct minion

oh sure making them is unethical and morally wrong but i like minion class

kerleth, Ardy and BartlettMagic like this.
  22. transhumansage

transhumansage I trust you know where the happy button is?

i was starting to get attached to them. dammit.

Ardy likes this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It would be fairly hard to justify.
    No.
    No one knows.
    To be fair to John, he had nothing to do with causing it to happen. This time.
    That's the one.

24. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Future Nabu: "You fool! I have 70 alternative accounts!"

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  25. Stsword

Because Black Lanterns don't require souls.

Hence Robotman being attacked by his own body, hence Deadman seeing his own body running around, hence Hawkman's previous incarnations becoming black lanterns, hence Deathstorm running around while Ronnie is alive, hence Solomon Grundy being a black lantern while Cyrus Gold was in Hell, hence Katana being attacked by her husband whose soul was in Soultaker, or Batman Who Laughs getting his brainless body reanimated while the actual Batman Who Laughs was busy elsewhere.

Now some Black Lanterns most noticeably the Spectre were exceptions.

26. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

yeah, Black Light don't 'revive' revive you, it just make a black light thing to puppet the body around i think

basic Necromancy stuff really, animating the body with a spiritual construct

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin, Doccer and 4 others like this.
  27. Stsword

Although the Spectre was an obvious exception, all free willed Black Lanterns imply more exceptions, and the Solomon Grundy storyline suggests that Black Lantern status and other forms of undeath are compatible and are very very very bad news for anyone in the vicinity.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. cookiemontser

cookiemontser Getting out there.

Will we finally discover what happened to Constantine? Feels like years ago since we last saw him.

Caerwen, Ardy and Bud-E like this.
  29. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

Alternate Nabu is most likely.

Watch as New Kara tries to ripe the helmet off with her pure strength, stopping short of doing real harm.

30. Baladar

Baladar Getting sticky.

Great. It’s the asshole lich again.