• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm amused by the idea that the shameful thing Londo's grandfather did during the occupation which G'Kar used to blackmail him was 'got behind on his beatings quota' or 'was actually nice to the help
Londo: He-he actually refused to beat them when they displeased him! Allowed them time to rest after they worked! Even helped them when they were moving some materials in the compound! What sort of proud Centauri does that?!
 
https://youtu.be/tF27OtzAslY

"They didn't wake the dragon. They broke into his cave, stole his gold, ate his food, and pissed on his leg. Then Earth paid the price in full."

If I'm reading this right, humanity only survived because the Minbari found that human souls are Minbari souls. Which is to say, for religious reasons, they decided to spare humanity.

While they may want peace, given that humanity never actually had a chance at fighting them… well, it would be nice if the people in charge worked to make sure they didn't piss the Minbari off again, but they just decided that they were invincible, didn't they?
 
but they just decided that they were invincible, didn't they?
Yeah.

Humanity in the Babylon 5 setting isn't the intelligent and insightful version from Star Trek, so they are prone to doing a lot of stupid things.

Heck, in the RPG books about the Vorlons and Shadows, Justin, a high ranking Shadow agent, mentions that one of the reasons he signed up with the Shadows was because he saw that the Minbari surrender made humanity think that they were somehow now big boys on the galactic scene, and Justin wanted to show them how stupid that is.
 
Minbari found that human souls are Minbari souls.
I thought that was because Minbari have Valen's/Sinclair's DNA and even when he turned himself into a Minbari he still has some human DNA left. Not that Minbari souls are litteraly reborn in human bodies. I thought that is just how the Minbari interpreted it. I could be completely wrong of course.
 
I thought that was because Minbari have Valen's/Sinclair's DNA and even when he turned himself into a Minbari he still has some human DNA left. Not that Minbari souls are litteraly reborn in human bodies. I thought that is just how the Minbari interpreted it. I could be completely wrong of course.
Nope, you're right.
 
Wait does she really have that much trouble understanding how bad attempted genocide is? Is this some Minbari cultural thing?

My understanding of the Minbari's history is that their only other wars would have been ones with races fully converted / enslaved by the Shadows. These would have been fought to the point of de facto Genocide with considerably greater justification.

Their society is also greatly fractured and someone who is not in the Warrior Caste would have likely never had reason to consider the morality of war or what constitutes a war crime.
 
Mayan is still standing there, just taking in the glares. I think she's genuinely surprised, though I'm not at all sure why. I walk up to her, smile and nod at the audience, grab her around the waist and lever her into a nearby chair.

She stares at me in shock as I sit down opposite her, and then looks down and wriggles herself to defray stress.

I lean a little closer. "Sorry if that violates propriety-"

Her head comes back up. "Yes. It did."
He's totally flirting with her.

Black uniform, Psi Corps insignia.

Looking at me.
Consequences!


Are from the RPG and not canon to Mr Zoat's version of things.
 
I always thought that the minbari just completely misunderstood what the triluminary glowing actually meant.

I wouldn't even be surprised. However, I believe Dukhat definitely knew what it meant.

The glow told Dukhat that Delenn was a "Child of Valen", thus a descendant of Valen himself. Even if that bloodline was a thousand years old.

I believe there were a few other members of the Grey Council who knew, them being surprised wouldn't make sense otherwise.
 
Yeah.

Humanity in the Babylon 5 setting isn't the intelligent and insightful version from Star Trek, so they are prone to doing a lot of stupid things.

Heck, in the RPG books about the Vorlons and Shadows, Justin, a high ranking Shadow agent, mentions that one of the reasons he signed up with the Shadows was because he saw that the Minbari surrender made humanity think that they were somehow now big boys on the galactic scene, and Justin wanted to show them how stupid that is.

…to be entirely fair to BB5 humanity, they did the stupidest thing possible and were saved by plot armor at the last second. I suppose they took it as a sign they're Batman?
 
…to be entirely fair to BB5 humanity, they did the stupidest thing possible and were saved by plot armor at the last second. I suppose they took it as a sign they're Batman?
I get the feeling you don't know the exact events of "In The Beginning".

Because that encounter was a lot more equal sided then normally portrayed, it wasn't "Minbari open gun ports, humans fire on them." it was "Minbari approach with open gun ports, humans get antsy and try to open communications, Minbari refuse to respond to the communications scan the humans ship and their scanners are so advanced they damage the human ship, humans think it's an attack and open fire".

The whole thing was a tragic series of mistakes from both sides.
 
We don't question Pinkie Pie. Bad things happen.
Idiots. Pinkie's instincts are reproducible, it's science. After this, it's impossible to perceive Twalight as a competent scientist.


Sometimes the "heroic" or "villain" plot lines are so uninteresting that I simply abandon the fanfic for a couple of months or years. Fight scenes, especially, often spark zero interest in me. I'm not interested in reading a simple text action game without interesting interactions and when it's obvious that there are no risks and nothing bad will happen.
 
I wouldn't even be surprised. However, I believe Dukhat definitely knew what it meant.

The glow told Dukhat that Delenn was a "Child of Valen", thus a descendant of Valen himself. Even if that bloodline was a thousand years old.

I believe there were a few other members of the Grey Council who knew, them being surprised wouldn't make sense otherwise.
I meant with regard to Sinclair, because Dukhat never met him and Sinclair certainly wasn't a descendant of Valen.
 
I always thought that the minbari just completely misunderstood what the triluminary glowing actually meant.
There's no reason why BOTH theories for it glowing can't be true, Humans and Minbari exchanging souls, AND Minbari having human D.N.A.

There IS a species that has the tech to capture the consciousness of a departed individual, so shouldn't the Minbari, (who are over a thousand years ahead of most of the current races except the First Ones), have the tech to study the "non-localized phenomena" of the Soul, and it's relationship with the corporeal/material.
 
My understanding of the Minbari's history is that their only other wars would have been ones with races fully converted / enslaved by the Shadows. These would have been fought to the point of de facto Genocide with considerably greater justification.
Nope. In fact the last war the Minbari fought was only a few centuries ago. Back when the Centauri were first starting to expand and forge their empire, they had an early rival called the Garmak who were just as aggressive and expansionist as the Centauri. Then the Garmak made the mistake of provoking the Minbari, who went and slaughtered their navy in a bunch of completely one-sided fights while leaving the Garmak colonies alone.

It was the Centauri watching what happened to the Garmak(even as they had no problems conquering and enslaving the now defenseless Garmak) that first gave the Centauri their old phobia about provoking the Minbari. They learned first-hand there that there is always a bigger fish.

The reason the Minbari went genocidal on Humanity, is because Jankowski killed Dukhat. Dukhat was basically the most respected and beloved leader amongst all three castes that the Minbari had had since Valen. Jankowski might as well have gone up and shot Muhammad in the streets, which is why the Minbari were calling it a holy war until the one-sided slaughter of it all became too much for some.
 
The reason the Minbari went genocidal on Humanity, is because Jankowski killed Dukhat. Dukhat was basically the most respected and beloved leader amongst all three castes that the Minbari had had since Valen. Jankowski might as well have gone up and shot Muhammad in the streets, which is why the Minbari were calling it a holy war until the one-sided slaughter of it all became too much for some.
Heck, on it's own that wouldn't even have been enough.

The actual vote on the subject was split, with Delenn being the deciding vote, and if Dukhat hadn't functionally been Delenn's father she wouldn't have given in to her grief and voted for war.

One of the big stories in Babylon 5 is how everything most of what Delenn does with humans is basically penance for that mistake.
 
I always thought that the minbari just completely misunderstood what the triluminary glowing actually meant.

Same.

I just assumed that they considered it sacred, so they never bothered to study it and never found out it was basically a DNA scanner.


Fortunately, he's unlikely to face any.

Are from the RPG and not canon to Mr Zoat's version of things.

You talking about what is and isn't canon is just hilarious.

so shouldn't the Minbari, (who are over a thousand years ahead of most of the current races except the First Ones), have the tech to study the "non-localized phenomena" of the Soul, and it's relationship with the corporeal/material.

Ehh, not necessarily.

The Minbari are advanced, but they're not the most advanced race.

The Soul Hunters were created by a First One race called the Mindriders.

It's highly likely that the Soul Hunters are more advanced than Minbari, or at least have abilities that help them.

Plus, the Minbari may consider trying to study the soul through scientific methods to be heretical.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top