1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

And then he pinned that overgrown bat down with a homemade taser pitchfork [market name 'Enoch's Trident'] while his daughter/test subject beat up Batgirl and Robin. He then tied them up, put them in a homemade rocket filled to brim with mutant bugs and launched them at Gotham... then Batman got out of restraints mid-flight, wrecked the rocket, stomped on all the bugs and sent the fuzz at Brown but that's not important.

I thought she took super steroids? Where was eating enhanced meat = superpowers mentioned?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

He already has cheetah for that.

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Cheetah is his girlfriend. Having what appears to be a normal young woman as his driver would be a good way to make people think she'd be easy to capture and replace. Also, I just like the idea that Peter has a team of bodyguard babes like some villains do, and may make some think he is one, even though he isn't.

4. Agent Orange

I thought he hired Cheetah for her brainz (and because of his catgirl obsession) not playing a bodyguard.

Cuchulin, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He hired Cheetah for her skills in genetic sciences, and not for her skills in fighting.

He may also hire former villains who don't have scientific expertise, but may have physical powers, to act as his bodyguards.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I haven't watched it, so I have a null input.
    Probably 2nd, and by the time the SI goes out into the wider world canon sort of stops mattering.

7. Agent Orange

Hey, Mr Zoat, if this parallel is based in DCAU and (loosely) following B:TAS and S:TAS timelines
    wouldn't have the Apokolyps invasion ('Legacy') and the Imperium invasion ('Secret Origins') happened a few years after Peter got there? He didn't even mention them as an afterthought. Why did it take him until the Thanagarian invasion to get involved?

Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Superman's attacks in Legacy were limited to a few military bases. Likewise, the Imperium only has facilities in a few places and he didn't have a special way of detecting their infiltrators. There also wasn't a Justice League to contact.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Pity, it would have been interesting to see Paul prevent Alexis Luthor from going down the path of crime, and I now think that instead of Clark, that version of Paul may try be more interested in his clone from the future.

He has a number of characteristics Paul may find attractive in a man.

Those being that he's a brooding clone of Superman that was made to be a weapon and has parental issues, albeit in his case his parents were erased from the timeline instead of just avoiding him because they are uncomfortable, or because they're insane and evil.

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Agent Orange

That's... fair, I suppose but also kinda weird. He didn't strike me as 'someone else will deal with it' kinda person in a real emergency. If there's no authority around he tends to deal with the emergency himself or coordinate with whoever's around. Maybe I'm reading him wrong or maybe Paul 12 is just different.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He doesn't exactly have much of a ring charge, so he couldn't interfere like other versions would do even if he wanted to interfere.

He has some advanced tech, but probably not a lot of it can rival a power ring.

He also most likely hasn't been involved in major combat like the other versions are, so he may not know what to do in such a situation.

12. Agent Orange

He had even less charge when he finally did get involved (Thanagrians) and the Imperium at least also wanted to wreck the planet (shroud it in darkness and block the sunlight if I recall correctly). The Apokolyps at least were 'only' interested in conquering it.

Punch em in the face really hard? It works for other Lanterns... /s

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Someone breaking the law in Gotham? unthinkable.

14. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

They generally only had three body types for men, too: slim, triangular brick, and preteen. I guess individual villains occasionally got unique models? But the majority of male League members could have swapped costumes and everything would fit perfectly.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He may have been worried about going crazy when the Imperium and Apokalips attacked and that's why he didn't put the ring on, because he was worried that he'd become the next threat, but when the Thanagarians attacked he was more willing to take a risk.

Punching ordinary criminals in the face is also a whole lot easier than going up against civilization destroying threats, like the three alien powers that invaded are, or a Kryptonian, and it's a whole lot more dangerous when you can't recharge your ring, or when you don't have any combat experience with a power ring.

Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  16. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Ah. Pops is working for the... Government?

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Agent Orange

Probably for whatever succeed Cadmus as stupid/lawful evil gov department. Or for some private entrepreneur like Luthor. Discount super soldier serum always sells.

nick012000, Cuchulin and Senevri like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

He reasonably assumed that the various military forces of the Earth could handle the Imperium once they finally got organised. The Thanagarians flat out shut down the Earth's militaries.

19. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

not exactly, plenty of places hard to reach have spotty mail coverage.
    and if the area is considered too dangerous they tend not to have delivery routes go there.
    usually when there is an ongoing gang war or the LA riots but those are situational and temporary events.

Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  20. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

‘couldn’t’ probably.

Mr Zoat, Chojin Patriarch and Darko like this.
  21. PJCG

PJCG Getting sticky.

I'm confused. Is Paul gay? Or just Bi?

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He's bisexual.

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

24. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Every girl drawn/designed by Bruce Timm is cute.

Gilhelmi and BBJimmy like this.
  25. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

USPS is not obligated to put mail carriers into harm's way. There are certain requirements for the placement of your mailbox, and if the mail carrier is unable to safely get to it, they aren't required to deliver. And IIRC the courts in the US have ruled that a history of an aggressive animal on the property is sufficient grounds for a carrier to deem a location unsafe, even if the animal isn't visible at the time. So... this behavior is totally legit, and if the Browns want their mail they should get a PO box or put a mailbox out by the nearest highway.

They ARE obligated to hold onto your mail at the post office for you to come pick it up. They can't throw it out.

you

26. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

How about Justice League Action?

Xmaster3000 and Gilhelmi like this.
  27. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Dr Brown likely got snatched up by Cadmus and/or the Suicide Squad Task Force X, and his deal was for her to get out of jail first rather then working his own time off.

Does make a bit of sense on the Cadmus front, yes they have some experienced scientists begged borrowed or stolen from places, (looking at you Dr Hamilton) but they still came up with a small cloned army of super hero types out of thin air. Someone had to do the R&D on that. Dr Brown would have been fairly early days for them, so it makes some sense that they'd have results by the time of JL.

Miss Brown here has some level of improved strength, the creatures he modified would have required some secondary alterations to just survive being larger then normal (denser bones, better hearts, stronger connective tissue etc). It could have made for a foundation for the Ultimen Program.

28. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now that Jason Todd has been introduced into the DCAU through Batman: The Adventures Continue, I wonder if we expect to see Peter being kidnapped, or one of his employees being targeted by the Red Hood at some point.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe 'you've admitted"

When he said another worlds Hell did he mean an afterlife used for punishing what the natives of that world view as sinners, and was made by an Old God, or some equivalent?

Or did the First create more than one Hell?

Maybe 'the guards'

Did that colored text indicate what Jade was feeling for Paul in that moment, or were those Paul's feelings?

maybe add 'if that's'

Was this paragons version of God Speech?

Don't remember if I asked you this before, but when he said that the First never recovered his power did he mean he never fully recovered his full political power, or his full arcane power?

Did they give the key to Hell to Christopher Rudd in this story like they did in the comics?

What did she mean when she said they connected it to the 'Great Void'?

Is anything shot with it being sent to the Bleed, or to the nothingness that the First was banished to, to prevent them from reforming in Hell in case they're powerful or prepared enough to survive being shot with the pre modified Ace of Winchester?

Maybe 'would dare to do what he is doing'.

There isn't really all that much of a plot in that series to make a story.

It's mostly just the JL fighting the bad guy of the week.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The employee I can see being targeted, but Peter may be left alone.

Well if Jason is insane to a great degree he may try to harm Peter for helping those he sees as scum, or because he believes what Peter is doing is a front to amass good will while doing something evil in the background, like Tangseid is doing.

Cuchulin and Tzeentch like this.