1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Prince Charon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. kamenhero25

kamenhero25 The Masked Writer

She doesn't black out from pain in one go. She gets a headache. I was postulating the most extreme the pain can get for her. Tagg would have to ask her a lot of questions very quickly to force her to pass out from the intensity of the pain. And considering that Taylor literally just saved her from that torture, I think that being willing to take significantly less pain to return the favor and keep her safe is not unreasonable.

Let's be fair. Dinah gets a free pass because people like her more, when she's just as responsible for the Arcadia incident as Tagg.

You're using this term wrong.

She has years to ask questions and make decisions. Putting it off by one day is not significant enough to justify answering Tagg's questions.

You'd think that the fact that Taylor just saved her from that would have some impact. Considering that without Taylor she'd still be drugged and captive. Screwing her over is a wonderful way to say thank you, isn't it?

2. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

1) Again, you're underestimating things. Doesn't pass it in one go isn't a low benchmark, you could say the same thing about any form of pain. "Oh, you should have just muscled through having your finger nails torn off one by one, not like you passed out after the first one." or hell, given this is basically coerced by an outside force she can't quite fight off (Shards) you could argue something along the lines of "I don't care if you were drugged, you should have said no"
    2) Once again you're expecting a 10 year old girl, whom has just gotten off of at least a month of constant drug abuse that she was subjected to against her will, to have the mental fortitude most adults, hell even most soldiers, don't have by keeping silent under terrible pain.
    3) And I can't stress this enough, holding a little girl who's just gone through something that would leave nearly anyone else a traumatized wreck unable to function to a standard beyond the reach of most humans alive is quite possible the most self righteous thing I have ever heard.

3. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Not really. Your....actually, my bad, Nekraa's example:

That one is fairly true.

Now, time is going to move forward regardless. Say a trolley is approaching a junction. One path leads to improved odds of humanity surviving, one has worse odds. In both paths, some amount of people that are going to get run over by the trolley.

Dinah can choose to let the trolley run along its current course, or she can choose to divert it to a better course, but either way there's going to be collateral damage.

That's a valid trolley dilemma. There's tons of variations, including shoving one person in front of a trolley to save a larger group of people from being run over.

Is it? All the little things do add up. And she is, personally, more vulnerable with less questions.

Personally, hard to fault someone in her position for moments of weakness. If that is what happened.

Said I'm not touching this; standing by that.

Prince Charon likes this.
  4. kamenhero25

You seem to be equating Dinah not answering questions to essentially torturing herself. Which is wrong in a lot of ways, but clearly you don't care. You're argument also seems to revolve around the fact that a 10 year old can't be expected to be responsible for doing that to herself after months of being drugged and kidnapped and that because she went through something traumatic, she is exempt from responsibility or any sense of gratitude to the person who saved her from that exact scenario.

Let me paint a picture here. Say a firefighter rescues a man from a burning building. Without the firefighter, the man would have died. In fact, the firefighter almost died several times. He was almost killed by the flames and the smoke and part of the roof even caved in on him one time, but he saved him anyway, because that's the right thing to do. The man suffers some mental trauma from the near death experience, but survives relatively intact. He goes to bed one night and wakes up in a room with two buttons and nothing else. He is then told by some nebulous voice that the left button will do nothing to harm him, but the firefighter's life will instantly be ruined. His wife will leave him, he'll lose his job, his parents will die, his kids will hate him forever, he will lose all his money, and he'll be miserable. Period. The other button does not harm the firefighter in anyway, but the man will receive a painful electric shock. Not lethal by any means and not permanently damaging. Just decently painful. Your theory postulates the the man is under no obligation to the firefighter in anyway and should press the button to destroy the man's life because he shouldn't be expected to hurt himself in any way to help someone else, even after someone went through something much worse for him.

5. Master of Squirrel-fu

You are the one who is mistaken. You are the one who is saying that a 10 year old should be able to resist painful interrogation after having been made more vulnerable to it. You are calling her a heartless bitch because she didn't have some paragon level will power. You are asking a child with questionable mental health to have perfect moral judgement and be selfless at the cost of herself. And agian, she just got off of a month of constantly being drugged out of her gills, that is not something that strengthens resolve that corrodes it.

Let me paint you a picture of a similar situation.
    The firefighter manages to save the man, no let's be serious, the child, but the child suffers burns over his entire body and until he heals he is in constant pain. He has some medication to ease it though. One day he wakes up and is taken to a room by someone who tells him to press a button that will ruin the fireman's life in a certain way and until he does he will not have any pain killers and will not be released. The boy is also told that even if he doesn't press the button they will go through with it any, likely in a way that he can't mitigate. While this is going on the person who has him captive is also jabbing him in his fresh wounds.

And if we're getting more literal here, said child also has good reason to believe that pressing the button will end up saving said fireman's life, and probably most of the things said fireman cares about, in the long run. Because remember the alternate is a very high chance of said fireman dying in the apocalypse if not before that.

6. kamenhero25

I never said she's a heartless bitch. I said she is morally responsible for her own actions. You're putting words in my mouth in an attempt to discredit me without actually arguing my point. And given the fact that we see her immediately afterward and she's perfectly fine and very firm in her decision, your argument doesn't hold water. We're not talking hypothetically, we know exactly what mental state she's in at this point in canon. She has already recovered enough to make sound moral judgments.

First, you're attempting to establish that children are less morally responsible than adults. So if a 12 year old steals his dad's gun and kills someone he doesn't like, is he not responsible for his decision to commit murder? Children may not have the same reasoning behind their morality, but they are still responsible for knowing right and wrong.

Second, your situation is not reflective of Dinah's situation. First, the pain is no constant in any way. Migraines go away in a few hours no matter what and she is not currently suffering one before the question is asked, so the pain is not clouding her judgment. And as she is not in pain, the 'jabbing the fresh wounds' part is completely irrelevant. You've created a scenario that does not represent the situation accurately at all and are trying to pass it off as one that does without actually answering my question. Again, you are not answering my question, you're attempting to discredit my argument with falsehoods.

And this is outright wrong. You forget, Dinah saw well before this that there is a 100% chance of Taylor fighting at the end of the world. Not a 99% chance. 100% chance. Dinah outright states that her powers told her that Taylor will always be there to fight at the end of the world. That means that no matter what Dinah does, Taylor will be fine (this is actually one of my issues with Worm as a whole, but that's irrelevant at this moment). So she's not saving Taylor's life because no matter what she does, Taylor will survive in good enough shape to fight at the end of the world. And Dinah can't see what happens after that so she's also not increasing Taylor's chances of surviving the apocalypse.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

You've been arguing that she is making morally wrong decisions knowingly and that she's not loyal enough to Taylor. Forgive me for thinking you're opinion of her is less than stellar.

And you are not understanding my argument about her being a child. It's not about excusing behavior it's that you are expecting someone who is not only less mentally developed but also placed in a situation where fully cognizant and upstanding adults would be expected to fail and demanding that she do better.

And how is that situation any more misrepresentation than your own. Thinker powers have no "Off switch" even when put up against the soft limit they still give information which only increases the pain. Jabbing at her is simply asking questions, which obviously causes the Thinker to try and generate the answer. You're situation was a black and white and entirely unequal "Utterly ruin your saviors life or we will do something mildly unpleasant to you!" which in no way showed the context the situation took place in.

And lastly no. No she did not. Worm is not set in some "Predestined" world, nothing is 100%, Taylor is constant dangerous situations and despite her skill shit happens. She is also involved with many things that are hard for Dina to predict, and the things that could ensure her survival are things Dinah is blind to. Her survival might be a common trend but it isn't a guarantee in universe. And Dinah's goal is to prevent the cataclysmic event which is very likely to cause the death of Taylor and far more likely to destroy everything and everybody she loved.

Prince Charon, vyor and daimahou like this.
  8. Nightgazer

Nightgazer Cute Lil' Pegasus Gone for Good

Here's an idea I got just now.

Taylor dies at cannon end.

She wakes up.

It gets weirder.

Here's a little bit I wrote on it now.

@@@

Taylor Hebert came to in a daze. She gasped, shook her head, and looked around. She was confused since the last she could remember was dying.

'Is this the Afterlife?' she thought.

She realized she couldn't sense her bugs anymore. In fact, her powers seemed to be gone. She was back to being an ordinary human again.

She whimpered in fear at the thought.

There was nothing around her but an empty, large, white plain of existence.

She stared around her and then noticed a... figure. The figure was dressed in robes, with a hood, and was glowing a very bright white. Taylor gulped and wondered if this was..... ummm.

The figure stretched it's arms out in welcome.

She walked toward it.

As she got nearer the figure held out it's hand to her.

She took it.

The figure revealed itself to be... huh,, John de Lancie?!

He looked at her and said "Welcome to the Afterlife Taylor Hebert. You're dead."

---

Taylor just stared. This was the Afterlife. She was dead. And she was talking to a... glowing John de Lancie.

'Seriously.' she thought to herself. 'What the heck is up with this? A glowing John de Lancie?!'

"You're John de Lancie!" she blurted out.

He smiled at her and said "I have many names. John de Lancie. Q. Discord. These are but a few amongst the many I have."

She just stared at him and thought 'Q?! Discord?! Why do I have the feeling I am in so much trouble now?'.

She opened her mouth and asked "Why am I here?"

John? No. Discord? No. Q? Yeah that was it. She'd settle on that. Q then said "Because you died."

"Yeah." said Taylor. "I kinda already figured that part out. I meant why am I here and not roasting in Hell where I really belong?"

Q looked a little shocked and said "Hell? Really now Taylor. You didn't do anything bad enough for that now."

Taylor blinked and asked "I didn't?"

Q shook his head and said "No. Only the worst of the worst go to Hell. Hell is a terrible place. I should know. I helped to create it."

Taylor stared at him and asked "You helped to create Hell?"

Q nodded and said "I helped the Creator to create many things. Me and some others. Until Lucifer went mad. And rebelled against the Creator. That caused our little group to be disbanded."

Taylor gawked and said "Oh."

"But enough about that." Q said. "We're talking about why you're here. And what you're going to do now."

Taylor said "I can't do much now. I'm dead. Kinda stops one from doing much eh?"

"Yes, you are dead." Q said. "And the dead usually don't do much. But there are ways around that."

"Oh?" asked Taylor becoming interested.

"How would you like to live again?" asked Q.

"WHAT?!" demanded Taylor.

"I asked how you would like to live again." said Q.

Taylor just gaped then said "YES!"

"Excellent." said Q. "Now first I must explain something. What is reality in one universe is fiction in another, and vice versa."

"Ummm..." said Taylor.

"There are many different universes in the multiverse." said Q. "And in one of those universes you, your universe, and all that you experienced... is a work of fiction. It's a web serial called Worm written by a man named John McCrae, who also goes by the internet identity of Wildblow, centered around you and your life."

Taylor blinked. Taylor stared. "SAY WHAT NOW?!"

"Oh yes." said Q. "Very much true. Fans of the series call your universe the Wormverse. It is very popular and has spawned lots of fanart, fangroups, fanfiction. Oh gods, the fanfiction. They have so many fics of you Triggering at a different time, or with a different Power, or lots of differences."

"Fanfiction?" asked Taylor. "What? Fanfiction about... me?"

"Oh don't even get me started on the shipping fics." said Q. "The ones matching you with Amy Dallon aren't so bad. The ones matching you with Lisa, aka miss Tattletale, aren't so bad either. The one I read matching you with Sophia made me go 'Whuh?' though. And there are so many others too."

Taylor just stared. "Shipping? Matchups? Amy? Tattletale? Sophia? Sophia! Seriously what the bloody 'ell?! You just gotta be kidding me there."

Q shook his head. "You'd be surprised what some of the fans can come up with. Believe me, the internet is a strange place. Ah. But let's get back to my point. You see, they also made CYOA's for this series. And it is by one of them that you may be restored to life."

"I can be restored to life... by a CYOA?" asked Taylor.

"Yes." said Q. "I cannot put you back on your Earth Bet. Your time is done there. But I can put you on another Earth Bet. You just have to fill out this CYOA and I can put you there using your choices you have made."

"Where is this CYOA at?" asked Taylor.

Q gestured and a floating screen suddenly appeared. "Take a look."

"Nightgazer's Worm: CYOA." read Taylor.

@@@

So what do you all think now? Does this have any potential? Taylor gets to CYOA herself.^_^

Please let me know your opinions now. I hope some of you like it.

doomlord9 likes this.
  9. kamenhero25

I barely have an opinion of Dinah. She's more plot device than character. I just find it aggravating that she's never assigned her share of blame for the Arcadia incident which is, in my opinion, one of the most egregious moments of total hypocrisy and unacceptable behavior that the Protectorate ever does.

Except your applying a double standard. If she's not responsible and mature enough to handle more stress and trauma than an average adult, she should not be allowed to make decisions that are more than an average adult is expected to make. Except she starts making decisions that effect the survival of the entire human race by using her predictions to try to alter the numbers surrounding the apocalypse. So if she is considered emotionally mature enough to make those calls, I feel that it's fair to expect her to have an equivalent tolerance for physical and mental stress and pain that an adult in her position would be expected to have. It's not fair to say that she's ready for the power of changing the world but saying that she shouldn't have to be able to deal with the stress and pain of someone with that power.

She doesn't experience pain and migraines unless she asks too many questions, therefore hitting her information limit. She is not in any pain until that point. Tagg asks one question from a state where she has not asked too many already, therefore moving her from a state of no pain to a state of migraine from Thinker powers not liking her keeping quiet. You are vastly overstating how painful a migraine is. Because that's just it. Behind all that technobabble you're hiding behind, it's a migraine. It's explicitly stated in canon to be a bad migraine. Bad migraines are bad, but not unbearable. Your situation was 'your in constant pain and we'll prevent you from getting pain relief and make the pain worse if you don't answer' which is completely wrong. You seem to not know how her powers actually work.

Yes it is. It hides it very well, but it is a world where predestination is very much in force.

Funny thing about Worm. It hides the more bullshit parts well. This is from right after they rescue Dinah. Taylor is asking her about the apocalypse and Dinah responds with the first line. 'I know you're there'. Not 'you're usually there' or 'you should be there'. I know you're there. No matter what, in every vision Dinah can see (and remember, she sees all of them at once), Taylor is there. And just like that, predestination is a thing and Taylor cannot die before the end of the world. Because literally every possibility leads to her being there. She can't not be there, because we've already established that every possible combination of events will still lead to Taylor being there. So sorry, you're wrong. Worm in a predestined universe and attempting to save Taylor is needless because no matter what she'll make it anyway.

Dr. Mercurious likes this.
  10. Angush

Angush I have no idea what I'm doing

You said his name waaaaaaay too much in this part. Once is enough.

I also have no idea who he is, but that's neither here nor there.

11. Muroshi9

Muroshi9 I'm so ronery So ronery So ronery and sadly arone

I have seen it done before but this looks like it would be a better quality version so I would definitely like to see more of this.

12. Master of Squirrel-fu

You're premise at the begining was basically manufacturing a new situation to make her look bad and wrong for the sake of chewing her out on how she is bad and wrong. Hell the situation you gave you are now arguing cannot exist.

She should not be considered mature enough to make those calls but the thing is she's still being put in a situation where making the calls are needed. Again as was pointed out Inaction here is just another form of action.

This is a morally grey area and you're saying she made the wrong decision and should be called out for it because you don't agree with the morality of it. You've been given reasonable and not selfish reasons why she could have made the decision (She could be in pain, it helps Skitter out, decreasing the chance nearly all of earth is annihilated) and saying that she is in the wrong for taking the choice you wouldn't in a moral grey area with a binary decision tree.Sell out Taylor and increase chance of the world ending or Sell out Taylor and increase chance of everyone ever not being killed in 2 years. I might not agree with her decision but I can at least admit it's an equally valid answer.

13. Metallix666

Metallix666 Versed in the lewd.

14. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

And kill billions, and have a very good chance wiping out life on earth.

And also kill a greater number of people across the world numbering in six digits and have a tiny chance to kill the entire world more than the first option.

Oh. Right. And said firefighter *voluntarily* chose to help with the first path. Or would do so in the future. Because masochism. And fuck causality.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Prince Charon and vyor like this.
  15. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Why am I so terrible with openings!? :( It's so short...

SCTaylor(Worm/SCP)

The schematics came to mind again, a mind bogglingly large and complex clockwork machine meant to improve everything. It shouldn't have worked, but it would... if only I had the materials to build it. Still, it wasn't all bad, I was a cape, a tinker, I was going to be a hero!

Those thoughts carried me through the day's minor torments, helped along by the trio not being as bad lately, wasn't sure how long it would last though. I will relish it for as long as it lasts.

The day passed quickly, but I got new ideas from looking at some cameras, the best part is that I can build them with what I have! I spent some money that dad gave me for some cheap webcams. I felt a little bad for it, but it was going to be worth it.

----------------

The small teardrop shaped robots ran, rolled, around like puppies introduced to a new home. Looking at everything and anything before staring at me intently.

The sentience I didn't expect, but I should be able to work with it. Kneeling down I pet one of them gently, the hard blue plastic cold to the touch. It(I should really name them something) leaned into my hand, so I pet the other.

These wouldn't be enough to do anything... maybe if I had a weapon of some kind.

My eyes glanced over an old chef's knife and information poured into my mind.

That... would work well. Just need a little... blood.

I grabbed the knife, looking it over once, twice before before plunging it into my leg.

-----------------

When I woke up the bots were in a panic, rolling around and bumping into me. The knife was almost completely inside me, burning and hurting, blood staining my pants.

Gingerly grasping the handle, I pulled. Stars danced in my vision as it came out inch after agonizing inch. My vision went black again as it left the wound.

-----------------

Again I woke up, pain diminished. Looking down all I could see of the wound was a 2 inch vertical scar.

Well, if nothing else my power let me heal. Oh well, I could feel the power in the knife, with this I wouldn't get hurt anyway, so all is well.

16. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

Well that's a horribly sounding title if you know what the acronym stands for, taking out the Protect portion of the goals and replacing it with Taylor? Sounds like a recipe for chaos.

I approve, premise seems like it could be interesting, although it really would need a bit more to actually judge.

Prince Charon and TanaNari like this.
  17. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

:D

Length is my weakness(along with combat scenes, talking to other people, people in general, and compliments), but I can try!

18. volantredx

volantredx Experienced.

So I do plan to get back to my actual stories at some point, but I just got back from a trip and I'm too tired to write anything long, so have a little idea I came up with.
    The Superman

The Entity's avatar stared off into the horizon. The planet's orbit had begun to rotate the local star out of sight. The night cycle had begun. It's avatar floated listlessly above the forest unconcerned with the passage of time.

“Hey, mister,” a voice called out from bellow. It had been so long since any of the creatures on the planet had tried to contact it that the Entity was momentarily stunned. Looking down it could see the creature that had spoken. An adolescent if it had understood these creatures growth cycle.

“Oh wow,” the adolescent continued. “I heard about you. The flying man right?”

The Entity simply stared at the creature. It was unsure why it needed to state self-evident facts. Perhaps it was the way these creatures were able to learn.

“Man you must be able to do all sort of cool things. You must be like Superman.”

The Entity stared at the creature in confusion.

“Hey you do know about Superman right?”

“No,” the Entity spoke. Logically it knew that it should ignore the creature and leave, but without a way to continue the cycle there were no other pressing matters.

“Well that stinks. Hey I know, why don't you come to my house and I can show you? Dad had a lot of old comics before,” the creature paused and lowered its voice, “before he died.”

The Entity had no reason to follow this creature, however it could see little reason not to either. With a gesture that it had observed other creatures use with each other to signal agreement it followed the adolescent creature back to its dwelling. There the creature instructed the entity to remain inside a building apparently used to store the creature's domesticated livestock as it went to retrieve this...Superman. Soon after the creature returned. Under it's arm it had a small container, as well as a length of fabric.

“So I brought one of dad's comic boxes. There are more if you get bored of Superman. Also here,” the creature held the length of fabric out. “I don't know if you get cold, but being naked all the time must be a bit embarrassing.”

The Entity didn't understand the concept, but knew many creature on this planet wore outerwear. It grabbed the fabric and wrapped it loosely around its avatar.

“Alright, so it might get dark, but the barn usually has some light to read by. I can grab a flash light if you want.”

Illumination, the Entity understood the creature's need. Holding its avatar's hand up it formed a small ball of light energy that illuminated the entire structure in a low glow.

“Oh, umm cool. That works,” the creature sat on the ground and opened the container. Pulling out a small collection of paper it handed it out to the entity's avatar. “Here, this is one of my favorites.”

Using its avatar's hand to grab the paper it stared at it uncomprehending what the creature wanted it to do. The creature looked up at it expectantly, after a moment the creature sighed.

“You got to read it. You know, like a book.” The Entity merely stared. The creature sighed again. “Like this,” it said before pulling out another collection of paper. It opened it up and pointed to the images inside. “See these balloon things? The ones with the straight edges are things the people are saying, the ones that look like clouds are what people are thinking. You read the words and the pictures and it tells a story.”

Story...the entity had understood the concept, hardly unique to this species, however the entity nor its partner created them themselves. Opening the pages it began to read. The symbols that made up the creature's languages was simple enough, and the corresponding images added more context. After a moment it became aware of the creature staring up at it. Looking back caused the creature to smile.

“Now you get it. Me and dad used to read these all the time. Though I was too little to really read them. I liked the pictures though and dad was really good with the voices, and now reading them it...I don't know makes me think about him, but in a good way, you know?”

The Entity didn't truly understand the creature, but it did know how thinking about loss could cause one distress, so it nodded again.

“Yeah, it seemed like you would. It seemed like you were really sad just floating up there. So if reading these comics makes me feel less sad, I don't know, maybe it will help you feel better.”

Looking back down at the paper the Entity once again opened the pages, taking time now to absorb the meaning of the symbols.

Time passed as the two read, and after a time the creature fell to sleep. Still the Entity continued to read. It wasn't until the final book had been finished that it began to think. This Superman creature caused a great deal of confusion for the Entity. Its supposed power meant that it was far above the creatures on this planet, yet it lived as one of them. Interacted with them and protected them. The Entity understood that the creature was fiction, invented by the...humans...of this planet, and yet that caused only greater confusion. It understood fiction and idols. Often for the cycle it and its partner used such concepts to gain the trust of the creatures on the planets chosen for the cycle, but this Superman wasn't meant to be an idol. It wasn't a religious figure. Merely an expression of a desire toward a greater state of being than the one the humans now existed as. Free of weakness, yet not free of the restraints of their created morality. This Superman was almost as above these humans as the Entity was yet protected them, saw them as equals, and held that their existence had value beyond helping its own existence. The Entity wondered what value these humans could have, and yet looking down at the book it felt it had an answer. These humans desired to be greater than they were. It was something the Entity understood, and yet...and yet they also held that desire to an ideal as well. The goal wasn't power unending, but power used to protect those who were below themselves. They created a creature that would exist far beyond them, but would still see them as meaningful. This Superman didn't aid them because it desired worship, but because helping was...was...the right thing to do.

The Entity paused its thoughts to examine the human child that laid next to it. The child's life was fleeting to the point of nearly non-existence. Its weakness was such that the entity would be able to destroy it without the barest effort. Yet this child reached out to it, because it wished to help. Help a creature so far beyond its understanding that it lacked the ability to comprehend the vast gulf. The Entity had never been subject to compassion before, had no understanding of the concept before this moment in time, and yet now that it had it found it liked the feeling. If one such as this human could offer it so freely to something so beyond itself than perhaps the Superman creature was right. Perhaps these beings did have a value in their existence despite their seeming powerlessness. Perhaps...

The Entity continued to think until the day cycle had begun again.

“Jordan,” a voice called out, as the Entity could sense a human approach. The child's mother it assumed. “Jordan, did you sleep in the barn again?”

“Mom?” The child asked as it awoke from its sleep.

“Jordan, for god's sake how many times do I have to tell you not to sleep in the-ah!” the mother let out a sound of surprise as it spotted the Entity for the first time.

“It is alright,” the Entity said as its avatar smiled. “I mean you no harm.

“What...who are you?”

“I am a friend, I am here to help.”

The mother's eyes slid off the Entity for a moment to look down to her child, who smiled and gave the Entity a thumbs up.

19. Nightgazer

Nightgazer Cute Lil' Pegasus Gone for Good

Cool!

I like this!

It looks like Scion might actually turn out to be a good guy because of Superman... now that's just awesome reading there now!^_^

Prince Charon and volantredx like this.
  20. Kolarthecool

Kolarthecool From dusk till dawn

Story idea: can be an SI, OC or AltPower but basically it's someone having a Master/Stranger power exactly like the parasites from the Rick and Morty episode Total Rickall. This would be a completely devestating power, especially if the user is some kind of hive mind that can control or become any one of the zany characters they forcibly create through flashbacks.

ParaDXThrowaway likes this.
  21. Angush

Angush I have no idea what I'm doing

Like a reverse Imp. Instead of erasing herself from people's memories, she adds herself in. Her weakness isn't cameras, but people she hasn't affected. Daddy's Girl is pretty similar to that, actually.

22. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Nice guy?

23. Kolarthecool

Kolarthecool From dusk till dawn

Not so limited though, the person would basically be able to do it more than once to each individual victim and each time they do, they create and control a new body/identity. So you could have like 50 people running around that only one person seems to remember fondly.

Edit: You could also impose restrictions on the power to make it more like the show version by making it so it only works off good memories, or the character have to be zany and inhuman, and even when human there has to be something off about them like a really weird accent, costume or behavior.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  24. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

A 'subtle' overpowered Taylor idea: The Administration of Thinkers.

Away from other Thinkers, she either has effectively no power, or a library of minor Thinker powers. Put her with any one Thinker, and she synergizes well with them, and knows exactly how best to use their power for a given task. Put her with two or more Thinkers, and she synergizes with both or all, and knows how to help them work together to a common goal. The more Thinkers in her range, the more effective she is.

Put her in a room with all the available Thinkers at an Endbrigher fight, and they'll not only perfectly coordinate the battle to have few or no casualties, but they'll figure out how to get the Endbringers in general to stop attacking, without incapacitating Eidolon.

Give her All The Thinkers, and they'll solve All The Things (including Scion).

Hey, I said she was overpowered.

25. Muroshi9

Muroshi9 I'm so ronery So ronery So ronery and sadly arone

I had a similar idea where she acted as a hivemind sharing the thinker aspects of parahumans with other parahumans. Add Grue and the team sees through his darkness, add Regent and they can sense nervous systems he has effected, add Rachel and they understand dogs, add Lisa and they all understand much and the power gives understanding to all of them not just based on their own observations but all of the group's observations past and present. They would instantly know that Coil is bad news and how to deal with him.

26. Rescind

Rescind Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Hello Questionable Questing!

I'm working on a number of Worm stories that I've posted to Space Battles, Sufficient Velocity and FanFiction.net. I've been vaguely aware of QQ for a bit now, and although none of my content is really risque at the moment, I decided to pop on and ask whether or not there was a significant portion of the community here that 1) doesn't follow the other forums and 2) would appreciate me adding this site to my cross posting of stories. Please let me know your thoughts, and have a great day!

Blargh likes this.
  27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I pulled a fair chunk of people with me when I moved Amelia over due to SB mod jackassery. Some, like myself, swore off SB during that move. How many are still here, how many went back, I couldn't begin to guess. But I'm still here and not there... so that's at least one?

Well, there's plenty of people posting here already, so... if you build it, they will come? I don't know your stories, so my opinion's flatly neutral, but there are definitely readers here.

28. Prince Charon

Do we know of any hard limits on what Bakuda's bombs can do? Not in terms of power level, but in terms of types of effect?

29. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Not really.

Girl's basically magic.

30. Prince Charon

I thought so. Works well for an idea I have, though I could replace her with an OC Tinker if necessary (as it requires her to be willing to help... well, you'll see). Will try to post in a day or two (or later today), once I've got something written up.