1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You are your Avatar

Discussion in 'General' started by Nekraa, May 21, 2014.

1. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

So I noticed that QQ didn't have any "You are your Avatar" threads. This thread is a measure against this oversight.

In other words: You are your Avatar. What will you do? How annoying is the change?

Scenario 1: It is IRL.

Scenario 2: You are your avatar in its setting.

If you don't have an avatar you are a Touhou fairy with random a element. If your avatar is too abstract, you are a Touhou youkai of your avatar.

Fairy elements 1d26:
    1. Sun
    2. Light
    3. Moon
    4. Stone
    5. Air
    6. Fire
    7. Earth
    8. Water
    9. Nature
    10. Death
    11. Life
    12. Ghost
    13. Dream
    14. Dark
    15. Shadow
    16. Electric
    17. Poison
    18. Metal
    19. Gem
    20. Ice
    21. Plant
    22. Weather
    23. Cloud
    24. Mist
    25. Sky
    26. Star

I am a "chibi" Yukari, youkai of Borders. In scenario 1 I will have some problems with proving that I am me. Especially as I am now nothing like before... And I will probably suffer from Yukari's sleepiness.

In scenario 2 it depends on if I'm inserted when Yukari was a child or if it is in "current" Gensoukyou. I might be able to fool people if it's as a child. But in current Gensoukyou it will be an incident. Oh dear.

But at least I will have power. Glorious Border manipulating power. Muahahahaha~

Mokou likes this.
  2. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Well. This is interesting. Unfortunately, I've yet to find out the context of the avatar, but I do managed to find the character is Shijou Takane, of the Idolmaster fame, which means...

1. ...I wonder how I can get new identity card. Hmm.

2. I am rich! HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh wait there's still arranged marriage and the whole idol business BUT I AM RICH

3. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Well Vandheer Lorde from armed with wings definately results in fun! times.

1. I've turned into someone who looks nothing like me and wears a mask all the time. That's going to be hard to explain. On the brightside, awesome powers and not dying of old age.
    2. I really shouldn't have picked the villain of the setting as my avatar shouldn't I? I'll just cheat by using my knowledge of the plot and characters to make sure someone dies permanently followed by working with the setting's evil god like being (who I'm pals with) to kill the god figure who seems to have decided I have to go.

4. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

1. Woof woof.
    2. Pant pant.

xO No but seriously, how ridiculously happy does that dog look? And so friendly! Would be an easy, joy filled and stress free life if shorter than anyone would like.

5. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

1. ... There isn't any Grief Seed in Real Life. I am going to die. OH GOD THE HORROR!

2. ... No seriously, why did I choose this avatar ? I am so going to die. *miserable ball of terror*

6. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

1. If Tarmogoyf isn't an intelligent being than, well, humanity is fucked. Even running by fluff, whenever it eats anything, be it plant, animal, machine, or scenery, it almost literally double in (physical) power and toughness.

Assuming that Tarmogoyf is, in fact, an intelligent being, my life plans have been changed drastically. Finding a way to converse isn't overly hard, but there's no way to obtain my old life back. Since, as far as I know, lhurgoyf do not die from age, I can pretty much expect to live forever, with a very promising "career" as the most efficient waste disposal unit ever to exist, eating pretty much all non reusable waste on the planet. I'm not sure how the social side of my existence would work, as I can no longer engage in most activities I used to partake in, and I can expect to outlast everyone I know. The sheer impossibility of my existence is going to attract many scientists and occultists alike, as well as (possibly) those of a religious bent. Governments will most likely attempt to find a way to at least pacify me if I go on a rampage or something similar.

2. Tarmogoyf spends most of it's time eating things. Tarmogoyf spends the rest of it's time sleeping. Tarmogoyf is often stalked by strange looking humanoids. Tarmogoyf is somewhat creeped out by the stalkers, but Tarmogoyf is fine as long as Tarmogoyf can keep eating things.

If Tarmogoyf is intelligent, than most of my points in scenario 1 still apply, although I'm now in crazy dangerous awesomeland, more commonly known as Dominaria. I'd probably just wander around looking for adventure, because why not?

7. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

welp instant sadist...

8. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

What's your avatar? It reminds me a bit of Sakura from F/SN.

9. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

I wash away all before me.

10. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

iris heart from hyperdimension neptunia good anime and hilarious game XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. Nyrath

Nyrath I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, I am suddenly something akin to an unaging force of nature. Strong and tough as fuck, can fly, project magical energy, control flowering plants, create at least one temporary clone of myself and am suddenly pretty hot. On the downside I've switched genders (well, may or may not be a downside), have suddenly no documentation and may or may not speak the same languages anymore.

In the second I have either taken the place of one of the most feared youkai around, or am a copy of her which would likely trigger an incident as she decides that I should make for a good fight.

In either case, life shouldn't be too bad. A bit painful initially in the second version probably, but nothing permanent given the spellcard system.

12. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

...'tis quite unfortunate.

Mokou likes this.
  13. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Tell me about it. I'm a badass robot, but often relegated to do domestic work on a house filled with crazy people... why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, reality, 'xcept for the badass robot part.

14. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

So I'm a cute little bird who's plagued by misfortune?

1: I suddenly gain super voice powers. Use them for absolutely nothing interesting

2: Somehow in Sekirei: Panic, do my very best to avoid human contact. I might see about partnering up with Akitsu for protection without the threat of winging or reacting.

15. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

1. Nya. Gib monies, plox.
    2. See #1.

Mokou, MHLord and ultima333 like this.
  16. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

1. I am going to be a monster and will be put down like one. It will be the right thing to do.

I'll also be fat, because my primary hideouts and meals will be McDonalds. If I'm lucky I'll be too obese to do anyone any harm or will die of heart failure before I do anyone else harm.

2. Same as before, except Batman isn't going to kill me.

A shame I don't use my Coyote avatar here, then I'd be a nigh omnipotent reality warper.

Least Devotee likes this.
  17. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Speaking of.

I am Shiva, the Destroyer, the Transformer, the Auspicious one.

I am the lord of the dance. [Yes that is an actual title of his]

Fear me, and despair.

18. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I'm a goanna that wanders around, occasionally investigating garbage bins and gardens for anything that might be edible. I measure about 30 inches from head to tip of tail. Hear me roar.

EDIT: Nope, now I'm upgraded to space marine. Because space marines.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  19. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Get bored and occasionally wreck Canada, as usual.

Gamewiz2x3 likes this.
  20. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Eat delicious food, claim ridiculous magic-like abilities are because I am a clown.

Secretly, prince of Monaco. Nice.

21. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Bii is a tanuki?

22. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Yes, Bii is a tanuki.

23. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

. . .

I do not think I shall take part in this event.

24. Trilonias

Trilonias I trust you know where the happy button is?

Scenario 1: I'm a bard. With powers! And in this world... Welp, I think I'm set for life. I probably wouldn't change much of my life... but I think it'd be easier to find a gf whom I'd eventually marry.

Scenario 2: Well, shit. At least I'm not totally screwed, as I have enough knowledge for people to hunt me down and still be a survivor from the coming of Ragnarok (Online).

25. helnae

helnae How delicious~

Um.

I suppose I'd seek immediate medical attention.

26. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

#1 Well suddenly I'm in desperate need of a visit to a STD clinic. God do I make black turtlenecks tactical awesome

#2 Use funds stolen from ISIS to retire to touristy islands in Asia and live life of debauchery. Completely in character

Mad Oracle and Least Devotee like this.
  27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

1.I am a thousand years Angelic High end JRPG character with a sexy baritone, the ability to fly, super sense and magic assuming I keep skills.

Little chance of reclaiming my identity. But I'm tough enough survive damn near everything short of a nuke, and immortal unaging and eternally ripped with no need of sustenance.

Family issues aside. I guess I'm pretty good. Also I can sue namco bandai for royalties on my and my son's identity.
    And just cash in on hopefully nerd gal cred.

My end some wars if I scale up really really good nad physics scaling is in full effect seeing as you tank lava eruptions really damn early on the power scale.

2.... This is bad. My boss is a psychotic manchild obsessed with his dead sister who can't even run and effective anti descrimination campaign despite having 4000 years and complete control of the dominant religion and is also way too quick to burn bridges with the super powered being whom by all right should be able to revive his sister by simply being able to whip up a cloned body and adjust the mana signature personally. I don't know nearly enough about what Kratos was doing offscreen I may not have his skills and building my son up into the god killer he can be will be hard without those skills. And serious politics.

But goddamnit i'll try. Try and fix that mess. And try to bed Raine Sage and set my son up with Sheena Fujibayashi becuase Goddamnit they're tens and Collete's a six plus 2 for saintliness.

28. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

1) So, I'm an immortal psychic cat with the ability to manipulate time. Huh. I suppose I set about convincing my loved ones that I'm alive, but stuck inside a cat. Because reasons. Convincing my boss would be slightly more problematic.

2) I'm an immortal psychic cat with the ability to manipulate time. She's a red-head police officer filled with optimism and a passion for justice who's died several times. Together, we fight crime.

29. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

1. I am the symbol of limitless, the epitome of humanity, nothing can stop me nor amuse me, what I do best is to represent more and more human.

2. I wander in the abyss of internet, searching knowledge, entertain myself with games, videos, music, quests, stories and the like. I'm invincible because I am the symbol of humanity.

30. Focus13

Focus13 Getting sticky.

1. I am Magic. I am Change. Reality has no choice but to bend and twist to my every whim. I manifest my will upon the Tapestry of Creation and end it, viciously snuffing out all existence like a enfeebled candle light in an immeasurable arctic storm. Except the local pancake house.
    2.Shoot and Loot and Loot and Shoot. Find meat shields travelling companions and get to shooting(Fireball). And then Loot. Rinse and repeat until the world is empty, or Rat's Tail is found.