1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zerg Evolution (StarCraft/???/???)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ChathSuaco, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Threadmarks: A beginning
    ChathSuaco

ChathSuaco Getting some practice in, huh?

Hello questers of the questionable variety,
    I am a relatively new QM trying to just get experience doing what I hope will be an easy-ish quest. On advice from a much more experienced QM friend of mine, I will be doing a hyper lethal Larva Quest. Hyper lethal means that if the larva dies, the larva is dead, and we start over. Simple as that. Otherwise, it's what you'd expect. Run around, gain biomass, evolve, dominate. The one restriction is that I don't want to do empire building, we are a singular being, not a swarm.

Now, with all that out of the way, we begin

We are a larva. specifically, a larva careening through the void of space on its way towards a planet. We were directed to this planet, told to go here, but in our travels we have lost our strength, our intelligence, our memories, and even our link to the swarm. As the planet comes into view, we see a...

[]A little blue orb off in the distance, covered in patches of they clouds. Notably, there are two large land masses, and several smaller dotting the planet.
    []A little blue orb covered in dark clouds. Through the thick grey clouds, you can see one large continent.
    []A large tan orb with few, if any, clouds, and no oceans. Even from here, the orb seems desolate and bone dry.
    []A Light blue orb, frozen orb that swirls with storms. In the distance, ships can be seen flying to and from it.
    []A desolate world that swirls with black storms, and an energy that seems to split it in two.

adaw, Qeqre, swarm and 6 others like this.
  2. Threadmarks: Character Sheet
    ChathSuaco

Creature: Zerg Larva
    Stats: ???

swarm likes this.
  3. ChathSuaco

Reserved

swarm likes this.
  4. ChathSuaco

Reserved

swarm likes this.
  5. lordhighalnder

lordhighalnder Getting sticky.

We open for voting? I'm going to guess yes.

[X]A little blue orb covered in dark clouds. Through the thick grey clouds, you can see one large continent.

Sounds good for evolution and zero. Big oceans, big landmass....

swarm likes this.
  6. ChathSuaco

Yes! Very sorry, voting is open.

swarm likes this.
  7. Travisplo

Travisplo Dapper Necromonsieur, a fine undead gentleman

[X]A little blue orb covered in dark clouds. Through the thick grey clouds, you can see one large continent.

Seems interesting.

swarm likes this.
  8. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

... Then might I suggest something other than the fucking Zerg?

Sovereign Of All and swarm like this.
  9. ChathSuaco

What do you suggest?

swarm likes this.
  10. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

I don't know, a type of life form that isn't most noted for basically coming in massive swarms?

Sovereign Of All, swarm and Twei like this.
  11. Twei

Twei not trap but still adventurous and genderqueer

[X]A desolate world that swirls with black storms, and an energy that seems to split it in two.

swarm likes this.
  12. swarm

swarm Versed in the lewd.

[X]A desolate world that swirls with black storms, and an energy that seems to split it in two.

13. Bloodyreaper300

Bloodyreaper300 Know what you're doing yet?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    swarm likes this.
  14. GeneralXanatos

GeneralXanatos Versed in the lewd.

swarm likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

swarm likes this.
  16. SonOfNenji

SonOfNenji Bemused Monkey

If you're going to stick to a single Zerg, might I suggest using the originals rather than the swarm?

Qeqre, swarm, Catacus and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tanor

Tanor Versed in the lewd.

swarm likes this.
  18. Kaldi97

Kaldi97 Not too sore, are you?

swarm likes this.
  19. Malcanthet

Malcanthet Shy Adorable Arachne

Because this seems to be the 'fun' choice.

swarm likes this.
  20. Vladicus

Vladicus Sage of reason and incomplete information

swarm likes this.
  21. BangBangPewPew

BangBangPewPew Not too sore, are you?

An extremely antisocial Primal Zerg could actually make sense

swarm likes this.
  22. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

[x]A large tan orb with few, if any, clouds, and no oceans. Even from here, the orb seems desolate and bone dry.

swarm likes this.
  23. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

What little I know about the Zerg tells me that a Primal Zerg would fit pretty well actually. They don't have a hivemind as far as I know and they all have that hunt or be hunted mentality because they want to consume as much essence as they can.

[X]A little blue orb off in the distance, covered in patches of they clouds. Notably, there are two large land masses, and several smaller dotting the planet.

swarm likes this.
  24. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

What might go very well with the permadeath is if we had a victory condition of becoming a queen. That eliminates the empire stuff as "what happens after the game ends".

I'd go with island archipelago if there was one, because a primal zerg in something like One Piece would be amazing, but this one with the clouds seems like it might be interestingly gothic (in either sense of the word, actually.) Forests or mountains might give us motivation and source genes to learn to fly or burrow, or we might end up encountering humanoids in a setting like btvs or elder scrolls, who knows? :)

swarm likes this.
  25. WCR I

WCR I Know what you're doing yet?

The thing I find funny is how active this thread has become since Bloodyreaper300 necro'd this thread 2017 May 18th, while the OP ChathSuaco apparently hasn't logged back onto Questionable Questing since 2017 February 3rd. I think it's safe to say that this thread is unlikely to continue from it's current state.

swarm likes this.
  26. Malcanthet

Malcanthet Shy Adorable Arachne

::::c But I liked the idea in this Thread too.

swarm likes this.
  27. sunandshadow

sunandshadow Impractical Fantasy Animal

Oh, oops. :oops:

swarm likes this.
  28. WCR I

WCR I Know what you're doing yet?

No need to be embarrassed, you saw what you assumed was an active thread, one that you felt had an interesting premise; so you attempted to participate. The reason I found it funny, is that no one noticed that Bloodyreaper300 necro'd it after two months of inactivity, and after a full month of new activity, no one noticed that the OP still hadn't responded to it either. A few clicks and comparisons showed why, and that just made it funnier that no one checked to see how come it hadn't updated yet, or tell others about it.

So, yes, while I was laughing at the new posters, my intent was to let you all in on the joke. Not to laugh in your faces over it.

Sovereign Of All and swarm like this.