1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

There's probably something like a red-mage and a blue-mage job inbetween there.

Im very interested to learn them.

2. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Red mage is an all rounder (melee, white, black, with dual cast feature) with no good mastery, so I think that is an uncommon job, instead of a result from Fusion.

Blue mage... A rare one. Also less likely from Fusion.

EDIT: Mostly assumptions.

EDITEDIT: Alice can't wear Cleric body gear, I think.

3. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Actually in most games with the red mage... he starts as an alrounder without any capability to do high end spells... but when he completes his job he has access to ALL spells.

4. Grosstoad

That doesn't sound right. I thought Red Mages can cast most spells, but lose access to end level spells?
    Maybe... Low Mana capacity or something?

5. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Depends how Red Mage and the Job Crystal system stacks.

6. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

“Alright, yeah, I’ll take the race mod and the job crystal. I figure we’ll split up the consumables like we usually do?” you decide.

“That sounds about right,” Maya responds cheerfully.

“Hmm, Sera, I think we should probably keep the bat cloak as a party item, kinda generally useful. I’ll buy you an Ether or some Amrita’s to make up for it, if you like?” you add after a moment, you feel a little bad, cutting Sera out of the loot, but it really is better as a swap item, “Oh, what happened to those boots anyway, the ones that block floor damage?”

“I sold those awhile ago,” Maya admits, “I wasn’t sure if we would be sticking together then.”

“I…um, don’t really mind, I was probably not going to use it anyway.” Sera responds as well, “A few items would be all I got out of it anyway.”

“Cool, so what do you guys wanna do now? I was thinking we could stop back in town so I could do some equipping, and then we hit up Goblin Glade, do it as two parties. Maya can go with a three to the D version, and two us can hit the E while we still can.”

“That would allow us to gain greater experience more quickly,” Shimah speaks up, “I believe our gear is fine, our problem lies in a lack of health and SP as well as gear and skill slots.”

“Mm… that is probably true, I suppose Goblin Glade, even on D rank shouldn’t be too hard with three of us,” Maya muses.

“E should be easy as hell for whoever does it,” Anshelm points out. “I should probably go to the D just in case, so who’re we going send on the two mission.”

“I believe Al and myself would do fine in this role. Al often draws much threat regardless and can keep the enemies slowed, and I can keep her healed easily enough.” Shimah speaks up, Sera looks kind of put out.

“I… suppose that’s true,” Sera reluctantly admits.

“Huh, suppose so. Guess I’m the secondary meatshield, huh Anshelm,” you say, with amusement.

“Don’t quit your day job, you’re a little twiggy for it, especially after you equip that mod,” He shoots back good naturedly.

You all begin to move off toward the city, not wanting to burn day light. Goblin Glade is the absolute closest dungeon, and Wailing Cavern isn’t very far out either, so you should make it in good time. Everyone who can equips their new gear. Anshelm’s new spear is bone white, and topped with a curved tooth the size of a short sword, nasty looking thing. Shimah’s new vestment… well at least she isn’t making gravity cry anymore, the material is sparkly, black and super clingy though so… distracting. It also has a ridiculous cleavage window that leaves her almost entirely exposed. Your eyebrow might have twitched a little at that one.

You go just far enough into the city to equip your new things. First the Job crystal. Not because you're like… nervous or anything, you just want to see the water magic first! You equip the crystal and are overcome with a feeling of warmth, and then a feeling of being too dry. Weird, the tips of your hair shifted to more of a sea green too.

You take a moment to look at your new skill.

Water Magic: E (0/40)
    -Wave weaver: You are unhindered when moving in the water, and may breath normally underwater.
    -Acid dart: Medium damage to up to three targets. 3SP 8 damage
    -Aqua prison: Traps a single target in a sphere of water. Target may only escape the sphere if Strength is higher than casters Power. Lasts four ticks. 5SP

The hell is a tick? Besides a nasty bug, you guess it must be some measurement of time, going by the context. Seems to be the spell the kraken used on you, pretty useful, especially for, well, exactly what it did, disabling casters.

You look up from your menu pane, to find Maya and Sera staring at you. “What?”

“We want to see the new mod of course, what changes will the new Al undergo, Sera is curious!” Maya says, with far too much cheer.

Sera doesn’t deny it, just shifting uncomfortably, “It’s… um, we should be hurrying a little after all,” she hedges.

Ugh… she’s not wrong, here goes nothing. “Fine, here we go,”you mumble as you reach into your inventory and activate the race mod. Vertigo overcomes you for a second, and for the briefest instant you can see an infinite expanse of blinding white lines of… numbers? What? It’s gone so fast, you feel like you imagined it. You feel…. Really dried out, like you could really go for a swim right, now. You glance down at your hands to see that they’ve gained a blue-green tint… is that a little bit of webbing between your fingers? That feels so weird.

You look up, Sera is staring at you curiously, you glance over into the window pane of a shop, your face hasn’t changed much, but… there are these weird, super thin slits on your neck, you can barely see them, but they’re definitely there. Also your ears are pointed and poke out of your hair, so that’s a thing. Also… scales? Really fine patches of scales on your cheeks, really? “Freaky,” you mutter.

“U-um, you look fine,” Sera hastily assures you, which only brings a chuckle from Maya and an exasperated sigh from you.

“I’m not worried about that,” you grumble, “Let’s get going.”

“Yeah, we do need to get moving, though yeah, the fish girl thing is kinda weird,” Anshelm admits. Your eyebrow twitches, some tact would be nice Anshelm.

You re-equip your Ice elementalist crystal and store the Water one for now, the familiar mantle of cold settling around you… well you trail little clouds of condensation now… so that’s a thing. Also you can’t help but notice that your health dropped ten points, ouch.

Getting to Goblin Glade doesn’t take long, and soon enough you split the party. After the split, Anshelm, Maya, and Sera activate D, while you and Shimah do E.

As you and Shimah fade into the empty entrance of the glade you nod to the tall Cleric, pointedly not staring at her new boob window. “Well, I’ll be counting on you to keep me healthy,”you say, with only a bit of forced cheer.

“I will not fail, I will be counting on you to slay our enemies. I do not forsee this being a problem,” she says in response. Man Shimah is so stiff.

You move to the first room,and its much as you remember, four goblin’s, labelled ‘grunts’ to your eye. And two wargs, which are… only level two. Wow, this is kinda pathetic, the goblins have less health than the spiders in the E rank Lake did. Even as they charge forward wooping and grunting in goblin, you hold out your staff and unleash a frost spray… All four instantly drop to zero and die. Huh. Then there are Wargs snapping and biting at you.

They hit, but they only do a few damage each. A couple uses of your new acid darts, glimmering green projectiles that hiss and burn on impact, and the wargs go down too. Shimah drops a single heal on you and you're good as new. You blink, “That was… pathetic,” you say after a moment.

“As I said, I did not foresee this being a problem,” Shimah states blandly.

“Right,” you shake your head, “Off we go then.”

The next room is much the same, save for the addition of a goblin warrior. The grunts drop in a single frost spray and darts and ice kill the rest in short order, before you can be hit more than a few times, for pitiable damage. After that comes the third room, which is interesting only in that you get to test your new Aqua Prison on the Goblin Shaman. It works like a charm, leaving the thing burbling and drowning in the sphere until well after you’ve killed the grunts and guards. You actually finish it off by clubbing it with the Bawws stick when it comes tumbling out.

Fourth room is wargs, which to be fair is harder, there’s a couple of level three wargs that buff the other ones, but Shimah break out a couple of attack debuffs and everything else goes smoothly. No bonus boss this time. That’s… good?

The Boss is a pain in the ass though. His minions die real quick, and you imprison his shaman right away, but his cleaver blows actually hurt, and the stunning… farts from ‘Mogo the Goblin Chef’ are disgusting. With Shimah healing and debuffing there’s never really any serious danger though, even the one warrior who does get by to poke at Shimah only hurts her a little before you put it down.

Then comes victory.

Congratulations
    80 XP
    10 Job Points
    85 Gilder

The Party has looted!
    2 Potions
    1 Amrita
    [Goblin Sword] Rusty lump of metal on a stick. Value 60 Cannot equip
    [Goblin Chainmail] Patchwork Chainmail scavenged from Savages, Provides a small Health Bonus when Equipped. Value 70 Cannot Equip
    [Warg Cloak] Fluffy and warm, stylish too. Adds to Defense
    [Merchant’s Bag] Three extra slots. A merchants rucksack, always seems to have Gilder in it.
    [Mogo’s Boots] Stolen from a dead merchant. Increases Gilder Dropped for the wearer

Well then, you both leveled up, nice. Only interesting stuff in loot is the two greens…

“I would like the boots, increased Gilder would be useful, I would also prefer at least one of the white items for sale. Your opinion?” Shimah asks.

Well what do you want to do?

[]Loot split

Evening activities.

[]Study time!
    []Hang out with buddies
    []visit home
    []something else?

Al Lv4
    Ice Elementalist D
    Health 57/57
    SP 25/67

Shimah Lv4
    Hexer Cleric D
    Health 72/79
    SP 18/86

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 9 others like this.
  7. redaeth

[X] Al:
    -[X] [Merchant’s Bag] Three extra slots. A merchants rucksack, always seems to have Gilder in it.
    --[X] Equip it
    -[X] 1 Amrita
    -[X] 1 Potions
    [X] Shimah
    -[X] [Mogo’s Boots] Stolen from a dead merchant. Increases Gilder Dropped for the wearer
    -[X] 1 Potions
    [X] Wait for the rest to pop out of the dungeon. No need to split up before you reach the city.
    [X] Sell the rest, and split the gold evenly.

[X]something else?
    -[X] Ask around about other nearby dungeons. Something more suitable to your larger party would be nice.
    -[X] Ask around about Job Class Drops like Archery and Lightning
    -[X] Ask around about good places to get equipment for your various classes.
    -[X] Sell your Warg Spine to someone who could use it.

8. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Sera's reaction was as adorable as ever.
    [X] Al: 1 potion, Merchant's Bag
    [X] Shimah: 1 potion, 1 Amrita, Mogo's Boots
    [X] Sell the rest and split the gold evenly.
    [X] Equip Merchant's Bag

[X] Action: Go around the inn, or any other E-D ranked inns, asking for more info on local dungeons, difficulty, challenges, tricks, drops, etc adventurers have found in the low level dungeons. Update your guide.

The goblin's chainmail is equippable. It might be a level thing or a typo or a unique feature of the drop. I doubt the defence, or lost SP is worth it though.

Also wow that risk. That danger, How could we possibly try that? What were we thinking to consider such a seriously risky dungeon? We didn't even use a potion, did we? Glad we equipped water elementalist though. It probably made an easy dungeon even easier. Shame no bonus, I'd have liked to hit 15-20JP.

Wave Weaver might be worth a skill slot on its own for some dungeons. It's the kind of thing that I imagine would have high ranked adventurers all grabbing some bit of water magic. On the other hand, when it's not god-tier (for an E ranked job skill) it's next to useless.

Seriously <3 Aqua Prison.

Not sure on evening actions.

Kinda tempted to get up early tomorrow and solo E rank for that nifty 20 JP. We'd probably need to pot a few times, but that's 2-4 (depending on bonus boss) dungeons with a full team. De-equipping Cat's Curiosity would be a must of course.

I bet acid darts become DoT at higher levels, suggesting that our basic elements are (with each having a few exceptions):

Fire: Multi Targeted DPS
    Ice: AoE Debuff/roots
    Water: Single target debuff/roots
    Lightning: (Single target DPS?)
    Wind: ???

Arkeus likes this.
  9. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Ah crap. you can't equip the sword or chainmail. I just forgot to add the 'cannot equip when I copy pasted out of my item document. My bad

Darkened likes this.
  10. redaeth

Yeah, Water is a nice addition to Ice. I can see us getting a lot of use outta it.

@yrsillar can we equip two bags? Or do we need to unequip the one we have? I noticed the equipment tutorial has two bag slots so we might be able to keep both.

11. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah, you have two bag slots.

12. redaeth

Thanks, modified my vote.

13. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

Uuuu...~? There was no difference in the Displacer’s Hide that we got and the one Maya's wearing?

14. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Nah, you rolled the exact same drop on the boss. Bad luck. Maya was sad.

15. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Yay, nifty.

Also drat, level 4, so we can't solo a bunch of goblins and we're locked out of ogre's D rank.

Once we hit 5-6, we should do the same with the D rank version, depending on how our 3 person party did. Evening actions should probably include waiting around till they finish D rank and making sure they're okay....

If we're going info gathering, we should probably ask more than just dungeons (What gear's good for the classes in our party, where to get lightning mage, etc, etc)

Hmm, Yrs, if a group thought they'd end up stuck overnight or finishing a dungeon too late, could they safely sleep in a cleared room, finish the dungeon in the morning and head back to town when it was light?

16. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Nah, if you dither around for more than ~20 minutes after the last enemy dies the dungeon boots you to the next room/out. In the case of the last room, it'll just dump all of your loot in a big pile where you land.

17. Grosstoad

Phew. Was holding my breath.
    Looks like the buffs from the various items and mods really helped the damages.

Okay, how about splitting actions for each Dungeon-delving days?
    Morning action to attack a harder Dungeon, evening action to tackle easier Dungeons as separate teams?

Loot:
    -[X] Equip Merchant's Bag
    [X] Shimah: 1 potion, 1 Amrita, Mogo's Boots, Warg Cloak
    -[X] Suggest she keep the Cloak for fifth level, if nothing better comes around
    [X] Sell the Sword and Chainmail

Actions:
    [X] Check Mission Board

18. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

I'd suggest morning>Easier

Evening>Harder.

Given that we won't want to reequip, sell stuff or buy pots between trips, and that more XP makes the harder part easier (and leveling too much locks out the easy ones) it makes sense to try the easier ones first as a warm-up. Likewise, if someone gets hurt on a harder dungeon we'll only lose an evening then.

Besides, it's nicer to end the day with everyone rather than see people only in the morning.

Regarding job fusion, since it might not actually be that far away, taking two B ranked jobs and fusing them to get one D ranked job vs taking two C ranked jobs to get an E, assuming we don't bother with the original jobs again, it's easier to go from E>D than it is to go from C>B, so it makes sense to fuse as early as possible, particularly when we're fusing from low ranking job crystals that we may/may not use again and are easily replaced. (On the other hand, in the long run, leveling a 'core' E ranked job that fuses a lot of ways to an A would let us skip E and D rank on every fusion, unless it just keys off the lowest, in which case there's little point.)

If we're asking about things, the easiest fire themed dungeons might be a good topic. Sera probably can't use lunar rabbit, since it would take her to 0 strength, and something like lesser salamander would be nifty there.

19. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] redaeth.

20. Goldenlima

Goldenlima Not too sore, are you?

Is water magic slotted? It isn't on the character sheet.

21. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out

22. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

So, I got bored, so I did a thing:

• [Potion] Heals twenty five Health on consumption. Value 10
      [Amrita] Restores Fifteen SP on Consumption. Value 15
      [Elemental Vial] Deals a small amount of Elemental Damage when thrown. Comes in Fire Lightning and Ice. Value 20(15)
      [Antidote] Cures the target of poison or toxic. Value 10
      [Burn Salve] Cures the target of Burn. value 15
      [Paralysis Salve] Cures the target of paralysis. Value 20(15)
      [Hi-Potion] Heals for sixty health on consumption. Value 50
      [Ether] Restores forty SP on consumption. Value 55
      [Panacea] Cures the target of all status effects. Value 100(90)
      [Escape Orb] Allows a party to leave a dungeon automatically on consumption. 200(??)

• Strength: A characters raw physical might, makes you hit harder and more accurately melee weapons. Controls most physical actions that require short bursts of force. I.e Lifting heavy weights, breaking objects, etc.

Agility: A characters dexterity and finesse as well as general reaction speed. Controls accuracy and damage with ranged weapons. Controls actions requiring control and finesse, such as balancing, acrobatics etc.

Constitution: A characters health and hardiness. Controls total health, resistance to physical ailments and damage and actions requiring sustained exertion.

Power: Your level of magical might. Controls all actions related to damage and effects of spellcasting. Controls all actions relating to magical brute force and finesse.

Will: Your spiritual resilience and toughness of mind, controls defense against non damaging magic as well as total SP. Controls actions requiring mental perseverance.

Perception: The acuity of your senses and your overall level of awareness. Controls all actions for searching, spotting, or otherwise finding things, as well as noticing when you are being lied to or deceived.

Charisma: Your ability to convince others of your opinion and draw people to you, as well as your ability to deceive others.

The point at which a stat offers no bonuses or Penalties is four. The Cap for the race [Human] is ten. Raising a Stat above seven costs two stat points
      • All skills and Jobs are rated on the following scale

E: Barely competent

D: Passable

C: Skilled

B: Expert

A: Master

S: Legendary

EX: Bullshit

Skills can be raised only by using them. New skills can be gained only by finding or buying skill orbs, leveling up jobs, and sometimes as quest or dungeon rewards. The experience needed to raise a skill rises exponentially with each rank. The road from E to D is fairly short if fraught with peril. The road from A to S is much, much longer. Ability at each rank is similarly exponential. Skills cannot go above your highest ranked related job in rank. Job Rank is raised by adventuring with a job equipped

Example: Skill: Swords is rank C. It cannot rise further unless you have a job with ‘Swords’ as a skill above rank C.
      • Loot and You

As a starting adventurer you lack many of the accumulated niceties that allow your more experienced kin to lug a dragons entire hoard in one go. Unenhanced your inventory can contain items equal to three times your strength. In your case this number is nine. This does not include equipped items though. You may carry up to twice your inventory in times of need, but this causes the [slowed] status which cannot be cured until the burden is reduced. Multiples of the same item take up multiple slots, so two potions take two of your current nine slots.

You cannot carry more than nine of the same consumable no matter how large your inventory is.
      • As an Ice mage Status effects become relevant to you sooner than most, below is a list of the most common status and a summary of their effects.

Poison: Slowly damages the victim over time. Pretty obvious, potency varies with the poisons originator.

Toxic: Quickly damages the victim over time. Overwrites poison, very bad, cure immediately if possible.

Slow: Slows attack and movement speed, severity depends on the originator of the effect.

Freeze: Completely stops all movement and attack, only purely magical abilities can be used by the victim. Cancels Burn.

Burn: Standard effect of fire spells slow damage over time, accuracy debuff do to the distraction. Cancels out freeze, but not slow.

Confusion: Victim will act and target randomly until cured.

Charm: Victim obeys the caster of the charm effect to the best of their abilities, very nasty avoid if possible.

Skill Bind: Removes the targets ability to use any skill or ability requiring the use of SP.
      • Dungeons are essentially enclosed combat encounters consisting of a varying number of distinct [rooms] containing enemies.

Some dungeons will have rooms in the single digits, others could have dozens! Some dungeons require all rooms to be cleared, others simply require that you defeat the [boss] there may even be dungeons with more esoteric conditions for completion. It is impossible to leave a dungeon, without special items allowing for it, without completing its victory condition.

The two main points of commonality in dungeons are the [Level Cap] and the Rank. Level Cap is the maximum level a character is allowed to enter the dungeon at, attempts to enter a dungeon too low for you will simply fail. There is no minimum level for dungeons though, but be careful! Higher caps mean much more difficult foes.

Ranks follow the same scheme as skill and Job ranks, with the exception of EX rank dungeons being both exceedingly rare and often entirely distinct from their lesser bretheren. You won’t have to deal with those for a long time, so we can come back to those later.

When you clear a dungeon in its initial E Rank form, it unlocks the D rank version. Clearing the D unlocks the C and so forth. Each iteration is significantly harder than the last, and comes with a higher level cap. You may only enter each dungeon once every twenty four hours though, no matter which rank you choose to do, so pick carefully!

Loot and Experience

Gilder dropped by enemies will automatically be divided evenly among party members. Any other drops, be they equipment or items will have to divided manually.

Experience and Job points are rewarded at the end of the dungeon and are based on rooms cleared [bosses] and [sub bosses] defeated, as well as extra encounters and other factors. Have fun discovering the secrets of the dungeons!
      • There are many many types of equipment to be found in dungeons, shops, and other places, however you can only wear so many at once. The following is a listing of the equipment Slots available.

Hand1(weapon/shield)
        Hand2(weapon/Shield)
        Body(Armor)
        Acessory1
        Acessory2(locked until level 5)
        Acessory3(locked until level 10)
        Jewelry1(locked until level 15)
        Jewelry2(locked until Level 20)
        Bag1
        Bag2

Now you may be wondering, what is the difference between Acessories and Jewelry? In this system Acessories are any piece of equipment that is worn over some part of the body, but is not the primary armor piece. Examples include Cloaks, Boots, Helmets, Gloves and more. it should be noted that you cannot equip two accessories that cover the same part of the body. So no wearing multiple hats or boots.

Jewelry is the slot for very small items that nontheless provide bonuses, such as rings, amulets, or earrings.
        Bags are simply items providing extra inventory slots, though some of these have special effects as well.
      • You can pick up missions on the notice board in the City Plaza. Missions Unlike dungeons do not have clear level requirements. Though the City Mission council ranks jobs according to likely difficulty.

Missions can be all sorts of things, from retrieving certain rare reagents from outside the city, to escorting a non branded through dangerous territory, or even investigating monster infestations in the 'real world.' Missions rarely drop the sort of treasure dungeons do unless you happen to encounter a rare monster. However as they are often coming from individuals of means, or even the city itself, they often pay quite well in Gilder, and can have some unique rewards that cannot be found in dungeons. Early on, missions are also a good way to discover things that may be hidden around the city, the Branded Sector has many little places not well known outside of their clientele that may be interesting to the new branded.

The risk of Missions though, is the risk of the job giver being wrong. it is always possible that the infestation of dire rats in ones basement is actually a ferocious earth drake tunneling up from a subterranean dungeon. Be wary when taking missions, especially as the ranks rise. To take a Mission simply take the notice from the board and your Mystic senses will guide you to the mission giver, who will usually provide more detailed information.

Missions use the same E-S ranking system as all others, you cannot take missions with a rank higher than your highest ranking Job. EX rank missions exist, but are typically only issued when city ending threats occur. In these cases all Branded living in the threatened city receive the mission, and the condition is generally simply to survive and contribute as you can.
      • The fusion of Job and Skill crystals is a fairly recent development. Through a number of alchemic and arcane processes unequipped skill crystals can be fused with other unequipped skill crystals. Likewise Job crystals can be fused with each other to form jobs otherwise rare or inaccessible.

There are several limitations though. Firstly not all crystals are compatible, not every combination has been discovered of course, but some are simply incompatible with one another. Secondly. All skills or jobs involved in the fusion must be mastered to at least the rank of C. This is because he resulting crystals Mastery level is reduced by two ranks So a pair of Crystals Mastered to C will produce a new skill at Rank E. Some crystals, especially ones already of the [rare] rating or above, have higher or more esoteric requirements.

The fusion labs are open to any branded for use of course, but in practice, only successful branded use them often. Fusion is not a cheap process due to the work and materials involved in the fusion. Don't worry about trying to fuse crystals that won't work together and wasting your gilder though, the attendants can and will scan and check crystals for compatibility before approving the fusion.

Have fun discovering new and interesting combinations!
      • So you've found your first Race Mod. Ready to leave normalcy behind and become something else entirely? Well keep in mind that Race Mods, unlike most equipment are a commitment. Once equipped a race mod can only be removed in two ways. The first is equipping a new race mod. The second is going to the cathedral to have yourself returned to human. The second costs money, to the tune of 20 Gilder multiplied by your current level. Lastly, when unequipped, Race Mods are destroyed.

Now Race mods will generally grant a bonus to two stats and a penalty to one. There is some variation, but most will follow this standard. It should be noted that the stat boosts and penalties also change your racial stat caps, while the mod is equipped. Some mods provide secondary benefits, such as alternate forms of movement, enhancing one or more the senses, or perhaps bonuses with certain types of magic or weapons. The rarer types of race mod may also grant unique racial skills usable only while said mod is equipped.

So think carefully when choosing your race mod. They can change your abilities significantly as you rise in the ranks.

I'll be doing the other ones as time permits, because I love fiddling with tabs and such, so!

Arkeus and Grosstoad like this.
  23. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

What if people kept one enemy rooted/tied up/incapacitated all night?

24. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Could work in theory. Give it a try?

25. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

So, huh, does Shimah have any special bag for increasing slot numbers?

If not, maybe we should give her our old one while we equip the better one.

26. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

She has one. The Ogre Bag. She had it when you met her.

Arkeus likes this.
  27. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

[X] Equip Merchant's Bag
    [X] Wait for the rest to pop out of the dungeon. No need to split up before you reach the city.

Actions:
    [X]Hang out with buddies
    -[X]We didn't see most of the group all of yesterday as we were busy flirting being with Sera, so make sure everyone's having fun, pay extra attention to Shimah feeling good. Talk about today's experience of splitting the party, see how they took it. Mention the Halberd Knight job to Anshelm.

28. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

And the index, as I try to mentally construct how to mess around with the char sheet and such, to make it more TAB awesome. Unsure if this is necessarily 'better' than with the spoilers, but whatever. I was bored and now we are thinking with tabs.

Current Day
    Running The Caves
    Getting Wet, Blitzing Goblins

Grosstoad likes this.
  29. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Adding night action vote:

[X] Action: Go around the inn, asking for more info on local dungeons, difficulty, challenges, tricks, etc adventurers have found in the low level dungeons. Update your guide.

I'd like to stay on top of this, and this gives us a good excuse to check out a wider sample of adventurers, while incidentally accomplishing what the other ask around vote does as well.

Arkeus likes this.
  30. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Right, changing to:
    [X] Equip Merchant's Bag

[X] Action: Go around the inn, asking for more info on local dungeons, difficulty, challenges, tricks, etc adventurers have found in the low level dungeons. Update your guide.

EDIT:
    So, we now have a power of 8. If "+water" is the equivalent of adding 1 power for water spell (unknown), we have an effective power of 10 for water spells. 11 if we had the Naiad Shawl (we might want to get a second one or some such when we get to level 5). This means currently our Aqua Prison is going to hold enemies that have up to 11 STR, and maybe soon 12. Not too shabby.

While I wouldn't try it solo yet, there is good chance it can actually work against the E-rank Ogres.

Also, when we next do Wailing Cavern we might want to try and explore the lake a bit. Breathing underwater and all that.