1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Best way to do it in my opinion.

Xicree and GiftofLove like this.
  2. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Huh.

Well... Oh dear. Looks like you're going to get a peek at the first bit of plot early.

3. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

...there is a plot?!!!

Jiven and Arkeus like this.
  4. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

5. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Of course there is a plot. I mean, it wouldn't be much of a quest if I didn't have some curveballs to throw.

Jiven likes this.
  6. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

+shock and horror+

Well, at any rate, this will give IC-reasons for grabbing XP & JP?

Arkeus likes this.
  7. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

But... random encounter table should be enough! >_<

Oh well.

8. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Not to mention the Bonus Bosses!

I always sat up straighter whenever the red text pops up on screen.

UrsaTempest and Arkeus like this.
  9. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Aw damnit, I was having fun bumming around dungeons and finding loot. Now we gotta get serious about things.

10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Mah, it's not like I'm gonna rush you guys, it's a long term thing. You weren't even slotted to get notice of this for another in game week.

11. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Let's be fair, world events are always a fun thing and, horrible risk of death aside, should hopefully be great for XP gain.

Besides, that Ex-Rank event bit in the tutorials was way too telling for it not to come up in play.

And the bit at the church already suggested that much anyway.

(It is an incoming Ex-rank event, that's being hidden from the community at large, isn't it?)

yrsillar and Arkeus like this.
  12. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Hey, we love plot. We want plot.

Also, personal theory: when a Endbringer-type monster is spawned, a lot of 'lieutenant' type monsters are spawned, which means that the odds of Bonus Boss are much higher, and there is a "Bonus Bonus Boss" special category appearing. Which we just triggered.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. redaeth

Huh, I hope we can handle a special bonus boss with just three of us.

14. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

“Hm, yeah, I’ll just take three Amritas, the last run was great for me, so I don’t mind much, figure we should add the Drake cloak to our party loot pile,” You respond after a moments thought.

“So, the let Anshelm lug it around pile, got it,” Anshelm says dryly.

“Hey, at least you can use something besides that dumb hat,” you point out.

“He has a point though, “ Maya muses, “I know I said no before, but once I have my ranger crystal and Sera her Lightning one, we might want to all pool our funds to get a vault set up.”

“I would prefer to buy Shaman as well,” Shimah points out, “Once I have that, I would not mind sharing a vault with you all, this party is an effective one.”

“Eh, I’ve already got Axe warrior to level, though Axe’s just hit D for me. Anyway, Al mentioned something about a Halberd knight, so I can go for that short term,” Anshelm says, by now the loot is being divvied up.

“It’s fine with me too,” comes you and Sera’s answer, almost in stereo, you glance at her, but she’s already looking down blushing.

Then Maya equips her new armor. Oh, uh, well you guess it does technically cover more skin…? It’s basically a shiny skin-tight blue leotard made of fine scales, you aren’t really sure how that’s possible.

“Buh,” Anshelm says intelligently, blinking owlishly as Maya looks over her shoulder with a hint of dissatisfaction.

“My, it just doesn’t get any better does it, at least it doesn’t ride up too much…” She mumbles, shifting from foot to foot to get a better feel for things.

Your eyebrow twitches, unfair. Completely and totally unfair. Going by Sera’s expression, she feels much the same, you pat her on the shoulder consolingly.

She seems somewhat confused by that, but gives you a weak smile anyway, “Um… I think moderation is best.” She says shyly, glancing from Maya to you.

“Me too,” you agree, your camaraderie with your companion in petite-ness overriding the awkwardness you would normally feel in this situation.

Your eyebrow twitches when you hear Maya’s damn laughter, she’s looking at the two of you with amusement even now. Shimah doesn’t really seem to know what’s going on, but she’s on team boobmonster, Maya can explain it to her.

“Anyway,“ you say loudly, no you did not yank your hand away from Sera like it was on fire when you noticed it was still on her shoulder. “I say we do Maya’s plan, split up between the Grotto and the Den.”

“Sounds good to me,” Maya says cheerfully.

“How will we be splitting the party?” Shimah asks, “I assume Anshelm and Maya will go to the higher dungeon, and Sera would do poorly in a fire based dungeon. That leaves relatively few options.”

“Um… Al should probably go with the Grotto team,” Sera says reluctantly, “her elements would probably help a lot, so… Shimah and I?”

Shimah sighs, “It would seem so… at least between my new armor and the burns you inflict, the ogres should have very low chances of hitting us.”

“Buh,” Anshelm adds, before finally shaking his head and staring firmly at the ground, “Yeah, I’m fine with that.”

“Cool, sounds like we got our teams,“ you give Sera a smile, “Kick their asses Sera.”

“They’ll all burn.” Sera says confidently, her new staff crackles with electricity as she smiles.

You set off together after that, no reason to split up until the grotto after all, you find yourself considering the fact that Maya and Anshelm have been coming down at the same time for a few days now as you walk.

You, well… you have a pretty good idea of what they’re up too. Nothing wrong with that. You know your birds and bees even if dating was never really your thing, oh do you know your birds and bees. Because that was one of the few days Mom took off.

You can still remember when she sat you down to explain the facts of life. She had a full presentation. With charts. You shudder briefly, oh Goddess, the charts. So uh, yeah you know about sex, even if you don’t have any practical experience in the field.

You can’t help but wonder how it works, Anshelm is kinda small, even if he is really cute. Mom explained that size really wasn’t important, what with all the, you know nerves and stuff being near the entrance of the… No, stop it brain, go back to repressing that.

So yeah, you know why Maya has been kinda mussed up and cheerful in the mornings. Good luck to them and all, sex is basically just a particularly fun bit of exercise for branded anyway, what with the immunity to nonmagical disease and sterility and all, why are you still thinking about this?

“Um… Al are you alright?” you hear Sera speak up, sounding worried, “You look a little overheated, should we slow down.”

“No, no, no, I’m fine, not thinking about anything weird,” you reply with forced cheer.

Maya’s damnable giggle comes from ahead, “Oh my, were you having some naughty fantasies Al?”

“Nope. Absolutely not,” you say, not sounding flustered at all, nope. Now Sera is looking at you curiously, a little bit of red creeping onto her cheeks as well, “I was just uh… considering sleeping in the bathtub, yeah,” Yes, this is a good deflection, “I was super dried out this morning, and taking a bath made me feel a lot better, new race mod having weird effects you know.”

“Oh,” Sera, why do you sound disappointed. No cancel that, don’t answer.

You clear your throat and speak up, “So uh, Maya, what all did you get at level five, that’s one of the early milestones right?”

“Hm, changing the subject so quickly, I’m suspicious,” she says, “A few things actually, a new accessory slot, a new active and passive skill slot, and my appraise hit D, so I can see the value of uncommon items now… most of them seem to be in the low two hundred range. “

“Nice,” more skill slots sounds great, “You think once you’ve grabbed ranger I can get that Shawl from you, the water magic boost will be nice for me.”

“Maybe… once I have more things to fill my slots, I suppose I could just start wearing the drakescale cloak, it would probably match.” She responds cheerfully.

“I’m probably gonna have to start selling potions soon,” Anshelm speaks up, "With Shimah healing me I don’t really use them anymore, I’m actually at capacity for those now.”

“Yeah, I suppose that’s just a testament to Shimah being a great healer though,” you point out, you think you catch a brief smile on the Cleric, “It’s better to have them than not, how is everybody's stocks anyway?”

They all seem fine, Shimah is the lowest, but even she has more than enough Ethers and Amritas to get through Ogre's Den, you suppose that makes sense, Shimah blows through SP faster than you do. Soon enough you reach the Grotto after that and split ways with Shimah and Sera.

“Well, you guys ready to rock this?” Anshelm says confidently.

“Of course, just remember to keep an eye on your health, we don’t have Shimah this time,” Maya chides gently.

“Yes mother,” Anshelm replies with a playful roll of his eyes.

“Oh my, is that the game you want to play next time? Anshelm you naughty boy,” Maya replies with a giggle making the warrior stammer and grumble.

You uh… you kinda feel like you want nothing whatsoever to do with this conversation, “So uh… dungeon?” you point out dryly.

“R-right,” Anshelm says clearing his throat as he reaches forward to activate the dungeon. The first room really tells you all you want to know about the place. It’s painfully hot and the air is choked with smoke and ash. You instantly regret coming here, you feel like you’re being cooked alive. The first set of enemies are a half dozen black scaled serpents the size of a man’s arm, heat ripples off of them in waves. Well until you blast them with ice anyway, they really don’t like that, but hey, they’re level three and now more than half dead, they can deal with it. Between the three of you the fight is pathetically easy, even if they do get a couple of bites in on Anshelm, doing single digit damage.

Next room is a bit more annoying, another batch of snakes, some floating balls of living fire, and some kind of red scaled lizard thing, it’s listed as Uroktor, level four, so probably the elite enemy for this dungeon. Then it burrows underground before you can blast it, and you learn the true annoyance of the little bastards.

The snakes aren’t a problem, between you and Maya they die fast while Anshelm keeps their attention, and even the fire wisps aren’t bad, super fragile if you can hit them with magic, even if they hurt Anshelm way more than the snakes. The Uroktor though? It seems to attack entirely at random, sometimes burrowing up to snap at your feet, and others simply spitting globs of burning goo that hurt like a bitch and inflict burn, Luckily Maya has some panacea’s stacked up, and so does Anshelm. Killing the Uroktor with an icicle spear is all sorts of satisfying though.

The next room is a huge cavern full of oddly spaced pits of lava, and all of you start taking damage the moment you enter, three uroktor and five flame wisps. Great.

None of you ever get into real danger. You have to take a potion and an amrita, but the enemies are fragile enough to drop in a few hits, even if they are annoying, the constant room damage is worse honestly. Stepping through the fourth room as soon as possible is a must, it’s a narrow lava tunnel just filled with ash snakes. Wonderful, going by the flashing pane that appears they’re infinite in here too, so maze time. You cast your frost cloak right away, so that any who approach get slowed, and then the three of you rush forward through the twisting lava tunnels, fighting off snakes on the ground, dropping from the ceiling, just, just snakes freakin everywhere. Anshelm is cursing up a storm by the time you finally see light from the tunnel ahead.

You emerge on a plateau of heated rock, occupied by a huge nest scattered with bones, and an ash snake the size of a cart horse, dripping white hot poison from its fangs. King Serpent indeed. Anshelm yells a challenge and starts stabbing with a vengeance even as you spray the area around slowing and freezing many of the smaller ash snakes coming out of the nest. With you keeping its constantly spawning minions under control and Maya’s burgeoning damage, holy crap is having poison on a boss useful by the way, and Anshelm’s shield bash stunning the thing while Maya tears it up with her daggers, the fight goes by mercifully quick.

Congratulations!
    You have Gained
    100 Experience
    12 Job Points
    105 Gilder

The party has Looted.

2 Potions
    1 Hi Potion
    2 Amrita
    4 Burn Salves

[Burning Blade] A sword holding the residual heat of lava, deals a small amount of fire damage. 120
    [Obsidian Shield] A slab of shaped volcanic glass, has a low defense, but very high fire resistance. Chance to burn enemies that strike the user. 130
    [Blazing Talisman] An obsidian talisman shaped like a flame, invoking the Goddess Vernas, grants additional fire resistance to those buffed by the user, or burns enemies debuffed this way.
    [Ashen robe] A robe made of the skin of an Ash Serpent King, Greatly increases resistance to fire as well as boosting the damage of all fire spells and granting bonus SP.

“Looks like a couple of things for the members not here and not much else,” Maya sighs, she then brightens up a little, “I did hit C rank though, lets see…More health and SP, higher Evasion and decreased threat, and a new skill!” she pauses a moment while bringing up the skill pane. “Dungeoneer, reduces the damage taken by the skill user and their party from environmental hazards.”

“Sounds pretty useful,” you muse, “Heck, would have been useful right here,”

“Suppose we put the shield in the party loot pile, I’ll probably use it if we come here again,” Anshelm says, getting things back on track.

“Yeah, I’ll just save that robe for Sera, she’ll probably like it,” you sigh, you suppose your luck had to give out sometime. Good thing you got the blessings or you might have got even less.

[]Loot? Robe and Talisman are going to their obvious users, decide the rest.

You start heading for the Ogre’s Den after that, might as well meet up with Shimah and Sera after all. It’s not really too far.

Sera and Shimah seem to be waiting for you when you get there, they both look fine, Sera waves to you.

“Hey Sera, get anything good?” you say as you approach.

“Um… nothing we haven’t gotten here before, I think we might have seen all the loot from the normal enemies on E rank here, we got another bag though, so that’s nice. The experience and Job points were very good though.” Sera responds.

“Indeed, our dungeon was profitable even if only for that. The items are at least worth gilder, the two of us should be able to afford our new jobs after this.” Shimah adds.

“Well ours wasn’t much better in that regard,” Maya admits, “We did get a few items for you two though.”

You pass those out, Shimah spends a few moments studying her new Talisman, testing it out by healing all of you, it does seem to increase the amount of her healing.

Sera on the other hand… well it’s more of a slinky black dress than a robe in your opinion, and a low cut one at that. Sera really fills it out nicely. Uh… not that you care. She huddles back under cloak blushing uncontrollably once she equips it anyway. You regard your own clothes sadly. You know the day will come soon that the Crystal Lord robe will no longer be your best gear choice. You do not look forward to that day.

You all set off back to town chatting cheerfully, unfortunately, things aren’t going to be that easy today. As you approach the city walking through a grassy zone, you spy on the horizon a humanoid figure walking toward you, you all assume it’s just another branded out for a late run at first, but as it grows closer, Maya stiffens up, “That is not a person,” She states flatly, “it… it doesn’t smell right.”

You squint, whatever it is seems to be picking up speed as it approaches. It’s also tall, like ogre tall. Looks like a person in completely black armor with an oddly horned helm, and a sword and shield, similarly black. Then you spy its information pane. “Fuck,” you curse.

Old Kiln Knight
    Level 15

Maya is right, that thing is a monster, and a tough one, it has three times as much health as any of the bosses you’ve fought, and it’s heading right for you its stride eating up ground at a ridiculous pace, you’ve got maybe two minutes to try and plan something.

“Guys, that thing is level fifteen,” you hiss.

“Shit,” Anshelm sums up, “The hell do we do about that?”

“We make a circle around it and run for the city,” Maya says, sounding grim, “If we get close enough hopefully one of the patrols will find us.”

“What is something like that even doing so close during the day?” Sera asks

No one can answer that, but even Anshelm doesn’t want to pick a fight with it, you all start to run, at first it almost seems, like it’s going to ignore you, but as it grows closer despite your efforts to circle around, its head twists in your direction at a inhuman angle, displaying that there is nothing but fire inside the helm, lovely.

You Point your staff at it and engulf it in an aqua prison, barely slowing down, “Just keep running!”

You hear the sound of water bursting apart behind you, yeah, that’s about what you thought, still it slowed it down for a few seconds at least.

You do that a half dozen more times, but the thing keeps gaining ground on you, despite the slowdown, your just twisting around to cast another prison when you see the Knight sheath it’s sword and raise its now empty hand, a bolt of crackling plasma warps into existence, and you have about half a second to mentally curse before the bolt leaps from its hand to your chest.

Your vision goes black in an instant of agony as you are thrown back. Vaguely you can hear the others yelling. The first thing that swims back into view is your own health bar… twelve health left, ow. You feel Shimah’s healing restoring you even as you are roughly dragged to your feet.

You wobble and move to keep running, but it’s really too late for that, in the time it took to pull you back to your feet, the Knight is upon you. It’s only Anshelms challenge that stops you from getting cut in half then and there as the Knight swerves, drawing its sword in one smooth motion and bringing it down on Anshelms shield with enough force to make his arms tremble.

The knight seems briefly confused at its sword being stopped and the rest of you take advantage, Ice and fire rain down on its head, the fire does… nearly nothing, your ice does better, but still only pathetically small fragments of the Knights health.

Then Maya lands a blow, and for a moment you feel a surge of hope as you see the poison take hold, and then you see the subtle twist of the knight's stance, and the drain of its Sp as it spins toward the hunter. You and Anshelm both manage to yell her name before the sword blurs through your friend. The sight of a sword as tall as you are going through Maya’s torso and her surprised expression is one that’s going to stick with you.

Thankfully the brand doesn’t allow for disembowelment, so instead she is flung back clinging to life with single digit health. Anshelm yells something wordless and slams the tip of his spear into the knight's knee with all of his strength. To his credit the monstrous thing actually wobbles, the spear tip tearing a gash in black steel that bleeds liquid fire. Of course, then the thing explodes in a fireball that sears half of Anshelms health off, even as its shield connects with his head with a dull crunch, sending him reeling backward. Shimah is healing as quickly as she can, but even as you cast another icicle spear into the wound at its knee, you can’t help but notice that you’ve barely done a tenth of its health in damage, and most of that is Maya’s poison.

Sera is off next to Maya playing side medic with potions since her fire isn’t working, it frees Shimah to debuff the Knights attack, not that it helps much when its next sword blow still carves a quarter of Anshelm’s health free.

You can’t kill this thing, not as you are, your stomach drops as that knowledge comes to you, and you can see it in Shimah’s wide eyes as she tries and fails to keep up with the damage it’s dealing to Anshelm, in Sera’s fearful gaze as she helps Maya back to her feet.

“I can hold this thing off! The rest of you run!” Anshelm shouts even as he blocks another absurdly strong blow, by now he’s standing in the middle of a crater in the grass from the thing hammering down on him.

“Like hell,” you yell back, casting a frost spray, hoping that the freeze or slow might stick, no such luck though.

“We… we won’t be able to run far enough before it finishes you, “ Maya adds in a pained voice, flinging a lightning vial that only serves to annoy the thing.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Your aqua prison lasts just long enough to let Shimah restore her SP and return to healing, it’s not enough though, you’re slowly wearing down its health, the poison is helping, but it’s nowhere near enough.

Then a star strikes down, or rather what appears to be a very large hammer surrounded in a corona of icy power. The knight is smashed backwards from the force, sent sprawling with a full half of its life gone.

You glance up at the sky, where the Hammer is even now spiraling back up.

Sokal
    Hammer of Jula B
    Level ??

A man covered in light blue scales, a pair of draconic wings flaring from his back, floats in the sky, armored in shiny metal plate.

“I’ve got this, it's my fault for letting it flee from our patrol in the first place, just get back!” he calls down to you.

How nice, you managed to not die until the city patrols could catch up, but… monsters don’t flee normally, like at all ever, unless…

You all fall back, even Anshelm, who’s looking pretty damn wobbly down at half health, another hammer blow is enough to kill the thing though, thank the Goddesses… or you guess in this case Jula for that.

Congratulations!
    For your contribution to the battle you have gained.
    25 Experience
    2 Job points
    35 Gilder

Well you guess you did actually manage a quarter of the things life before the shiny dude got here, apparently that counts for something.

The shiny guy… Sokal, lands a moment later, “All of you fine?” he asks, sounding genuinely worried.

“Why was a monster running from anything at all,” you ask flatly, causing him to wince.

“Uh… right, can you forget I said that?” He asks, at the flat looks he gets from every single one of you he sighs, “Look, we don’t need you lower levels panicking, so we’ve been keeping things quiet, but we’ve been finding scouting forces poking around city territory, it’s nothing major yet but… something is obviously stirring.”

“T-that’s why the Archbishop hasn’t been around, isn’t it.” Sera says, understanding dawning.

“Yeah, him and Lady Aelwynn have been poking around trying to find the source,” he pauses, “Look, you can’t speak up about this, we’re going to put a notice up about increased random encounters, but it’s too early to mention a possible attack. We don’t need parties like yours getting themselves killed trying to level up too fast, or getting too scared to go out at all, yeah?” He turns his head, looking at you specifically, “You’re the one who's been making that guide for the low levels, Falconis, right? Just keep doing what you’re doing and you newbies will be more useful to the city than you will dead."

“Right,” Maya sighs, still wincing from remembered pain, “We gain nothing from spreading this around, we don’t need to cause trouble for the city, right?”

“Whatever, as long as you guys are doing something about it I don’t care,” Anshelm says, from where he has essentially glued himself to Maya’s side.

Sokal escorts you the rest of the way back, with little other conversation, he’s up in the air keeping an eye out after all. Apparently people who take initiative with stuff like dungeon guides get attention from the higher ups though, who knew.

Everyone is pretty tired by the time you get back though, what do you want to do with the evening?

[]What do you want to do?

((So yeah, I just meant to introduce the fact that you would getting rolls for random encounters while going out dungeon delving, and then you went a rolled a natural hundred, plus cats curiosity, and THAT happened. if you're wondering, no I didn't deus ex the party into not dying. The encounter was always meant to be a do your best not to die until help arrives, thing. Which you did... barely.))

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 16 others like this.
  15. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Hahah, that was fun. We did quite a bit better than I thought, and it's nice to know we are getting more skill slots at level 5, too. I guess Maya is going to grab Ranger now.

16. redaeth

[X] Al
    -[X] 2 Amrita
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve

[X] Maya
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve

[X] Anshelm
    -[X] Hi Potion
    -[X] 2 Burn Salve

[X] Sell and split the money
    -[X] [Burning Blade] A sword holding the residual heat of lava, deals a small amount of fire damage. 120

[X] What Do
    -[X] Hug your friends. You nearly lost them all. Hug Maya especially. Resist burying yourself in her bosom.
    -[X] First, shopping! Go make sure everyone gets their new jobs. Especially Sera should grab a non-fire elementalist job. Check around for anything interesting for you. Getting everyone tougher will help you feel secure.
    -[X] Fill out the Ashen Grotto and Drake's Nest on your pamphlet. A little busywork to take your minds off things.
    -[X] You... don't feel like sleeping alone tonight. That was too close. See if Sera would mind sharing a room. You'll take the bathtub.
    -[X] That would leave Shimah all alone though. Are there rooms with more then one bed?

tenchifew likes this.
  17. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

A dark lord is rising!

18. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Also include the drake peak info.
    And I really think we should go see a copyist rather then making each copy by hand.

19. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

We have done Drake's nest too.

20. redaeth

Added it in, also added a blurb about Shimah since she is the odd woman out in this little sitcom of a party we're developing.

21. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

redaeth: Don't forget Drake too on the guide.

VALIDATION!

Err, I mean, nifty.

Okay, great news is that divine eye's at 76/80 and Ice Elementalist is at 32/40. Meaning both should level off one decent dungeon run (IE: Not 5 man Goblin Glade). Doing a split run in the morning and then going to the afternoon would give us our best chances there.

Other good news is that Ice Elementalist is at 47/70. At 23 to C, we have fairly mixed chances of unlocking it tomorrow, which would be great because we wouldn't have to run back to swap out jobs and start grinding water elementalist. On the other hand, at an average of 8/12ish with bonus/area we're unlikely to hit that unless we get lucky or aim for it, or get a (not kiln knight plz) random encounter. We could try soloing Ogre's Den E rank, which should be doable if we grab enough pots, but people are going to freak out and refuse to do that, so we're probably not going to get that nifty ~16JP.

Third piece of good news is that Shimah's new talisman will be godly when we do Ashen Grotto D rank tomorrow and seems to match with the element of the enemy we found here. Definitely worth hanging onto for the moment (and looking for fire resist gear on everyone wouldn't be bad, but given that we have a week+, we'll outpace whatever we get anyway). Sera thought she had enough for lighting elementalist, but we should double-check and chip in in the morning so she can contribute there.

Ashen Grotto D should match Wailing Caverns, but we have a lot of gear across the party and solid elements. This should hopefully give Sera a race mod, leaving Shimah the only boring human in the party.

Also Maya is either freakishly lucky or those daggers are just that boss given how easily they procced poison.

Because of leveling water elementalism and shinies from that, I'd suggest we do our split dungeon first then meet up for D rank Grotto. We should also get everyone their new crystals tonight.

Lost Graveyard(6), Devil's Eye(10),Desecrated Fort(8), Tomb of Worms(10) are the dungeons we know of but haven't touched yet.

Of these, the only one I'd like to consider (until everyone gets their C rank, second job and hits 5, which should be enough to crush it) is Desecrated Fort, which probably has a high size requirement, which would be a noish given that Drake's Nest was difficult.

We could scope them out to get their party sizes, but it seems a little silly to do that right now when Divine Eye's about to level.

[X] Al
    -[X] 2 Amrita
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve
    [X] Maya
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve
    [X] Anshelm
    -[X] Hi Potion
    -[X] 2 Burn Salve
    -[X] [Burning Blade] A sword holding the residual heat of lava, deals a small amount of fire damage. 120

[X] What Do
    -[X] First, shopping! Go make sure everyone gets their new jobs. Especially Sera should grab a non-fire elementalist job. Check around for anything interesting for you. Getting everyone tougher will help you feel secure.
    -[X] Fill out the Ashen Grotto and Drake's Nest on your pamphlet. A little busywork to take your minds off things.
    --[X] Try to ask how much JP the others earned from Ogre's Den E and Goblin Glade D. Adding XP/JP to the guide would be nice.
    -[X] You... don't feel like sleeping alone tonight. That was too close. See if Sera would mind sharing a room. You'll take the bathtub.
    -[X] That would leave Shimah all alone though. Are there rooms with more then one bed?

Arkeus likes this.
  22. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] What Do
    -[X] Hug your friends. You nearly lost them all. Hug Maya especially. Resist burying yourself in her bosom... that's Anshelm's job.
    -[X] First, shopping! Go make sure everyone gets their new jobs. Especially Sera should grab a non-fire elementalist job. Lightning Elementalist seems like something good to add. Check around for anything interesting for you. Getting everyone tougher will help you feel secure.
    -[X] Spend time Studying the materials your mother provided.
    -[X] You... don't feel like sleeping alone tonight. That was too close. See if Sera would mind sharing a room. You'll take the bathtub... unless Sera wants to stick together for the night.

23. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Everyone, hugpile on Maya.

Team Boobmonster was nearly dealt a critical blow today.

Team Boobmonster is best monster.

Grosstoad and Xicree like this.
  24. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

[X] Al
    -[X] 2 Amrita
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve

[X] Maya
    -[X] 1 Potion
    -[X] 1 Burn Salve

[X] Anshelm
    -[X] Hi Potion
    -[X] 2 Burn Salve

[X] What Do
    --[X] Try to ask how much JP the other two earned from Ogre's Den E. Adding XP/JP to the guide would be nice.

25. redaeth

... Adding hug everyone to my vote. Especially Maya.

EDIT: Here we go.

-[] Hug your friends. You nearly lost them all. Hug Maya especially. Resist burying yourself in her bosom.

26. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Considering Maya only lived because of the extra five Health she got from ranking up her Job. Yeah.

Edit: and yeah,the daggers are pretty boss at poisoning. She still got stupid lucky on the Kiln Knight.

Grosstoad, GiftofLove, Arkeus and 2 others like this.
  27. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

Holy shit, let's not do that again!

28. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

We didn't really have a choice about that level 15 guy.

EDIT: yrsillar, it seems rank C gives a personal skill (nothing to do with the job in question?) while level 5 gives a active and passive skill slot?

29. redaeth

I think tomorrow we should do the Graveyard. It is the only full party dungeon we know about that is both low level and requiring a full party It should give us the most bang for our buck in terms of both XP and JP. We've faced level 7s in the Drake place with no problem and Maya hit level 5. Graveyard is only level 6. We are ready.

For our morning run, Maya alone probably at the point where she could solo both E and D ranks of Ogre and Goblins. Our gear drops have been that good. So my recommendation is to do Goblin's Grotto or Ogre's Den D rank first with a split party. Maya and Shimah in one group, Anshelm, Sera and Al in the next. We'll crush it pretty much. Then we head to the Graveyard full party.

30. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Bonus boss would be Lvl 8.