1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Lurkers, ARISE!
    Your QM needs you to vote!

:D

2. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

I'll note that a lot of the voters here are on IRC, so the apparent consensus is often the result of hours of arguing back and forth in chat.

Eh, we're a mage build, but we have relatively little need to stick to cold based magic forever. Sera's geared for fire naturally, but that might change in the long term too.

I just kinda doubt the focus on one specific element as a central theme will last us that well when we can't always dictate our enemies, and we don't know our full job tree.

As much as I like ice, I really do want to train a variety of active magic skills (maybe even a healing one or two if we find the time to raise a job there up) to have as back-up, and am not sure we'll find purple/gold ice related jobs so easily to stick with the starting theme.

yrsillar If you're really worried about lack of voters you can just move the quest to NSFW and not change the content at all. In my experience it helps measurably.

3. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

...Please don't make "Learn Sexy Touch" and "Sex all people" valid choices :(

We've also been told that Alice's stats are very well suited for using two-types builds compared to everyone else in our group (except maybe Maya? or Shimah?) who are min-maxxed. Ice is what we begin with, but we shouldn't think we are "locked" there, considering how the game works (both by giving us enemies against whome Ice/Water are going to be useless, but also by giving jobs that have more and more esoteric abilities).

4. Falconis

Falconis Not too sore, are you?

Yea I guess I'm ok with
    [X]Grosstoad

5. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

We should at least wait until we get skills to C rank before adding more skills, just so we can keep on track to first fusion. Too bad Yrs wasn't on IRC when we were having the big discussion.

[X] Grosstoad

6. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

...We are C rank. You might want to look at our two new nifty skill, too :p

7. Grosstoad

+fridge horror+

If I had stuck arguing for Earthspeaker's Boots for Sera in the Ashen Grotto...

Arkeus and Darkened like this.
  8. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

I warn thee in advance. I'm going to vote to switch jobs to Water from Ice in the morning and start leveling that up to C. I want Polar Mage!

9. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Oh, wow. I didn't expect so many comments from an off hand remark. You is cool guyz. I suppose I haven't been on IRC much, the quest to rebuild the empire of persia in CK II has been occupying chatroom time.

Also, yup, I guess you nearly killed Sera gross. you monster. In penance, I demand you draw Shimah, Maya, and Sera! :p

In seriousness, update should be up soonish....

10. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Won't back, for the reasons stated before at length, and because we really really should just take an evening or two and find someone to ask about evolutions.

We have all of one sentence on what they do, less than that on Winter Witch. Given that B rank offers a ton of upgrades (look at what C got us) and that it'll benefit us regardless of which long path we ultimately pursue, I'd much rather ASK about our class trees before dashing to the first shiny thing we saw.

Hell, we didn't even ask our mom about paths to a blue ice related/magey fusion, much less long term upgrades.

We picked curiousity as our defining motivation from chargen, though we haven't pursued that as recklessly as first envisioned, let's at least be curious and look into things before charging straight ahead at the most obvious answer.

B rank is pretty achievable and will offer a much more immediate growth in power, and the time to find out for sure what our options really are.

Garahs and Xicree like this.
  11. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Plus, considering plot situation, getting good with something, fast, is preferable.

12. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

“How about you keep it, but I borrow it just to get fire magic when we get back to town?” you ask, “I’m not going to level the job, but having the skill can’t hurt, even if I don’t use it much.”

“Mm, that does make sense,” Sera responds cheerfully, “I should have considered that myself.”

Everyone takes a moment to collect their equipment, and in some cases equip it. Sera’s gloves are elbow length black leather that smell faintly of ash, and periodically glow with inlaid runes of fire, they actually go rather well, with the black dre….You mean robe she’s wearing right now, gives her that classy evening gown look, but with more threat of fiery doom.

Maya’s boots are shiny things, all supple black scales on knee high boots, with short heels for some reason, Maya seems able to walk just fine in them though. It’s Shimah and Anshelm’s new equips that are…. Different though. In Anshelm’s case the earthblood plate is kind of uh… form fitting, save for the bony breastplate and greaves. Like black chain that glows red hot now and then, doesn’t seem to hurt him any though.

As for Shimah, its uh… red. Really really red and skintight, save for the dress portion around her legs, and those are slit up to her thighs, so that’s… not much better. It’s only the tabard emblazoned with a flame symbol that keeps her decent up top, given how tight the dress/vestment/whatever is.

“We should probably start selling off some of our junk gear,” you muse while considering your inventory.

“Most of us have already been doing that. It seems Al is a bit of a hoarder though,” Maya points out playfully as you start heading back for the city.

“Sh-shut up, some of it could still be pretty useful,” you grumble, “Anyway, does anyone still need a bag? I have the goblin spell pouch spare at this point.”

“Eh, I might as well take it, if you're offering,” Anshelm replies, “I got a rucksack from the ogres but I still have a slot open, I have way more inventory than I know what to do with right now.”

“Mm, boring stuff aside, are you looking forward to shopping tonight Shimah? I think this is going to be a lot of fun!” Maya exclaims, looking way too pleased. A chill travels down your spine.

“It should be enjoyable to do something with everyone, yes,” comes Shimah’s expected reply. Well crap, you can’t duck out now, you glance at the ground, where Maya’s new pet crawls along on its stubby little legs, completely oblivious to the conversation. It’s a sturdy little thing, health nearly as high as Anshelm’s, but only enough SP to use its special like… three times. You wonder how SP regeneration even works for pets.

“Hey, what all abilities did people get anyway?” Anshelm pipes up over Maya and Shimah’s conversation… You really hope Maya doesn’t corrupt Shimah, you don’t think the world is ready for two Mayas. Anyway, this is a much more comfortable topic of conversation.

Among you… Anshelm’s shield just improved the abilities it already had, better challenge and resistances, his spears gave him a new knockdown ability, Sweeping Strike. Maya stuns enemies when she restealths now, and does even more damage on sneak attacks, she’s starting to ignore some of the enemies armor as well.

You point out your new abilities as well, and Sera gives hers, her new spell is Dragon’s Breath, a wide cone that does high damage and burn chance, for a hefty chunk of SP. Shimah’s status heal makes the target immune to the status just cured for one tick, whatever that means, and she got a more powerful single target heal. She can debuff enemies agility now too and passively reduces the chance for enemies to crit her.

You do actually run into a little bit of trouble on the way back to town, for a given value of trouble anyway. It’s only goblins, admittedly level five and six goblins, but still. Between you disabling their shaman, and Sera trying out her new Dragon’s Breath, which nearly kills the entire lot of weak ones caught in it in one go, it’s really a trivial fight.

Minimal rewards too, just a couple of junky white items, everyone agrees to just sell them and split the gilder.

26 XP, 2 JP, 90 Gilder(includes item sales)

Something weird happens when you enter the city though. Maya's pet... dissolves and the black smoke flows into her. She blinks in confusion, reading the info pane that just came up. Informing her that monster 'pets' enter storage mode in peaceful zones. Weird, but handy you guess.

You manage to deflect everyone into doing a little uh… practical shopping before things kick off, you don't really have time to look for specific buyers for gear though. You pick up a couple Ethers and Amritas, as well as your wind elemental crystal, which is pricey, as well as doing the trade thing with with Sera, you’ll have to look more carefully at the stats later though, Maya isn’t going to let you get out of this so easily… Anshelm gets to escape with HIS new crystal, the lucky ass, Bulwark to be exact.

Which brings you to a rather upscale shop, full of frilly ladies wear with Shimah, Maya, and Sera.

“Do I really need to be along,” you grumble uncomfortably. This really isn’t the kind of place you like being. Girly stuff has never been really appealing to you. Well until you met Sera, she is kind of ap… Shut up brain.

“Oh, don’t be a stick in the mud Al, don’t you want to support Shimah?” Maya teases, looking amused at your discomfort.

Shimah for her part is inspecting some kind of sheer black thing that looks like it wouldn’t even reach her hips if she put it on, she’s frowning at it though, “I had thought the purpose of sleepwear was to keep warm. Many of the things here seem very ineffective for that.”

“Ah Miss Shimah, I think you are looking at the wrong ones.” Sera says from across the shop, poking her head out of a section full of much more, uh… conservative stuff. She reddens when she spies exactly what Shimah is holding, “U-um, those kind of things are not for… um..”

“Those ones are for when you’re looking to have a little fun in bed,” Maya supplies helpfully. At Shimah’s look of blank incomprehension, Maya sighs, “Sex. Shimah, they’re meant for getting in the mood for sex.”

You just about choke on your tongue, how can she be so casual about it. Shimah just nods seriously though, replacing the item on the rack, “I see, that does make more sense. Not useful for my purposes though…”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that,” Maya says cheerfully, “You never know when you’ll find someone fun, its best to be prepared!” Maya smiles slyly as she says the next part, glancing over at Sera, “Besides, I imagine Sera wouldn’t mind seeing Al in something some of these, and vice versa, we should try some on!”

“H-hey now, I really don’t need anything like that,” you reply, quickly, backing up a step. You glance around, but the employees are giving you all a fairly wide berth, “I’m not really…”

“Mm, I suppose trying a few could not hurt, would you be willing to make some suggestions Maya?” Shimah asks, either not noticing or ignoring your discomfort.

“Certainly,” Maya says cheerfully, and hey what the hell, when did she get next to you, and take your arm, when did Maya get that fast, and why is her tail wagging?! “Come on Al, its good to loosen up and have some fun, right? Just relax and play around a little,” in the end it’s like trying to resist the tide. Sera, poor stammering, blushing Sera gets swept up as well. Maya is way too persuasive.

What follows is… it’s a thing. You can’t help but stare at some of the things Maya finds, the near transparent red silk nightie Sera ends up in, that barely reaches her thighs, not even mentioning the matched set she makes with Shimah, her in black lacy get up, and Shimah in white. The sheer amount of skin the two of them have on display is enough to make your eyebrow twitch in irritation.

As for you, well, you look terrible in all of them of course, you have no figure at all after all. You have no idea what Sera was staring at, because it obviously couldn’t be you. Apparently Maya thinks you look good in light blues and greens for some reason, and wheedled you into the match to Sera’s nightie in those colors. You, well… You can’t say you dislike the shy, bashful looks Sera gives you when she sees it, but that’s not the point, and no you see no contradiction with your previous thought, this is tyranny!

Not that it stops you from walking out with several new pairs of underwear and… the thing, it’s really a pittance in Gilder at this point, ninety gilder feels like a lot less than it used too.

You and Sera are both too embarrassed to even look at each other on the way back, but Maya and Shimah seem to have struck up something of a friendly rapport. You shudder, the very idea is mildly terrifying after that.

You elect to spend the rest of your evening studying, after collecting your profits from Adel… which is another eighty Gilder on top of the extra forty in your bag. You… you don’t think either you or Sera could manage sleeping together tonight. Every time you look at her you end up picturing the way the silk clung to her skin and how nice she looked and, nope. You need a cold bath, in your own room. Sera seems to be having the same problem, which you refuse to think about.

You do stop Maya in the upper hall though, before turning in to study for the night. You kinda feel bad bringing this up when she’s so happy, but… ugh you feel like it will be better to do now.
    “Hey Maya,” you call quietly.

She turns, looking at you oddly, “Yes Al? If this is about the shopping trip, I stand by what I said, you were adorable in your new nightie,” when you don’t start blushing she frowns, “Is something wrong?”

“It’s just… I wanted to tell you first,” you pause, scratching the back of your neck awkwardly, a small grimace on your lips, “I’m gonna suggest we do the Lost Graveyard tomorrow.”

Whatever cheer Maya still had fades away pretty quick, she responds with a simple, quiet, “Oh,” after a few moments of uncomfortable silence, she speaks up again, “I suppose the loot and rewards will be pretty good as a five man dungeon. I can understand your eagerness I guess.” She smiles, but its fake and you hate it.

You shake your head violently, “No, it’s not about the damn loot. Sure that’s nice, but the point is you deserve to get to crush that place. I know… bad stuff happened last time, but we’re nearly at its level cap, we have great gear, and good teamwork. We won’t just beat that place. We’ll crush it completely,” you say all at once, rolling right over any interruptions she might make.

Maya is looking at you curiously, a bit of her usual cheerfulness back in her eyes, she shakes her head, “Mm, it seems Al can be pretty thoughtful sometimes… I know that we shouldn’t have any problems with it as we are. I suppose I really do need to start putting that behind me…” She muses.

Then she steps forward and engulfs you in a hug, which plants your face firmly in her bosom, you flail a bit, but eventually give in and return the hug, “Like you said, we’ll destroy that place,” Maya releases you, and you step back quickly, drawing a giggle, “I don’t think I’ll ever like running that dungeon though.”

“I don’t expect you too. We do it once, stomp it… and I won’t suggest it again unless you want to,” you say.

“That does make me feel a bit better about it…” She sighs, she smiles a bit, genuinely and wags her finger at you, “On that note though… Al, you and Sera shouldn’t be so reticent. Have fun, do what comes natural. We’re branded, we don’t exactly have all the time in the world.”

“I…. uh…” she takes her leave while your sputtering in the hall, and in the end you retreat to your books. What the hell Maya, you don’t… you don’t know what you want to do with Sera, ugh, what are you supposed to do, just kiss her and see what happens? She’d probably slap you.

[] Plans for tomorrow?
    -390 Gilder

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 11 others like this.
  13. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

[X] Add Ashen Grotto's bonus boss, XP values, etc to the guide.
    [X] Keep Ice Elementalist for now
    [X] Make sure everyone grabs the Blessing of the Savior
    [X] Make sure the whole party is stocked up on consumables

[X] Run Graveyard

14. redaeth

[X] Switch to the Water Elementalist Job
    [X] Head to the Temple and pick up the Blessing of the Savior
    [X] Buy 1 Ether. Make sure the whole party is stocked up on consumables

[X] Head to the Graveyard

15. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] Run Graveyard

16. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

So, wind magic looks like it really keys a good deal off agility. Wind Dancer and Cloak of Winds are very dodge heavy, but we have pretty bad dodge. Other than that we have another short range AoE, with knock-back.

Still, not seeing much of worth there yet, at least compared to any of the other magics.

Very tanky magic.

17. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

-[X]Obliviously, if Blessing of the Saviour activate for anyone, it's instant orb-out, no question asked.

[X] Run Graveyard

Yup, Blessing of Savior is probably good for now. Sera almost died yesterday, and Maya the day before that. Can't afford to just expect being lucky.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Well, we have agility 4, 5 with the Wind job boost. It is pretty good, actually.
    And I like the "dodge tank" undertone in it. We do get hit semi regularly, to have abilities to help being hit less is a good thing to have in my book.

GiftofLove likes this.
  19. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

True, but I suspect that Earth might be the better result for us.

20. redaeth

Actually I'm not getting agility from Wind Dancer. I'm getting Perception. I think it might suit Al perfectly. Plus we got an agility boost from Lesser Undine so it and Cloak will be perfect together.

Hmm, I wonder if Earth boosts constitution? Or strength?

21. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Our Agility with Lesser undine is 4. This is "average person". Without it, we are less than average. So no. Cloak will get our agility to 5, which is "meh".

Earth gives "great defense", so probably constitution.

22. Grosstoad

- [X] Use Wind Elementalist Job Crystal, but equip Fire Magic as your third one for now
    - [X] Summon Frost Guardian before leaving Town

[X] Ask Maya if her pet Uroktor healed or during the night

[X] CRUSH Graveyard

23. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Could be, I expect more armor class, possibly more HP, but like redaeth said, strength boosts, which would be pretty much wasted on us, are probably part of the package as well.

I admit I find the ice/water/wind theme for freezing, pushing back and slowing quite interesting by itself.
    We had a lead on Polar Adept, was it water/ice or ice /wind combination class?

GiftofLove likes this.
  24. redaeth

Perception is 5. It allowed us to noticed Maya under cloak and to navigate that maze first thing. It also helps out in spotting treasures more easily. I wouldn't call that meh.

Though monsters are starting to bypass it. Which just means we have to find a way to raise it. And Wind Magic might help with that.

GiftofLove likes this.
  25. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

yrsillar, does "All attack" from Cloak of wind includes spells, or do you consider 'attack' and 'spell' two different modifiers?
    Why do you talk about perception when i talk about agility?

26. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Run Graveyard
    -[X] Before going tell Sera she means alot to you... ask if later she might want to go somewhere nice together. You can't help but think about what Maya said, and all the close calls which you all have had.

27. redaeth

Polar was Ice Water. Blizzard was Ice Wind.

tenchifew likes this.
  28. redaeth

Because you called 5 agility Meh, and I was rebutting the fact with another stat at 5.

GiftofLove likes this.
  29. Grosstoad

Nooooo~
    Don't trip the Death Flag, Xic!

( :D )

Xicree likes this.
  30. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

yrsillar
    Could you please change our stat page for us to see our base stats and current modifiers from skills/equipment/race?
    I think this would help us plan skill and equipment layout easier.