1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Hey guys, just want to let people know. I'm going to miss tonight/todays update of this. As you might have noticed there has been some increasing errors of late, and I think I need to spend a night just tidying up the back end of the quest and making sure all the parts are moving correctly, so to speak. Updates will resume as normal on Monday.

Falconis, a2znut, darkciel and 6 others like this.
  2. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

[X]Shopping
    -[X] Tell Maya/Anshelm about the info we got, see if Sera wants to grab Earth Elementalist now. She has a slot free, and it's apparently super good for Defense/CC.
    -[X] Purchase Stalwart Cleric for Alice.
    -[X] Everyone should put their "specific dungeon" gear in the vault, and see if we can all pinch in to buy a ton of Amritas to put in the vault, for between-dungeons things.
    -[X] Purchase a swimsuit to use as pajamas.

[X] Check the mission board, It will be good to know if the incoming danger has been reflected in the missions given.
    [X] Head to Ogre's Den D-rank
    -[X]Don't change blessing, as we are currently still doing dungeons we have never done before/etc.
    -[X]Cast out Frost Guardian, like yesterday, upon leaving town.
    -[X] Solo it if you think its within your grasp.
    -[X] Shimah with Sera.

3. Falconis

Falconis Not too sore, are you?

We should fuse ice elementalist with every single base class, and then systematically fuse all those classes with each other, and the results from those etc etc until we only have one class remaining.
    If we have an odd number left, just fuse the remainder with ice elementalist again (or one of the other elements)

4. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

For some reason I want to read that too :O

5. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

That sounds like the kind of thing which is incredibly sub-optimal until we finish it at which point it's amazing.

Falconis and a2znut like this.
  6. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

That will create more classes. We'll get a progressively larger list, not a smaller one.

For example, if we have 9 base classes that fuse with ice elementalist (we'll have more), this gives us 9 green jobs.

Fuse our first green job with each of the other 8.

Then the second fused with all of the rest BUT the first (as that's already been done), then the third with all but the first too, etc.

This nets 8+7+6+5+4+....+1

Or 36 potential blue fusions.

Those 36 would net a potential

648 purple jobs.

Checking for gold, this would be:

209628 possible jobs.

Starting from 9 green jobs.

In practice, the vast majority of these won't exist.

However, checking every possible combination as a goal is rather impractical in the long run, given that we have to level each job to C to check it.

Falconis and a2znut like this.
  7. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah... there aren't THAT many jobs. I'm not quite that crazy yet.

Falconis likes this.
  8. Falconis

Permutations are fun, though I meant in a hierarchy style of fusion where if we have A B C D and fuse to get AB and CD we then fuse those together to get ABCD class. In retrospect this was not clear. Also potentially non existent.
    I apologize.

The maximum possible class list would be a cool thing to work on when we become omnipotent at level ???? tho.

Truely, a task for the ages.
    By the time we would actually be able to get said class completed, we might possibly even qualify for it.

9. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

that is actually what i thought you meant
    because i assumed you weren't crazy and didn't actually mean "fuse AB and CD, AC and BD, AD, and BC" etc

10. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

I know I'm late to the party, but I really got a kick out of this.

Chibi-Reaper and weirdbutgifted like this.
  11. Falconis

I....I don't get it.

Edit: I get it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  12. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

13. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You caught me. I like throwing in occasional silly fantasy references. That said the variation arkeus voted for wins. So soloing. No buying stalwart.

Xicree likes this.
  14. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Dammit Responsibility. Also seems said variation had me forgetting to add "routine check in crystal shop to see if there is any fun green jobs like Necromancy.

15. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You wake up with an annoyed grumble, sleeping in the dry just isn’t quite the same anymore. You do have to give some serious consideration to the idea of snagging a swimsuit to sleep in. Gonna be a bit expensive, since those kinds of things are luxury items, not many poor folks have the sort of facilities necessary to enjoy swimming after all. Trying to use a river or something is a good way to get eaten by demon piranhas or dragged down by things with too many tentacles. No thank you.

You’re rambling in your head again as you strip down and settle in to soak in your bathtub. Point is you might have to lay down some gilder for comfort. Not like you're exactly poor even with the spending you just did.

You idle away some time considering job options while you have your revitalizing soak. Necromancer could be useful, but you aren’t sure you like the aesthetic. On the other hand, if you’re being serious utility is kinda king. You’ll probably want to at least check out Glacial Lady at some point, but the great void of unknown jobs calls to your inquisitive nature. You suppose Sera has the eye lasers covered with bright mage.

Maybe there’s some kind of class that lets you ride around in your guardian? You briefly imagine yourself encased in a gigantic golem of ice, cackling madly as you crush puny monsters. Heh, not bad, something to look into, maybe you could give it spiky claws for fingers… and make them spin for penetration… Nice, or something like an ice cannon set in the chest, that’d be pretty cool. Or maybe you could do some kind of combo with Sera. You have a vague inkling that giant magically controlled humanoids should have beams for some reason.

Anyway, enough soaking, time to head downstairs. You dry off and get dressed, ugh, this dress, how did you forget about this dress.

In any case you head downstairs soon enough, Sera beat you down here like she usually does. “Good morning Al,” she greets you cheerfully as you approach the table. Morning people, what are ya going to do.

You drag a chair out and sit down next to her, “Morning Sera, sleep well?” you ask, covering your mouth as you yawn.

“Yes, I did,” she seems weirdly shy about that answer, glancing down for a moment, and not quite meeting your eyes… you guess you did sort of… kind of ask her out last night.

“So, have you considered picking up Earth Elementalist?” you ask after a moment’s thought, deciding that you would really not like to get into a… feeling-sy conversation at breakfast.

She seems a bit startled by the sudden subject change, but nods easily enough. “I have had some close calls lately, some defense is likely in order. I thought I would pick it up today before we went out.” She pauses, “Besides, if Bright Mage fuses with Metal Elementalist, I imagine throwing molten metal at things will be pretty effective,” she seems rather pleased by the thought.

You consider in your mind the image of Sera armored in white hot liquid metal scorching all that opposes her into less than ash. Yeah, you suppose you can see the draw, no you have no idea why you pictured the armor as molded directly to her skin, shut up brain. “Seems like a pretty decent choice, I could see Lightning and Metal doing something too maybe… some kind of magnetism using job, maybe?”

“Mm, maybe, I’ll have to level them all up anyway, so it can’t hurt to check,” Sera toys with a stray lock of her hair for a moment, before continuing, “Um… I was wondering, with what you said last night… do you maybe want to try and do something this evening?”

“I…” crap, you haven’t even had a chance to research what you’re supposed to do on these kind of things, distraction, distraction… Shimah! “Oh, hey Morning Shimah,” you say a little too cheerfully.

She nods in response to your greeting, but seems to be paying more attention to Sera, “Did you say that Al has ‘asked out you out’?” she asks, though the way she says the phrase is awkward.

Sera blinks, slowly turning pink at the cheeks, “Umm… she did, why do you ask?”

“I see,” Shimah says, frowning slightly, “It seems I owe Maya ten gilder. I was certain you would not make any progress for the remainder of the week at least.”

You blink, what. Were… were they taking bets on how long it would take you to fess up, what the hell? “Shimah, who all was… betting?”

“Just Maya and I, and only after the shopping trip,” Shimah states matter-of-factly. Ugh, at least, it’s just those two…

Sera looks some mix between embarrassed and angry, aaaand her hair is smoking and moving on it’s own again, oh dear. “Just… just why were you betting on something like that!”

“Hmm?” Shimah seems honestly confused at Sera’s anger, “The attraction between the two of you was rather obvious, the only variable was how long it would take one of you to act on it.”

Sera’s shoulders slump as she slips fully back into embarrassed. You pat her on the shoulder. Looking back… yeah, you wouldn’t call it obvious, but…

“Mmhm, Shimah is right. Still I’m happy for you, and not just because I won money out of it,” oh hi Maya, nice to see you too, “Really you too are just so adorable together!”

“Huh, Al and Sera?” there’s Anshelm, he’s glancing between the two of you with some curiosity. Whatever he’s looking for seems to come to him a moment later, and he simply nods once, “Nice.”

You blink, what the hell is that supposed to mean? You suppose it’s congratulatory, but… something about it irks you.

“So, do we have any plans for today?” you ask, very much wanting to change the subject.

“Doing a dungeon that can be done with a smaller group would be helpful. I would like to finish ranking up Shaman on our first dungeon if we can,” Shimah says after a moment.

“Mm… Ogre’s Den would probably be best for that.” Maya says after a moment, “I’ve leveled past the D rank for Goblin, after all.”

“Mm, not real enthused about doing ogre again, we’ve pretty much gotten all the loot from that… As long as we do something more unique for the second dungeon, I’m fine with it though. Maybe we could try Crystal Lake again? We’ve gotten way stronger.” Anshelm throws in.

“We could probably solo ogre… Sera could go with Shimah, the rest of us either have some tanking ability or Maya’s high evasion,” you say.

“That sounds fine with me, as long as we do something else in the afternoon,” Sera sighs, having recovered from her embarrassment.

“Solo D rank for Ogres… I never thought I would say this, but unless the bonus pops I’m not too worried. We still have savior active after all, so we can be a little riskier than normal,” Maya adds thoughtfully.

“We should probably pool all of the ‘sometimes’ loot into the vault too,” you point out.

[Purty Hat] Appears to be a number of gemstones stuck together in a circlet with bits of wire, hide strips and unidentified gunk. Somehow makes you resistant to lightning. 240
    [Cloak of the Bat] Fancy stuff, sleek and black, grants a resistance to confusion. Value 100
    [Drakescale Cloak] Snazzy and stylish, this cloak of drake scales adds to defense and lightning resistance. Value 100
    [Obsidian Shield] A slab of shaped volcanic glass, has a low defense, but very high fire resistance. Chance to burn enemies that strike the user. 130
    [Earthspeaker’s Boots] A pair of rather common looking if finely made boots. The wearer’s earth skills are more potent, and they are more likely to find treasure in the underground.200
    [Warg Hide Boots] Warm and Fluffy. Increases health and resistance to fire. 180

Once breakfast is done you all do a little incidental shopping, Sera grabs Earth eEementalist, which puts her fairly low on gilder, but on the other hand, now she has a passively boosted physical defense, a spell that gives her twenty five health worth of 'shield’ when she casts it and… a mediocre single target damage spell. You grab an amrita to cover the SP spent in summoning your Guardian, but otherwise spend the time chatting with Maya and Anshelm. Maya was looking to get Ninja anyway, but she may put it off to grab Wind, depends on how loot from today goes. Anshelm is just gonna truck along as he is, for now, he is considering getting a magic job… probably Earth just to get Mana absorb though, his lack of SP pool has been bugging him.

Once everyone is set up and ready you head on out, with an eye out for enemies, you summon your guardian and drink your amrita, go time.

-15 Gilder

It’s a good thing you are alert, because getting surprised by the thing that comes lurching from the trees would be a pretty terrible idea.

Your first impression is that it’s big. Not bull drake big, but easily two, maybe three times Shimah’s height big. The second is that it looks like somebody animated an oak tree and infected it with some sort of creeping rot, going by the bubbling ooze running down the cracked bark of its limbs and body.

That is face is locked in a rictus of agony doesn’t help matters as it lurches toward you without making any other sound. Also, level ten, Blighted Ent, how nice.

“It’s weak to fire, immune to poison, half damage from dark,” you bark out, even as you mentally order your guardian forward. Level ten… that should be hard, but doable.

The others would agree you assume, as Sera immediately strikes with a scorching ray that scorches a strip of the things rotten bark hide off its torso. It gives an odd gurgling wail, as Anshelm draws its attention, and he stands firm as the things fist crashes down on his shield, erupting in vile green sap forced from inside it by the resulting pressure.

Oh dear, toxic again, at least Shimah cures it. You consider your options and just lead with an icicle spear. Dark is no good, and aqua prison isn’t gonna hold this thing. Luckily your slow activates, so that’s something.

Maya’s dagger work sends a spray of wet mulch and poison sap from the thing's wounded knee, and Shimah has to heal the resulting poison quick too. Geeze the poison on this thing… Then an odd bulge in the things flesh shudders and bursts open, disgorging a some sort of nasty blob of tumorous plague ridden flesh. Level six, Plague Spawn, even lovelier. At least the howl given by Maya’s pet gives everyone in melee a buff, and the thing seems quite able at tearing into the monster alongside your guardian.

Sera gets to work on killing it with even more fire, and you pop your aqua prison on the Spawn, which luckily can’t escape. This thing… you imagine it would be a lot scarier acting as a spawner for groups, but still between the toxic and the powerful stomps and smashes, it does a lot of damage, even after Shimah has a chance to weaken it. It doesn’t help that it spawns Plague Spawn more often as its health begins to drop.

You actual have to switch to crowd control, along with Sera by the time it hits half, such is the number of spawn starting to build up. Their only attack seems to vomiting toxic gunk all over people and slamming into them… which you learn quite well, in a word, yuck.

Still with all five of you working in tandem, it drops eventually… again, you get the feeling you rather lucked out in encountering it alone, with backup or healing that could have been pretty nightmarish. You have to pop an Ether during the fight though.

Congratulations!
    You have earned

25 XP
    2 Job Points
    23 Gilder

The party has looted
    1 panacea
    1 Hi Potion
    [Plaguebark Gloves] Gloves made of sickly, blackened bark. Grants high resistance to poison and toxic, and increases the potency of poison effects by the user.

“Should probably just stow the consumables in the vault for now,” Anshelm grunts, “Anyone want these gloves, Maya, Shimah?”

“…Perhaps, I would prefer to stay with the Ogre belt until we are back in a large group though,” Shimah says after a moment.

“Mm, no thank you, I’m happy with my boots and hat at the moment,” Maya says.

Mm, Sera and you aren’t really interested either, so into the vault they go.

You reach the ogre den in relative peace after that, no more nasty beasts in any case, and split up there, with a few assurances of caution passed around. Time to see if you can manage D rank on your own… well you’ll have your guardian, but that hardly counts.

The first room is as you remember, it, a big ol’ cave with a gaggle of ogre runts led by a big one. You step back and send your guardian forward, letting it engage first, via a tooth crunching fist to an ogre's face, and then let loose with a frost spray. Damage isn’t great, but the slow is worth it, and it heals most of the damage from the first round of ogre hits on your guardian.

After that it’s just a matter of keeping your guardian topped off and wearing them down. And occasionally ordering your guardian to concentrate when an individual ogre seems to be trying to go for you. Pretty easy all things told. Second room isn’t much harder, there’s a Chucker, but you pop him in an aqua prison, and although it’s a near thing, he stays stuck. After that, it’s just a matter of repeating the last room. You do have to take an Amrita to stay at a healthy level of SP though, soloing is kinda draining.

The next room is where things get dicey, this is the Ogre Magi’s room, and there are two Chuckers and few more full sized ogres. Here is where keeping your guardian alive starts getting hard. It can take the hits, but the ogres are doing more damage than you can reliably heal with frost spray. You have a to throw an occasional icicle spear its way to keep it topped up until things stabilize, you also take a pretty painful exploding rock to the face when a Chucker gets out of its prison and manages an attack in your distraction. Potion and Ether down the drain.

For the boss… well you decide to change things up, it’s a little more risky… but in the end you decide to activate both of your aura spells, and wade in just behind your guardian. The cold aura gives it a degree of regen, and the dark one weakens the enemies. After that it’s just a matter of laying about with your spells, knocking runts off their feet with waves and slowing or freezing them with frost spray and popping a vampiric ray off whenever you get hit. You use up another couple Amrita, but in the end, the top hat wearing ogre falls before you with an earth shaking thud.

Congratulations!
    You have earned
    240 XP
    24 Job points
    360 Gilder

You have looted
    4 potions
    3 amrita
    1 Hi potion
    1 Ether
    [Bawws Stick] A crude wooden staff, or rather a small tree with a skull affixed to the top. Provides a boost to spell damage and the duration of status effects. 260
    [Axe Warrior Job Crystal] Ever want to split skulls with an axe? Well this is the job for you. Value: 300

Huh, not a whole lot of loot really, but you guess you can’t complain, that’s a decent money value and you weren’t really expecting useful loot from this. On the other hand, your Mana Absorb ranked up, it now restores six SP per room. Still not amazing, but if it keeps doubling like that it’ll get there quick. You leveled up too, which is nice. You collect your loot and, in the interest of saving inventory space, stuff most of the potions in the vault.

Shimah and Sera are already waiting outside when you emerge, and you catch a flicker of relief from Sera as you emerge in good form.

“Hey Sera, how’d it go?” you ask.

“Ah, we ran into the bonus boss…. There were a couple of close calls, but we brought it down,” Sera seems pretty happy about that and no wonder.

“Hah, nice job Sera,” you respond cheerfully, casting a glance at Shimah, who looks amused for some reason, “You too Shimah.”

“It was a challenge, but well within our abilities, given Sera’s damage output.” Shimah says, passing the praise to Sera.

Sera seems to be waiting for… something, what is she… you go ahead and clap her on the shoulder, “Make that great job then, how was the loot?”

She seems slightly disappointed for some reason, “Mostly the same junk. I did get a set of gauntlets that boost lightning though, I guess I can switch out for them at Ashen Grotto,” Sera pauses, “Ah, Miss Shimah, didn’t you gain a new skill as well?”

“I did, I will explain it once everyone is out though,” Shimah says.

Maya emerges soon enough, looking not much worse for the wear, normal run, nothing special in the loot. Anshelm’s tale is similar when he emerges, looking a bit bored, he got another axe warrior crystal though.

Once everyone is out Shimah explains her new skill, Totems. Essentially once she ‘creates’ a totem, it lasts for the remainder of the room, casting a single spell automatically every other 'tick'. Right now she has one that can cast her basic heal, and one that can cast her strength debuff, but she can only have one out at a time.

So, what do you want to do next?

[]Planz

Al Lv6
    Ice Elementalist C
    Health 53/74
    SP 67/96

Maya Lv6
    Dual Blade Hunter C
    Health 69/81
    Sp 21/40

Anshelm Lv6
    Spear Warrior C
    Health 164/200
    SP 42/52

Shimah Lv6
    Shaman D
    Health 83/96
    SP 75/105

Seraphine Lv6
    Fire Elementalist C
    Health 64/75
    Sp 65/87

kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 13 others like this.
  16. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Sera, I'm sorry but you are the one who is going to have to take the initiative for kisses. Al doesn't get subtle hints.

[X] Head to Desecrated Fort

Also nice, everyone is level 6.

Grosstoad likes this.
  17. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Okay, that worked really well. Definitely would like to push that again tomorrow. Right now, Dark is almost certainly going to hit D soon, and Water's 12 away from C.

Ice elementalist is already halfway to B. If we can earn 12 today from CL D then we have decent odds of hitting a B rank job in 2 days (Assuming we farmed Ogre's Den on both and no one outlevels it).

Right now, I'd suggest we buy Sera that bunnygirl COMPLETELY PRAGMATIC race-mod this evening if it's on the shop and look for necromancer.

I'm not adverse to trying Desecrated Fort, but It's far away and I don't think we know the party size iirc? I'd rather go for it in the morning and swap out dark for fire this evening (Dark's virtually guaranteed to be near useless and ice seems similarly weak on undead,. Golem's too sexy to skimp, so drop ice for fire) Also I'd suggest we plan to hold off it it's a 5 man dungeon.

For now:

[X] Crystal Lake D rank, Time for Revenge!

yrsillar: How does Earth's shield work with overflow damage? Is it effectively just 25 bonus HP or is it a seperate healthpool that depletes first? IE: If an enemy hit Sera for 80 damage in one shot and she had her shield up, would it destroy the shield and overflow into Sera's HP or 'target' the shield and stop after dropping that to 0?

18. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

[X] Crystal Lake D rank, Time for Revenge!
    The Totem, Warg and Frost Guardian should make this very much a breeze, and this way we can level Dark to D before we do the Desecrated Fort tomorrow (and so we can swap Dark for something else, probably fire).

I am actually hoping we get the Bonus Boss here :)
    yrsillar, is the shield from Earth targeted 'before' the individual?

EDIT: It did seem like Anshelm really wants that revenge :)

19. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Its effectively just twenty five bonus HP at the moment.

Darkened likes this.
  20. redaeth

If we're going to switch out Dark I'd instead want to start leveling Wind. Not to enthused about fire honestly.

21. ward201

ward201 he/him

So what does she consider the proper number of tentacles?

22. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Alice: Do you see tentacles? Then there are too many tentacles.

Rapey_Lemons, Nyrath, Guile and 4 others like this.
  23. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Okay, dungeons we haven't done yet that are good 'challenge' areas.

Desecrated Fort (8) is probably the next easiest though it may be a 5 man, and thus harder than CL. Either way, our skills are iffy there at the moment.
    Crystal Lake D/Drake's Nest D are probably doable. On the other hand we have plenty of time before we outlevel them.

Counting today, that's 2 more days of dungeons (assuming 1 full party/1 'grind'). In the best case scenario this will bring us to Ice Elementalist B, after which we have the problem of training up a new job and may have to put off higher content for a little.

Ogre's Den C/Wailing Cavern C - will probably be a bit hard. I'd want to at least wait a little more, but we'll probably swap jobs to hexer or water elementalist at that point and drop in efficiency, which will mean these get put off a fair deal probably. By the time we finish the other 3 above this, we can probably take these two.

Tomb of Worms(10) is iffy. In particular the toxic worries me with regards to Shimah's action economy. Getting hexer and leveling the heal skill till we can double-up with Shimah on detoxing would be solid here.

And Devil's Eye (12) is probably still a good half a week away at the earliest, unless it's, say, a 2-man dungeon

If any of our 3 unknown dungeons are nearby each other, I'd like to swing by and check them out to learn the suggested party size, though I expect ToW will be at least a 4-man.

Issues going forward: Actually, we're about to hit a hard part. People are starting to max their first jobs. We'll shift to the next set for fusion but that will mean a temporary drop in actual ability. Sera, Anshelm and Al will do this at around the same time probably, which will have consequences. We're also about to outlevel our best source of JP farming to quickly deal with that issue. Ultimately that's a 2-5 day period where we'll have issues, after which GREEN JOB GET and everyone tiers up.

Hopefully this will happen before the big event, though we may be able to buy or find a good green job earlier. Of course we can also swap back to ice elementalist if we have nothing green yet at that time.

Personally I'd rather level hexer (diversity of skills, more freedom in our party arrangements to meet the increased variety of dungeons we'll see at higher levels and heading toward WW)

24. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Yay...
    +Toad is in a morose state+

Anyway...
    Is the staff that Sera currently uses better or worse than Bawws' Stick?

[X] Crystal Lake D-rank

tenchifew likes this.
  25. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Lol, Sera what do you even want? I don't think you know yourself.

We should ride the golem around. Keep it healed with aura.

Darkened likes this.
  26. redaeth

My guess it is better then Bawss Stick. Drake's Nest is a higher level of dungeon.

27. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Hahahah!!!

I love Al's mad science kick... we MUST have it ^_^

Super golem mecha!!!

28. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Only 83 more JP to level Divine Eye and pray that we finally get to see magic boost or whatever on our staffs....

29. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Crystal Lake D/Drake's Nest D are both good for us I think gear-wise, and might even be good experience-wise. Desecrated Fort (8) Is probably going to be a bit easier than GG C-rank, as both are level 8, one is 5-man and E-rank, and the other is 3-man and C-rank. Hard to say though.

Anyway, those seems like the ones we can most easily do right now.

Those, along with Ashen Grotto C-rank, are ones I want to do at least once before we switch Job, so we can somewhat counter-act the sudden-weakness of a low-rank Job by having potentially very good equipment.

OTOH, when we actually have switched Jobs... It will be back to GG C-rank, CL D/Drake Nest D-rank for the more difficult dungeons. We might try to farm Wailing Cavern/Ashen Grotto D-rank with smaller groups though if we are still level 7 at the time (doubtful).

Yeah, I expect those will only be once we are level 8+ and have gotten our first fusion.
    Don't forget that while the Job itself will weaken us, our magic will continue growing- We'll be getting B-rank Ice and B-rank Water during that time. Maybe even B-rank Dark.

30. redaeth

Oh hey Cat's Curiosity and Magician's Blood should level next dungeon as well. Yay for better loot drops.

Huh... I wonder if you can fuse either of those with something?