1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior's Blue (Naruto OC Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Leingod, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: OP & Character Creation
    Leingod

Leingod Immaculate Blooming Lotus

Ah, graduation day. When young children make the big step into the wide, open world as full-fledged child soldiers, ready to kill and die at the commands of their elders…

I mean, when bright-eyed young men and women take their first steps as brave ninja, ready to fight to protect their home and the people they care about! Yeah, that sounds better. Here’s your hitai-ite, you’ll be assigned a team and mentor shortly, and make sure to report in to get your picture taken for your ID at the scheduled time!

Now I know you might feel like you’ve been overshadowed during your time here at Konoha’s Ninja Academy. It’s kind of hard not to be, in a generation that will one day be known almost exclusively as the one that produced…

[] The Sannin

*Starts at age 6 and will be 50 years old at the time that the canon story would’ve started.

[] The Yellow Flash

*Starts at age 10 and will be 36 years old at the time that the canon story would’ve started.

[] The Clan-Killer

*Starts at age 12 and will be 22 at the time that the canon story would’ve started.

… but that doesn’t mean that you aren’t destined for great things yourself! It just means you’ll need to work hard and apply yourself diligently to be recognized. After all, you’ve been one of the most impressive students in your entire graduating class, so I’m sure that one day your name will resound through-

Wait, what was your name again? I think I’ve given this speech too much… I mean…! Ah, forget it.

[] Haruno Tōka

You’re going to be the first ninja in the family! The Haruno were some of the first civilians to settle in Konoha and established the village’s first store for dried goods (i.e. textiles and personal care products), which remains a mildly prosperous establishment to this day that’s most famous for a particularly vibrant and evenly-colored pink cloth made through a secret family dying method. You’ve got three older siblings, so you’re not likely to inherit the family shop, so when a ninja friend of your parents told them you’d make a good ninja, they didn’t need too much convincing to let you sign up for the academy.

Most members of the Haruno family seem to have a certain “look” to them; namely, bright green eyes, bright pink (or, more rarely, vibrant red...) hair, slender builds, delicate skin, and soft features. It leads to a lot of Haruno men being mistaken for women (and the family’s tendencies for floral names doesn’t exactly help), and though it’s too young to tell so far how you’ll turn out, it’s already starting to look like you’re going to have that problem in spades. Don’t be surprised if your classmates gossip about whether you’re secretly a girl.

You’re definitely a standout student when it comes to the more intellectual side of your studies; you’re consistently the highest-scoring in the written exams, you soak up knowledge like a sponge, and your teachers have nothing but good things to say about your talent for stuff like chakra control. If only that translated to the physical stuff, like taijutsu… Not that you’re terrible at it or anything, but “above-average” is about the best you’ve ever scored there. But hey, no one learned how to break genjutsu better than you did, so maybe you’ll be good at that once you start learning how to actually do them?

[] Ōtsutsuki Tenrai

You don’t have any idea where you come from; you were just found on the doorstep of the orphanage one day, swaddled up with a piece of paper that just had a name and an emblem, neither of which anyone could place. It was raining on that morning, and the skies were a dull, melancholy gray; one of the workers jokes that the rain washed away all the color from you, which is why your skin, hair and eyes are all almost completely white.

As far as you can tell, you haven’t inherited some kind of kekkei genkai or anything, unless natural talent counts as such. You’ve got a natural talent for what seems like all the ninja arts; it all just seems to come naturally to you, and you learn at a very advanced rate with much less time or effort. Not that you’re unmotivated or anything; you couldn’t have come so close to becoming the Rookie of the Year if you were without some measure of diligence, after all.

You don’t know any of the techniques that aren’t taught as part of the academy’s curriculum, but your skill with all the basic foundations of the ninja arts is probably the best of your peers, and you’re at least in the top 3 in your class in terms of both knowledge and tactical thinking.

[] Aoki Ranmaru

Ninja? You’re a samurai, thank you very much! Seems I got the wrong kid; sorry about that!

And you’re a citizen of the Land of Iron, not Fire. Some may find the well-stocked embassies the Land of Iron has in every country on the continent an oddity, given their neutral, even isolationist, stance, but that’s naïve. The Land of Iron’s position as an inviolate neutral power can’t be kept by sealing up the borders and burying their heads in sand, but something to be actively cultivated and maintained.

Besides, every daimyō wants at least a few bodyguards and agents on hand who aren’t ultimately beholden to the nearest Hidden Village, and they need a reliable middleman to broker such deals. Ergo, your family are semi-permanent residents of both the capital of the Land of Fire and the Village Hidden in the Leaves, moving between the two as needed. Of course, you’ve also occasionally taken trips back to the Land of Iron to learn directly from the great samurai masters of your homeland. Obviously, you aren’t about to become a genin or anything, but this is the day that you are acknowledged as a full-fledged samurai; some people call such young samurai "ashigaru," to create some comparison with the ninja's "genin." As such, you’ll be undergoing a ceremony of adulthood and being given your own sword, and even duties and missions to carry out.

Men of the Aoki usually grow to be quite tall and handsome (though you're a bit short right now), though they often have problems taming their naturally unruly hair, and so the slicked-back hairstyle is a popular one. Your hair is a deep blue and your eyes a piercing blue, and you often wear various shades of blue in your clothes.

The Aoki are a recognized and well-established clan of samurai; they don’t have some special kekkei genkai or anything, but they do have their own secret techniques, passed along only through those within the family line. This includes a unique fighting style that is noted for its fast but deceptive movements and its skill in fighting at very close quarters by seamlessly blending unarmed combat and weapon techniques. At least one of an Aoki's two swords will usually be a kodachi, and often both of them will be.

[] Write-In

Senju/Uchiha and other attempts to min-max bloodlines are not allowed, nor is a Kaguya with the bloodline unlocked. Pretty much everything else is fine (no jinch!), and you can have as much or as little detail as you like, though I'd like something that uses the above options as a model for how much to include. You can even just go with the exact stuff I outlined above and make the character a girl instead, if you really want.

---X---

AN: The name "Tōka" means "peach blossom." If taken, the Haruno's relation to Sakura is dependent on the starting period, being either a great-aunt or uncle, an uncle/aunt, or a cousin.

The name "Tenrai" can mean "heaven-sent." If taken, the Ōtsutsuki's relationship to the rest of their clan is something to be discovered through play, as is whatever expression of the Ōtsutsuki's myriad powers they may or may not develop.

I kind of just threw in the samurai option for kicks. "Aoki" can be spelled as "Blue Tree" (well, actually green, because "ao" is a word that doesn't distinguish between blue and green), while Ranmaru means "perfect circle" and is just kind of seen as an archetypal name for a "young samurai" kind of character. Also, the fighting style is a reference to a certain ninja in the otherwise (former) samurai-heavy cast of Rurouni Kenshin.

SneakyRock and Derpmind like this.
  2. Threadmarks: Character Sheets and Stuff, Probably
    Leingod

You can post now.

3. deamen1989

deamen1989 Getting sticky.

[x] The Sannin
    [x] Ōtsutsuki Tenrai

4. Derpmind

Derpmind Versed in the lewd.

[X] The Yellow Flash
    [X] Haruno Tōka

It's cool you're willing to do the samurai, it'd certainly be an unusual choice. Unfortunately I like the most generic choice best, heh. Edited.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Leingod

In fairness, I don't think I've seen a quest with an Ōtsutsuki protagonist before.

Derpmind likes this.
  6. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

Is this a separate quest from the one in the NSFW section, or the same?

7. Leingod

Separate.

Derek58 likes this.
  8. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] The Sannin
    [X] Haruno Tōka

9. Questionable_Quester

Questionable_Quester Versed in the lewd.

[X] The Yellow Flash
    [X] Aoki Ranmaru

10. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

If this really is a separate Quest, then I think it would work better if it had a different main character and timeframe (and also name):

[X] The Yellow Flash
    [x] Aoki Ranmaru

Also, I'm voting for Yellow Flash since Mifune fills the role of badass Samurai in the Sannin time period

11. Leingod

What, you don't want to study under him while he's in his prime?

12. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

[X] The Clan-Killer
    [X] Aoki Ranmaru

And pass the chance of doing so when hes starting to become and old wise mentor?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  13. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

By appearing at this time, Aoki could be the inspiration for his generation of Samurai whereas the Sannin timeline would have Mifune out and about being a badass so he would get overshadowed

14. Leingod

Because training the Sannin at the exact same time (and age) led to Sarutobi Hiruzen, one of only three people in history to be titled "God of Shinobi," getting overshadowed somehow?

15. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Fame is a lot harder to come by for Samurai than it is for ninja.

Also you got what I was saying in reverse; I was saying that Aoki would likely be overshadowed by Mifune's actions

16. Omida

Omida Making yakitori

[X] The Yellow Flash
    [X] Haruno Tōka

17. Nexusflamehart

Nexusflamehart Fried Rice Addict

Leingod

You said that we could mixmash bloodlines, Could we be a Hyuuga/Uchiha Mix? (My initial guess is no, but I have some more that might actually be allowed)

• An Inuzuka/Nara brat who has the basic instincts of an Inuzuka but the Bloodline of the Nara, ends up making his own dogs out of Shadows since he doesn't get them from the Inuzuka Clan.
    • Nightmare fuel Nara/Aburame kid Natural Talent in the Kage Mane Jutsu and has a small colony of Kikaichu that he uses to extend his shadows and provide distractions.
    • Akimichi/Inuzuka Super Large Fang over Fang is worth a hundred burgers
    • That one weird Smoke Body Clan and the Hozuki
    • Akimichi/Nara - Creates the "Grand Army Capture Technique" by combining the Supersize form of Akimichi and the Nara's Kage Mane
    ...I'll think of more after you approve or deny these

18. Leingod

Gonna say no.

The Nara techniques aren't a bloodline, they're secret techniques.

Assuming both clans would actually be willing to teach this mixed kid their secret techniques, up to the point of implanting kikaichū at birth for the Aburame.

I mean, that's basically just a somewhat improved version of the Akimichi's glorified Spin-Dash.

So you want a light breeze to be potentially fatal to you, crossed with... gills?

Again, this is assuming that both clans are going to train you in their secret techniques instead of just one clan or the other claiming you as their own. If you want to do this kind of synergy, a better idea would probably be to combine at least one clan that has an actual kekkei genkai instead of trying to cross two clans that require years of training to get anything special.

Derpmind and TRm like this.
  19. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

These are some pretty cool ideas but, from what I can tell, the Nara shadow techniques aren't actually a bloodline; it's just a series of techniques that they keep within the clan.
    Honestly, I think the same might be said by all of the above clans except that certain body/chakra types work with the techniques better others and each of the clans selectively bred those traits.
    Those abilities would actually be more like the Jyuken; something that theoretically anyone could learn but to get the best possible results you need a certain attribute/natural disposition.

20. Nexusflamehart

Hozuki are water body, you're thinking Hoshigaki. Honestly, I have no particular plan on how that would actually work, I just thought it'd be funny

21. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Exactly what do you think that would produce?

water and smoke would probably make mud or some other viscous liquid/semi-solid... maybe poison if everything aligned perfectly but it doesn't seem likely

EDIT:

A better combination for the Hozuki would be either Ice or Scorch release

22. Leingod

Ah, right. Gonna say... no. Either the Iburi are total gimps because a little light breeze can kill them, or they're stupid OP because they're essentially invincible super-ghosts in smoke form. That on top of the Hozuki would just be absurd in one way or the other. And I don't really want to try to parse out what "turn into smoke" and "turn into water" could possibly synergize as.

TRm likes this.
  23. Nexusflamehart

• Hyuuga/ Magnet Release (Iron)
    • Rinha Clan (Chakra Absorbtion/Appearance Duplication)/ Sharingan (I expect this to get the ban hammer as well)
    • Swift Release/ Byakugan
    • Nara/ Uzumaki (Sealing Chains)
    • Jiongu (Earth Grudge Fear)/ Sharingan (Just for Lolz) - Kid starts out as an Uchiha and doesn't awaken the Jiongu until his first human kill
    • Sharingan/ Yamanaka Clan (Predict Movements then switch bodies)
    Leingod

At this point I'm doing it for the lulz, I'll keep going till I run out of viable techs or something sticks

24. Leingod

... Sure. You don't specify a kind of metal for Magnet Release, though.

No.

Sure.

That's not how that works.

That's not a bloodline, it's a forbidden technique that Kakuzu stole when he defected from Taki.

Yeah, sure.

25. Nexusflamehart

It's actually not something that Kakazu created, rather it is a Kinjutsu that he stole from Waterfall before defecting.

Since the Uzumaki Sealing Chains don't seem to actually need to be taught (since the only examples we have of Uzumaki being able to use it are Kushina, who may have been instructed by Mito, and Karin, who's mother died before she would have been viable to train as a Kunoichi, there's as good chance a that it is more of an instinctual ability as it is something that needs to be researched). I also thought it might be interesting to have an ever-energetic Nara, not to mention the synergy between hidden shadow control and blatant chains which cast their own shadows.

So it is accepted, but our choice of metal is up to fate? I'm down with that.

26. Leingod

You need a certain kind of chakra which is rare among the Uzumaki on top of their normal bloodline, i.e. a slightly altered version of the Senju's "Body of the Sage" dealie. Also, the idea that the Nara are a "clan of lazy geniuses" is pure fanon; nowhere is the laziness or the intelligence of Shikaku and his descendants noted as something at all emblematic of the Nara at large.

27. Nexusflamehart

• Ice Release/ Boil Release - Able to control the temperature of water vapor to rapidly heat into steam or rapidly cool and create Ice
    • Unawakened Darkness Release (I expect you to say no to this, but since you're offering a baby demi-god alien as a choice I figured I may as well present it as a choice)
    • Ketsuryugan (Controls Iron in user's blood)/ Magnet Release
    • Steel Release/ Kaguya Clan
    • Crystal Release/ Kaguya Clan
    Leingod

28. Leingod

No to everything except the first one. If you're a Kaguya, you're just a Kaguya, and Darkness Release and that edgy-ass blood eye can go hump a stump.

Koled and TRm like this.
  29. Nexusflamehart

I think I'm done with these for now, that was fun. Also, I agree on the Darkness Release thing

30. Questionable_Quester

Questionable_Quester Versed in the lewd.

Shoto Todoroki?

Nexusflamehart likes this.