1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Yes, but computers are far less advanced than Creation :V

And they still gets patches and stuff and needs to restart. Creation is immensely advanced/complicated, having a few days every year to calibrate settings and data and stuff makes sense from a development perspective. Make sure that your creation Creation works properly and has fail-safes and proper documentation and maintenance cycles.

vyor likes this.
  2. drakean

drakean Versed in the lewd.

Basically I want to force the gold faction Sidereal to either let the prophecy resolve or exert more effort to stop it. My Twilight Sorcerer is an incredibly petty person, so when the Sidereal insulted him/interfered in a criminal investigation I decided to get a bit of revenge. The options were a Sorcerous Work to paint his tavern hot pink or a prophecy to inconvenience him.

Attempts to murder my Sorcerer would then take it from petty vengeance to wrath of the gods. Unless the Sidereal actually succeeds in instantly killing him, my Sorcerer would return the favor. And in a fight, I put good money on my god slaying Sorcerer. Plus the Sidereal would piss off four Solars and four Lunars if he tried.

3. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I am not saying it doesn't make sense, I am saying it is less rock steady than a 2018 computer. Which is indicative of its development not being fully mature yet. As in, the titans were probably not completely done making improvements. It is certainly usable and useful, but there is also room for improvement.

4. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

While in theory that can be done by Solars, or presumably gods, we only know of it actually happening a single time.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    kinglugia, vyor and mrttao like this.
  5. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

A computer that no longer has the original genius developers working on it, while being constantly beset by data corruption (shadowlands/underworld), bugs (tangled fate), hackers (Infernals, Raksha, others), overworked moderators and admins (Sidereals), lost data from a spiteful programmed (SwLiHN three sphere cataclysm), stuff I forget about, and so on.

Seriously, it's a miracle that it's working as well as it does.

Wwind, kinglugia, vyor and 2 others like this.
  6. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Yep
    Hypothetically, I see no reason why not. Sufficiently powerful and organized solars should be able to create miracles and pick up the slack now that the titans are not available. After all, the solars did build the first age with amazingly advanced magitech after defeating the titans and before the usurpation.
    ... on the other hand, the fact that the first age solars were never able to permanently resolve the deadlands and neverborn is an argument against. Although that might have been lack of will rather than lack of ability.

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  7. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

That's adding/altering the existing framework.
    Solars can't create an entirely new and unconnected-from-the-previous Creation, but they are perfectly capable of Wyld-shaping on new bits and letting Creation's automated systems integrate things as necessary...or not, as the case may be with loads of it having failed or having been destroyed already.

8. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

I don't think there'll ever be the time where Creation can be said to be 'finished'. I think even if Primordial keep tweaking it until it become Gunstar setting, they'll still keep tweaking it, too.

The same with Solar and such, obviously. Maybe even DB/Sidereal/Lunar.

You sort of can. Wyld-Stabilizing artifact/charm do exist, it's just... like, why would you?

That, and as stated, the reason why Creation is important is because Creation is conceptually important, by tying them to pillars and such. Nobody says you can't create your own Creation, but it'll always be measured based on.. well, Creation.

1986ctcel likes this.
  9. Sydonai

Sure you can, do you have five extra Elemental Poles and a network of Ivory Obelisks and an extra Order-Affirming Trade Pattern and....etc.
    Point is that while you may theoretically be able to create a new Creation realistically it took over a score of Primordials with something to prove to carve out the first one, and this was their second attempt.

mrttao and Jarudazuigu like this.
  10. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

That won't do the trick. Creation is the metaphysical centre of the universe. That's not something that can be replicated while Creation exists.

11. Sydonai

It's the "center of the universe" by virtue of nothing else existing.

Obviously if a second existed then they would, by definition, mark either opposite sides or opposite ends of the Wyld.
    Which would restrict it even more via defining it's limitations. ...I wonder what would happen if you created three extra worlds, thereby defining the Four Cardinal Points of existence...

mrttao likes this.
  12. Valette-Serafina

No, it's the centre of the universe by virtue of being the centre of the universe. When the creation knockoff was created, that didn't change.

13. Sydonai

...Then Zen-Mu would be the center of the universe and Creation nothing but the pathetic imitation.

Wwind and Jarudazuigu like this.
  14. Void Between Comments

Void Between Comments A Hole in Reality

I thought Creation was the center of the wyld by virtue of both being a reality engine that enforces causality and being the only (major) non-wyld thing in an infinite volume of wyld. Hypothetically if you made another casualty enforcement device (or some weird alternate time flow enforcer) the halfway point would probably be the center of the universe.

As for the other realms changing this:
    • Zen-Mu is probably gone and even if it wasn't it still doesn't enforce casualty.
    • Malfeas, Yu-Shan, and the Underworld are all extensions of creation (currently) in some form or another.
    • Autochthonia is hidden in a pocket dimension in a seal thats probably in creation considering the Locust Crusade is a possibility. So even if Autochthon built a back-up casualty device its still in creation.
    • The knock off creation is destroyed and probably lacked a casualty engine considering its a knock off made by one primordial thats probably similar to the Ebon Dragon or Szoreny.
    • As far as I'm aware all known wyld shaping methods just make more chunks of Creation/Underworld/[Insert Primordial Here] so even if disconnected from Creation they're still a part of creation.
    • Gnosis is either one of Gaia's world bodies or is a part of creation.
    So in short to move the center of the universe make a new casualty device then draw the half way point between it and the center of creation. Otherwise you can make a piece of creation significantly far from the rest of it so that the center changes by a significant amount, easy!

Disclaimer: May not actually be easy. Please check with your GM before moving the center of the universe for side effects.

15. Valette-Serafina

Except that Zen-Mu wasn't ever the centre. They didn't build that into it. It was never as solid as Creation, never self-sustaining. It didn't anchor linear time. It was just a playground for the Primordials.

Creation was better made.

Raging Iron Thunder likes this.
  16. UrsaTempest

Yeah, Zen-Mu never get long ass write-up how Primordial really ensure it'll be the center of the universe.

17. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So instead of trying to make Creation 2.0 the center of the universe, make four other worlds simultaneously to either support Creation's failing infrastructure, or just as the Cardinal Directions to Creation's Center!

18. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Would be easier to deal with everything working to tear down Creation instead :V

It's not that Creation is "passively" failing from just working. Creation is simply not cared for like in the past.

mrttao, 1986ctcel and Sydonai like this.
  19. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

Creation, if successfully isolated from the Wyld would also fall apart. After all all the Motes of Essence that Creation uses comes from somewhere, right?:p
    Were Fair Folk smart, they would just wall-off Creation and wait till it eats iself out.

Sydonai likes this.
  20. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Yeah, humans. Whole reason they created the little self turning prayer wheels.

Wwind, mrttao, kinglugia and 2 others like this.
  21. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

They process Essence in the form of prayers IIRC, but they do not create it.

22. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

As they are of the Wyld, I doubt that they'd be able to do anything like that. Raksha are also drawn to Creation so again, even if some of them decided to do it, they'd meet resistance from others of their kin. It is also an idea that assumes that nobody would notice a "wall" being built.

Edit: Also, they're Raksha, they can't achieve something without people handing it to them on a silver platter. And even then they will grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wwind and mrttao like this.
  23. Jarudazuigu

Fair Folk are not smart. They are whiny brats, compared with their cousins the Primordials. The Fair Folk stuck in Creation? They think, because they ape Creation, they feel because they ape Creation. Any among them that isn't mediocrity emo-bodied? Gets a visit from Luna, for a dinner.

Were some Fair Folk willing to build such a 'wall' ... it would require using the Shinma of Separation. I think.
    Only really seriously developed Fair Folk, who are on the way to Primordial-hood, probably can do so.
    They also get visits from Luna.;)

mrttao likes this.
  24. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Jarudazuigu, could you please stop it with the childish insults to pretty much all characters in the setting, named or not? Every other post or so of yours is full of baseless insults and conclusions. At least let us read through your terrible reasoning without your shitty disrespect of the setting.

25. Jarudazuigu

What fucking insults to imaginary characters?:eek:
    Luna EATS fair folk regularly. It's her canonical modus operandi. They are candy for Luna? It is also part of her job, to leave only bad role models for newbie Fair Folk that float from the Wyld, because otherwise Creation is fucked.

mrttao likes this.
  26. UrsaTempest

... it's never stated what Luna does, exactly, except general 'protecting Creation'. Which can inlcude eating faes, yes. But it is hardly her MO.

27. Jarudazuigu

It's stated in Glories on High:Luna. What she does, how she does and to whom and why. It includes every horrible deed you can imagine.

mrttao likes this.
  28. Sydonai

Her duties include riding a giant fae-killing satellite through the night sky.
    That's what the "Moon", more properly called The Silver Chair of Night, does; it calcifies the Wyld and it's inhabitants at the edge of Creation back into reality to undo the melting-into-primal-chaos effect that happens without Adrian there to beat it back.

mrttao and Jarudazuigu like this.
  29. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

don't forget the whole "having sex with the world" (gaia)

30. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

That's not a duty and Gaia is not Creation.

Sydonai likes this.