1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

"Damn it, I forgot where I left my abomination against nature! Honey, did you see what bay we left the abomination against nature?"
    "I told you to write it down, dear. This always happens when we take our alien into town."

Avalon's going to have some strange issues...

I win! I expected you to take the obvious solution, because everyone else expected you not to!

Or... I just read and don't actually pin my hopes on any one outcome at all. Which is to say I cheat. Because it works.

2. SorTeia

SorTeia Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Wow, "hey get with this girl you were mind fucked into liking or were breaking up"

And then Theo goes along with it with barely any resistance.

He found her physically appealing and dream girl advanced that to full blown attraction against his will.

I hope the entire relationship crashes and burns cause that whole scene was fucked.

3. Daunmi

It would be interesting if they all try it for a bit, and Theo and Riley realize they don't have any real feelings for each other, it's just a crush, and they both get over it.

It then becomes a story that no one lets them live down.

4. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

The whole thing with Dream Girl is that she hijacks feelings. Theo was attracted to Dream Girl as Clarice only because he was already attracted to Clarice.

5. Asunder

Asunder Getting out there.

This is...pretty weird and not in a good way. I feel that an analysis of Theo and Missy's relationship is needed. I know that Tananari will hate this but I really didn't pay attention to how it developed so can someone give a refresher?

6. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Theo was placed in Arcadia after being recruited by Pantheon and Missy has a thing for honorable gentlemen. See also: Gallant.

Snake/Eater, TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  7. tarrangar

tarrangar Versed in the lewd.

Then there is the fact that far more guys than girls would like to date multiple people, due to the fact that in genetic imperative a girls genes tell her too find the absolutely best father for her kids, whereas a guys genes tells him too prefer girls with good genes, but having multiple girls is a plus since it means more offsprings.

Edit in nature lots of flock based species have multiple females too every male lions are the most well known example of this.

PineTreeq, Diller, TanaNari and 4 others like this.
  8. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

"Welcome to Pantheon."

But seriously, I think this is as healthy a relationship as Riley is likely to get for quite some time, and I think this Theo is actually man enough to treat both girls well, and I think this Missy is the right combination of manipulative and selfless to act as social lubrication -- so I kinda think that the whole thing might not be doomed to end in fire, tears, black holes, and flesh-eating super-plagues.

But either way, I'll be here with my bowl of popcorn, enjoying the show.

Simonbob, PineTreeq, Alayne and 6 others like this.
  9. Lantalia

Lantalia Making the rounds.

Not the happiest way to introduce someone to poly, but you can't really expect perfect communication and emotional maturity from teenagers. I think Missy could have managed it without the blackmail with a much longer conversation.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  10. Daunmi

I wonder if, behind the scenes, Lisa's organizing some sort of redaction of Bonesaw's kill order and a reassessment of her crimes based on 'new findings' regarding how much Jack Slash twisted her.

Because if they go for another year and her birthday rolls around again, giving her a give of an 'almost pardon but you've got a bunch of community service you'd have to do it you were alive but you've already put in enough hours anyway' would be a pretty nice thing to get her.

I'm mainly suggesting this so that all of the world gets to enjoy the collective freakout of "We've been working with Bonesaw this whole time!"

Not on cast page?
    Helpdesk: "Have you tried turning your brain off and on again? That usually fixes the problem."

11. dasstan

dasstan :)

My first thought was 'who the fuck is Polly?' Then I realized they were talking about polyamory.

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.
  12. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

Well yeah he's cool with it, he's a fictional character. It's a pet issue of mine anyway, ya'know? Everyone's got one or two and this happens to be mine. Going along with sexism because it happens to be sexism that the majority of the population agrees with just rubs me the wrong way. Don't worry too much about it, I'm just a hopeless idealist.

J_Killcrazy, Snake/Eater and Navrin like this.
  13. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

You know, in Ack's fic Hope Comes to Brockton Bay, it took over a hundred chapters to get Taylor into a healthy relationship.

In Amelia, it took over two hundred chapters to get Theo to a point where his father would be proud of him...even if it's still the whole 'your approval fills me with shame' deal.

14. dasstan

dasstan :)

Wasn't it implied/stated that Kaisee was schtupping Fenja and Menja?

Theo's takes after his papi more and more.

15. Lantalia

Lantalia Making the rounds.

Fixed. Phone autocorrect strikes again.

TanaNari and dasstan like this.
  16. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

honestly,i thought it was going to be sad chapter for Riley,ii expecting Missy to be pissed,that she end her friendship with Riley,because who expects a teenage girl to have rational response....then it turned in to weirdville,meh i wasn't expecting that twist.the song for the song i thought was going to pick for the (sad) chapter was the Five Stairsteps's song "Ooh Child" as covered by the same chick in the song before Raya Yarbrough,glad i didn't it's really disturbing because i can imagine the fricking siberian singing it as a lullaby to Riley because that bit in the song "o child,Things are gonna get easier,o child,Things'll get brighter"what actually makes more worst is that the siberian is Manton,because he knows Scion is going to destroy the world,by things getting brighter he would mean.we're all going to be killed someday.

I'm not playing the song because it's too weird for this story.

17. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

figure out
    Y'know, sometimes I wonder if you use a Markov chain to create your posts.
    Trust me, TanaNari will top it. In 60 chapters, we'll be reading about a man in a straight relationship with his future self. (He communicates with her via precognition.) 30 chapters after that, we'll read about two sentient plants who have a long-distance relationship, but have trouble spending time together because of their day jobs.
    Prediction: the person who told Missy about it was Rapture. She 1) knows about Bonesaw 2) is someone Missy trusts, and 3) could possibly use her power on Riley through Clarice.

PineTreeq, Divabot, TanaNari and 3 others like this.
  18. ProdigiousThunder

ProdigiousThunder Know what you're doing yet?

I can't believe no one has figured it out yet.

Theo doesn't have the harem Missy does.

Alayne, Faraway-R, AkuArkaine and 4 others like this.
  19. Daunmi

"Sorry I can't be more like you, Dad. I'll never be able to use my wealth and status to get two people who've basically been conditioned to love me because of a bullshit philosophy to love me. I'll only ever be able to make actual friends who value me for me, and fall in love with me because I'm actually a nice person, and they value my company."
    *zips up and walks away from headstone*

So... nothing to do with a lack of locomotion?

Or that they're always... doing pot.

I'm not sorry.

20. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

That's implied by describing it as "UBW Good"

Lantalia, AkuArkaine, Diller and 2 others like this.
  21. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Now now, you'll get no disagreement from me that the arguments Missy used were sexist, however, no matter the sex/gender of anyone in such a situation, the general solution Missy suggested is not sexist, nor particularly creepy. I'm also not placing TOO much blame on Missy for her sexism for possible reasons ranging from age related ignorance to knowing that she was using an underhanded tactic and going with it anyway because she figured it would WORK (ie: consequentialism).
    Nor should you be.

TanaNari and Prince Charon like this.
  22. Snake/Eater

it should be reported how officially awesome you are,i got the joke within 5 seconds,and i'm still laughing,:D two thumbs up

23. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Darkest fix fic.

24. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Videochatting is a thing, though. So, if they had spare time, they could spend it together. However, they end up spending a lot of time working, because both of them are outstanding in their field.
    Neither am I.

25. SirTinal

SirTinal Verified TinFoilHat

I didn't catch it anywhere so I'll ask how prominent will the Pantheon "splinter group" be in the story? Are you putting them on the bus, are you making a "spinoff with the fallen murder investigationa cting as a 2 hour pilot or something else all together?

26. pepperjack

I used to think puns were a lost art, but every now and then, a post like this crops up. Don't complain if people respond in kind, cosoco; you reap what you sow.

27. Snake/Eater

Pantheon cannot be active on american soil,if Becky can work it though congress then Victoria is a traveling embassy that does nonprofit community services,thats be political talk for kicking ass all over California,or she quits Pantheon and refuses Avalonan citizenship,if things don't go her way.no director of a local prt will want her because they would think she's a triple sleeper cell spy for Avalon and they wouldn't want to risk their career to see if not.

Prince Charon likes this.
  28. Daunmi

I have no idea how to approach this. You said sentient, right? You never mentioned mobility or limbs or the ability to communicate or... I have no idea how to approach this.

I know how to approach this!

Negativity doesn't help. No need to be a stick in the mud.

29. pepperjack

Telling people they can't have certain opinions because they're "too negative" is a fruitless exercise. There might be a grain of truth to it, but this kind of corny, pop psychology is at the root of society's problems today.

Also, nothing for "crops up?" Ah, well.

30. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I just realized both Missy and Riley are blonds.

Kaiser would be so fucking amused.