1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

On mobile, Watched Thread links

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Secret Secretion, Jan 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

Links to forums under watched thread in Watched Threads such as NSFW Questing and Roleplay, NSFW Creative Writing, etc. link to the last unread of the thread they're under. No idea why, doesn't happen on laptop, when I hold down the link it says it's to forums/nsfw-creative-writing.29/ etc, and Open in New Tab sends me to the main page, but if I just click it normally, it will repeatedly send me to the first unread of the thread. (It's not because of clumsy fingers.)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

Couldn't reproduce. What browser are you using? (I'm on IE for Windows Phone 8.1)

Does it happen on All Watched Threads? Does it still happen if you long-click to copy the link, and then click it normally?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

Brave, but I'll check it out on Chrome.

I'm checking further. It's doing it on NSFW Questing and Roleplay, NSFW General, NSFW Creative Writing, Suggestions and Bugs and General, but not doing it on Rants.
    Yes, same results.
    It sends me to two different pages.

Firefox:
    • Rants is no longer the exclusive link that works properly, now it's also sending me to the last unread in the thread.
    • Long clicks are working properly.
    • All Watched is the same bug.
    Chrome:
    • Rants link is damn weird. I clicked it a bunch of times, twice it worked properly, the rest of the time it didn't, and now I'm trying to convince myself I didn't imagine it.
    • OKAY THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED IN FIREFOX
    • It's only Rants, not any of the others.
    • AND ITS HAPPENING IN BRAVE
    Okay, conclusion. Most links go wrong, except Rants, which goes wrong randomly.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Clicking from there is supposed to send you to the last(oldest) unread post of the thread. It's so you can catch up to where it is now.

5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

The link that's supposed to take you to the thread, obviously. Under the link that's the title of the thread, there's a link that's the name of the subforum the thread is in. The expected behavior of that second, smaller link is to take you to that subforum. The actual (erroneous, for olivebirdy) behavior of that smaller link is what this thread is about.

I feel like I'm explaining something to you that you already know -- except that if you do already know this, and you personally get the expected behavior rather than the erroneous behavior, your reply to the thread seems nonsensical to me.

We're confident that it is erroneous behavior, because me and olivebirdy have the same expectation, but only olivebirdy is getting the erroneous behavior. It would have to b be something on olivebirdy's end, since I get the expected behavior on both mobile and desktop, but it's equally clearly not a browser issue as it affects multiple browsers. (...There's not a forumside setting for this, is there? Because that seems like it would be stupid.)

Secret Secretion likes this.
  6. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

Clicking the Thread Title or the link under it that says NSFW Creative Writing? It's the latter I'm wondering about.

MissileTeatime likes this.
  7. tehelgee

Ah, I misunderstood. No, that shouldn't be happening. It doesn't happen to me, though, under UI.X Dark. What style are you using?

MissileTeatime likes this.
  8. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

The default.

9. tehelgee

I just tried on Xenforo Default, and after recovering from my blindness, could not replicate that behavior. I'm on Firefox and don't have any other browsers installed to test on. From your description of things, I don't understand what could even be causing it.

Secret Secretion likes this.
  10. Secret Secretion

Secret Secretion Hi!

It's not a big deal, it's just something I thought some poor coder would find interesting/frustrating.