1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Collaborative RP] Complete Detachment - The Clone Army

Discussion in 'Questing' started by 9adam4, Feb 26, 2019.

1. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

The three Republic transport vessels maneuver carefully in the pelting rain of Kamino's southern ocean, avoiding waves that would be considered cataclysmic on many other worlds.

Each ship lands in sequence, depositing its notable supercargo onto the platform, many humans and a few other species in their Jedi cloaks. Greeted by the sleek, tall form of a native Kaminoan, they are courteously led down into the depths of the facility.

“I am sorry for our perfunctory greeting,” Prime Minister Lama Su says to the gathered delegates. “We received Master Sifo-Dyas's order and instructions only three months ago, and just recently began growing the first batch from the genetic template.

“Jango Fett?” asks Kenobi, never one to remain quiet when he could display his uncanny knowledge.

“That’s correct. He has been working with us to design the tactical and weapons training programs that the subjects will begin in their second month.” The Kaminoan blinks at the assembled Jedi. “May I ask the nature of the visit? It is too early for visible results. Master Dyas told us not to expect any further input from the Order until the first batches were nearing maturity.”

“I must apologize,” Sifo-Dyas speaks up, as many of the eyes of the room shift to him. “I underestimated the Order’s level of interest in the details of the cloning process.”

“Disrupt your work, do we?” Master Yoda asks, his place in the front of the group never in question.

“No, of course not,” Su insists. “We were honestly surprised by the unusual degree of latitude provided by this assignment, not to mention the unprecedented scale. We are, of course, happy for you to review our work, and provide any input that you choose to the process.”

This is a collaborative role-playing exercise I would like to try as part of the Complete Detachment self-insert story. If possible, I would like those interested in contributing to the story to each take on the role of one of those present at Kamino during this event, and provide your input from their point of view.

You are welcome to have actual dialog, but I suspect that the input will be more abstract than that, as different individuals give their ideas for the training and growth of the Clone Army. I will be feeding decisions and actions from this RP back into my SI.

Characters
    Yoda
    Grandmaster
    Influence 5, Insight 5, Foresight 1
    The very existence of the Clone Army is troubling to Yoda, and he is reluctant to take any firm hand in shaping it. All Jedi present take his words with the utmost respect and gravity.

Mace Windu
    Korun Master
    Influence 5, Insight 2, Foresight 4
    The return of the Sith is Mace Windu’s primary concern. How does the Clone Army fit into their plans, and how might it be turned against them?

Kit Fisto
    Nautolan Master
    Influence 4, Insight 3, Foresight 2
    Kit has seen the value of a stronger Republic military presence for some time, but wants to make sure that the Clone Army upholds the ideals of democracy.

Nahdar Vebb
    Mon Calamari Padawan
    Influence 2, Insight 1, Foresight 3
    Kit Fisto’s Padawan. Vebb has thus far kept his views to himself.

Sifo-Dyas
    Human Master
    Influence 2, Insight 2, Foresight 5
    One of the most powerful seers in the Order, Sifo-Dyas has seen the devastation of the coming wars first-hand. With the backing of the InterGalactic Banking Clan, he secretly made the arrangements that are currently under discussion. Many did not want to include him in this event at all.

Dooku
    Human Master
    Influence 4, Insight 4, Foresight 4
    A peerless politician and diplomat, Dooku is considering reclaiming his title as Count of Serenno. He is increasingly disillusioned with what he sees as short-sightedness and corruption within the Jedi Order.

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Human Master
    Influence 1, Insight 4, Foresight 2
    Qui-Gon has little concern for the clones as an army, but wants to ensure that as living beings they are each treated with compassion and respect.

Olana Chion
    Human Padawan
    Influence 1, Insight 3, Foresight 3
    Recently apprenticed to Obi-Wan, this is all new to Olana. She isn’t sure what to think, although she is sure her Master has many plans in mind.

R2D2
    Astromech droid
    Influence 0, Insight 3, Foresight 1
    Obi-wan has asked R2 to examine the Kaminoan equipment and provide any analysis the unit finds to be relevant. R2 is interested in the idea of “programming” biologicals, and whether humans might be configured to be more efficient and functional, or more compatible as a group.

Jango Fett
    Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
    Influence 3, Insight 2, Foresight 2
    Jango has been hired, not only to act as the genetic template for the clones, but also to help design efficient weapons and tactics for their eventual use. It’s a matter of personal pride that the clones end up as fearsome warriors and efficient in carrying out a variety of missions.

Non-Player Characters
    Prime Minister Lama Su is personally in charge of the cloning program, and will be the one who chooses to implement (or not) any changes.

Jedi Knight Obi-wan Kenobi is the seer whose visions exposed Sifo-Dyas’s secret and who coordinated this visit to Kamino. His obsession with events decades in the future often makes his behavior erratic and unpredictable.

2. 9adam4

If there isn't enough interest, I'll just write the scenes myself. But I thought this could be fun to try.

MasterOfDragonsGod and Omni like this.
  3. 9adam4

Zero replies. I guess I misjudged the level of interest for this.

MasterOfDragonsGod likes this.
  4. Omni

Omni I trust you know where the happy button is?

I was interested but I do not have enough free time sadly, just getting over an ear infection so my concentration is all kinds of screwed up.

Sorry.

Oh I am slain! and 9adam4 like this.
  5. 9adam4

It's okay. I can work on writing the fic, and if anyone does come along with something to contribute, the thread is here.