1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Follow me....and I shall show you the way.

infinityDivided and True Ninja like this.
  2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Zatanna seems more interesting because she’s essentially becoming John Constantine. Jade so far seems like a boring character, but we’ll see what Zoat does with her. Though since when are ninjas boring?

3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It’s a giant tumor...

4. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

*blink blink* Did....did I inadvertently quote a meme again?

5. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not one that i'm aware of, though there are so many that I might've just forgotten about a older one.

6. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

This made me laugh. Please make it come up in the story. The comments might get you banned again but it will be glorious before it all ends.

boo600, Bramble Thorn and Chaoswind like this.
  7. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Indeed. Let's NOT actually hope for a nuclear war, mkay?

8. Buggy123

Eh, I'd be happy to discuss it with you, but I doubt i'll change my mind given the sort of terrible shit that i know people have, and continue to do. And there's a lot more to it than I've mentioned here. Also, I suspect it falls astray of the "no politics" rule a tad bit.

edit: whoops, sorry, i failed a spot check and did not realize you were speaking as a moderator. My bad.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    boo600 and infinityDivided like this.
  9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Um, you realize he’s a moderator, right?

10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Not that I know of, but how else do you get that much cell growth on a normal female? You think shemale, I think tumor... or alien parasite... Sorry :p

11. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Paul/M'gann/Kon would have been an interesting ship.

KenNM likes this.
  12. Buggy123

Yes, but I thought he was not speaking as a moderator. There are a few mods that follow the story and post here as just readers, IIRC.

edit: oh, i'm stupid, it says in his signature that that color is his mod voice.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  13. gattsuru

gattsuru Making the rounds.

Yeah, there's not too many non-crackfic options outside of Kon.

I mean, the Guy Gardner bit was hilarious, but Gardner seems required by narrative causality to be incapable of getting any. Likewise, Harm would not be a good plan. Zauriel maybe, but if you wanted to make those sort of statements, you might as well go whole ham with Rrall -- OL's already penetrated him a couple times already.

Sephtian would take some ingenuity and have some interesting impacts on OL's motivation structure, but I think he has better taste. Canis Major is bi and could be funny, although I think OL has better taste.

Graven/Tawny would be cute, but I've got a rule against shipping uplifts and the people that uplifted them, even before including Graven's metaphysics.

KenNM, infinityDivided and Ardy like this.
  14. cerberus beasty

cerberus beasty Making the rounds.

You haven't seen late series Naruto or Netflix's Marvel Defenders have you.

15. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Late series? How many years did he Chunin exam go on for?

16. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

Jesus, I had forgot Mr Tawny even existed. Haven't seen him in so many episodes. Is he still being (pretending to be) a god or war on Carna or whatever the name of that Vega planet is?

RagnarokAscendant likes this.
  17. Buggy123

All I remember from Naruto is that there was some sort of battle in a cave that went on for what seemed like months, with constant reruns and only very occasional new episodes. And a old lady got poisoned, and there was some sort of giant sand thing in a sand city or something?

18. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It went on beyond Zabuza? But honestly, haven’t seen beyond that and some of the better fanfics. Mostly the humorous ones. The ones that are parodies of Naruto. They don’t usually go beyond chuunin exams / timeskip.

19. Threadmarks: Hoard (part 10)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

11th January
    17:31 GMT +2

I extend a construct barrier across the seating area and scan for targets. Glass patters harmlessly off it as… No, not seeing anything. No projectile, no body-. Ring, calculate point of impact and extrapolate-.

A thin bolt of fire leaps at me from inside the barrier, briefly illuminating-. Something, not sure what it was. I generate construct armour, but the fire flows through that, and through my-.

I take a step back as the worst of it is turned aside by my body armour, drawing my sidearm and pointing it at the apparent source of the fire. There's a bang as the slug fires, and the fire cuts out. Construct bypass. Marvellous.

I switch to power armour, rising off the floor slightly as I do so. Slowly-. Ah, I'm accelerating my mind. Zatanna has only just grabbed the Staff of Love and is hopefully working on a dispel for the invisibility. The one I shot still hasn't reappeared, which suggests that it isn't a cast on self spell. And the iron round actually hit, which means this isn't a ghost.

Another burst of fire, this one aimed at Ms Vadim. She throws herself aside as I fly through the air, hitting… Something, my kinetic barrier definitely triggered-.

There's a pulse of violet light through the room and I get a look at who I hit as they slam into a bookcase. Looks like… A really skinny midget someone stuck a crocodile head on. Nothing I remember from any of Clarice's bestiaries, though 'vulnerable to iron' and 'disguised with magic' do suggest some sort of fae creature. Not carrying any iron chains, constructs don't work

I grab its right arm and take a magic suppression binding out of subspace, clamping it in place in a way which I hope will bind the creature. Didn't really design them with skinny midgets in mind. It turns its head my way and exhales at my helmet. Nothing visible, nothing on scans or armour sensors. The fire blasts were visible, whatever that was-. Irrelevant. I generate a taser construct and strike the creature in the chest, causing it to shudder and go limp.

Swivelling around, I watch as another one of the creatures spits a cone of fire at Zatanna, only for the fire to turn in mid-air and fly back at its source. The creature takes the hit unflinchingly, then exhales-.

Inspector Gherea shoots it with his own gun, causing it to wince and fall back slightly. Ms Vadim has grabbed a sword from somewhere and is using it to strike at another. Civilians in danger, effective permission from relevant civil authorities received. I generate a small railgun construct, load iron rounds and shoot the left leg of the one fighting Ms Vadim. It falls, the leg hanging on only by the thickness of its skin, and she takes advantage of the opportunity to stab it through the right eye.

Another leaps at her from somewhere, and I traverse the railgun and shoot it in the chest. It tumbles, the force of the impact slamming it into the floor and causing it to slide to the far wall as she pulls her sword free and assumes a guard position. It seems that unlike John, she actually knows how to fight. Another bang as Inspector Gherea fires again, but this time his target is moving too erratically for him to hit. Zatanna swings her staff and bashes one of the creatures over the head, then points the staff's head at another and fires off a slightly arrow-shaped pulse of energy. The creature ducks behind Ms Vadim's desk but the energy bolt punches straight through and pins it to the wall next to the broken window.

I check for further attackers. Not seeing anything. Though since they can become invisible… I fly directly for the broken window, filaments grabbing the broken shards of glass, forcing them back into place and making the window whole again. Behind me, Zatanna is already putting out the fires which the creatures caused as I check the balcony and the streets beyond. Nothing obviously relevant going on. Not that I'd necessarily see the reinforcements if there were.

"Anyone hurt?"

Zatanna shakes her head, a wave of her staff causing glowing violet circles to appear around the wrists and ankles of our assailants. They then float through the air to be lined against the empty wall to my right, probably dripping blood all the way. I'll have to clean the place up before we go.

"What the fuck was that?"

Inspector Gherea appears reasonably calm, considering the situation, but his gun is still in hand and he's-.

I turn around to face him.

"Inspector, you're injured."

"What?" He checks himself over, not daring move his eyes from his immediate surroundings for longer than he absolutely has to, and does a small double take when he sees the damp slashes in his right sleeve. "Ah, shit. Must have.. been the glass."

"Please remove your jacket."

I float closer as he reluctantly returns his weapon to its holster and undoes his buttons. As he takes it off the jacket sticks slightly to his wound, causing the sleeve to turn inside out. The red is a lot more evident against the white of his shirt.

Ring, scan?

A few embedded slivers of glass, no significant nerve damage and no damaged arteries. Good. Construct filaments remove the glass as I deploy my armour's purple healing ray, the beam playing over the site of the injury. He looks a little uncertain, and uses his left hand to pull open the largest tear to get a better look.

"Huh. Useful."

"Ms Vadim-?"

Zatanna shakes her head as Ms Vadim grabs a book off the floor by the ruined book case and lays it on her desk, flicking through it with her left hand while keeping hold of her sword with her right. I scan her, but she doesn't appear to be injured.

"I've seen creatures like that before. They were in here…"

Best leave her to it. I drift over to our prisoners-.

"Inspector, what protections does Romanian law offer non-humans?"

He withdraws the fingers probing his wound and looks at me-. Well, my armoured shoulder. "Depends. In theory, the same as everyone else, but… Quaestors and judges understand that it is not always practical." He moves his eyes to the creatures. "Are they alive?"

Direct scans aren't working and the aura Zatanna has put around them isn't precise enough for me to make a full assessment… The one who was stabbed through the eye clearly isn't breathing, and its muscles are totally relaxed. Dead. The rest…

Zatanna leans against the armour of my left arm. "What should I do with them?"

"Can you completely nullify-?"

She raises her staff in her left hand, beams of violet light striking the closest creature in the head, peeling back the invisibility magic from that area. Ah, I was wrong. Its head is shaped more like that of a bird, with the beak being a bizarre reptilian continuation of its face. Sharp, predatory teeth, recessed eyes, pointed ears… The skin is pale brown where it isn't… Scaled? There are spines projecting from the forearms and the scales are thick enough to form natural armour across the shoulders and back. The wound-. This is the one I shot in the stomach, and the round penetrated its intestines. I create a construct clamp and pull my projectile free before playing the purple healing ray over the wound.

"Ugh, my.. floor!"

Ms Vadim looks around the room as Zatanna continues to nullify invisibility spells. Each time the creature is fully revealed, its blood trail swiftly follows. Ring, track which belongs to each one.

Compliance.

"Ms Vadim, have you been able to identify these creatures? Are they intelligent?"

I watch as she gives up on the carpet and puts her sword down on her desk before walking over to me, book in both hands. "Yes, though I'm surprised that they exist. This was copied from a sketch made in the eleventh century."

Inspector Gherea walks over and we all look at the image. It's clearly simplified and the degree of menace is visibly greater, but it's the same creature.

"What is it?"

Ms Vadim frowns thoughtfully. "It is supposed to be a gnome." What? "But gnomes do not look like this, and they are petty thieves at worst."

The Inspector nods. "I need to call this in. Please try to keep them alive."

I nod inside my armour and turn to the next, the one I shot first.

"Certainly."

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  20. Buggy123

Huh, it's nice to see that some places are a little more practical about this. AI, human-alikes, etc getting equal rights is great - it'd be ridiculous if they didn't. But uh... demons who live to cause as much suffering as possible, evil stabby fire lizards, and so on...?

Paul really should have worked out some solid legal framework of "Assume it has rights the same as a person at first, but also pay attention to whether they immediately try to feed on all nearby babies when you summon them" back in America.

21. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

But what about the rights of the nice aliens who just want some recreational activities from your children?

22. Buggy123

So long as they're the safe sort of recreational activites that don't require the consent of a mentally and emotionally mature adult, they're A-ok.

23. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Another burst of fire, this one aimed at Ms Vadim.

It falls, the leg hanging on only by the thickness of its skin...
    (Also: OW.)

...and she takes advantage of the opportunity to stab through its' right eye.
    (Not sure on the possessive apostrophe, actually.)

...striking the closest creature in the head peeling back the invisibility magic from that area.

Ah, I was wrong. Its' head is shaped more like that of a bird...
    (Pretty sure on the possessive apostrophe here.)

Surprised he doesn't pick up on the similarity to D&D Kobolds, here...

Each time the creature is fully revealed, its blood trail swiftly follows.

"Yes, though I was surprised that they exist. This was copied from a sketch made in the eleventh century."
    (Unless it's an accent?)

Pick up the phone, I called it! League of One. Wonder Woman fights a dragon, despite a prophecy that says any who fight it will die...
    Of course, I doubt it will play out quite like that, so I feel confident this is not a spoiler. More likely the dragon, Drakul Karfang, is reclaiming things stolen from its' hoard over the years... They're known to be greedy, miserly creatures.
    Hopefully that isn't a spoiler, Mr Zoat?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  24. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Might be a way to introduce that lady who is immune to destiny.

Alexandercctv likes this.
  25. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do Ratchet's people have conventional genders though? He's a squid/jellyfish kind of thing. For all we know they reproduce by budding or spores or something.

26. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Touching is illegal, so I assume sex is too? They either bud/spore/monogamously multiply through self-cloning like a bacteria / flower, or they use breeding tanks to make babies.

27. Buggy123

IIRC, it's sort of a coalition of a bunch of different races, so it probably doesn't make much sense to ask that. Like "which country is someone from the EU from?". You'll get a answer, but it depends entirely on what individual you pick and you'll get a lot of different answers.

edit: I'm dumb, I read that as "Rocket".

I think OL used "he" and "she" back when talking about the group he rescued but I can't remember.

28. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

29. Turalon94

Turalon94 Getting some practice in, huh?

So dragonhunting empisode it is. Wasn't he the guy that liked eating children?

30. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

... the aliens certainly don't consider it necessary...