1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Kings Journey (Worm/Exalted)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by AcridComet, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Awakening-5
    AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

[x] [Food] Ask for another stack of meats. Like you got from Tay! Only a lot more. It's new, and you want to get used to new. (Max out your Favored and Breed Paths [3 currently], and choose a fourth Path)
    -[x] Yielding earth
    [x] [Test] Be honest. Show everything you can do, even though they will probably be scared.

It took Bah a little while to coax you off of the rumble-cave wall, though it would probably always have the holes from your claws, and try to get you into grass-garments. Red chuckled at the antics all the while. "You know, this would be alot easier if you just explained nudity to the Thinker?" He said.

That... made you blink. "Nu-deh-tee?" You pause, comparing yourself to the not-monkeys and their obsession with the garments. "... yoo don l-ike Thin-ker?" A small part of you figured you should hide your abilities, even though you doubted the not-monkey could harm you, but... you decide to show them. "Yoo wan Me in" you emit a low growling, followed by harsh syllables, trying to articulate complex concepts that you had no name for in this language. "... Cloh-th-ssssss." You finally grasp the word, plucking it from the surrounding essence just as Bah opens her mouth.

"... yes. Can you-" Bah glances down at your legs and pauses, noticing that your knees and ankles far more pronounced and angular than her own. "This may be harder than I thought." A few moments later, you walk out of the rumble-cave and into a larger, blocky cave out on the water. And you were garbed, albeit haphazardly, in various, mismatched clothes. Your chest was covered by a strange blue "Tea shirt", while your bottom was covered by two pre-torn clothes tied together to form a sort of long skirt.

A large man in blueish armor stands before you, a clearly trimmed face-hair peeking from under his helmet. He greets your guides with a curt nod. "Battery. Assault." He turns to you, his visor gleaming under the artificial lights. "And this must be the 53. Do you require anything before we begin testing? Sleep, food-"

"FOOOOOOOOOD!?!" you glance at him, feeling your stomach growl hungrily. "Food! Yoo have food?" Your tail whips back and forth as you sniff the air. You only barely hold yourself back from charging to the food-room you smell, glancing back at the currently bemused Bah and Red. Or Ass-alt, you supposed. You glance at Blue-man with your best "cute" face, hoping to sway him.

"We can... get you some food?" The new Blue speaks slowly as he glances at you. You're led to the chamber, carefully, and Bah tries to bring you something. You wind up with a "sandwich", those stacks of meat and various bits from before, and you begin tearing into them. Your guides watch in bemused fascination as you stuff one after the other into your gullet, tearing bits of them with your sharp fangs. You barely waste time swallowing, nor do you savor the flavor, as you felt like you had not eaten for days.

Finally, after careful deliberation of whether to eat another bite, you carefully stand up. You were sated, for now at least. You glance at Bah, carefully measuring your words. "Tes nowe?"

She nods, before shaking her head. "Boy, you were... uh... hungry, huh?" She glances at the small crumbs left from you meal.

The Blue man nods, before turning abruptly. "If theres nothing else, we can perform the tests." He walks out, and judging from Bahs' look, you follow him through the various chambers. Eventually, you find your way through to a teleporting chamber, and then forward to a large, plain chamber. The man nods at the chamber, and speaks overly simply. "We need you to give an explanation or demonstration of your abilities. Battery tells me you have enhanced learning capabilities. Would you care to elaborate?"

You briefly digest his words. Is he trying to be formal using Bahs' full name? Or is there something else. A brief flash of realization hits you: Battery could be her Title, albeit an odd one. Something to look into. "Not lern bet-ter. Nuh-ow." You tap your chin. "Take... the lern f'rom oth-ers. Take un-der-stan an' nuh-ow wat they do." You pause, reaching for the words to describe how you incorporate the lingering essence of Speech into yourself. Or is it eating the speech, and becoming it? It's hard to describe, much less understand the metaphysical concepts. Youd be lying if you fully did, as imperfect as your own explanation was. "Can all-so ch-ane-geh. Become... toh-fer. Stroh-n-ger. Can chan-geh pluh-ants, make them... Bet-ter."

Blue notes these down, you think, on some paper. "Well that is quite-"

"All-so cris-talls." You interrupt him, counting yet more on your claws. "Make ob-jec bet-ter too." The others are staying at you as you clack your claws. "[Clutch] kood do mor." You finish, briefly stepping back into your... you suppose first language.

Blue man, Bah (or you suppose Bah-ter-ree) and the Assalt stared at you. Blue finally spoke up. "We will, of course, be testing these claims miss." He glances vaguely at Bah. "I'll inform the scientists we will need a plant, crystals, and the Brute test machine for our... friend here." He stands up, rather abruptly, and walks out the door.

"Did I doo bahd?" You look at Bah with large eyes.

Vote! Crafting! (Will be complete after prologue)

[ ] [Tech] begin creating a Flame Talon, leaf armor, and a minor crystal buable.

[ ] [Tech] begin to create a Bracer of Crystal Bolts, a stick-sword, and a ring of illusion.

[ ] [Tech] Write in one major, and 2 minor artifacts.

[ ] [Tech] On second thought, No. No crafting.

Vote! Brute test!

[ ] [Combat] Go all out. Destroy the machine!

[ ] [Combat] Do the minimum required of you for the test. Precise strikes.

[ ] [Combat] Write in.

Vote! Other!

[ ] [???] You remember arriving, somewhat. You attacked a mysterious entity, and ate a glittering egg that it held. You didnt know what it was at the time, nor do you now. But it felt... wrong.

[ ] [???] There has been a nagging feeling in your skull. Another presence in there? Something... Old came with you. And it is laughing.

[ ] [???] You look around the area, feeling uneasy. You knew a brew that could help that, your mother... wait, something isnt right with that line of thought. Something... was very wrong.

AN: this took awhile. I'm wondering if people know what each of the bonus things are though.

2. Parzival95

Parzival95 Not too sore, are you?

[X] [Combat] Go all out. Destroy the machine!

[X] [Tech] begin to create a Bracer of Crystal Bolts, a stick-sword, and a ring of illusion.

[X] [???] You look around the area, feeling uneasy. You knew a brew that could help that, your mother... wait, something isnt right with that line of thought. Something... was very wrong.

Is there some kind of tech tree or are we just making stuff up?

AcridComet likes this.
  3. AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

Making stuff up, mainly. I'm not very good at tech trees.

4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] [Tech] begin to create a Bracer of Crystal Bolts, a stick-sword, and a ring of illusion.

[X] [Combat] Do the minimum required of you for the test. Precise strikes.

[X] [???] There has been a nagging feeling in your skull. Another presence in there? Something... Old came with you. And it is laughing.

AcridComet likes this.
  5. tvo770

tvo770 Getting sticky.

[X] [???] There has been a nagging feeling in your skull. Another presence in there? Something... Old came with you. And it is laughing.

AcridComet likes this.
  6. helnae

helnae How delicious~

On a side note, it is clear that we must dump all upgrade points we might acquire into Enthusiasm.

mrttao and AcridComet like this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x] [Tech] begin creating a Flame Talon, leaf armor, and a minor crystal buable.
    [x] [Combat] Go all out. Destroy the machine!
    [x] [???] You remember arriving, somewhat. You attacked a mysterious entity, and ate a glittering egg that it held. You didnt know what it was at the time, nor do you now. But it felt... wrong.

AcridComet likes this.
  8. AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

vote is now closed

Lifes been hitting my free time a little hard. I'll try to have this up either tonight or tomorrow.

Prince Charon likes this.
  9. tvo770

tvo770 Getting sticky.

It's all good.

AcridComet likes this.
  10. Threadmarks: Awakening-6
    AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

The Blue man did not return. Instead, a bunch of not-monkey in white clothes came, setting up numerous areas. Bah Pat's your shoulder to keep you from worrying, and tries to explain. "This is to help us get a grasp of your powers, and to try to find a way to help you make the most of them."

You just blink. "Yoo wan me too doo pow-err?" You mull this around in your head, a slight headache coming on. "Buh tha' take tuh-ime."

"Yes well-" one of the white-cloths speaks up. "From the list Armsmaster provided it may take several days. For now we're checking your brute rating and seeing how quickly you can tin-... create your improved plants and crystals" she stumbles over her words at the end, though the why escapes you.

Within a few minutes, they had a rather small... golem? Something that isnt quite laughter begins playing in your head as you look at it. Youd seen things like them before around your nest, but never so... primitive. It takes a fighting stance, small fists raised while its... legs? Rotating, bulky legs sat it squat to the ground. You walked over to it, feeling it steadily approach. One of the white-cloths, a Male, begins speaking. "Please hit the drone as hard as you can. Dont worry about breaking it, most people find this cathartic, and the Data goes through either way." That did explain its primitive look. Though not why it had fists. Maybe that cath-arrr-sis thing?

Either way, you move toward it. It's small, blunt nubs lash out at you in expertly, and you calmly dodge. It basically has no guard as your claws find purchase on its side, breaking the strange rock layer and digging into fine, delicate components. And it falls over, a ragged whining coming from its torso before it goes silent. And that's when it finally hits you. Power testing is gonna be boring.

You just hope the not-laughter in your head dies down.

It didnt get better. You honestly thought that they couldnt make your crafting boring, but they managed. Every change you made had to be catalogued, every motion watched and scrutinized, and it was. So. Damn. Annoying. On top of that, the not-laughter doesnt shut up! It keeps going and going, laughing at your frustration! It was driving you crazy! When you finally finished the sword stick, enough time had passed that the circle on the wall was halfway through its rotations.

Bah eventually forced the white-clothes to stop, just before you snapped. "I think that's all we can get through today. I need rest, she needs rest, I'm sure most of you need rest. C'mon-" Bah grabs your hand carefully. "-lets get you a room." She leads you out of there, back to the teleport tube, and eventually gets you to a cave with a flat, cloth covered... thing. You presume for sleeping.

"Than-keh yoo Bah-ter-ree." You say politely, the not-laughter almost ceasing as it feels your full attention go to it.

"Dont thank me yet. You've still got more yet." She sounds apologetic as she closes the door behind you.

And now, alone, you finally shift back to your more familiar tongue. "[Come out, spirit. I know you're there.]" You see your shadow jump slightly, before distending and swelling, rising from the ground to form a pitch black mirror of yourself.

"[Awww. What gave me away?]" You can almost feel the smirk on the shadow-yous face, even if you cant see it.

"[The laughter. Now. Why are you here.]" You keep your voice stern, hoping you sound more confident than you felt. Spirits are serious business.

"[Well, I seem to recall a large man in armor ripping at my form, then tossing part of me away, and here I am. With you. And you're infinitely more interesting.]" The shadow-you leans in as it talks, pulling right up to your face.

You push it off of you, desperate to get away from the reminder of your... mutations. "[Why? I know of no reason I should interest you, spirit.]" You get up, walking over to the slab.

"[Oh, poor girl. You havent figured it out yet.]" The spirit grabs you pulling you close to it's cold, ethereal flesh. "[We arent in the Wyld. We arent in creation. We arent in Malfeas. We are in somewhere new. Somewhere where the people want to use you. Do you think all that food and shelter is out of the goodness of their hearts?]" The shadow-self waves its hand, the room twisting and highlighting these small reflective dots. "[They are using you, training you to eat from their hand so you can die for them.]" The shadows words made some sense, as you thought about it. They were being awful... open with you. "[They watch us now, hoping to see if you can be trusted. But they won't see me, oh no. I'm only for you, little dragon. And I want to help poor-]" the shadow twists around you pulling itself to your face "[-little-]" it spreads its form, darkening the room in an impossible mimicry of a flower blooming "[-you.]"

It takes you awhile to finally find the courage to speak. "[Why. You could ride any of these mortals. Why choose me.]"
    W
    "[Because you're the hero, the little dragon lost in a world that hates you]" it moves again, showing a shadow like Da moving towards you. "[That fears you]" It shows a shadow Assalt backing away from your teeth. "[That can't understand you]" the shadows morph to the silhouettes of the white-cloth.

"[So... what do you do?]"

Vote! Shadow

[ ] [Dark] Accept its help. (Mentor 5 [???])

[ ] [Dark] Rebuke it (Gain Valor/Compassion.)

Vote! PRT
    [ ] [PRT] Join up today! (Prt backing to 3, resources to 2.)
    -[ ] write in Costume

[ ] [PRT] Decline. Write in why.

Vote! Name!
    [ ] [Name] Write in.
    -[ ] [Name] Apparently they name their capes here?
    -[ ] [Name] shadows need names too!

Vote! Bonus points
    [ ] [BP] give a plan for how you want to have the little dragon develop. Can be as detailed as you like, I can fill in the blanks.

An:... yeah. Hope its ok....

11. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

aren't we the only person of our species on the planet?

I am leaning towards accepting both, for now. Yea they both want to use us, but we could also use them back. We are a stranger in a strange land and need to get our feet. We can always go independent later.

12. Prince Charon

Do we really want help from a fragment of the Ebon Dragon (if that's who the shadow is)?

DiceArt and AcridComet like this.
  13. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

Naw fuck whatever the Ebon Dragon has planned for us. Everybody else does including the Ebon Dragon so I don't see why we should buck the chain.

AcridComet likes this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Eh, those "fragments" tend to be pretty willful, often even working at odds with their greater selves.
    Also, he is offering us help at the cost of.. listening to him. Sure he has plots for us, but knowing the ebon dragon he has plots for us even if we refuse to work him with. Might as well benefit from his plots.

Wwind, AcridComet and Prince Charon like this.
  15. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

To wit the only answer when any aspect or part of the Ebon Dragon comes around and tries to pull you into it's plots is either to ignore it and hope it gets bored and goes away or to flip the game board over by doing exactly the opposite of whatever it suggest. Which is why the universal answer to an Ebon Dragon plot is "Fuck everything in that general area."

AcridComet likes this.
  16. Prince Charon

[X] [Dark] Rebuke it (Gain Valor/Compassion.)

[X] [PRT] Join up today! (Prt backing to 3, resources to 2.)
    -[X] write in Costume: Armour made with our Tinker power, emphasizing the crystaline aspects.

[X] [Name] Tay-Ler
    -[X] [Name] Raptok
    -[X] [Name] Eben

Not really happy with the Name votes, willing to change if someone has a better idea. Don't currently have an idea for the Bonus vote.

AcridComet likes this.
  17. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x] [Dark] Accept its help. (Mentor 5 [???])
    [x] [PRT] Join up today! (Prt backing to 3, resources to 2.)
    -[x] Gold spandex covered with jewels of our own creation
    [x] [Name] Civilian: Ddraig
    -[x] [Name] Cape: Akatosh
    -[x] [Name] Shadow: Eben Sur

Make use of those who want to use us. As far as gangs go, PRT is the best. The only better choice is toybox who are a legitimate business instead of a gang.

Ragura and Prince Charon like this.
  18. tvo770

tvo770 Getting sticky.

[X] [Dark] Rebuke it (Gain Valor/Compassion.)
    [X] [PRT] Join up today! (Prt backing to 3, resources to 2.)
    -[X] write in Costume: Armour made with our Tinker power, emphasizing the crystaline aspects.

Prince Charon likes this.
  19. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

AcridComet likes this.
  20. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

If this is a fragment of the Ebon Dragon, it’s probably a 3rd- or 2nd-Circle demon. Treat it carefully, because it’s powerful, but it’s not limited by its nature the way the full Yozi is.

-[X] A suit of our tinkertech - in particular, a suit of leaf armour.

Crystal-based artifact armour is significantly more difficult than basic leaf armour. It’s basically our equivalent of Power Armour.

[X] [Name] Ddraig
    -[X] [Name] Raptok
    -[X] [Name] Eben

I don’t think that naming ourselves after another person is a good idea, and neither is making our cape name after a piece of nerdy popular culture.

AcridComet likes this.
  21. Wwind

Wwind Experienced.

AcridComet likes this.
  22. Threadmarks: Interlude: Paranoia.
    AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

Armsmaster frowned at the screen in front of him. The case 53 was speaking, rather adamantly, at what appeared to be nothing. Of course, given his line of work, nothing tended to be among the worst things that a cape could be doing. With a thinker... it was probably the most worrying.

"Fīn ará." The girl crosses her arms, clear enunciation allowing his translator programs to inform him what he already knew: this was not a language from this Earth. "Nu. Por los Hi-het." There were similarities in the dialogue with certain languages, but that would take days to dissect. Best to study body language, a tricky bet with some case 53s. So far she seemed formal, stern. A certain amount of familiarity in her stance, but very little emotions. Likely a- She abruptly pushes at the air. His finger shifts to a silent alarm. A possible stranger? Or a psychotic episode. Either needed dealt with. "Por? Zu'u Mindok dó nid kialo Hi, Zinzii."

"Case 53, code named Ddraig, appears to be in the midst of a hallucination. Low stranger possibility. Remain alert." His words were short and clipped as he spoke to the radio, trusting the troopers in the facility to take appropriate precautions.

"Zi'i... Zi'i Geh hin Síl, Zinzii."

Armsmaster taps his papers on the table, glancing at the room's other occupants. Battery and Assault sat off to the side with their reports of the initial contact stacked in front of them, while Dr Morrison, the lead scientist, was holding the preliminary threat ratings, and the Director somehow appearing both tired and angry at everything that was going on.

"So let me get this straight." The director taps the report from Battery. "Differentiation from standard case 53 contact immediately, followed by-" Piggot turns her head towards the armor clad tinker. "-an increasingly worrying event that was either a psychotic episode, or a stranger."

"Further monitoring equipment is being installed, and we are currently in a yellow alert, initiated as soon as suspicion arose." Armsmasters answers the director easily in a short, clipped tone.

Piggot nods. "Good. And the preliminary ratings."

Morrison nods and flicks the remote to show the power testing. "Initial tests have shown a mild brute rating, approximately 3 if initial tests are anything to go by." Theres a flicker on the screen as it shows the robot. "Ddraig, as I will now be referring to the subject, took approximately six seconds to destroy the testing drone. Claws give a preliminary striker rating of 1 by themselves." Another click shows a sword-like plant. "And finally, testing on the veracity of what are presumably Tinker claims are ongoing but promising. Current rating denotes a Striker rating for both Crystal's and flora, with no signs of harmful emissions or mutations."

"Hmmm" The Director turns in her chair. "Battery. Do what you can to keep her calm. I don't want a cape like that on our asses. Assault, dont interact more than necessary." There was a shuffling as Assault opened his mouth, gets hit by Battery, who answers an affirmative. "Good. Armsmaster, Morrison. Investigate the possible Stranger discreetly." She rubs her eyes as the two nod. "I dont know what happened where a hallucinating cape is the better option, but I dont want anyone slacking off until the Stranger is caught or disproven. Dismissed"

The capes shuffled out if the door, Morrison clicking the screen off and glancing at the Director. "I'm sure it's nothing Emily."

Before the door closes, a faint wisp of darkness creeps inside...

Vote!

[ ] [Age] Wards age. Maybe not really, but that's a out where you're at.

[ ] [Age] Protectorate. You look like an adult, you sound like an Adult, you're gonna be treated like one.

Vote!

[ ] [Ddraig] Finish power Testing. Just get it out of the way.

[ ] [Ddraig] Socialize with someone.
    -[ ] write in who?

[ ] [Ddraig] find out about this strange new world...

Vote!

[ ] [Dream] The Tiger: Theres a dread around you as the stone and metal trees loom high. Theres a rustling wind and you find yourself facing a tiger. Theres little you can do but fight... [gain brawl and dodge]

[ ] [Dream] The Serpent: You stalk through the tunnels around you, spear at the ready. Theres little you can do in your search but stay quiet, intent on the hunt for the two headed serpent... [gain Thrown, melee, and stealth.]

[ ] [Dream] The Sun: Its so warm... [Gain a dot of Essence]

An: That is not dead which can eternal lie! And with strange eons even death may die!
    ... anyway, trying to continue this with everything else. Slowly. And for those wondering, the High holy speech is a bastardization of Skyrim dragon tongue, Spanish, and Esperanto.

23. The_Watcher

The_Watcher Don't fall in

I can't even remember watching this. Fun to reread though. ;)

[X] [Age] Wards age. Maybe not really, but that's a out where you're at.

[X] [Ddraig] Socialize with someone.
    -[X] Vista

[X] [Dream] The Sun: Its so warm... [Gain a dot of Essence]

AcridComet likes this.
  24. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

what is our actual age? both of those are phrased like we are lying about our age

AcridComet likes this.
  25. AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

You are a fully grown Dragon king. So... at minimum you're five.

Personally wanting to leave it vague.

Edit: Dragon Kings are pretty alien. Part of the reason I picked them over an exalt insert.

MorDrakka and mrttao like this.
  26. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Alright, I reread the previous posts and am all caught up.

[x] [Age] Protectorate. You look like an adult, you sound like an Adult, you're gonna be treated like one.
    [x] [Ddraig] Socialize with someone.
    -[x] Battery
    [x] [Dream] The Serpent: You stalk through the tunnels around you, spear at the ready. Theres little you can do in your search but stay quiet, intent on the hunt for the two headed serpent... [gain Thrown, melee, and stealth.]

We might not be 18, but no reason to not angle to be treated as an adult.
    And we went with a tinker build. So ranged combat and stealth will benefit us.

AcridComet likes this.
  27. Prince Charon

[X] [Age] Protectorate. You look like an adult, you sound like an Adult, you're gonna be treated like one.

-[X] Battery

AcridComet likes this.
  28. giodan

giodan Well worn.

[X] [Age] Wards age. Maybe not really, but that's a out where you're at.

-[X] Vista

AcridComet likes this.