1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is the DCAU.

Lazarus Pits there, like pretty much everything, are a lot more powerful then the stuff in Young Justice.

2. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

Mr Zoat, you are on QQ it’s totally fine if you tell the truth about how Anti Green Lantern Paul learned to resist his ring and by that i mean that he became SM.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

[​IMG]

4. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

As for Anti-Green Lantern Paul, there's this tidbit from the Legion of Superheroes and their dealing with Ra's-

"The Legion defeated him and his Oversight Watch and thwarted his plans to jump-start the evolutionary process of humanity. A stock of cloned bodies of the Demon's Head were found and, for a time, the Legion assumed that this Ra's Al Ghul was a clone too. Brainiac 5 realized later that the resurrection process of the Lazarus Pit to which Ra's Al Ghul had submitted himself for decades had changed him. He is literally the Lazarus Fires and the cloned bodies were simply vessels for this "sentient blood"."

So overuse of the Lazarus Pit merges someone with the Lazarus Pit, although getting a host body then becomes necessary.

5. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm thinking the ring has perhaps cottoned on to what is going on, and just remains glued to his finger.

However, if I'm wrong about the ring remaining, I'm thinking it just forces itself back upon him once he revives.

I'm not going to lie. I found the first Anti-Green Paul so sad, I've actually got a rough draft of him meeting Alan Scott, and Alan's Magic green ring, sitting on my desktop.

6. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

OK, but...you're writing this universe, too. Why did you choose to slander him in AL's universe but not OL's?

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

There is no etablished Hades for young justice. He does show up in justice leauge animated though, and he is pretty much the devil in it.

8. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That means Antigreen Paul would have to use the Pits for thousands of years, and I think he would have found a better option after a few decades.

9. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

would totally read that :(

10. Threadmarks: Difficulty (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

Difficulty

Day 97
    17:02 GMT -5

"Ah?" Mr Lawton looks up from the briefcase he's packing with paper money taken from a cash machine someone ripped open. "Oh hey, you're that guy with the Green Lantern fixation, right?"

A short way behind him, Volcana is sending a torrent of flames into an office block while Star Sapphire is taking shots at something I can't see. Kalibak is lifting a car over his head, presumably intending to throw it at the police forces forming a barricade down the street.

The slave-animal is to prioritise the study and acquisition of the Zamaron crystal.

As you wish, Master.

"I only hunt Green Lanterns in order to recharge."

"Whatever, man." He starts straightening out the bundles of notes to fit them in better. "Go find your own ATM. There's plenty-."

Armour forms around my body as a bolt from Master hits him in the chest, tossing him back and spinning him around.

"Professionally, I hunt assassins."

He recovers and raises his hand-mounted guns-

No useful data is derived from this fight. The slave-animal will engage the Zamaron slave-animal.

-and I fire a small bolt through each gun. He takes a moment to look at his ruined right armature.

"Well that's awkwa-."

I bring a bat construct down on his head. He goes down with a grunt, then groggily tries to rise. I suppose that I haven't really practised non-lethal options. And I'm not carrying handcuffs or anything like that. Master-.

I grunt in disorientation as Master generates a… A nerve jammer construct, a far more complicated device than I could hold in my mind without Master's… Help. Mr Lawton convulses for a moment and then collapses fully. He should be out for… A while, without much long term injury.

Thank you, Master.

"And who are you supposed to be?"

I rise up into the air until I'm level with Star Sapphire. No idea whether or not it's Carol Ferris under there, though the accent suggests not. Was there ever an English Star Sapphire? I don't remember. This one didn't really seem to be an intelligence-orientated supervillain so I've made a point of avoiding her. Under other circumstances, talking to her to discover her background might be useful, but the situation here is that supervillains are rampaging through a city.

I fire a bolt and she parries with a glowing violet shield before firing a beam at me from her headdress. I jink to my right and the beam flies past me-.

I hear the sound of breaking glass. Right, city I'm.. trying to protect. It's a novel thing to have to worry about. The Shadows didn't usually use heavy ordnance like that. She fires again but this time I add a shield to my armour and tank the shot.

"Green Lantern usually manages to fire back. Are you n-?"

I stick my right arm out to the side while my left supports the shield and send a bolt around in an arc. It strikes the side of her headdress-

"Agh!"

-and makes her wallow clumsily in the air, and I take the opportunity to surge forward-.

Lightning crackles around my armour, which insulates me completely from the attack.

"Hey, what gives?!"

I ignore Ms Willis for now and roundhouse punch Star Sapphire in the right eye. Her environmental shield appears to take most of the hit, but she jerks back woozily once more. Two more punches to the head and then I drop my shield construct to grab her around the throat, my right hand glowing as I reach forward-.

Her eyes focus for a moment and the gem lights up-.

I'm flying backwards, though my armour construct is holding against the force of the blast. I reinforce it as I try and catch sight of Star Sapphire, to spot whether she was actually hurt or just playing possum. Master-.

Bwougpf!

Something heavy hits me and then I'm surrounded by fire and pressure. I focus on my armour and on gaining height and I swiftly rise above-.

Kalibak's second thrown car sails underneath me to his evident disappointment. I reach out with my right hand, generate a large hand construct, catch it and slam it down on him! The car comes apart as it hits his head and he barely grunts, and the ignition of the fuel from the petrol tanks apparently doesn't warrant any more of his attention. Okay, I can dodge cars, and this area should be evacuated sufficiently that-.

Bolts of energy slam into my armour, though some go past me into the night sky. Looks like punching her did some good. And there isn't anyone to hit if she aims at the sky. I surge again, moving in a tight arc to a position directly above her, then I surge downwards, construct bat in hand. She spots me, eyes wide, about half a second before I slam it directly into the jewel on her forehead. Her environmental shield wavers and she collapses bonelessly towards the ground, striking the tarmac and rolling in an uncontrolled tumble until she stops, unmoving.

Good enough data?

The abilities of the enemy slave-animal were pathetic.

I drop down, thrust my hands through her blinking environmental shield and pull off her headdress. Her costume immediately begins evaporating, replaced by a white business blouse and calf-length skirt.

And as I look at the Star Sapphire jewel for one glorious moment I imagine putting it on and being freed of Master's influence permanently.

No. I wince as my armour -which apparently had decayed into nothing as I stared transfixed at the jewel- flares back into existence just in time to block the column of fire spewing forth from Ms Selton's hands.

"Back off."

"Her environmental shield is off. I can take this. She can't."

The fires fade, flames limiting themselves to dancing around her fists. "I thought you were a serial killer."

"I'm a bounty hunter. The commission was for 'dead'."

"What, did Metropolis hire you?"

"No. Superman did me a favour. I'm repaying-" She winces. "-it. I assume that you don't-" My construct fist grabs Mr Doe out of the air and squeezes until I hear his ribs snap. "-feel the same sense of obligation."

"No education, no records, and the people who did everything to me got away with it."

"Do they live in Metropolis? Do the people who let them go live in Metropolis?"

"Ye-."

"In any of the buildings you just torched?"

"Ah, probably.. not."

"Then what the fuck are you doing? If you were attacking the actual people you wanted dead I'd get it, but you're attacking people you don't even want to hurt? The fuck is wrong with you?"

She.. doesn't appear to have an immediate response.

"Shut the fires down and maybe I'll forget that I saw you."

Right. Now for Kalibak.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  11. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Buffy is a fridge logic fail when there's nothing keeping vampires from using guns.

12. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I haven't seen Buffy, but there is that one time...

13. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

...money taken from a cash machine someone ripped open.

I see someone hasn't quite realised they're not entirely in charge anymore...

Not much need for non-lethal against the Ninjas, and you wouldn't want to kill your power source (ie Green lanterns).

Odd italicisation here.

Yeah, Disable first, investigate later.

The joy of fighting Blasters. They don't deal well with melee.

Yup. If they're strong enough to pick the car up, they're usually too tough to be hurt by getting hit with it.

>Bonk!<

At least it agrees, she was not very good.

Oh, dear. Just imagining a Star Sapphire uniform on a guy... Even the tame one in animation would be embarrassing.

Concern for a nominal ally? She can't be all bad.

Yeah, our Grayven did so much better for her than this timeline. What's happening with her in OL's timeline?

Typical villain stupidity.

I actually want to see what happens next. I mean, it's probably along the lines of 'AL beats badguy face until the league arrives' but the fallout would be fascinating...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  14. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Darla shoots Angel in one of the first episodes, so they can use guns, and do, occasionally. I mean, fledges don't, but if I woke up with super strength one day, I'd probably play around with punching things until they break for a while too. And most/all of the master vampires we see are crazy.

15. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

Yeah, always wondered about that.

Honestly seems like Volcana would fit in well on Themyscira or something if she wants a place she will fit in with others.

Alexandercctv, Ardy, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    That one is intentional.
    The SI doesn't know.

17. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

I admit, at first I thought you meant the animal, and I was wondering if AGL was calling out Batman or something.

...now I wanna see Batman using a sports bat on someone.

18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Anti-Green Lantern Paul is using a Lazarus Pit every day, 7 days a week, 365 times a year.

He's using it a fuckton more than Ra's, so no, that does not mean that he'd have to wait thousands of years.

19. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Jack isn't crazy. I mean, yeah, he's crazy, but he's not crazy. Okay, yeah he's crazy. Bad example.

20. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

That story was hilarious. I'll remember the bowling ball pregnancy until the day I die.

21. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Isn't DCAU Volcana one of the people that betrays the league of evil because of Casanova Flash?

22. Mr Zoat

Not as far as I remember.

23. IndigoAbyss

IndigoAbyss Isaac of the Abyss

Why doesn't AL use the Star Sapphire to recharge? Or Is It that It doesn't work like that?

24. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

Anti-Green Lanterns aren't like Orange Lanterns in being able to convert other light to the Orange Light, all a Anti-Green Lantern does is take Green Light from a Green Lantern, essentially treating Green Lanterns themselves as batteries.

25. IndigoAbyss

IndigoAbyss Isaac of the Abyss

Oh, really? This entire time I thought that the Anti Green Lanterns could just use whichever Light to recharge. Silly me.

26. Mr Zoat

They were made based on what the qwardians knew about green rings specifically to beat green rings. They're altered replicas rather than anything truly original.

27. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Wait, he still has the Sapphire. What would happen with a Sapphire and an AGL ring in conflict?

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  28. Mr Zoat

The SI doesn't know.

29. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

He could find out...

Bramble Thorn and Prince Charon like this.
  30. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do Star Sapphires only work on Romantic Love or is friendship and family enough? And what about narcism?

I do know that Guy Gardner was able to power a Star Sapphire Ring with his Love for the Green Lantern Corps after his love for Tora wasn't enough, but that was the new 52 and I dont know if that was a new thing.