1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Earthworm Jim: Launch the Cow Indigogo (Completed and VERY successful)

Discussion in 'General' started by Selias, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Selias

Selias Well worn.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/earthworm-jim-the-comic-book/#/

It's got a comic book from the creator of Earthworm Jim (Doug TenNapel), a book about the creation of the games (The Making of Earthworm Jim), and some trading cards. Depending on which perks you select, of course. It's currently at 3165% of it's $12,000 goal ($379,820).

Bigfoot Bill is backer-exclusive, from what he's said, so the Earthworm Jim stuff might be, too. There's only nine days left in the campaign, so hurry up and back it. You know, if you want to.

EDIT (July 4th, 11:14 PM): It's now at $400,528.
    EDIT (July 5th, 9:05 PM): It's now at $413,383.
    EDIT (July 6th, 4:38 PM): It's now at $421,358.
    EDIT (July 7th, 10:45 PM): It's now at $437,040. (Just doing this because I think it's cool to see how it keeps going up)
    EDIT (July 9th, 1:00 AM): It's now at $459,695.
    EDIT (July 9th, 10:18 PM): It's now at $485,739. (Biggest jump, so far.)
    EDIT (July 10th, 5:53 PM): It's now at $503,086. Also, something that I've forgotten to mention is that Doug regularly updates the Indiegogo page with stretch goals. Right now, 19 have been met, and there will probably be another 1-2 met by tonight, since the next ones are at 505k and 515k. Stuff like a free poster, some card packs, a cloth patch, embossing and foil on the books, and so on.
    EDIT (July 11th, 10:02 PM): It's now at $545,737. Jesus. I guess people are being urged on by the looming deadline?
    EDIT (July 12th, 8:31 PM): It's now at $618,236. Yeah, I think it's the looming deadline.
    EDIT (July 13th, 1:09 AM): It's now at $678,042.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Xicree and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Awww for a second there I thought it was for a new EW Jim game.

Selias likes this.
  3. SuperMod

SuperMod perfectly immaterial surf

I was thinking about getting it but the shipping cost is insane, the signed fan bundle is €60.00 which is fine but the shipping is another €65.00, that's crazy. Its not just my location either, it seems to be a flat charge worldwide except the united states which is €20.00 and Canada which is €50.00. Someone in the U.K. for example is paying the same shipping as Australia.

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Jeez. €65.00? Here I thought that the $12 for just the comic book was bad enough. Yeah, I can't blame you for not buying it. Maybe try sending him a message to ask about it?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    SuperMod likes this.
  5. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Only seven hours left, everyone.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

The Earthworm Jim Indiegogo has now been completed, with $709,609 raised, 5913% of its original goal.
    $245k FACT! Add 16 pages to the Making Of EWJ book, form 64 to 80 pages!
    $252k FACT! 1 out of every 20 Bigfoot Bill books will get a HEADSKETCH (limited number)!
    $285k FACT! Add 16 more pages to the Making of EWJ book, from 80 to 96 pages!
    $313k FACT! EVERY BACKER* gets a cloth 3" x 3" GROOVY bomber patch! (*not for BFB)
    $320k FACT! Put gold foil on the cover of the EWJ Comic Book!
    $325k FACT! Earthworm Jim GROOVY CARDS one FREE pack per Backer! (*not for BFB)
    $335k FACT! Add Spot Gloss UV to Comic Cover!
    $343k FACT! All books $150 and up get 2 card packs, $500 +10, $1k +30!
    $350k FACT! Every Backer* gets an EWJ Blokhedz printed paper craft! (* for BFB)
    $360k FACT! EMBOSS THIS BOOK! EWJ Launch the Cow comic gets embossing!
    $370k FACT! Every book AND card pack Backer gets + 1 EWJ Groovy Cards PACK!
    $420k FACT! Every book Backer gets a free 24 page Bigfoot Bill 2: Finger of Poseidon Comic!
    $440k FACT! Giant fold-out 2' x 3' poster by Sebastian Kowoll for every comic book backer!
    $450k FACT! Add RED FOIL strike to EWJ Comic Book cover (second color)!
    $460k FACT! Add BLUE FOIL on the Making Of EWJ cover!
    $470k FACT! Add GOLD FOIL bling on the Making Of EWJ cover!
    $480k FACT! Emboss the Making Of EWJ cover!
    $490k FACT! Deboss decorations on the EWJ Comic Book cover!
    $495k FACT! Deboss the Making Of EWJ cover!
    $505k FACT! Put GOLD GILDED EDGES on the EWJ Comic Book!
    $515k FACT! EWJ Book gets THREE-PAGE spread!
    $525k FACT! Add a Glow-In-The-Dark Page in the Comic Book!
    $535k FACT! Gold Foil on Interior End-Sheets of Comic!
    $545k FACT! UV Spot Gloss on Comic Book end-sheets!
    $555k FACT! Silver Gilding on the edge of Making Of EWJ book!
    $565k FACT! Die-Cut the comic book end-sheets (put a window on a page!).
    $575k FACT! Add UV spot gloss on the Making Of EWJ end-sheets!
    $585k FACT! Add Blue Foil strike to Making Of EWJ end-sheets!
    $595k FACT! Add 3 panel fold-out pages to Making of EWJ!
    $596,542k FACT! Dye hair KAIJU-Betsy Ross for IGG comic highest raise record! Not a reprint. Not a collection. Original material.
    $600k FACT! Mr. Phillips gets a $1k bonus!
    $610k FACT! Ms. Lynn gets a $1k bonus!
    $620k FACT! Mr. Weathers gets a $1k bonus!
    $630k FACT! Ms. Kavalcova gets a $1k bonus!
    $640k FACT! Colorist Ms. Garner gets a $10k bonus!
    $650k FACT! Mr. Potter gets a $2k bonus!
    $660k FACT! Mr. Fenton and Mr. Roy get a $1k bonus!
    $670k FACT! Print Guy Mr. Smith gets a $1k bonus!

Two more have also been reached, those being a $1k bonus for the shipping/fulfilment guy, Mr. Rathbun, and a $1k bonus for for the trading-cards guy, "1/4 black Garret."
    To reiterate, when I opened this thread on the Fourth of July at 4:24 AM, it was at $379,820. Since then, it's gone up by $329,789, almost doubling. I just think that's really cool.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  7. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

I think it just goes to show there's still a massive demand for comic books the mainstream market can't seem to exploit, or that indigiegogos or kickstarters are currently the greatest ways to market them.

Sol Mark-1 and Selias like this.
  8. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Oh, absolutely. Though I'm sure it helps that Earthworm Jim was a really popular set of games.

Xicree likes this.
  9. Dormin

Dormin Know what you're doing yet?

Eh, I can’t say I was much of an Earthworm Jim fan as a kid. Still, good for them I guess.

Selias likes this.