1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

"I do not believe you, Liar Liar, pants on fire," Rumble replied.

Gosalyn and Roxanne had been protecting the civilians at this time. The duck archer grit her teeth.

Gosalyn nocked an arrow and aimed it right at Rumble's head, but Roxanne gently pushed it back down. She shook her head. Gosalyn scowled.

Relyt33 likes this.
  2. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

"..." Just hearing this was frustrating him, and Konstantin kept firing off Bolts of Light. He couldn't swing his Hammer while he was holding Elasti-Girl.

Relyt33 likes this.
  3. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

"Then..."

Dipper scowled, mind whirling and trying to remember how he got this guy to do things.

"Then. You shouldn't turn around, because there isn't a large burning metal ball monster right behind you."

Relyt33 likes this.
  4. AndrewJTalon

"HA! I will not fall for such a ploy! I will turn around!" Rumble cried. He did indeed turn around... And stared.

"Well... That's just a coincidence," he said.

"ARE YOU GOING TO PUNCH THE GIANT MONSTER OR NOT?!" Gosalyn demanded.

"FINE! I RUMBLE MCSKIRMISH WILL PUNCH THE EVIL MONSTER! But just because that's what I do, not because you told me to! HYAH!" He replied.

D20: 6 + 4 = 10

The Heartless beast took the blast from the Bolt of Light, and screeched. It then fired off a barrage of missiles from its sides!

D20: 6, 6, 17 - 4 = 13

These strikes hit hard only in the last salvo! Violet was looking very tired, nearly burnt out. Another salvo might finish her off!

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. Zaravan

"FIRE! PAUL, FIRE BY THE LIGHT!" He called out, gritting his teeth as he kept summoning more Bolts of Light but holy shit this thing wouldn't die.

Relyt33 likes this.
  6. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

AndrewJTalon

Taking a breath, Paul felt this was the right time to fire the bazooka. Charging it up with as much power as he could as fast as he could. He took aim and fired it. No name to call out for this, just trying to make it stop this heartless right here before needing to see if auto-life would work on this world as it did on Ivalice and back home. The cannon fired off a bit blast of light and reversed potion right at the giant heartless.

Relyt33, Zaravan and AndrewJTalon like this.
  7. AndrewJTalon

D20: 10 + 2 (Charging) + 4 = 16

The Heartless shuddered and trembled, and drew all its limbs into a shell around itself. It then fired off its rockets and began to power slam, up and down. As it did...

D20: 20 + 4 = 24

Elasti-Girl caught the Heartless, and quickly held it with her own body. It struggled hard, unable to get free!

"DIPPER! GET YOUR SUMMON TO HIT IT-NOW!" Gosalyn shouted.

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. Zaravan

Like hell he'd not take the opportunity.

"Press the advantage! Give them no quarter!" He boomed as he smashed his lightning hammer full force against the Heartless in time with Dipper's Summon.

This thing was going to be purified.

Relyt33 likes this.
  9. dwennon

Quickly shifting the bazooka back into one of his longcoats' magic pockets, Paul pulled out a sword to try and stab at the Heartless too and press the attack. Filling his blade with light magic as he struck at it as many times as he could while trying to avoid Elasti-Girl.

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. Valiant

"Rumble!" Dipper drew Truthseeker from the ground holding the keyblade in a ready in a ready to thrust position.

"DON'T STRIKE NOW!"

They Keybearer rushed the trapped Heartless for better or worse, Magic gathering around the blade's tip,

"HAH! Of course I will Strike!" Whatever head start dipper got was eaten up by the Martial artists powerful legs,

"HIYAH!"

The two arrived nearly in concert, Rumble punching with everything he had, and Dippers keyblade thrusting at the monster.

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. AndrewJTalon

dwennon Valiant Zaravan

D20: 7 + 4 = 11

Konstantin's hammer cracked down on the Heartless's tough hide, making it shriek and spurt flames. Before it could pull away, Paul's sword thrust into the bellowing cracks of the Heartless.

D20: 17 + 4 = 21

Right into its heart, the massive black creature shrieked again and again.

Rumble and Dipper's strikes hit in tandem!

D20: 19 + 4 = 23, 17 + 4 = 21

With two more, deadly deep strikes making its entire metallic skin shatter and shake. At last, Dash had his chance!

D20: 16, 17, 10

The shell exploded, and the Heartless's great heart was released into the sky. The other Heartless burnt away into smoke. The sky cleared, and the sun shone down... Onto a completely wrecked house and neighborhood. Dash grinned and whooped.

"WOW! That was incredible! That was amazing! That was-!"

Police cars came at last... As did several helicopters and federal vans, full of men who came out with guns drawn.

"... Oh boy," Dash muttered. Mr. Incredible held up his hands.

"It's okay," He said. He walked up to one of the agents who walked up. The agent was dour and cold looking... But managed a wry smile when he saw Mister Incredible.

"I see you've been recruiting," he observed. The men with guns all stood down.

Relyt33 and Spectrum2700 like this.
  12. dwennon

"...So, was there something going on before we got here that'd be nice to know? Cause world travelling can do some weird things to perspectives." Paul said, not quite considering much of the side effects of what he just said to people who probably don't know about other worlds. "Oh, and would anyone like some healing? I can dole some out pretty easily." He then asked the Incredibles and the others involved in the fighting.

Relyt33 likes this.
  13. AndrewJTalon

The Agent frowned.

"World travelling?"

Roxanne immediately smiled and stepped in front of him.

"Hello sir, don't mind us. We're just, ah..."

Gosalyn dropped in, posing dramatically.

"We are superheroes! Returned to the world after the ban on our activities! And we came to save the people of this city from the evil that Syndrome has unleashed, with his diabolical diagrams of dastardly design!"

14. Zaravan

"...I am glad the Law Enforcement of this land has such a quick reaction time." He snarked as he looked at the cops, having shown zero fear at having lots of guns aimed at him.

"...I was going to smash his skull into his ribcage, but unfortunately he escaped. Pity."

15. dwennon

"I mean, we did see some fighting happening and decided to help. Though with how weird things can get sometimes...well, whatever." Paul said, not really sure what to add right here. And just asking again if anyone needed any healing, slapping a quick very low end healing spell to take a bit of the edge off after that fight.

16. AndrewJTalon

The Agent raised his eyebrow at Zaravan. Gosalyn waved her hand.

"He's got this edgy paladin, scourge of evil motif. You know, like crusaders."

"Ah," the Agent said.

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Zaravan

"You're one to call edgy, little miss hothead." Konstantin shot back, voice even.

Relyt33 likes this.
  18. Valiant

"Thanks Rumble." , Dipper let the Summon go before he started mouthing off more about Pines the Liar, to the nice government agents.

Dipper laughed a bit nervously as he joined the group, "Ah yeah, sorry about all the... yeah. Things got a little out of hand before we contained the monster."

Relyt33 likes this.
  19. AndrewJTalon

One Day Later...

The Incredibles, having the choice between a hotel and staying on Paul's ship... Opted for the latter. Especially Dash. Explaining it to the Agent wasn't easy, but he was willing to allow some leeway with the supers given the incident. Especially that Syndrome was still out there.

So, the Joyeuxe had managed to make planetfall: A risky proposition but it did allow them to make repairs more directly. And possibly get more fuel.

As a result, our party had a good night's rest...

20. Zaravan

After he'd gotten a fair night's sleep, Konstantin awakened in the Shrine Room and, after washing and dressing himself, decided to see if he could talk to the Family they'd rescued. He was rather interested in their odd powers. More than that, he wanted to get to know them.

Relyt33 and AndrewJTalon like this.
  21. dwennon

Walking down the halls of his ship, Paul headed to get some breakfast. There not being too much to do at this time otherwise after showering and his morning ablutions anyway. Besides, chances are he'd be able to interact with some of the others while they were getting breakfast too.

Pushing open the doors, he made a quick glance around to see who was here before heading to get some food.

Relyt33 likes this.
  22. AndrewJTalon

The messhall of the Joyeuxe was probably the cleanest part of the old ship. It helped that Dash had been instructed to clean it all up. And even now, he was eating a huge amount of food at high speed. Mrs. Parr (Elasti-Girl) was feeding Jack-Jack with a bottle, while Violet was studying with Roxanne on her magic. And in the center, Mr. Parr (Mr. Incredible) was talking superheroics with Gosalyn. Gosalyn herself was fascinated about everything he was talking about.

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. dwennon

Paul just raised an eyebrow at that, not really feeling at all surprised at this. With a mental shrug he went to grab some food before joining the somewhat spread out group. Just taking the first seat that didn't seem like he'd disturb something.

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. Zaravan

Getting himself a small but filling breakfast, Konstantin made his way over to where the family of Superheroes was eating, sitting down with them. He was quiet for a moment, uncertain how to open a conversation.

Then he turned to Ms. Parr.

"You know, I haven't even asked what all that was about." He said, his tone soft. "With... 'Syndrome' and everything. I feel as if there is a long story behind it. If you are comfortable with doing so, I would not mind hearing it."

Relyt33 likes this.
  25. AndrewJTalon

Elasti-Girl sighed. She looked up at Mr. Incredible. He nodded, walked over and took his seat next to the large paladin.

"It's... He was a fan of mine. When he was a child," Mr. Incredible said. "A big fan. He wanted to be my sidekick. But it was too dangerous. And soon after I turned him down? The supers were publicly banned."

"We all had to just retire," Elasti-Girl sighed. She smiled down at Jack-Jack. "Not that it's been terrible."

Relyt33 likes this.
  26. Zaravan

"...If 'Supers' are banned, then who is left to fight Villains?" He mused. "Doing such a thing seems... Ill-conceived. Forgive me ignorance, but I do not have... The most faith in a regular Lawman being able to take down someone like Syndrome when he could throw me about using that strange Ability of his."

"...Especially if he has Heartless under his command.." He added darkly.

Relyt33 and AndrewJTalon like this.
  27. AndrewJTalon

"Government crackdowns don't take into account the people who break the law anyway," Elasti-Girl observed. Mr. Incredible sighed.

"Anyway... That boy grew up into a billionaire genius. He lured superheroes to his island to kill them, one by one. He tried to do the same to me. To my family. His big plot was to have one of his robots attack the city and then fly in, pretending to be the hero. We stopped him, but..."

"He's still out there," Elasti-Girl stated. "So.. These Heartless. What are they?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  28. Zaravan

He froze at hearing that.

"..How many Heroes has that boy murdered?" He whispered, shaking his head. "All so he could so jealously take what he does not deserve."

"They are creatures of pure Darkness." Konstantin said, launching into 'Preacher Mode', where his voice seemed stronger, clearer, full of conviction. "And they are dangerous unlike anything else. Born from the Darkness in men's Hearts, they are without number, taking uncountable forms."

He looked out a nearby window.

"...My home was overwhelmed by them. Not even a Last Crusade of hundreds of my Order's most powerful Crusaders and Priests could stop them. Like the rest of Prydain, they were swallowed by an endless wave of Dark."

He turned back to them. "It was only recently, I am informed, that my- My Land was saved, and restored. The Heartless are dangerous, and for Syndrome to be able to command them so, means that his heart is surely pitch black with hate."

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  29. Valiant

Morning Dipper blearily wandered into the mess, with no Mabel to provide a regular shock to his system he was more morning zombie than usual. The keybearer meandered up to the buffet line to stare blankly at it for a long minute before he started gathering any food.

It was only after that, and gathering up a mug of strong coffee that he got himself over to a table to eat.

Relyt33 likes this.
  30. dwennon

"So Dipper, how've the accommodations been for you?" Paul asked, trying to take his mind off things for a little bit.

Relyt33 likes this.