1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

Mr. Incredible looked guilty. His wife reached out to squeeze his hand. He looked back at her, his smile tense but thankful.

"At first... I almost blamed myself," he admitted. He sighed. "But that passed. That much hatred and anger... All just by being told no? No. There was something darker to him. And I don't know what it is. Maybe I don't want to know, if it summons things like that."

"Different worlds though," Elasti-Girl said, "you mean... Other planets?"

"More like... Different timelines," Roxanne jumped in. She smiled at Violet, who had formed a large bubble. "Very good!"

"Oh wow, thanks!" Violet said cheerfully. "So wait, you're from another universe?"

"Multiverse theory," Mr. Incredible deduced. "You mean, the Heartless prey on the multiverse?"

Roxanne nodded. "They're a plague, fed from the darkness inside people's souls and in between universes. It's, uh... Very complicated. The only things effective against them are magic, and the Keyblade."

"That weird sword thing? What's special about it?" Dash interjected. Roxanne smiled.

"In the legends of every world, there is a mention of the Keyblade. And I've seen wielders of it. They can lock and unlock entire universes, they can become powerful enough to defeat entire armies, they can change the fate of the multiverse." She nodded over at Dipper. "And he wields one."

"... Not as impressive in the morning, is he?" Elasti-Girl observed.

"Is anyone?" Mr. Incredible joked.

Relyt33, Spectrum2700 and Zaravan like this.
  2. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

He gave an amused snort at that.

"...In any case, it is best that we track down Syndrome and finish what he started." He hummed. "Lest the Heartless gain a greater grip on this land through him. I shudder to think of the consequences."

Relyt33 and Spectrum2700 like this.
  3. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

Paul just thought back to the times he'd been attacked in bed when he and the crew had to sleep in less than secure locations during the early parts of their travels. And having to go into combat mode in less than a minute, with some of that still effecting him now. Sighing, he could only agree with the Syndrome sentiment. "Well, we've got some decent tools here to work with. Though, I'm not sure how much of an internet there is here. So that may not be an option to help things out...plus me and my crew have never been to this world before, so outside of any similarities to back home we've not got much in the way of bearings here...oh, that reminds me. I should probably hand out some of the elemental absorbing gear sometime soon...should probably make another batch too."

Relyt33 likes this.
  4. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

Dipper paused mid gulp of coffee looking around him as his brain booted up the rest of the way.

"Ahem, One other thing though, the reason we're on your world," Dipper had to fiddle with his pockets for a moment before he could get out a wallet, and from that a picture.

Sliding it into the middle of the table was a photo of himself and Mabel.

"Have you seen this girl? She's my sister, she'd be... memorable."

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. AndrewJTalon

The Parrs shook their head. Well, all but one.

"I've... I've seen her," Violet said quietly. "At my school."

Relyt33 and Valiant like this.
  6. AndrewJTalon

"Internet?" Dash asked, curious.

Relyt33 likes this.
  7. Zaravan

"Your... School?" His head shot up. "Why would Mabel be...?" But more than that...

"Is there a... Very short boy in your school named Henry?" He probed, his tone gentle.

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. dwennon

"Probably a no then...but for short. It allows computers and their users to talk to each other across most any distance as long as they're connected." Paul said with a sigh, not too surprised.

9. Valiant

And all of a sudden Dipper was far more awake and Violet had his utmost attention, "When was this?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. Spectrum2700

Spectrum2700 Getting some practice in, huh?

"Syndrome's computer system was advanced and even then this.... "inter-net" sounds like something out of a science fiction film." Mr. Incredible recalled.

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. AndrewJTalon

"As well as other things," Gosalyn commented dryly. Dash was just confused.

"Ah... A few days ago," Violet said, pulling back just a bit. "At my school. She has a pink sweater, right?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  12. dwennon

"It's got a lot of uses, and I'll leave it at that for now." Paul said with a shrug.

Relyt33 likes this.
  13. Valiant

His for tapped his fork at the plate in front of him, not really seeing the food anymore.

"She does, and was wearing it, but... that had to have been right when she vanished then, was there a... Bunny with her, or a big backpack she was wearing?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  14. Zaravan

"What was she doing?" He kindly asked, making sure not to push to hard for answers. "How was she... Acting?" Again, he couldn't shake something felt... Wrong. Was Mabel trying to blend in with the population while keeping her head down? No, she didn't seem the type to do that...

Relyt33 likes this.
  15. AndrewJTalon

"Yeah, she did have a backpack. A big one," Violet recalled. "But to be honest, I didn't see much of her. I mean, she was loud and cheerful and bouncing around... I-I um, I'm not very... Social."

16. Valiant

Dipper shook his head, "No it's fine just knowing she and Henry are here is great."

He got up from his barely eaten meal and half drunk cup of coffee, already preparing to rush out and find his sister and friend, Truthseeker flashing into his hands eagerly.

17. Zaravan

"Hold on now, Dipper." Konstantin put his hand on the young man's shoulder. "You can't just run off on your lonesome. Besides, I doubt school is even taking place now. So she wouldn't be there. I doubt she's actually living in the building, either... Maybe Henry got them a place..." He theorized.

Relyt33, Valiant and Spectrum2700 like this.
  18. dwennon

"Besides, it'll probably be a good idea to make some preparations first. If nothing else something discreet to communicate with, since I don't think cell phones will work here." Paul said, knowing full well that he does have some options for discreet communication as well as technically the components for a basic cell phone network...though the latter not being something he'd want to set up if they need to leave immediately.

19. AndrewJTalon

Valiant dwennon Zaravan

"We can talk to Agent Stone about this," Mr. Incredible said. "And Violet? You need to take us to your school."

"Well, it helps I've got a track meet in a few days, huh?" Dash asked with a grin.

Relyt33 likes this.
  20. dwennon

"At least we don't need to rush things, so we got some time. That's something at least." Paul said with a nod, then thought of something and pulled out a single glove sort of thing Something that really emphasized punching. "And here, this might help a bit. It's good way to help learn a pretty helpful ability." Paul said, handing Mr.Incredible a Kaiser Knuckle. One of the easier ways of learning Air Render, which seemed like it'd fit his repertoire.

Relyt33 likes this.
  21. Valiant

Dipper was jerked to a stop before he got two steps, thanks to the Paladin's grip ensuring he actually listen instead of running off immediately.

"Oh, right... Yeah we, probably ought to plan."

He almost couldn't believe that he'd just about ran off half cocked like that, maybe Mabel being gone was hitting him harder than he thought, and after he heard- "Oh, that'd have been rude, Thank you for the information Violet."

Dipper turned to send a thankful smile the heroines way.

Relyt33 likes this.
  22. AndrewJTalon

Mr. Incredible took it, studying it. He chuckled.

"I can't wait for you to meet Edna," he said.

"She's going to be very interested," Elasti-Girl laughed.

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. AndrewJTalon

Violet blushed violently, and immediately turned invisible. Dash made a face.

"Oh great. She's got a crush on a new boy," he said. "Yech!"

"I-I DO NOT!" Violet cried.

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. Zaravan

Konstantin belted out a good natured laugh, chortling. Ah, youth.

Relyt33 likes this.
  25. dwennon

"Uh huh. Well, it's not like this is even all that unique a piece of gear. Heck, it was a pain to learn how to produce the magic threads for making cloth items." Paul said with a sigh, remembering all the trouble he had learning that at first. Even if he's gotten pretty decent at it now.

Relyt33 likes this.
  26. Spectrum2700

Spectrum2700 Getting some practice in, huh?

"So, is there a telephone we can use? Agent Dicker might want to know about all this." Mr. Incredible asked.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Relyt33 likes this.
  27. dwennon

"We might be able to set up a land line. Not sure with the equipment we have. Especially if we have to start moving quickly. But I'm sure we can work something out." Paul said, considering things for a moment. "If nothing else I can try a spell of sending...hopefully hearing the words in his head wont be too distressing."

28. AndrewJTalon

"Well, not so fast, Captain," rang out a voice. And much to Paul's surprise, Jefferson walked in. Dash gaped in astonishment and Violet was shocked. The tall Gargoyle grinned and tapped a necklace around his neck. "Why bother guessing when you can just ask me?"

"He's... Wha... What is he?" Dash asked. "He's so cool...!" He was immediately zipping around Jefferson at super speed.

29. Zaravan

"...Hm. Why would that be... Jefferson, was it?" Konstantin asked.

Relyt33 likes this.
  30. dwennon

"Yes, I know. Jeff can be very awesome when he's not trying to take all of the pancakes. And good to see you up Jeff. Magic necklace?" Paul asked, grinning at seeing his friend and chief engineer up and about even during the day.

Turning to the Parr's, Paul explained what was going on. "Just so y'all know, Jeff here is a gargoyle. One of the other native races of our world. At night they're like this, but during the day normally they turn to stone. Although it seems like Jeff here has a magic item to help with that for now. So we've got some more options than we normally do."

Relyt33 likes this.