1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving Up (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fencer

Fencer Weaponized Randomness

Loving the changes in Aang! Really really loving his attitude change!

Ddmkm122 and Fulcon like this.
  2. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

Yeah, not having support right at the start really let him hit rock-bottom fast. I'm glad you like it! Have a cookie.

Ddmkm122, NightmareWarden and Fencer like this.
  3. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Looks like Iroh got Zuko to let go a bit too much.

4. Fulcon

QUICK HE NEEDS ANOTHER ELEMENT TO STABILIZE HIM!

...wait, he's not scheduled to get that until *bzrgzrgzrgbzrgzrg*...

5. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

So is Zuko is going to be Wan minus Raava and four elements at the end of this.

So is he going to Learn some of that Swamp wisdom after the solstice "Pants are an illusion and so is death"

Ddmkm122 and NightmareWarden like this.
  6. Fulcon

There's really not much more to wisdom than that, so I don't know...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

I'm sure you can come up with something maybe how to make swamp moonshine.
    Maybe how to apply manipulation of the water of vines into firebending, maybe how to manipulate hot water I mean firebending at its base is heat.

8. Fulcon

I mean, there is what I have planned, it's just that what you pointed out is kind of the summation of the Swamp Benders entire philosophy.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Maybe the swamp benders rely on simple wisdoms also there is swamp skiing.

10. Fulcon

Pretty much yeah.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Also he needs to learn how to go with the flow the swamp benders seem to be pretty good at that, all zuko is doing at the moment is avoiding his issues like Aang after they tried to send him to a different temple.

12. Fulcon

That's more or less what's going to happen.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Is it wrong that I see Zuko getting invited to the Black sun invasion by Huu or Due after he spent enough time learning in the swamp tribe.

14. Fulcon

No. It's not wrong at all.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

I also wonder if at some point that one of them will refer to him as kin and he either has no clue how to react, begin to suspect plots everywhere or just shrugs and just adds something new to his introduction "of the foggy swamp."

16. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

I'm glad the visit to Kyoshu Island was Abridged I liked it well enough in the actual series but I thought Yuki was a not a fully developed character even though they kept bringing her back or maybe I was just bored with her I don't know but I'm glad we didn't interact with her much.

Ddmkm122, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  17. Threadmarks: Letters
    Fulcon

The following is a fanbased work of fiction. Avatar the Last Airbender is the property of Viacom, Nickelodeon, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Koniezko. Please support the official release.

---

Commander Zhao was irritated.

He was standing on a rig that had been built up out of the ocean for the sole purpose of holding Earth Benders. Of course, this rig was now nearly empty, a jail whose only occupants were the ghosts of those prisoners who had died in their cells.

“Commander!” Zhao turned to face one of his captains, who commanded the battleship he had arrived to the prison. “We were able to retrieve the surviving crew of the Prison.”

“And the Warden?” Zhao asked.

“Drowned, sir,” the Captain replied. “He didn’t know how to swim.”

Zhao grumbled in annoyance.

The Warden was appointed to his post for political reasons, obviously. One of the requirements to even be stationed on one of these platforms was that you were a strong swimmer. Sadly, these political reasons were that he was hated and whoever placed him here was hoping he’d die. It gave Zhao an in to deal with the man; he would tell the Commander if something interesting happened and in return he would get him off the deathtrap that was called a prison.

One such interesting thing had occurred and brought Zhao here: the forced occupying a nearby mining village had managed to capture a Water Tribal. Obviously it was a water tribal, from the hue of her skin to the ocean-colored clothes that she wore. He had sent a message to Zhao immediately after the guards saw her conversing with a pair of passengers aboard a Flying Bison. Zhao had told him not to touch her and to await his arrival.

Zhao looked out over the water.

“Get the Prison crew medical attention and ensure that they’re given warm meals,” Zhao ordered. “Once that is taken care of, I want to know exactly what happened here.”

“Yes, sir,” the Captain bowed and marched off.

For his part, Zhao continued to march across the deck.

It wasn’t hard to guess generally what had happened, but the spirits were in the details. The girl was obviously one of the Avatar’s companions and they had broke out the Earth Benders that had been held captive. That he was traveling with a pair of tribals indicated that he was found or released from whatever prison he was held in near the South Pole. From both the spies within Omashu and the report from the Warden of this prison, the Avatar was still a child.

Somehow. That’d be an interesting story to learn.

The fact that he was going north instead of stopping at an Earth Kingdom city for long or making a direct line for the Fire Nation meant that the boy still had to learn the other three elements, if he had even mastered Airbending.

Starting with Water.

Which meant that he was going to the North Pole.

Zhao did not like that at all.

The soon-to-be Admiral had plans for the North Pole. Those plans did not include the Avatar, who could act as such an effective spanner in the works that he might as well call the whole thing off right now. Unless he could capture the boy and his friends.

He felt something clatter against his boot.

It was a Water Tribe betrothal necklace.

Zhao’s eyebrow raised at that. As far as those things went, it was exquisitely crafted. Obviously, it had come from the girl. But why would a girl who wore a betrothal necklace be traveling the world with the Avatar instead of remaining at home with the tribe? Perhaps the savages had given her to the Avatar as a welcoming present?

He snorted. It was irrelevant to him what the savages did with themselves. What did matter was stopping the Avatar before he arrived at the North Pole and ruined his plans.

He brought his heel up and crushed the necklace beneath his boot.

---

“The crew has shore-leave while I’m gone,” Zuko said, giving out last minute orders as he finished packed. He wore a robe with a hood pulled over his head. “Keep them out of trouble, Uncle.”

“I will, Zuko,” Iroh replied with a slow nod. “You be safe on your journey. Remember. You can only afford a week in the Fire Nation before the ship has to begin it’s return trip.”

It was the big day. Zuko had been preparing for this day for weeks, studying maps, learning routes, trying to figure out if there was any military presence at all within the small town. He picked out an assumed name, Lee, to travel while there. The pieces were in place, the routes had been calculated and all that was left was to leave.

“I know, Uncle,” Zuko replied, wringing his hands with nervous energy.

Uncle Iroh grabbed a teapot and poured Zuko a cup. “For your nerves.”

Zuko smoothly drank the entire cup in one single swig. “Thank you, Uncle.”

“If you miss the return window,” Iroh started. “You can find the White Lotus in the nearest city. Travel within the City limits only at night. Join them formally and ask for relocation. Say each code phrase in order.”

Zuko recited each phrase slowly and carefully, using them as a mantra to soothe his nervousness.

“Good,” Iroh nodded. “Good.”

The Prince took a deep breath. He had very, very good reason to be nervous. If he was discovered violating or trying to violate his exile, he would likely be killed. Or at least, they would try to kill him and he’d wind up in open rebellion against his Father.

As opposed to the subtle rebellion of seeing the world and adventuring on his Father’s coin.

Zuko shouldered his pack. “Third dock on the Fire Nation Cargo ship?”

“Yes. Ask for Captain Kuzon and tell him that there’s a shipment of Lotus Petals,” Iroh replied. “Good luck, Prince Zuko.”

“Thank you, Uncle.”

They embraced, long and hard, before Zuko slipped out and through the secret exit out of the warehouse and into the night.

---

Uncle Iroh,

I’m writing this to you from Hira’a. I made it across the blockade without any problems; though I have never felt anything quite as terrifying as the feeling of someone’s footsteps across the smugglers compartment I was being hid inside.

And I’ve got news. Good and bad.

The good is that I found Mother. I found her. She’s been living here in her home village the entire time. Married to her old boyfriend, the one she had before she was forced to marry Father. The bad news is, well, that Mother doesn’t remember me.

Uncle, you know there’s a spirit that gives people faces, memories, identities? She can change them. Mold them. Shape them. Just a snap of her fingers and you’re a completely different person. Scary. Naturally, I went and sought it out since obviously mother had gone to see this spirit if she had been exiled as I suspected.

This spirit actually started to give me a new face, all the while huffing like I had forced her to clean a chamber pot. I couldn’t have that, I love my face! The look on her face when I told her to stop was priceless though. Turns out, she hates changing peoples identities but that’s all people see her for.

When I told her I was looking for Mother, she was very forthcoming with information. Told me who she changed Mother into, who her boyfriend was and explained why Mother didn’t recognize me when I first introduced myself to her; this spirit had changed her memories as well.

But now I have a choice to make.

My stepfather Her new husband is on board with returning her memories. Putting her face back is out of the question until after Father is out of power, but her memories. If I put them back, I have mother back. Essentially.

But do I even want too?

Uncle, there is ‘not having anything to do with the Fire Nation’. I am the undisputed king of that idea. I understand it. I applaud anyone who makes a jump like that. The Fire Nation nobility are the most self-absorbed grew of feces-chewing moose lions this entire planet has ever seen.

But there’s ‘blaze the Fire Nation’ then there’s what Mother did.

She didn’t just decide to tell the royal courts to eat coal, she changed her name, face and identity to get away from them. Bluntly, I’m in awe. I almost want to leave her memories the way they are out of respect, both for her choice and her audacity.

Though if we give her her memories back, what does that do to her? Yes, I get mother back, but she still has to live in Hira’a. Perhaps she might want that, but if she even wants to keep speaking to me? I mean, I’d be shattering the illusion she’s built, ruining the life that she chose. Even if she doesn’t mind, she can’t just send me letters whenever she wants. The messenger hawk carrying this letter was trained by the White Lotus to avoid interception. Mother won’t have that luxury.

I’d essentially be reminding her that she has two other children that she has no way of talking to. Maybe she wouldn’t mind that, maybe she would. I’m just now realizing how little I know about my own Mother.

Uncle, by the time you get this letter, it will be too late for you to offer advice. My window for extraction will be up and I’ll be on my way back to the Merchant’s Pier, one way or the other. I just wanted you to know that I’m safe and that I made progress, dilemma aside.

I’ll see you soon.

~Zuko.

---

The Fire Nation palace was the same as it always was. Grand in it’s majesty, holy in its dedication to the Flame and most importantly, boring.

Princess Azula looked across the pond from her position in the royal gardens. Those irritating turtle ducks, thankfully, knew enough to stay away from her and disrupt her meditations. They were loud and the gardens were meant to be peaceful. Thus, whenever they came to close, she’d throw a rock or two and hit their mother on the shell.

Accurately tossed with enough force to rattle the adult into taking her ducklings with her and leave the Princess with peace and quiet.

It would be easier if they were smart enough to follow orders, but since even the most forceful royal decree would be ignored by these peaceful, dimwitted animals, you had to use a medium which they understood. Force, thankfully, was understood by everyone.

Her meditations, just like everything else about her, were perfect. Her back a perfect straight line, her breathing smooth and even. The princess had already done her training for the day, trying to increase the speed of her lightning bending and maintain her cool, sapphire colored flames, so there was very little for her to do besides meditate, get a manicure, perhaps get a snack from the kitchens if she were feeling peckish.

She was hoping that one day, Father would finally have enough of her...brothers bumbling about the world trying to capture the Avatar and send her instead. He would be recalled, a disgrace still, but he’d be home and then she’d made quick work of the hunt for this boy.

The princess could go out, see the world, fight in the war, perhaps meet someone…

She shook her head.

No. If she was to have a husband, her father would pick the perfect candidate for her. It would be best if she stuck to the variables she knew and what she could control. Such as the hunt for the Avatar.

He was a boy, roughly two years younger than she was. Bald monk, blue tattoos. According to the path she had been able to chart, he sometimes made detours to tourist locations suggesting that discipline was not his strong suit. His age being what it was, that was a given. From the lack of Fire Nation casualties from battles with the young man, he was also quite squeamish.

When you combined all of this with the fact that he had only used Airbending in all but the most desperate circumstances, it was clear that he only mastered Airbending. Which meant that he was on his way to the North Pole and from there would need to learn Earth Bending, then Fire Bending.

From what Azula could tell, it would be easiest to capture him while he was on his way to an Earth Bending Instructor; according to the spies, the Avatar was an old friend of the Earth King Bumi and would journey to him to learn Earth Bending. Lay a trap, spring it and take home the prize.

Ensure Zuko’s removal from the line of succession and his safe return home while allowing her to ascend to the throne unopposed. It was a perfect plan.

Except that her Father would have to approve her request and to press him on this would be a poor idea. He would know when it was time for her to leave the palace walls, finally, and make her journey across the sea.

The disturbance of grass broke Azula out of her meditation and caused her head to snap in the direction it came from. Standing on the grass was one of Azula’s servants, a clearly nervous girl that couldn’t be more than a few years older than the princess herself.

Azula frowned slightly. She knew people had reason to be afraid of her, that’s the way it should be, but couldn’t they do a better job of hiding it? “What is it?”

“A letter for you, Princess.” The servant held out a folded letter, the back colored in crimson and bearing the royal seal. “From the Prince himself.”

Azula schooled her expression and stood up. She took the letter and looked over both sides of it dispassionately. “Hm, I see. You may go.”

Wordlessly, the servant bowed and left as quickly as she could without looking like she was running for her life.

The Princess regarded the letter with a small sneer. Her brother, bumbling and stupid as he was, had probably realized that he stood no chance of ever catching the Avatar now. The entirety of the Fire Nation war machine was mobilizing to hunt the boy down and assuredly, they’d catch him before Zuko could even lay eyes on him. So, he undoubtedly had turned to her for help. Finally.

She might’ve helped if he had asked sooner and grovelled sufficiently. Perhaps he was hoping she’d be able to entreat Father to rescind his banishment, but on that front there was very little she could do; she was a Princess, not a Lion-Turtle.

If nothing else, the letter would be an entertaining diversion.

Azula took it to her room and shut the door behind her. She sat at her vanity and took a moment to inspect her reflection. Not a hair out of place, as was expected.

She took a breath and heated the seal, allowing her to peel the letter open with little difficulty.

Azula, it began.

Azula’s smirk grew. He wasn’t exactly helping his case by forgetting her royal title.

I’m writing this letter to congratulate you on being next in line to the throne. I’m sure your rule will be long, effective and bring glory to the Fire Nation.

She blinked; that was not what she was expecting out of a letter from her brother.

You might have been expecting me to ask you for help, or at least to ask Father to end my banishment. But we both know that’s not happening. The only way I’m going to be allowed back is by capturing the Avatar and with the entire Nation chasing at his heels, there is no way I’ll be able to catch him.

Azula’s head turned in place. Perhaps he was being realistic, but she had at least hoped he wouldn’t have given up entirely.

Though, given how unsuited I was to the life of nobility I was, I think that’s for the best. To be honest, it might behoove all of us if I simply disappeared. That way Father doesn’t have to worry about me causing problems and you don’t have to worry about anyone challenging your legitimacy.

“That’s...not untrue,” Azula muttered, feeling a frown growing on her lips. There was an odd tightness in her chest. Sure, he was bumbling and stupid, but she had wanted him to return home, didn’t she?

But that’s not really why I’m writing this letter. I’m writing this because while I have no chance of catching the Avatar, I found Mother. It was a wild ride, but she wanted me to pass a message onto you.

Azula stopped reading, and then read that paragraph again. He had found their mother? Of course he did. There wasn’t a day that went by that he wasn’t thinking about her. The days where Azula didn’t think about her, however, were days that she could call good ones. No matter what her mother thought, she wasn’t a failure, even if she didn’t understand where she went wrong or why she and Father seemed to hate each other.

She told me to tell you that she’s sorry.

Azula scoffed, but found herself unable to tear her eyes away from the paper in her hands.

That she’s sorry she didn’t love you enough. That she’s sorry for being a terrible mother to you. For not protecting you from Father and hopes that you can forgive her.

“But...but...” Azula muttered, her eyes wider than dinner plates.

We talked a lot, about you, about the family, about how things went so wrong. She told me a few things about you, and she helped me realize something.

And what might that be, Zuzu? How terrible she was?

You are not a monster.

Azula felt her heart stop.

Of course she was. That was the whole reason mother hated her! She was a monster, cruel by nature and vindictive by choice. She used people for fun and lied when it was convenient. That was the one thing Azula and Ursa had ever agreed upon!

And I’m sorry for ever thinking you were. I never realized how you and Mother never got along. I never realized how much you wanted her to love you. I never saw how you would dislike how close Mother and I were.

So, I apologize for being a bad brother. I hope you can forgive me.

The princess was starting to have trouble breathing, trying to open her mouth and force air into her lungs but finding herself only able to gasp.

This letter is probably the last time I’ll be able to speak to you. You have no cause to leave the palace and I have no reason to return. So I wanted to clear the air and leave nothing bad between us.

I doubt we’ll ever meet again. But if we do, no matter what circumstances that would be, I was wondering.

Azula felt something drip into her eyes. She wiped it away, ruining her perfect eyeliner.

Can we start over? Just be brother and sister without all the baggage? I’d like to try again.

~Zuko

P.S: Do not ask Father to rescind my banishment.

Azula sniffed and froze as she saw drops of something stain the paper. In a panic, she got the letter out of the way, placing it on her vanity and reached for a handkerchief to blow into.

Tears.

She was crying.

Why was she crying?

It wasn’t because of some stupid letter, so transparently written by Zuko and Mother to rip at her heartstrings to try to persuade Father to let them come back. Yes, that’s all it was. It was not, at all, an honest apology from two people that hated manipulation because they were incompetent at it and...and…

She buried her hands in her face, trying to get her emotions back under control. She succeeded with deep breathing, bringing herself to a calm meditation.

It may very well be a precisely written letter designed to throw her off. It certainly succeeded if that was the case.

Or it could be the most sincere thing she had read in her life.

Either way, there was only one thing to do.

Call the bluff. If this was a lie, she could lord how they tried to manipulate her, Azula, emotionally, to get what they wanted. If they weren’t lying...then...they were lying. They had to be lying.

But if they weren’t?

That thought stopped her from reaching for the brush and paper.

If they were being honest?

Did she want to start over?

She stood up and paced around her room, feeling a nervous energy coursing through her limbs as she looked back toward the letter again and again.

Could she even start over?

Azula sat back down at the vanity and read over the letter again.

And again.

And again.

At the edges where she gripped it tightly, her claw-like nails had pierced through the parchment.

She took a breath.

And another.

Azula grabbed a brush and paper, and started to write her response.

It was terrible, so she shredded it and grabbed another paper.

This one was crumpled up in a ball and thrown over her shoulder.

The next one became ash all over the priceless wood of her vanity.

So she gently took another one.

---

Zuko,

What kind of fool

---

Zuzu,

I am impressed by your resourcefulness! You’ve been at sea for two years and found the wrong target

---

Zuko,

I would absolutely love it if you

---

Zuko,

Your letter was illuminating and...I’m glad Mother is safe, if nothing else.

But I also don’t think you’re entirely telling the truth. After all, you’ve been away from home for two years and you don’t want me to ask Father to end your banishment?

If you’re lying? Well, then you can stay out at sea forever.

But if you’re telling the truth?

Please capture the Avatar.

Please come home.

I want to start over.

~Azula

---

This was terrible.

Azula fumed at her letter, bouts of hot steam exiting her nostrils with every exhale.

This wasn’t the sort of thing she wrote. Her father would kill her if she caught her writing anything of the sort. She wasn’t even truly exaggerating about that.

But this was short! It was neither eloquent nor powerful, as all things from the Princess were supposed to be. It was simple. Plain. Weakness in writing.

Azula let out a sad, depressed sigh.

It was the best that she had.

Try as she might, she couldn’t bring herself to destroy it.

Her shoulders slumped as she looked at the most meager words that she had ever put to paper. They were pathetic. Wholly insufficient, far beneath the bare minimum of what was expected of Princess Azula of the Fire Nation.

Even her stupid brother would laugh at this.

She didn’t want to send it.

It wasn’t what she wanted it to be.

But it was what she had.

So, Azula, Princess of the Fire Nation, folded the letter and stamped it with the royal seal. After marking Zuko as the intended recipient She personally carried it to the palace post office and deposited it there without a word.

---

“I need to talk to Roku and I think I found a way to do it,” Aang said matter-of-factly.

They were standing at the gate of a village whose forest had been burnt to twigs. They had perhaps spent a little bit more time in Omashu than perhaps was wise, but they needed rest. Sadly, that led to them getting to the forest after it had been burnt, with the spirit Hei Bai blaming the local villagers for his home being destroyed.

“That’s great!” Katara said.

“There’s a temple on a crescent shaped island and if I go there on the Solstice,” Aang began with a frown. “I’ll be able to speak with him.”

“Speaking with your past life?” Sokka asked, shaking his head. “That’s creepy. Good, but creepy.”

Katara looked shocked. “The Solstice is tomorrow!”

“Yeah, and there’s one more problem,” Aang said with a deep frown. “The temple is in the Fire Nation.”

---

Author’s Notes: I can explain.

See, originally I had intended to write out Zuko’s trip to find his mother. I did. I really, really did. But there’s a problem and that problem is Zuko making this trip by himself, without Aang and more importantly, without Azula. I hadn’t read the comic and didn’t know enough about the situations specifics to make it interesting, so I found myself just skimming over everything. Then I had the idea to make this chapter about letters! So here we are.

I know perhaps a lot of you were looking forward to reading Zuko finding his mother in detail, but I...just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t write it without it being interesting and I figured that it would be better if I stuck to what I could write well and knew what was going on. So I apologize for not being writer enough for this and I hope you can forgive me.

As for Azula, I always believed that Azula, deep down, cared for both her brother and her mother. But due to being hurt one too many times and having her less than ethical behavior rewarded by Ozai, wound up shutting herself away, thinking that she was a monster. So in my opinion, she needed to hear what she heard (well, read) from Zuko’s letter for a long time. Specifically, the words ‘you are not a monster’.

I hope you guys don’t feel like I rushed it and did a poor job. The ramifications of Zuko getting a more objective look at life in the Royal Palace for his sister was one of the goals of this fic, I would hate to have done a disservice to the redemption of Azula...that’s not to say she’s redeemed. But rather, she’s been started on the road. She’s got a long way to go, still. Zuko too.

Shout out too Melden V, Anders Kronquist, Ray Tony Song, Volkogluk, Aaron Bjornson, iolande, Martin Auguado, Julio, Jiopaba, Hackerham, Tim Collins-Squire, Maben00, Sultan Saltlick, Ventari, PbookR, Seij, ChristobalAlvarez, Aenor Knight, Apperatus, EPiCJB19, Seeking Raven and Handwran.

Your continued support makes this possible!

Until the next time!

~Fulcon

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  18. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Zhao crushed the necklace how will Katara convince Pakku to teach her without it, as without it how can she point out that it's stupid traditions he holds too that prevented him from living with the love of his life.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  19. Fulcon

She won't. :D

20. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

So no him finally getting with the love of his life after so many years.
    Well guess that means No grandpaku, I mean unless katara looks like a young Kanna, in which case he might have a realization after she does try to trounce him.
    I mean going off katara and the fact Kanna chose to leave on a small boat by herself and traveled all the way to the southern water tribe, view the possibility of her being a bit of a spitfire in her youth very likely.

21. Fulcon

Probably.

I mean, he might make the connection at some point, but who knows?

Ddmkm122 and Relyt33 like this.
  22. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Swamp benders?
    You?
    Devil?
    Random deity?
    A guy from a year into the future?

Take your pick.

23. Fulcon

I hadn't thought about how he might make that connection until you brought it up, so I dunno.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Damn, just.....i think you made the right call with Zuko and his mother. It's honestly satisfying this way, plus we got to see more into Azula's mind and perhaps her long road to redemption!

Iroh is gonna feel a bit bad isn't he that he gave up on Azula IF she actually manages to turn this around huh?

Ddmkm122, Xicree and Fulcon like this.
  25. Fulcon

I'm glad you think so, that makes me happy. :)

I mean, it was going to happen at the end of this arc, but...yeah. I pressed the fast forward and hit the highlights. Because I'm the writer and I can.

Just a little bit. :)

Ddmkm122, Xicree and w34v3r like this.
  26. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

I was amused that Azula had 'girlish' thoughts, and now I want her to end up with Aang for the lulz :p (I am a die hard Tang fan, so this was an interesting experience), and the fact she connected the idea of finding a guy with hunting the Avatar...SokkaAzula would likely piss me off though...AzulaKatara would be a interesting twist though.

27. Fulcon

Interesting! Can you elaborate on this for me?

Unintentional, but pretty funny nonetheless.

How so?

Nope.

Ddmkm122, Akuma-Heika and Xicree like this.
  28. Metallix666

Metallix666 Versed in the lewd.

in canon, outside of 1 episode, she showed very little interest in things like romance or dolls.

Honestly, in canon she was a borderline sociopath. She tortured small animals as a kid, burned dolls/toys she didnt like, lied like she breathed (Toph couldnt tell if she was lying or not). If it wasn't for the way she broke down near the end, I'd say she wasn't capable of feeling/expressing a normal range of emotions.

29. Fulcon

I was more talking about why he wanted Aang and Azula to wind up together, but this is good too. :)

Ddmkm122 and Xicree like this.
  30. Metallix666

Metallix666 Versed in the lewd.

oh... probably because she'd terrify Aang and that it would be funny to watch? She's a very intense person and quite aggressive when she's 'interested' in someone (beach episode).

Poor Aang wouldnt know what to do.

Ddmkm122, Xicree and Fulcon like this.