1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

Marisa Kirisame, from Touhou, a kleptomaniacal human Magician whose signature spell is Love Sign: Master Spark, a fuck-huge laser beam powered by love and friendship that can probably annihilate an entire mountain range down to the molecular level.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Sage Hidden Bear likes this.
  2. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

If anything was worth noticing was that the option Greedy Girl did indicate the existence of Magic and from that we can only guess to see is it possible for Weaver to learn it. But from the other options I guess there more at play than the forces of both Shinigami and Hollow.

Sage Hidden Bear likes this.
  3. Threadmarks: Pupa 2.03 - Ten Lights (2/2)
    Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

[X][Light] The Shy Girl
    [X][Light] The Heroic Child

There was once a quiet child who fell into Wonderland.

Since they knew nothing of Wonderland, they believed everything from Wonderland. Unfortunately, they were taken advantage of, their first interaction was a betrayal.

After that, the quiet child learnt to look at the world with distrust.

It didn’t matter that everyone acted honestly nice, the inhabitants of Wonderland were strange, and different from humans, just enough for their earnest kindness to look like hostility to the sufficiently paranoid.

Since the quiet child had been betrayed before, they refused to trust easily, and saw enemies everywhere.

The gentle fuzzy beast who fed and protected them was big and strong, and could command fire, so they distrusted it.

The lazy guy who always smiled could look really scary, under a certain light, so they distrusted him.

The earnest soldier without an indoor voice always talked about capturing him, so despite his cheerful ineptitude, they distrusted him.

The legendary warrior, the mad scientist, the scheming idol, the greedy confectioner, the gentle king… all of them were ambiguous enough to be doubtful about their natures. And the quiet child had been betrayed before, so they distrusted them.

Only once they managed to leave Wonderland, their initial paranoia weakened by the journey, did they realize the truth. A single encounter had poisoned their perception of a world that could’ve been wonderful.

They regretted it, and wished things could’ve been different.

There was once a quiet child who fell into Wonderland.

Since they knew Wonderland, they knew who to trust, and they didn’t fall for the trap lying in wait.

The inhabitants of Wonderland were strange for those unused to their ways, and it was easy for humans to mistake their actions for hostility. But the quiet child knew better.

The gentle fuzzy lady fed and protected them, and tucked them in bed. They had a great time with her, until it was time to leave for new adventures.

The lazy guy that was always smiling wasn’t as funny as he liked to believe, but it was fun enough, and they enjoyed their time together.

The cheerful soldier without an indoor voice was earnest and easy to fluster, and the quiet child had a blast doing so.

The legendary warrior just wanted to make their king proud, and the quiet child relished on the chance to know them better.

The mad scientist only needed confidence, the scheming idol only wanted their friend to be happy, the greedy confectioner only wanted to feed their family, the gentle king was trapped by a cruel promise he didn’t want to fulfill.

Neither of them were human, for there were no humans in Wonderland. But they all were people. And good people at that. The quiet child wanted to help them all.

And so they did. It took many, many tries, and whacking their head against strange and confusing problems, but they managed to help everyone.

In the end, even the one who had betrayed them at the very start ended up being a lost child drowned in despair. Helping them was the hardest of all, and it worked as well as they would’ve liked, but they managed.

Where’s now the quiet child who fell into Wonderland?

But that’s not me, that’s not who I am.

There was once a bright girl, who was born carrying the power of a god. Not that she knew that.

Since she was bright, and had a loving family, she had a happy and safe childhood. She was maybe a bit too irreverent for her prim and proper family, but nothing that caused trouble.

She wasn’t yet and adult though, when her family passed away and she was sent to live away.

Since she was bright, and didn’t want to disappoint her dead family, she did her best to remain upbeat and keep smiling. But her new family was much stricter and frowned upon her behaviour.

She was made to study hard and train hard, to both uphold her people’s traditions and preserve her family's martial arts.

She didn’t find it all that important and would’ve preferred more time to play and make friend, but did it anyway, out of gratitude for the family who had taken her in after her parent’s passing.

Even if they were stuck-up pricks sometimes.

For a time, that was her life. She was vaguely aware of being groomed as a future wife for the family’s son, but that was something she couldn’t really help and far off in the future anyway, so she didn’t fight it.

The son was a nice boy anyway, even if he was as stuck-up as the rest of the family.

During high school though, she met a man fighting a monster. Without thinking too much about it, she rushed to use her family’s martial arts to help out and defeat the monster.

That… caused a lot of trouble.

The man belonged to a faction her family was on bad terms with, and the monster was an insidious creature that still caused harm even after defeat.

Those were turbulent times, where her relationship with her adopted family became strained and she grew to know better the man she’d helped fight the monster, all the while fighting off the consequences of that encounter.

In the end, things worked out, more or less. The monster’s revenge was countered, and she and the man fell in love with each other and married. The man was kicked out of his family, but he laughed it off and took her family name. It was sweet of him, as she was the last of her name and her own family would’ve normally disappeared with her marriage.

They had kids, and lived happily. Until another monster tried to hurt her children, and she had to sacrifice her life to prevent it.

Where’s now the bright child who carried the power of a god?

There was once a gentle girl who hated pain.

So much did she hate it, that she was willing to take it all upon herself, so no one else had to suffer through it.

She fought. Taking away the pain of others. Fighting, fighting even though her own pain only increased. Fighting even though pain seemed endless, even though her fight seemed pointless. Fighting until her bones felt like splitting, and her tears dried up.

It might seem like her fight made no difference but, upon the countless nights of never ending fights, the pain on the world dwindled.

Little by little, night by night. She took upon herself the pain of many until, finally, she was the last one.

The last one standing, the last one in pain.

There was no rest, because she had laid to rest everyone else.

There was no end, because her world was eternal.

There was no purpose, because she was the only one in pain.

She just walked this perfect world (constant battlefield). Beyond peace, beyond war, beyond defeat, beyond salvation.

It was like that for a long, long time… only the gentle girl in eternal pain, wandering the empty world.

… But it was just a dream.

Where’s now the gentle girl who hated pain?

There was once a perfect girl who learnt the truth.

The truth was horrifying. The sort of realization that destroys resolve and makes souls crumble.

Since the girl was perfect though, she took it with a grain of salt, and kept going on with a smile on her face. Since she knew now the truth, she could focus on what was important.

Smiling, always smiling, she kept close to those dear to her, while doing her best to lure those who mattered into her circle. And she managed, somehow.

The truth really was horrifying though. In spite of her best efforts, she found herself drifting towards the important things, in an effort to feel herself important, relevant.

Little by little, she compromised that which she would’ve never dreamt on compromising. She manipulated friends to put herself under a better light and attract the attention of that which mattered.

Growing more and more desperate, she tried other things, making her friends look bad, so she could look better.

But it didn’t work. The horrifying truth decreed she wasn’t important enough to stand in the spotlight.

Despair and hopelessness turned her bitter, for even the perfect girl wasn’t actually perfect. She had normal wants, and normal ambitions, that she desperately wanted to see fulfilled. The horrifying truth though, wouldn’t stand for it.

Still doing her best to smile and appear perfect, she manipulated her friends to get them out of the way and, relying on the horrifying truths only she herself knew about, she used what could only be called magic to erase their presence.

If there was just her, she reasoned, she would become relevant.

In a way she succeeded. After erasing literary everything else, she stood alone in front of that which mattered. They shared deep and light conversations and spent a long time together alone. Desperately trying to convince herself the situation was meaningful, that she’d bested the horrifying truth.

In the end though, that which mattered grew tired of the situation and erased her presence in the same way she’d erased that of her friends.

The last act of the perfect girl was to reveal her friends weren’t actually gone. Incapable of actually going through her plans, she’d just hid them away. Confessing that, and how to recover them, she bid farewell to the cruel, horrifying world.

Where’s now the perfect girl who learnt the truth?

There was once a passionate girl who had a dream.

Since she was passionate, she gave her all for her dream. Unfortunately, her family was divided about it.

Her father wanted her to follow her dreams, and she could do no wrong in his eyes.

Her mother had high expectations of her, and they didn’t fit with the passionate girl’s goals.

Through her father’s unconditional support, she devoted herself to her dream. Through her mother’s constant nagging, she was forced to go through studies she felt pointless and boring.

Undoubtedly, she enjoyed one more than the other, but she still took things in stride and made an effort to please both. They were her parents after all.

During her time chasing her dreams, she met a boy she didn’t know what to make of. He had no talent at all, messed up often and cried at the slightest setback. And yet, a smile never failed to appear at the end of the day and he never failed to come back the next day, still smiling.

She was very frustrated with him at the start, and maybe she was unnecessarily mean with him, but the boy never gave up and she could respect that. In the end, they become friends.

Her friend’s family was very different from her own, and it was through watching them that she began taking a closer look at her own father and mother.

There were little things easy to justify at first.

How his mother never failed to ask about his day while her own never did was easily explained away. They were at odds about her future, after all.

How his father was always there at the end of the day to bring him home while her own never was and she had to return alone was equally easy to explain. Her father had an important job that kept him quite busy, after all.

Bhe she kept noticing things. When she messed up and got hurt, it was always her mother who lectured her about it. It made sense, since her father never told her not to do anything. When they argued about her future while ignoring her it made sense, since they’d never actually included her in their discussions.

Little by little, as she grew up, she realized her father didn’t care at all about her, beyond how much money she costed him and how he could use her to win one over her mother.

At the same time though, she came to realize it wasn’t that her mother had high expectations of her, but that she wanted her daughter to be exactly as she wanted. In time, she came across the concept of ‘living vicariously through your children’ and everything made sense.

The passionate girl had parents who didn’t care about her. One gave her anything she asked for, as long as he could afford it and it didn’t take effort from his part. The other constantly tried to shape her into something she wasn’t, turn her into what she’d failed to become herself.

It hurt, but she grit her teeth and kept chasing her dreams. In the end, figuring out she wasn’t particularly worse off by knowing the truth, since that’s how things had always been, was a bitter realization .

She still had her dream, and the strange boy who became her friend, so she would make-do.

At a certain point, her friend stopped smiling, as trouble had come knocking at his family’s door. It would’ve been easy to feel vindicated at that, to draw comfort from others’ misery. But she didn’t. She had a friend in need, and she could help, so she did.

In time, as they grew, her friend’s smile returned, and all was well again.

She made more friends, even another close friend, who she pretty much adopted after solving some more trouble. Little by little, whatever her parents believed or thought about her stopped mattering so much.

Where’s now the passionate girl who had a dream?

How long has it been since last someone heard my words? Much less that I met something like what you… But now is not the time to bore you with my troubles. You need to keep your eyes on the price. Don’t let the task ahead crush you, and don’t lose yourself on others, little godkiller, you’re far too stubborn to fail here.

You’ve been shown a peek at someone else’s souls. They’re all bright and strong, in their own ways, yet there’s one two (Focus: Duty) of them that strike you as particularly noteworthy. Vote for Two.

[X][Light] The Quiet Child
    [X][Light] The Bright Girl
    [X][Light] The Gentle Girl
    [X][Light] The Perfect Girl
    [X][Light] The Passionate Girl

Oblivion Compensation! You lose 66385 EE!! (Ardiendo interferes with Luz Lunar)

Man, some of those really resisted being written! I think I made it a bit harder this time, then again, I seem to suck at evaluating that so...
    EDIT: Man stupid threadmarks hate me. Fixed now.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. Planeshunter

Accidentally put a strikethrought 'Vote for Two', that was my mistake. Edited now, you can vote for two like last time.

!Renzie0, Crazyself00 and Doom12394 like this.
  5. HammeredApple

HammeredApple Not a pile of applesauce.

!Renzie0 likes this.
  6. Syphi

Syphi Reading four stories at a time.

The bright child sounds like Masaki kurosaki's story..

I honestly have no idea of the others.

7. Thalton

Thalton Making the rounds.

First is Chara from Undertale, second is Ichigo' s mom, third might be Homura Akemi but don't take my word for it. Last two unknown.

8. HammeredApple

HammeredApple Not a pile of applesauce.

I believe the 'Quiet Child' is whatever her name is (I forgot), the player character from Undertale
    EDIT: Ninja'd

!Renzie0 likes this.
  9. ELRue

ELRue Making the rounds.

10. mariuswinter

mariuswinter Getting sticky.

that would be masaki (ichigo's mom) & tatsuki

11. Butter Flies

Butter Flies Versed in the lewd.

The Bright Girl is almost certainly Ichigo’s mother.

mariuswinter likes this.
  12. ELRue

ELRue Making the rounds.

The Passionate Girl is more than likely Tatsuki Arisawa (Ichigos now deseased childhood friend)

13. zadcap

zadcap Getting sticky.

Is that Doki Doki in there? I'm suddenly terrified of the mere idea of Flowey and Monika existing in the same universe.

14. Metoto21

Metoto21 Not too sore, are you?

Pretty sure the Bright Girl is Ichigo's mom and the Passionate Girl is Tatsuki. Could be wrong, but they fit from what I know.

On another note, we totally should take the Gentle Girl if we get another opportunity to do this, if she really is Homura Akemi.

Planeshunter and spidermonkey like this.
  15. KuroOkami

KuroOkami Getting sticky.

16. phil503

phil503 Getting out there.

Masaki kurosaki

Im sure is tatsuki

17. Thalton

Thalton Making the rounds.

Ok so in order.

Chara.

Ichigo's mom.

Homura Akemi?

Monika from DDLC.

And Tatsuki.

18. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[][Light] The Quiet Child - Frisk or Chara
    [][Light] The Bright Girl - masaki
    [][Light] The Gentle Girl -
    Not really sure but my bet is on Madoka Kaname instead of Homura Akemi

[][Light] The Perfect Girl - Monica
    [][Light] The Passionate Girl - tatsuki

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  19. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

The Passionate Girl sounds similar to vista... But shouldn't she still be alive?

20. Planeshunter

Man, I ran into a lot of trouble trying to figure who would be the last Light and am now thinking how Eleanor Lamb would've been great for the role. Hindsight and all that.

Crazyself00 likes this.
  21. Kraotop

Kraotop Tireless Taylor Tormentor

Ok, I admit this one is a bit harder for me as there are no obvious choices for me to make.

The Quiet Child is very certainly Frisk. I like Undertale a lot but I don't know how he would be characterized. And his power being pretty much savescumming I'm uncertain how it would manifest in a satisfying way. Maybe a power like jjba's mandom? But there's no denying that Taylor would like him. The little guy has so much determination that he literally cannot die. To be honest he should have taken control of the Gillian the instant he got eaten.

The Bright Girl is Masaki. I'll be frank, I don't like that she's a choice at all. I want to vote for her, not because she's an interesting character, like I voted for Contessa, nor because we have ourselves the in character obligation to save her, like Chizuru and Tatsuki, but because there's her family right there and nothing more. I know people are going to vote on masse for her, so I will not.

The Gentle Girl is maybe Madoka Kaname. She is great, but I don't really know if do no harm attitude would mesh well here. At least Taylor can identify with her a bit.

The Perfect Girl is Monika from DDLC I don't feel particularly engaged to vote for her. She is remarkable, but there's nothing that would make Taylor particularly connect with her.

The Passionate Girl is a no-brainer. We decided that we would save the two we said we would protect. Enough said.

So I'm going with

22. Damian3057

Damian3057 Know what you're doing yet?

23. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

24. iambasho

iambasho I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn, unlike last time all five of these choices are tempting ones. Sadly, voting for the two safe options of Masaki and Tatsuki makes more sense than taking a risk on the three likely crossover characters.

25. Aerrow

Aerrow Not too sore, are you?

26. Oathsblood

Oathsblood Getting sticky.

27. Arksurek

Arksurek Only here for the cookies.

28. werdzerg13

werdzerg13 Versed in the lewd.

29. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

okay so in theory we rescue regurgitate those we need to save plus two others.

30. Prama

Prama Know what you're doing yet?