1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts of Iron IV: Equestria at War

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr Zoat, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Anyone else playing this mod? I can't work out why I can't do a particular national focus and need advice.

Ddmkm122 and EternitynChaos like this.
  2. retrueno

retrueno Gagagavolting and Dodododrawing

What national focus? Also they've a quite active discord so you should probably try there too.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Help to fellow ponies. The Changelings are at war with Equestria and the Crystal Empire, I've sent volunteers, lease-lend equipment and finally declared war on the Changelings myself but I still can't do the focus.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Well, I went on Reddit and got a reply from the mod maker. The problem has been fixed. Unfortunately, the thing which is supposed to make Equestria reward you for your participation by giving you some land doesn't appear to work, though that might be because the coup attempt I made against the Changling Hives lead to the United Hives getting all Changling and Olenian territory without a Peace Conference when we won the war.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Okay, new question: how do I put jet bombers on my carriers? As far as I can see I'm only allowed to put fighters, CAS and naval bombers on there, and two of those have flipping propellers.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

The HOI 4 wiki might help... https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Ship#Carrier_air_wings

So, my first suggestion would be to make sure yourjet bombers are actually carrier ready.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Mr Zoat

There doesn't appear to be an option to research a carrier variant.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Mr Zoat

And... There's no way to tell the planes to attack anything the ship carrying them sees? Because as far as I can tell there's no point in having carriers. I might as well go all-small ship patrol fleets and just use land-based planes.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. JBukharin

JBukharin Signer of the Totalist Charter

Jet Fighters can't be used for Carrier purposes. The best you can use is Carrier Fighter IIIs.
    The role of Carriers is to make use of CAS/Naval Bombers againsts other ships while the Fighters keep away any airforce sent to defend the sea itself, or even fighters from an enemy Carrier.

Ddmkm122 likes this.