1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Shadowoflight

Shadowoflight Not too sore, are you?

[X][Unknown] Retreat.
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.

2. Arksurek

Arksurek Only here for the cookies.

I find this option far more tempting than I should, mostly because it might actually be Ulquiorra. It would nice to make a powerful friend and derail canon even further, but doing so would require getting past his emptiness/despair and not annoying him so much that he squishes us.

ThePokeManik and hillo315 like this.
  3. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

Yeah. As good of a character as Ulquiorra is, I'd rather not risk going anywhere near any Vasto Lorde until we are on the same level.

ThePokeManik and hillo315 like this.
  4. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

I thought that he was already recruited by the time Ichigo became a Soul Reaper.

5. [Quixotic_being]

[Quixotic_being] Fulfilling every contract to the letter

Can I just say how hilarious this would be, Big scary white bat demon and (comparatively) tiny colorful moth.
    If I'm right, he's at least an Adjuchas, the same level as you and he is a potential point of failure.
    So we have to be careful. Evaluation time!
    -[][Unknown] Attack. Possible Win-Win, If he eats us and we <Usurper> him (shouldn't be our go to but whatever), he ascended passed Gillian somehow. Probably much harder then those more simple minded predecessors. But more power anyway. Alternatively we win and eat him (push Canon further into the wood chipper). Lesser or the same power growth, less chance of destruction of self.
    -[][Unknown] Bargain. If we be friendly and gain his trust, we share food. So slower evolution for both of us. More safety from suddenly sneak attack. (hidden romance route?). If we be friendly and don't gain his trust, we end up as enemies. He could cause problems if Aizen decides to use him as an Espada. Probably going to attack us at some point if we screw it bad enough.
    -[][Unknown] Retreat. probably best path to take. if we are (un)lucky we could meet again! But best not test ourselves this early.
    --[][Retreat] Train. Much more likely to leave us the abilities necessary to survive. (Possible event chance?).
    --[][Retreat] Make Haste. Figure out why we are hemorrhaging spirit particles again. Possibly stopping it. Meet with your benefactor. Possible death. (Absolutely an event!).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Planeshunter and hillo315 like this.
  6. Umbra99

Honestly, I'm not very knowledgeable about the pre-canon timeline. It looks like Ulquiorra, and is probably powerful, so I'm assuming.

7. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

Ok, I’m fairly certain that Mystery Boi ain’t Ulquiorra. This is what Pre-Arrancar Ulquiorra looks like:
    [​IMG]
    He has the horns, wings, and the monochrome scheme of our mysterious friend, but Proto-Ulquiorra is explicitly an albino Hollow(I literally could not make this up if I tried), and has actual eyes, whereas our friend has, and I quote:
    A distinct lack of such trivialities.

So good news, it’s not Mr. I-Pull-Out-New-And-Never-Before-Seen-Techniques-To-Torment-Fuckers-With-Every-Episode.

Bad news, we now have not the slightest clue what the hell it is. Taylor’s instincts(which have proven themselves correct time and time again) seem to peg it as Wrong, Not-Hollow, and Not-To-Be-Fucked-With. The way it entered Hueco Mundo made Big Oaf’s Kumon look like a work of art, and led somewhere very distinctly not Garganta. Taylor couldn’t even perceive the place the portal led to, implying several things, none of them good. I’ll do a Bleach Wiki crawl when I get back to the computer, see if I can rustle up some suspects.

8. [Quixotic_being]

Is that Adjuchas or Vasto Lorde?

9. Zakara

Can’t tell. He’s got the right general body shape for a VL, and is explicitly a loner, which is kinda uncommon for Adjuchas, but I wouldn’t place any bets on that estimate. I do know that he became an Arrancar the Hard Way, by either an extreme form of meditation or his best attempt at suicide. No magic marbles involved with his graduation from maskdom.

10. [Quixotic_being]

Likely Vasto Lorde, they generally tend towards a more humanoid body type. While Adjuchas are just more powerful (and intelligent but that isn't a given) hollows, they can be whatever shape. Also, wasn't he abandoned by hollows similar to him for being too bright a color to be stealthy? If so we could be around that time but before he is forced to take a few levels in Badass on the life of a wanderer, meaning he is still viable as an ally but less likely to accept because of loneliness because he just got kicked to the curb.

11. CrimsonFate

I hope that after Weaver becomes the first Hollow to into the Moon in her dimension that she does the same thing once more in the Human World just for the humor.

12. Zakara

You’d think that pure white in a world of infinite sand dunes would be the optimal stealth color over black, but it has been repeatedly stated that the Hollow species as a collective whole are rather retarded. Also, any chance of recruiting Ulquiorra kinda depends on where in his personal timeline we are. We can be reasonably sure that any of the Hogyoku-produced Arrancar like the scientist one and Nnoitra are still regular Hollows seeing as Rukia still has Urahara’s Hogyoku, but Ulquiorra is, like Starrk, a Natural Arrancar. Therefore, he could have been recruited anywhere from the Visored’s creation all the way to post-Soul Society Arc.

Anyways, the main point here is that what or whoever else the Thing may be, it’s not Ulquiorra, so I’m still recommending that we haul ass skywards with speed.

13. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X][Unknown] Retreat.
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.

14. Ljapaubeaves

Ljapaubeaves Making the rounds.

[X][Unknown] Retreat.
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.

I think we should make haste, mostly due to already having sustained heavy energy loss with experimentation...
    Let us not lose our focus. Also, there are still motes of consciousness inside of us and i distinctly remember one being almost ready to want out.

hillo315 and Planeshunter like this.
  15. Zakara

Masaki was mentioned as the most awake of the four, and tugging back in Karakura’s metaphysical direction. Fortuna, unsurprisingly, is the most asleep of the four, just wanting to nap some more and not particularly enthused about coming back to cold, cruel reality just yet. Tatsuki and Chizuru are somewhere in the middle.

And yeah, in this case haste does the opposite of make waste. We take another CE loss like that last one and we lose a power level. Fortunately we won’t be on the verge of devolution unless we lose another seven, but any backslide is a bad thing.

16. ELRue

ELRue Making the rounds.

[X][Unknown] Write-in
    -[X][Unknown] Ignore

[X][Retreat] Train
    - [X][Retreat] Train new skill
    --[X][Retreat] Viento Plata(Silver Wind)

17. Zakara

Yeah, I have no idea what the Thing is. It doesn’t match to any of the Canon races, or even the Non-Canons like Bounts, Blanks, or Kushadana. It’s likely a DLC Import like Truck-Kun and the Faded Lights. It looks alarmingly similar to Ulquiorra, which is seven different kinds of worrying all by itself. I recommend distance. Lots of distance.

hillo315 and Planeshunter like this.
  18. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

and this time's winner is...

[X][Unknown] Retreat.
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 36 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 1068-1096]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    Task: Unknown
    [X][Unknown] Retreat.
    No. of Votes: 10
    [X] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [X] A-Salt-N-Battery
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Happerry
    [X] Ljapaubeaves
    [X] Mikers99
    [X] redaeth
    [X] Shadowoflight
    [X] Umbra99
    [X] Zakara
    [X][Unknown] Bargain.
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] A-Salt-N-Battery
    [X] MrMig
    [X][Unknown] Don't be a stranger, say hi, get to know it! Maybe it'll be willing to help us train? And maybe it could accompany us to the moon?
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X] Jubjub3000
    -[X][Unknown] Ignore
    [X] ELRue
    [X][Unknown] Leave it alone and Continue on with your Journey unless it does something to you
    [X] CrimsonFate
    [X][Unknown] NIGERUNDAYO!
    [X] Ratatoskr
    [X][Unknown] Write-in
    [X] ELRue
    [X][Unknown] Write-in. observe it see where it goes be wary.
    [X] phil503

Task: Retreat
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.
    No. of Votes: 9
    [X] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Happerry
    [X] Ljapaubeaves
    [X] Mikers99
    [X] redaeth
    [X] Shadowoflight
    [X] Umbra99
    [X] Zakara
    [X][Retreat] Train.
    No. of Votes: 3
    [X] A-Salt-N-Battery
    [X] ELRue
    [X] MrMig
    -[X][Retreat] Train new skill
    [X] ELRue
    --[X][Retreat] Viento Plata(Silver Wind)
    [X] ELRue

Total No. of Voters: 16

I'll say this now. You guys dodged a bullet there.

Also, I’ve been giving likes to pretty much any post that encouraged discussion or participated beyond voting, but now that you guys are getting engaged more often, it feels a bit cheap to keep it, so I’ll stop that practice. Doesn’t mean I don’t love it though, please keep it up!

19. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

So, just asking but WHAT would happen if it was any other choice ?

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Zakara

I think I’ll be content in not knowing for the moment. When a Hollow thinks that something is wrong, it’s Wrong. That it looks like Ulquiorra in a twisted sort of way just jumps the potential danger level. ...also because, you know, we got this encounter out of a Crit Fail. Hopefully now that we’re hauling ass we can get to Luna this turn.

hillo315 likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: Papillon 3.04 - Red-Eyed Moon
    Planeshunter

Hopefully this chapter will answer that question. Or at least kill your curiosity.

[X][Unknown] Retreat.
    [X][Retreat] Make Haste.

{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}{Danger}

Well, so far as it minds its own business, I have no reason to stop minding mine.

The thing keeps its route for a while, before stopping to sink its claws on the space in front of it, effortlessly tearing it open to make another entrance to that blindness inducing place from before and crossing to the other side.

Fortunately, the wound on the very fabric of reality closes itself after it. And I let out a relieved sigh.

Then I blink. How long have I spent watching the thing?… You know what? I don’t wanna know.

Moonie, here I come…

A soul-chilling encounter has hurt you at an existential level. You lose 20CE

Man, I’ve mentioned it before, but crossing between astral bodies is time-consuming and… Wait a moment.

Am I shivering? I think I’m shivering. That’s funny, because I’m not cold. Granted, the space is supposed to be cold, but I haven’t really noticed anything. I sure don’t feel cold. Then again, I’m shivering anyway, and I don’t really feel warm either.

… Should I try and set myself on fire? I bet that would feel warm.

{Metaphysical scarring detected}

You’re hemorrhaging existence. You lose 20CE
    -Power Level Down! You’re now Level 67

My flames flicker and die. Good idea, I should be saving resources, no clue how long it’ll take to reach the moon, after all.

{Enabling emergency privileges}{Claiming additional resources}{Attempting countermeasures}

You’re hemorrhaging existence. You lose 10CE

{Known countermeasures insufficient}{Querying host databases}

Something’s wrong.

I can tell, but I have no idea what it could be. My head feels like it’s stuffed full of cotton, and I’m having trouble focusing my thoughts.Hoarfrost is forming at the tip of my wings, but I can still move them.

Still not feeling any cold. Actually, my eyes are kinda burning.

You’re hemorrhaging existence. You lose 10 CE

Uh… the light’s I carry are getting dim.

No, no… that won’t do.

I must protect them. Even if they’re… they’re…

I must protect them.

{Search in progress...}

{Match found: All Human Wisdom}

Aaaah…. I wish I was back in the human world with Karin and Yuzu. Could really use a hug about now…

My wings are frozen solid, they creak everytime I flap them. But I feel no pain, I don’t feel any cold either.

The shivering is getting worse. Need to... hurry up.

{‘Attendre et Espérer’}{Energy save mode activated}

How long have I been flying?

A week? A month? A year?... A century?

The Hollow Moon covers my whole field of view, but I still can’t reach it.

Soon though, I’m almost there.

Land…

Moon…

Wings…. Must…

Arms… around me.

Warm… Kind… Loving.

I need to…

You’re hemorrhaging existence. You lose nothing.

My sweet, kind, unlucky little godkiller. Only you would cross paths with a Nightgaunt on your first flight between worlds. It made a mess out of you, didn’t it? Relax and rest safe now, don’t move, don’t think, and focus on recovery. I’ll make sure you survive to wake up.

Waking up is a slow and involved matter. First my brain boots up, and thoughts stop being sluggish remnants of dreams and nightmares to become something actually coherent. Next, my whole body twitches, involuntary movements soon giving way to unthinking stretches.

Wings, two, four, six, open wide, testing the limits of movement. It feels good, no strange kinks or pains anywhere. Satisfied with the test, I test the rest of my body. Abdomen, legs, hair… everything seems to be in top condition.

Ah… Mens sana in corpore sano, truly, the height of happiness is built on seemingly small things like this. Finally, I open my eyes. Well, not really open, because I have no eyelids, but you get my meaning.

That’s when I find myself staring at a pair of beautiful (and frankly huge) red eyes that stare right back at me. Actually, there’s a whole beautiful lady staring at me. Red eyes and pale face, framed by snow white hair and emphasized by the red and black clothes she’s wearing.

[​IMG]

Good morning, little godkiller. While these aren’t the best circumstances, I’m happy you came to see me.

Buh? The beautiful lady can speak to my mind?

And you, are you going to cause trouble?

{Host safety established as main priority}

Oh, my, isn’t this a welcome surprise. You’ve grown a lot too, haven’t you?

I’m sorry, beautiful crazy lady who can speak into my mind, I don’t mean to offend, but… what the hell?

Please ignore that, little godkiller, it wasn't adressed to you. And I’m the one who is sorry. Seems like your journey wasn’t as safe as I would’ve hoped. In my defense, the sort of the creature you encountered is rarely found in this world.

You are the Red Voice!

And Moonie, Elune, Mons, Leosarb, Selene, SERAPH, or whatever name I prefer. She answers with a chuckle. But really, for the longest time I’ve been simply called the Hollow Moon.

Holy shit is her!

That I am indeed. Now, while I don’t mind this situation in the slightest, maybe you’d like to get up?

I should probably do that, right? Getting up I mean. No matter how comfy I’m feeling curled up like this, between these two warm, soft and welcoming pillows I really should… Wait a minute.

With some effort, I look down from the enchanting red eyes peering at me from slightly above, past the inviting (don’t think about it, don’t think about it, she can read your mind!) lips. Down the pale white, svelte and elegant neck. And straight into the smooth, generous and majorly exposed masses of flesh I am…

Oh, dear, I’m resting between the breasts of a giant woman, aren’t I?

That you are, little godkiller. But if you’d like some more rest after that horrible ordeal…

N— No! I mean, yes, I’d like… No, focus Taylor, don’t be rude to the mind reading beautifully giant woman of perfect breasts you most likely owe your life to!

I— I mean...! Urgh… shutting up and taking flight before I dig myself a deeper grave.

So... At least she looks more amused than offended by my bumbling, small mercies. I take you have questions?

You’ve done it! You (somehow) reached the moon, and the warm, kind presence who gave you strength during your time as a little caterpillar. Now that you’re here, though, how do you want this reunion to go?

Chastisement.
    Cutting contact like that in the first place wasn’t cool. Not at all. You’re going to give her a piece of your mind and not even her smooth skin, bewitching eyes, pretty hair or perfect breasts will distract you. It won’t!
    Identity. Ask about herself, who and/or what she is, maybe a bit about her story.
    Appearance. Aks about her appearance. It’s not that she’s beautiful beyond words, even if she is. It’s just you’re curious about it. Something tells you it’s not her natural form.
    Four Lights. Ask guidance about the four lights you carry with you. You’d like to wake them up but have no idea how to go about it.
    Luz Lunar. It’s obviously something you derive from her, so who better to learn more about it?
    Power up. Can she make you stronger?
    Human World. How to go back, anything you should know about it?
    That thing. You should probably learn more, if only to avoid crossing paths with it again.
    Life, the Universe, and Everything. I mean, who wouldn’t ask?
    Write-in. The prior options are just examples, what would you ask from the Hollow Moon?

[X][Ask] Write-in.

This vote is a bit different from normal. You can vote as many options as you’d like, and Taylor will ask questions in order from the most voted to the least. This will probably take more than one chapter. At the end of every chapter the talk lasts, I’ll give you the option to stop asking or keep up with the questions. At some point, the Hollow Moon will stop answering too, that might be because a topic upsets her, because she grows bored or because something distracting happens elsewhere or for any other reason.

Damn but that critical miss was bad. Maybe the worst possible roll to miscrit in the whole story so far. Fortunately you didn’t try to interact with the Nightgaunt at all, much less (shivers uncomfortably) tried to fight it. So far your rolls have been overall positive, but this kind of compensates.

On the bright side, unless you miscrit again during space travel, there shouldn’t be a repeat. Hueco Mundo is closer to a real bad time than the rest of the worlds, but still not all that close.

On a different note, this story is apparently listed in r/WormFanfic. I don't mind at all, but man, they could've at least given me a heads-up.

22. Umbra99

That was a fucking Nightgaunt? I was not prepared for the Lovecraft crossover. Fuck we dodged a bullet. Or several.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, Vasto Lorde Ulquiorra looks rather similar to a Nightgaunt. Huh.

23. Planeshunter

Nightgaunts are what Ulquiorra dreams to be.

24. Zakara

I’M SORRY, A FUCKING WHAT. FORGET BULLETS, WE JUST DODGED A FUCKING ICBM FULL OF COSMIC HORROR AND ABSOLUTE NOPE. Christ. Thank god and all his angels that we kindly decided to fuck off, even witnessing the damn thing and the Outer Realms tore at our Self.

25. CrimsonFate

[X][Ask] Chastisement

Mostly because I want to see Taylor try talking while avoiding thinking about how beautiful the other person is.

[X][Ask] Life, the Universe, and Everything

And by this I mean just the basics on what is a Hollow and can Weaver grow stronger without eating others.

[X][Ask] Four Lights, Luz Lunar, Power up

Just a few standard questions for Weaver might ask the Moon Lady is in a good mood after everything is said and done.

[X][Ask] Human World, That thing, Identity, Appearance

Personally, I think these questions should go last due to the fact that the Moon Lady might not want to answer them in the first place or because she got bored.

Zucr13Ranu and hillo315 like this.
  26. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

[X][Plan] Just the basics
    -[X][Ask] Identity
    -[X][Ask] Luz Lunar
    -[X][Ask] Four Lights
    -[X][Ask] That thing
    -[X][Ask] Power up
    -[X][Ask] Human World
    -[X][Ask] Why Choose Me? Y'know besides being awesome.
    -[X][Ask] What she knows about how many different spiritual creatures I might encounter in this world (
    Forms of Hollows, Shinigami, Dragons, Bount, Demons ect.)
    -[X][Ask] Wait a minute you were speaking to someone else a second ago

Dragons are Canon in the Light Novels, the Bount are OP demi-vampires in the Anime, and Demons are a thing in the Bleach movie.

Otto von Saurion and hillo315 like this.
  27. Agmus

Agmus Know what you're doing yet?

Honestly, I kinda don't know what to ask about after a FUCKMOTHERING NIGHTGAUNT crossed our path, can't we just go:
    [ ][Ask] Everything

Otto von Saurion, hillo315 and Zakara like this.
  28. edofthesquid

edofthesquid I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah that plan covers everything I'm interested in

hillo315 likes this.
  29. Shadowoflight

Shadowoflight Not too sore, are you?

30. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

Holy fuck i thought we had found sadbat or something like him, not one of the most abysmally terrifying eldritch horrors this side of a Shoggoth

Otto von Saurion and hillo315 like this.