1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And well they should. One slight twitch of a miscast, who knows what could have happened to her?

You're quibbling over hairs and you know it, Sunset.

Hmm... If, like I suspect, she's aged up to her proper Equestrian age... Instant thirty-something-hood!

Just imagine the kids' reactions. There will be much squealing of delight, methinks.

She's not wrong.

Yeah, I'd want to watch that. Just the flat look of 'stop doing that' I can picture on her face...

Grayven, Lantern of Trolling. What colour would that be, I wonder?

Oh, Circe is trolling too? Now she's getting it from both sides - Aunty and Uncle.:p

I take it this is not the first time she's been an equine over the millennia...

Honestly, this relationship was good for Circe, I think. Playing the mentor to a student eager to learn, without being so straight-laced that she was boring...

Honestly, you're going to give him a swelled head. And Ponies are already pretty big-headed proportion-wise...

I'm picturing six feet tall, buxom and curvy...

...Okay, seven feet tall and Olympian! That's quite the attention-getter...

You won't need magic to befuddle men's minds...

Grayven... Honestly, leave off with the Dad Joke humour for a bit, please? You're making Pinkie Pie giggle...

Oh, I'm sure she'll be busy with so much research. All the research!

Are you kidding? She'll have so many things to work out now. She's not going to be laying around sipping tea like a certain Sunbutt now.

Time to show off a little!

Flight spell? No, she wouldn't need to spread her wings for that...

Yes, Twilight, why can't you do that, hmm? I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia or Luna could...

Eh, hers is basic mastery of known spellcraft, with minimal experimentation. Yours is full-on going off the magical study curve and then building more just so you can go off that too.

Did Twilight even have Pegasus friends first time around? To the wiki!

"The breeze feels sooo good on my feathers..."

And now Rainbow Dash is thinking about some advanced studies, eh? She can't toss around plasma like that, can she?

Very good question...

Heh, I bet Luna does have a little bit of a complex about her size. Just something small, deep down in her subconscious...

Who knows, she might end up slightly taller than Celestia...

And this is a conversation a long time coming. I do hope one of the first things said is "I'm sorry."

...What's that pattering noise?

Ha, she wanted to jump on that dangling line, but resisted the urge because...

...Who could deny her alternate an entrance like that?

"Well, I'm sure I can make arrangements for a Hush Tube next time. It's so much more convenient for impromptu appearances."

Good to see things working out. And I see we're leaving Equestria again, for another late-80's entertainment franchise...
    (Bit later than usual today, Mr Zoat. Got a day off or two, I bet...;))

Correction:
    I studied pegasus magic for years...

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If an Alicorn were to go through the mirror then would they become a New God, or more like an Old God?

One is a physical god, while the other is arcane energy that can assume a human form.

And the next three days will be filled with kittie titties:D

3. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

But of course with that same faulty logic Circe wouldn't know enough about Alicorn biology and magic to do so either.

Lupercal and Navi-Hank like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Sunset Shimmer and Circe. That was how Sunset could threaten to tell Cadance what would have happened if she'd been standing an inch to the left.
    Not exactly. My company is working from home from now until the virus is contained. Which means that rather than getting up and 0600 and leaving the house at 0710, I just have to be in front of my computer at 0900.

On a more positive note, the guy who owns my company also owns a company that's working on a vaccine. He thinks it should get approval by Christmas.
    Thank you, corrected.
    New God.
    In Exalted, when the Solars ruled Creation, it was illegal to own humans as slave. However, if a human were altered even slightly from the human template then they were no longer 'human', and keeping them as slaves was perfectly legal. I suspect that the Thundercats aren't altered felines so much as altered humans.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So Mum-Ra altered humans to be cat people?
    That is if you're using the 21st century series and not the one in the 80's.
    Not sure if the 80's one once ruled over a star empire with the Thundercats as his elites.

So if he did alter them, then he either did it as some way to improve their skills and powers as warriors, or he had a cat fetish.

6. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

It does read a bit awkwardly. Like Circe and Sunset are casting diagnostic spells on some third newly ascended alicorn. For a moment I thought that there was a timeskip and that Sunset helped someone else use her ascension ritual and is now scanning them for faults. Perhaps something like 'as Circe and Sunset continue casting spells on herself'?

7. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Because being something automatically makes you an expert on that thing, right. That's why, despite not having ever studied medicine, I'm just as qualified as and doctor to comment on the workings of the human body. Indeed, that's why I'm just as good as any physicist, too.

8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Have you spent a thousand years effectively being the only human in existence?

If not your comparison falls rather flat, because the simple fact is she would have to know the basics of her magical biology just to treat herself when injured. And even just the basics would be more knowledge then Circe has.

But of course, it would be stupid if she didn't know more then just the basics about Alicorn magical biology, because one of her goal's was saving Luna, who was an Alicorn.

9. Azure Mirage

Azure Mirage Making the rounds.

The 2000's Thundercats had a lead writer do a lengthy interview about how the show would have ended. He stated that all Thundarans are based on the blood of Mum-Ra and another species. That species is what "snarf" is and that that species is incredibly hardy and long lived but just not humanoid.

10. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

It's terribly important because our respective societies grade leadership ability solely based on personal height.

[Invader Zim Joke!]

11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Well, shit... this was a bad year to start a 1 year Master’s degree program (started in January)

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This was a shitty year all around Mquz, a really shitty year.

Hopefully things will get better, hopefully...

Gilhelmi, Lupercal and nobodez like this.
  13. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Remember that thundercats weren't' the only "animal people" we saw in that vision of the past. I'm thinking multiple base species were uplifted to see which versions worked best, and those were used for specific tasks.
    Dammit. Ninja'd.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat can Paul use FEED ME on the Omega Effect?

15. Mr Zoat

He could try. Doesn't sound like a very good plan, though.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Could Melinoe help Ghi'ta and Arisia with her fear inducing powers?

She could try to influence them and they could try to fight it back by focusing on their love and will respectively.

17. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So you are writing Thundercats next?

Alternately, Thundercats are artificially evolved cats. Hence why you have so many huge variations, like why some look almost humans and others look like furries.

Lupercal, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

She could be able to do it right now actually.

Twilight's mastery of magic, even before her alicorn transformation, allows her the "pony see, pony do" trick, she's the magic version of Marvel's Taskmaster.

If being non unicorn magic was an obstacle before her transformation, which it might not have been, she did cast a "walk on clouds like a pegasus" spell on her friends that one time, I would assume her alicornization would open up pegasus and Earth pony magic now.

Lupercal, Cuchulin, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  19. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Of course there were other ways around that as well. Witness the Anjei, for instance...

20. Mr Zoat

Help or 'help'?

Melinoë is the goddess of nightmares and madness. She doesn't really have a low beam setting. Hiring a telepath would be much safer.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If an Old God were to go through Starswirl's mirror would they become a Alicorn?

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

The avatar they were using to go through probably would.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can Old Gods make multiple avatars?

24. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Missing "than"

Right, so, for an Eros scene of them... who should I ritually sacrifice an animal in the name of?

Mr Zoat and Darko like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    That wouldn't really be in character for either of them.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is the paragon ever going to meet Darkseid in your story?
    That is in the six years in universe time, not after that.

Also can Old Gods make multiple avatars?

27. Mr Zoat

I have no plans for him to do so.
    Old God isn't exactly a precise term. Some can, some can't make any.

28. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Is anyone else reminded of that old tg post from way back when comparing "the Ork magic of th WAAAGH" and MLP?

Sunset might try to stake her claim as the new war boss based on her being the biggest alicorn.

Ardy likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So they can influence the world, but not make any physical contact with it.

Could they posses people to interact physically, like the Egyptian gods in the Riordan books

Are angels like Old Gods, living arcane energy, or are they like New Gods, physical beings connected to the Source for their theurgical power?

Will there be any future plotpoint involving the Olympians, or any other pagan gods, in the paragon side?

Will there be any such plotpoint in the renegade side?

Is Paul influencing Canis the way the renegade is influencing Knockout, or at least unknowingly in his avarice/heart of the Ophidian type of way?
    When he talked to him about his relationship with Zatanna it felt a bit weird.

Does Canis consider Paul as a powerful New Gods because of his strong soul and not because of his wielding a power ring or any other weapon?

Is Paul more immune to magic now because of his soul in comparison to an ordinary human, not counting the tattoos and any equipment he may have like spell eaters or mage slayer rounds?

Would Paul be able to do the spiritual type of battle that New Gods, like renegade and Grayven 50 did, if he were to fight a New God in such a way?
    When he talked to Carol Ferris -14 he said that all she had to do was want him there and he would sense her and come and renegade can sense those that are sworn to him or work for him using his god powers, plus he was also able to use the ring to provide some protection against the AL equation, his enlightenment also probably helped greatly, like Alan who was nearing full on elemental status and wielded a blue ring. The renegade can also empower people using his god powers.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Ngamer11 and DrThoth like this.
  30. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Okay." I nod. "You can do that. As long as you don't mind getting mobbed whenever you go anywhere due to being an adorable little pony."