1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

An Insignifcant Speck [ASOIAF/GOT Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ajpa, May 3, 2020.

1. Threadmarks: Introduction and Policies
    ajpa

ajpa Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Welcome to An Insignificanat Speck (of Dust), where you play not as a noble, but the people the soldiers prey on - the peasants. Whether you start your journey in Westeros or Essos, don't expect it to be an easy task changing your status from insignificant to significant.

The more you ask questions, the more answers you'll get (within in-character limits of course). In fact, asking questions and providing in-character justifications are expected: for example, as smallfolk, there's not much need for you to learn to read, so if you want to be literate, you're going have to explain that one.

This is my first quest, and it was inspired by a number of others, so I hope that this learning experience of mine will be equally fun to both of us!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Req Knowledge:

In regards to lore, you don't need to read the books. Watching the shows would help, as would reading FF and wiki. You are not playing a canonical character, but the setting affords you the ability to influence canon - the GOT show, although how much is a different matter.

While there are no hard requirements, I'd prefer if you could explore the materials. If nothing else, playing the CK2 AGOT mod gives a brief overview of things at different points in time. That and the wiki will help you. I'm unsure as of yet whether to make you focus on IC or actually be OOC, although it seems I'll be leaning towards the former from the initial writing and setup.

The quest is based on GOT, but with CK2 AGOT and ASOIAF wiki filling in things, or perhaps even switching them up at some point. Just to clarify things: you don't need to play CK2, but it'll help-ish.

Ultimately, I cannot force you to do any of this, nor do I want to, but I think you'll enjoy them more. And yes, having knowledge of a peasant's life would also be helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest System:

The system isn't so clearly setup, but I want a simple one. Percentage-based chance and dice rolls and modifiers, the usual lot. You ARE allowed to earn 'luck' - special modifiers to your rolls to allow you to shape events as you see fit/make things your way more, if you ask the right questions, impress me, write omakes, sidestories, art, etc.

The quest will end when you die. And yes, this is GOT, you can die. You might die.

You ARE allowed to dispute GM (me, obviously) decisions if you provide good rationales. They have a chance to be more successful if it's in-character.

NatCrits

I will award NatCrits based on the following:
    • Omakes
    • Fanart
    • Sidestories
    • Making good, insightful observations and/or inferences (those observations and/or inferences may or may not lead to further action in that direction)
    You are only allowed to use NatCrits BEFORE a roll. You will have to tell me. I will NOT be keeping track of how many you have - that is your own prerogative. Please do not cheat the amount.

Your NatCrits can act as either a NatCrit for you, or a Critical Failure for an enemy. Tentatively, I'm allowing NatCrits for all rolls right now, but if it makes things too easy/less fun/something, I'll revise the policy.

Sex, Violence and Ethics

This is Planetos. Sex is casual and everywhere, violence is a clear and constant fact of life, and morality is grey, loose and fluid. You will come about things that are repuslvie by any reasonable modern standards: sex/slavery, gladiatorial combats, etc etc.

I am not a lemon writer. Haven't ever written one, and won't be doing so for the quest. You will encounter sex, but it's more along the lines of: [You have sex. You were very good at it, and you please your partner greatly.] (Mods, I don't think that should be a problem but please let me know if it is).

We won't be debating 21st century ethics in this quest. Your character is a Planetos native, and you might even partake in these things yourself - and enjoy it. But, more than not of the character is crafted and driven by you.

2. Kay Redfield

Kay Redfield I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ok... so where's the Character Creation options?

Tunak23 and Omni like this.
  3. ajpa

Actually I just realized the quest is not ready for launch on QQ yet, so I'm trying to take it down for now. Where's the thread delete button at?

4. Omni

Omni I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well that's disappointing to say the least....

Tunak23 likes this.
  5. Tunak23

Tunak23 From the West to the East

Man found the quest right now,amused to see a CK2 Asoiaf quest back on the page and then you cut it off before it can even start,another Squire to the Throne...

Are you at least preparing for the future release of the quest or the idea has died off completely?

Edit:
    Found the quest in Sufficient Velocity:link and Space Battles:link,Will you continue it solely on the two pages?Are you planning different versions of the quest for each page mentioned?

SV sucks a lot even with its flaws QQ is far more interactive and welcoming to the users.

SB is an interface too old and the background colours are horrible.

Not speaking about the creative limitations you will face on the two,"appropriate content".

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Omni likes this.
  6. ajpa

Don't worry, I'm disappointed in myself too.

QQ at night is so fucking bright. Yes, there's probably a dark mode somewhere but idk how to change to it. And one day I definitely hope to launch this on QQ, but I'm definitely not ready yet. If you wna play, I recommend the SV thread. The SB thread is not as good. And yea, the SB and SV versions are different, although idk if tht'll be the case forever, as I like the SV version best.

Omni and Tunak23 like this.
  7. Tunak23

Tunak23 From the West to the East

Well I'll just have to keep track of your thread on SV,a little annoying changing pages for certain fics but well yours for what I've read is worthy.
    Thought that does not mean I am not slightly happy that another ASOIAF Quest will reach QQ!

Good luck with the quest,I'll participate whenever I can!

Edit:
    Also concerning the background here,you just have to click on your profile name and then select "Preferences" then go to the first option that says style and there you can change it.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Omni likes this.