1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There wasn't much explanation of what the people got by having their eyes torn out.

Like say did they get good weather and crops, protections from natural disasters etc. and in order for the god to do these things he needed the power provided by the eyeball mutilation.

Though I'm pretty sure it was more akin to the deal criminals have with people they get paid to 'protect'.

That being 'you pay us and we don't beat the shit out of you and destroy your place'

Chirox, Vorian, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes. That is exactly why he did it like that. He put rings into the hands of a pair of people he thought had the right stuff and watched what they did with them. Quite aside from the value of making a statement both to the inhabitants and the rest of NEMO, he believes that ensuring that the religion could not be resurrected was a worthwhile goal.

3. Jacen

Jacen I am of no consequence.

... what or who is NEMO?

QQporter and Darko like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Network for the Establishment and Maintenance of Order.

It's basically an umbrella organization that is meant to fight the Reach currently.

It's various branches include LEGION, the Darkstars, and the OLC.

5. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Chojin Patriarch and Darko like this.
  6. Amrynel

Amrynel Wat.

Ah, the Klingon approach to religion. Your gods are more trouble than they're worth? Kill them.

7. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know the first few updates of a new episode are generally unrelated to or at least disconnected from the actual plot of the episode, but the Atlantean politics in this fic is always so engaging, so I'd love it if the whole ep is about that. I haven't actually heard the term 'low politics' before now, but reading its definition doesn't give me a specific guess towards things, though it does seem to suggest something space/LEGION related, possibly something with the planets in the Reach expansion zone.

It's also an interesting title given the primary QQ ban (edit: I'm aware it's specifically the last two decades of recent politics, just found it amusing).

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Jaron and Darko like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

As long as Zoat makes sure not to mention current political situations he's good.

Some issues may be unavoidable and may make the moderators somewhat twitchy, but as long they aren't too close to the last twenty years there shouldn't be any problems.

There are plenty of political issues that have been argued about for decades long before the past twenty years.

Prince Charon likes this.
  9. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Really rolling my eyes at the SI taking sides in an internal civil conflict and simultaneously declaring it, "Not my problem."

Maybe Atlantis can't win a military conflict with LEGION, but the entire reason Orange Lantern is doing this is because he wants access to mages. I hope King Cyprian has all the mages he needs, because I wouldn't expect any under the jurisdiction of the Atlantean government will be allowed to work for him anymore.

Jaron, DrThoth and Hammerfury like this.
  10. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

The reason was known. It was religious. The Aztecs would also have said that if they don't stop sacrificing people then the moon will swallow the sun and then kill everything else.
    On top of that the planet seemed thaumically inactive, the priests were still actively victimizing on a massive and constant scale, and the people who did the actual priest murdering were victims currently wearing orange rings.

Ngamer11, Vorian, WargWolf and 7 others like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

No, but King Cyprian does have all the mages Dox needs to set up schools on Tillettit. They'll be lag, certainly, but now a place that was simply a burden will be able to give something highly rare back. Plus the people of Tillettit are rather fond of the Orange Lantern Corps.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Good point, especially since it seemed to just be a recruitment world for some Darkstars, and it may not even be that and only a small number of their people have joined them, its technology level was also apparently late 19th century at most so no tech from that side.

Now they can provide mages to the OLC and Cyprian and his mages can gain more date on how magic works on other planets for that whole Dreaming project.

Ngamer11 and Ardy like this.
  13. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Nah.

Same actors, different order of operations. He would have had a magical analysis and kill team already assembled before the floating eyeballs even showed up.

Why would the thing made up of eyeballs want more eyeballs ritually sacrificed to it?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say because having more eyeballs means having more eyeballs to add to your collection of eyeballs. Which is possibly also the manifestation of your physical form.

14. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Usually hyphenated.

I mean, he's orange enough.

15. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

16. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Clea's daughter would have a claim to the throne, the daughter that was "kidnapped" and raised by the people that benefited the most from the assassination of her husband... That is why Clea decreed the throne would be his before she died... But it's not like Atlantis accepted that, so there is still a high risk that Orin would just give the daughter the throne (because he is an idiot and the situation was likely done on the orders of his grandmother so by default he is in the anti Clea faction).

The only way Clea royal decree will be respected is if Atlantis is made to respect them.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Jaron and 2 others like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, though I'm pretty sure that Orin would at least make Cyprian king, however his other subjects may not be pleased with the independce thing and would want to give the throne to the daughter and punish Cyprian.

Prince Charon likes this.
  18. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Cyprian was in negotiations with Orin for the last couple of months and just recently declared independence. One would assume the negotiations failed and Orin decided his advisors were right and the daughter should be made queen. So Cyprian went "the king has made its rule, now let's see him enforce it" and declared independence.

Remember the council that rules the city that wants to annex Venturia are staunch allies of the crown of Atlantis, it was almost a foregone conclusion that Orin would continue with the plan made by his grandmother.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Lupercal and 2 others like this.
  19. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

Orange don’t need no fancy sword to beat these eyeballs, he just need to show him who is the best bunch of eyeballs by doing the same thing he did then when he was controlled by the Ophidian and was looking for The league of Shadow.

True Ninja, Vorian, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

As stated in the segment, the SI was fairly confident that he could destroy the eye creature. He just wanted to be certain and needed external help to check.

21. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Time for paul to fabricate some more Nth Metal.
    or was it Grayven who did that?

Ardy and Darko like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It was Paul, though he had help from the Ophidian.

Impartial Panic and Cuchulin like this.
  23. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

Do they actually exist retroactively, or do they just come into existence with all the memories of things they're believed to have done?

24. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't think Earth-16 Nth metal has the useful anti-magic/anti-eldritch abomination properties as DCAU Nth metal, though maybe it's still useful; I don't fully remember what those Thanagarian cultists way back in Wing and Dagger were capable of.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It has been shown to be able to turn people into those hawk monsters things and probably is used by the Seven Devils for their other magics.

Wonder if this version has any anti magic properties

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Grayven would solve this thing way easier wince he has a lot of magical support and still has the Sword Of the Fallen.

True Ninja, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Maybe, maybe the sword wouldn't work on whatever it is and Grayven would be left flat footed.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Sword can work on things on the power level of a Lord of Chaos and the First of the Fallen as well as a Maltusian, all of which are godlike being that are capable of causing some significant damage if they bring their full power to bare, to the point they can make a planet uninhabitable.

This thing is at best a moderately powerful god and not a being on the level of the First, who created Hell and was able to beat Sabbac like he was nothing

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

We have no idea what it is or what it's power level is.

You can make your argument after we find out those things, till then, assume nothing.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Going to assume that its weaker than the First.

david and Ardy like this.