1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiery Skies and Calm Seas: An ASOIAF SI/OC

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Witteric of the West, May 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    Witteric of the West

Witteric of the West ES ZEUS!!

Author's note: So... yet another one of my stories to be brought here. I want you (at least those of you that have not seen this elsewhere, those who have, please don't spoil the surprise ;) ) to guess where and when did our protagonist end up before posting further content here... now, enjoy.

Prologue

"I don't understand" He spoke with an uncertain voice. Memories of a thousand lives flashing through his head as he fell to his knees. In an instant he could see it. Chariots and its warriors in an attire that would not be too out of place in the Iliad or at Kadesh, bronze-tipped spears glittering in the sun. Then the charge became one of mounted warriors, clad in mail and with iron and steel swords. Spearmen ran and were cut down, a banner with a red seven-pointed star flying on the wind as a giant of a man wearing a bronze armor killed many of the mounted warriors. He could see phalanxes in the desert, breaking charges of horsemen, he could see the banner of a wolf on a great fleet that left a bloody scar on the lands it touched. There were men with kraken and with scythe banners, burning villages and taking slaves -no, thralls- He could see it all as if he were on the first lines of the armies, and also as if he hovered above them. He saw a Red Dragon banner be raised above a hill, and many armies surrendering. He could see banners of dragons, Red and Black in opposing sides of a battlefield, he could see the banners of Stags, Wolves and Falcons in another army, but this time there were no Black Dragon banners to be seen...

Then, with a flash of light, he heard the words.

"Awake?"

"Brother? Are you well?"

His breath was shallow, but he slowly calmed down. Then he saw around himself. The room was too richly decorated to be his own. It was also a stone building -even if the stone was not bare- and that was odd, as he was sure that the room he had slept in was made of concrete and wood, not stone. But the one thing that really took him the most by surprise, was the young woman, she had to be a bit older than himself, with long hair between gold and silver and pale lavender eyes. She looked at him, worried, but there was relief in her eyes.

"Gods, you scared us all little brother"

That look was too characteristic of a specific world... and suddenly what he saw began to make more sense. Unable to utter a single word, he took a deep breath and asked for everyone to leave the room. Once they all had done so, he slowly sat on the bed, then stood. Out of the window he saw a city, on an island. The weather however was warm.

After a few minutes he finally spoke to himself.

"Shit... Oh well, at least it seems that I have nothing to do with a certain couple of exiles"

With that he laughed. Surely this was a nightmare, right?

2. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Good story,i saw it on SB. You managed to avoid both Scylla of overpowered protagonist and Charybdis of not changing anything.

Witteric of the West likes this.
  3. Witteric of the West

Ah, I remember you, would you believe if I told you that I forgot that I had started posting this story here? lol

ATP likes this.
  4. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Things happen.Or,like we used to say in soviet times - "soviet science knew stranger things"

5. Witteric of the West

I guess I will start bringing it here then... maybe tomorrow, or tonight, we'll see

ATP likes this.
  6. Black Fyre

Black Fyre Versed in the lewd.

Good luck with this site. The traffic can be a might light unless you lewd it up in the other section. BTW I decided to post one here too.

7. Witteric of the West

Yeah, I'm currently deciding what to do, so I guess we'll see soon... I'll leave links to SB if I decide against porting it though.

8. Black Fyre

Black Fyre Versed in the lewd.

What pisses me off is having to re edit the formatting. For some reason QQ fucks up the spacing. When I'm in my word analog I end up having to add an extra space between sentences to get around that issue. Though I am considering using the double space feature. I'll tell you how that works.

9. Witteric of the West

Yeah, it also messes with the spacing when porting chapters from other sites.

10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Huh, didn't know you were posting here. At least here we get an immediate update instead of having to search constantly for a new post, even if we've already clicked Watch Thread.

11. ATP

ATP Experienced.

Both decisions are good,so - whatever suit you.Or - you could made specila lewd version just for QQ.

12. Witteric of the West

Eh, I think we both know what is the lemon most people want to see... and tbh, I don't have much of a desire to write that particular one...

ATP likes this.
  13. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

To be honest I cant remember what this one is to have a preference for a lewd. Hmm, Laebert/Rhaenyra?

14. Witteric of the West

Nope, remember the first Velaryon lad I wrote? lol

eppsilom likes this.