1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Require Descriptions for Videos in Image Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Nicodemus, Jun 29, 2020.

?

Should there be a rule for people to put descriptions for NSFW videos?

1. Fuck yeah.

19.0%
  2. Yes.

19.0%
  3. I don't see why not.

19.0%
  4. It seems like a bother, but sure.

9.5%
  5. It's a bother, I'd rather not.

4.8%
  6. Why does it matter?

4.8%
  7. No.

14.3%
  8. No, fuck you.

9.5%
  1. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Mr. Archleone Gone for Good

Good evening.

Like the title says, I would like descriptions required in NSFW image threads for videos and clips.

I really really really hate being tricked, yes tricked into seeing a kink that I'm not interested in.

If someone is not interested in said kink, they can just skip it.

They shouldn't have to waste their time and bandwidth on a video that ends up grossing them out.

This happens rarely, but it's happened enough times for me to get sick of it.

2. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I'm going with Why Does it Matter?, because I feel like that should be up to the person who makes the post if they do or not. Some videos might be meant to be a surprise, some link to another site where there are plenty of tags to tell you what is in it (such as the one you are bitching about when you made this thread), and in the case of others they might not be objectionable enough where anyone feels that it is worth the time.

Also I feel that the poll is misleading. You are saying it should be a rule that people have to describe videos, but then your poll is only about if people should do that in general. People might not answer those the same, and trying to make the poll about something slightly different feels like an attempt to pressure people to vote with you.

1986ctcel and Anonnermus like this.
  3. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

By "tricked" do you mean there was a description but it was a lie, or?

january1may likes this.
  4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Mr. Archleone Gone for Good

As I just posted in the other thread, I am not familiar with r34. I don't frequent there, and I was on mobile.

When I made this thread, I wasn't aware there were even tags at all.

This is what I saw for the 3 or so seconds before I hit full screen just so I could actually see what I was watching:

[​IMG]

Besides that, there were other posts in the past by other users.

I was curious about how people felt on that matter in general, but I suppose you are right.

I'll edit the question.

Edit:

A Mod has generously edited the question for me.

At the time, I believed there wasn't a descriptor or tags at all.

So yes, that is what I originally meant by Tricked.

I realize that is not the case anymore, but there are still other cases like this one:

(I am killing the image and source link for this SFW side of the site)

Follow the post to the thread to see the content.

No one was going to check the source first, and it was rather tasteless as a april fools day prank.

Again, there are other examples of this kinda dickery, but this is the most jarring example I could find off of memory.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    wayne82444 and Renko like this.
  5. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Oof.

I was trying to forget that I did that.

:V

6. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Found your problem, most sites suck for mobile compared to an actual computer. That's just something you have to accept about using mobile for the internet- that it isn't as good. Same as how you have to accept that it is harder to type without an actual keyboard.

And just for reference, on non-mobile devices the tags are in a column on the left side of the screen, so easily visible.

Ok, I can understand being curious about it in general. Thanks for editing the poll anyway, since it would feel like you are trying to mislead people into supporting your proposed rule even if that wasn't your motivation.

Nicodemus likes this.
  7. Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Verified kōhai

I need to unwatch these segments of the forum now that I’ve taken a sabbatical from moderation, I keep getting pinged.

My two cents on this question is that I personally wouldn’t mind if people had to put a one sentence description on videos (or just one or two words in their post).

That’s not unreasonable. It’s not like we’re asking people to write up an entire essay to go with video posting, this is literally the kind of thing that only takes like two seconds of thought. It’s not a big deal.

I don’t particularly care for the idea, but it’s not like it’d be particularly difficult to implement and you’d think it’d be common courtesy anyways.

Nicodemus likes this.
  8. Im_just_a_Reader

Im_just_a_Reader IsekaI connoisseur for fun.

Sir sorry to butt in.

But can you pls tell me how to pose an image or vid from my gallery? Also how can you put on the cover pic? ( if there is ).
    Im a webnovel writer and this system greatly confused me.

( I use mobile)

9. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

*Looks suspiciously at user name*

There isn’t really cover pics for fics (if I’m getting what you mean correctly), though there’s nothing stopping you from having an image at the top of the first post with a story title over it. To post pics, there’s a icon above the reply box you can tap where you can paste image urls in.

Im_just_a_Reader likes this.
  10. Im_just_a_Reader

Im_just_a_Reader IsekaI connoisseur for fun.

I see... all I need is the link?
    How about the pic in my gallery?

I did edit and draw some pic for my covers but I just dont onow how to post them into the internet. Much less. Websites.

Also I can't change my damn name. To be frank, I've never expected that I prefer writing here despite its difficult system.

My pen name in webnovel is Demiurge Ohara. It has an animated albino pic making a shy and confused expression as a profile pic.

At least last I check a month ago before I went hiatus...

I quit writing because it has a limitation of 20 stories per account.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  11. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

I generally post the image in discord before copying that to get a url that works for pasting.

You can ask a mod/admin if you want your name changed, but honestly it’s funnier as is.

If you’re gonna write that many stories, while there isn’t a strict limit, I’d make a snippets thread to post them in rather than making a new thread for each. At least till they get more than five chapters, otherwise people might get annoyed with how much space they take up.